• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

dallas tournament

Started by elvis26, December 27, 2014, 02:32:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elvis26

;D anybody have any updates on Jonesboro in the dallas tournament?

ricepig

Quote from: elvis26 on December 27, 2014, 02:32:38 pm
;D anybody have any updates on Jonesboro in the dallas tournament?

Well, it's in Ft Worth, and doesn't start until Monday. PV is in it, also.

http://www.whataburger-bbt.org/index.php/bracketsschedules/2014-orange-bracket

JTthegreat16

Any guesses as to how they will do?

elvis26

neds

Parkview won this tournament several years ago. That was a big win for them. That said, this is not going to be one of Parkview's better teams. I doubt they do well. They drew North Crowley and they are usually a pretty good team. Plano West is the favorite to win the tournament.

ricepig

Jonesboro finished 2nd last year, it really helped them plug in some guys, as they had lost their center for the year, the week before. I suspect both Arkansas teams will represent the state well.

neds

December 28, 2014, 01:45:39 pm #6 Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 06:41:47 pm by neds
I do think that Jonesboro will do well this year, as they did in last years. I agree that both teams will hold their own in this years tournament, just that Parkview doesn't have the scoring this year that they have had in the past. They are young (lots of good sophs) and will improve as the year goes.

businesstron

I think might be a little tougher this year.   Plano West is the definite favorite but Desoto(is in the top 3 in 6a), South Grand Prairie, Mansfield Summitt, and Cy Lakes have good teams.  I guess it's nothing to different though.   That's a great tournament with the quarterfinals start.

ricepig

PV defeats North Crowley 61-44.

neds

businesstron

Jonesboro up on Richland 27-24 at the half.   They actually are showing it on the NFHS network.

neds

Good deal
Parkview has Keller in the morn. If they win they probably play DeSoto. That would be fun to watch.

businesstron

Parkview should beat Keller I would think.       Jonesboro is in a close game with Richland.  Richland is up 56-55 with under 2 minutes to go.

businesstron

Richland wins 63-57.   Jonesboro had the lead for 3/4 of the game then sometime in the 4th Richland got up by 7.    Jonesboro closed that gap to a tie but in the final 2 minutes Richland went on a run and Jonesboro went cold.    Kind of a mild upset.  Richland usually has solid teams but nothing really to great.  They do usually have one or 2 D1 calibur players on their squad though.

neds

Parkview wins 49 - 44 , they play DeSoto on Wed.  That will be a good game.

WPWells

neds

neds

Yes, next game @8 p.m. today is semi's (upper bracket)
Plano West is in the lower bracket

ricepig

Jonesboro beat Arlington Martin 78-61, Marquise Pointer had 17pts, 10 assists, 10 steals, and 9 Rebs.

neds

Has he committed any where yet?

ricepig

Quote from: neds on December 30, 2014, 08:45:27 pm
Has he committed any where yet?

College of Charleston, the assistant who was recruiting him from Clemson took the HC there and Marquise followed him to C of C.

neds

Good school , he will do well and that is a great town.

businesstron

Parkview is up on Desoto 33-24 at the half.  Pretty entertaining game.  When Desoto big man (a 6'9 kid that's supposed to be good)  went out of the game that's when Parkview made their run.  How they are playing it now I would think they should win.    They look like they have improved by a bunch since that game with Northside.

neds

It sounds like their youth is coming along to give them the depth Flannigan likes as he pressures teams with salty D. I agree they appear to have come a long way since I watched them play at NLR.
I hope they bring home the prize. Plano West , if they are indeed next, is talented and big. I saw them play on ESPN and I don't remember great strength at guards. You better handle the ball well if you're goi g to beat Parkview.

ricepig

Jonesboro loses to South Grand Prairie, 49-44. It appears to me that both NLR and Jonesboro are missing their PG from last year. The both still have good ones, it just takes away a threat.

businesstron

Plano West is decent at guard....probably not as good collectively as Parkview though.  They strength is in their front court.  Four of of their 5 starters are what I would called Major D1 prospects.  Two of those starters are 6'7 and can move good for their height.  The center who is the 3rd prospect is 6'10 and moves pretty good as well.   The other prospect is a guard but he's only a sophmore.  One of their other players is one of the best running backs in the nation and he also averaged 15 points in basketball....I don't know if he's on the team this year yet... he might have been in the same situation KJ Hill was in. 

They are loaded.  It'll be a great game.    Even though I'm a Texan at heart I won't be too sad if Plano West loses...probably cause I like Parkview more.  Either way  I'm just hoping for a good game.

ricepig

Congrats to PV for winning the Whataburger Class is with a 53-41 victory over Plano West.

WPWells

neds

Real big win!!  They , Parkview, beat the no.'s #2 and #3 teams in Texas for the title

businesstron

Yeah it's pretty impressive.   I saw a little bit of the 3rd quarter and some on the 4th.  During that time it was pretty close and then Parkview busted the game open and Plano West couldn't keep.  Their center stayed in foul trouble most of the game....that's one of reasons Parkview was able to go inside.   

With all that I think it's safe to say Parkview and Jonesboro will be playing in Hot Springs again this year.  I don't see anyone in 6a coming with 10 points of them. 

urban legend2

Alot of ball to be played between now and then...

ricepig

Quote from: urban legend2 on January 02, 2015, 12:26:18 am
Alot of ball to be played between now and then...

Just going through the motions, though.......

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas