• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A South Boys/Girls 2014-15

Started by Blindsided, August 04, 2014, 01:36:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blindsided

With the addition of LR Hall and LR Parkview, the South will be much different than the last 2 years.  What's your predictions on order of finish?  My picks are below:

Boys

LR Parkview
El Dorado
Benton
LR Hall
Pine Bluff
Sheridan
Lake Hamilton
Texarkana

Girls

LR Parkview
El Dorado
LR Hall
Pine Bluff
Benton
Lake Hamilton
Sheridan
Texarkana

suprstr30

In girls El Dorado lost 4 starters including all everything 6'3" McCool and two other All State guards.  They will have to find scorers but do have some decent size and speed.  Hall probably should be higher and Benton returns everybody i think.

BigBobB

The Benton girls looked good this summer. They traded games with Pine Bluff last year and only lost one player from the team (Reynolds, SR). Everyone else is coming back. Pine Bluff only has Eckerman to contend with, so I think Benton will jump on them pretty well. Eldorado will have to rebuild this year so I don't think they should rank higher than Benton, especially since Benton has one of the biggest teams in the 6A South (Burchfield 6'3"). I don't know anything about Parkview and Hall other than they have traditionally produced solid teams.

zebrafan

Quote from: BigBobB on August 05, 2014, 03:12:08 pm
The Benton girls looked good this summer. They traded games with Pine Bluff last year and only lost one player from the team (Reynolds, SR). Everyone else is coming back. Pine Bluff only has Eckerman to contend with, so I think Benton will jump on them pretty well. Eldorado will have to rebuild this year so I don't think they should rank higher than Benton, especially since Benton has one of the biggest teams in the 6A South (Burchfield 6'3"). I don't know anything about Parkview and Hall other than they have traditionally produced solid teams.
PB has more than Eckerman...

Mike Love

Girls-
Parkview
Benton
Pine Bluff
Hall
El Dorado
Sheridan
Lake Hamilton
Texarkana

Benton is very good. Sheridan has a new coach, and a new, good assistant. And a ton of talent, with perhaps the biggest line-up ever. Pine Bluff will be very tough as well.

BigBobB

I thought PB graduated all of their starters except for Eckerman. I didn't recall seeing a lot of players coming off the bench.

zebradynasty

Quote from: BigBobB on August 05, 2014, 03:27:51 pm
I thought PB graduated all of their starters except for Eckerman. I didn't recall seeing a lot of players coming off the bench.

No Richardson was the only starter that graduated.

BigBobB

Looks like PB will betougher than I thought. Bad for Benton Ought to be interesting.

zebradynasty

Quote from: BigBobB on August 05, 2014, 04:05:50 pm
Looks like PB will betougher than I thought. Bad for Benton Ought to be interesting.

Also have two move ins from Chapel one girl is pretty tall don't know anything about the other.

Blindsided

What about Parkview and Hall girls?  Anybody know what they have?  They may have reloaded.  Benton, El Do, and Pine Bluff are no longer the big dogs in the league.

SNWA

Unless someone knows something that I don't, Hall returns all but one starter. Hall vs GW in first and last game of the season this year in my opinion.

Quote from: SNWA on August 12, 2014, 01:12:30 pm
Unless someone knows something that I don't, Hall returns all but one starter. Hall vs GW in first and last game of the season this year in my opinion.

Hall lost two senior starters and then the big post player off the bench, but they will still be tough.  I am not sure how many seniors Parkview lost. 

think

Quote from: Blindsided on August 04, 2014, 01:36:11 pm
With the addition of LR Hall and LR Parkview, the South will be much different than the last 2 years.  What's your predictions on order of finish?  My picks are below:

Boys

LR Parkview
El Dorado
Benton
LR Hall
Pine Bluff
Sheridan
Lake Hamilton
Texarkana

Girls

LR Parkview
El Dorado
LR Hall
Pine Bluff
Benton
Lake Hamilton
Sheridan
Texarkana

Boys

El Dorado boys at #2? Didn't they lose the Cunningham kid. He was by far their best player on a team that finished last in conference last year. I know they have the 2 young bigs but I've only been mildly impressed with one of them. I think Parkview, Hall, Pine Bluff, and Benton will be the top 4 but not sure what order.

urban legend2

Quote from: 141571671 on August 15, 2014, 10:28:40 am
Quote from: SNWA on August 12, 2014, 01:12:30 pm

Hall lost two senior starters and then the big post player off the bench, but they will still be tough.  I am not sure how many seniors Parkview lost.

Parkview lost just one senior if I remember correctly (Chrystal Holloway). They were very young and will be fairly young next year as well. But from what I can tell, Howard gets everything she can out of them. Hall should be decent as well, needs some size. I do see this being a competitive league. PB I think has a good nucleus coming back and may be the favorite.

Blindsided

After reading all these posts, I'll change my picks to:

Girls

Benton
LR Parkview
Pine Bluff
LR Hall
El Dorado
Sheridan
Lake Hamilton
Texarkana

BigBobB

Quote from: Blindsided on August 18, 2014, 03:48:33 pm
After reading all these posts, I'll change my picks to:

Girls

Benton
LR Parkview
Pine Bluff
LR Hall
El Dorado
Sheridan
Lake Hamilton
Texarkana
I have to agree with Benton at the top. They're returning all but one from last year's team. Burchfield is bigger and stronger than last season and has worked all during the off season. At 6'3", she probably the biggest player in the 6A South. Davis played with a very talented San Antonio AAU team this summer and has. Vastly improved at point guard. Of course Chumley, Landreth, Dintleman, and Brazzel remain solid and active in volleyball. We'll have to see how they match up with these ther teams this season, but I think the scales tip in Benton's favor. At least, let's hope they do.

Blindsided

It's hard to say about the girls.  With Parkview and Hall, you never know who has come and gone.  And the other South teams haven't made much noise lately at State.  Greenwood will be choice #1 until someone knocks them off.  After that.......who knows?  Benton had a good team last year, but a couple of their "best players" didn't show up in the semis against Searcy.  Reynolds and Chumley played well, but no one else did.  Burchfield is 6'3, but can she give them a consistent stat line each night?  Pine Bluff has a solid team with a couple of good transfers.  El Dorado is loaded with athletes.  Siloam is supposed to be real good also.   It'll be neat to see if anyone can unseat GW.

SNWA

Slow down Blindsided....that would not be neat at all. Hoping for another coast through the play-offs one more year. GW top 7 being wined and dined by several schools right now. That means squat record wise but means quite a bit talent wise. Looking for another fun year . A lot of great talent in this league.

Blindsided

GW will coast again, unless someone like Siloam, Parkview, or Benton has a killer night against them.  If everyone plays well, GW will win another championship.

BigBobB

Quote from: Blindsided on September 22, 2014, 01:15:20 pm
It's hard to say about the girls.  With Parkview and Hall, you never know who has come and gone.  And the other South teams haven't made much noise lately at State.  Greenwood will be choice #1 until someone knocks them off.  After that.......who knows?  Benton had a good team last year, but a couple of their "best players" didn't show up in the semis against Searcy.  Reynolds and Chumley played well, but no one else did.  Burchfield is 6'3, but can she give them a consistent stat line each night?  Pine Bluff has a solid team with a couple of good transfers.  El Dorado is loaded with athletes.  Siloam is supposed to be real good also.   It'll be neat to see if anyone can unseat GWm

Burchfield was a Sophomore last year who transferred into a new program. She led her former team (Southwest Christian) to a state championship a year earlier by scoring 19 points and 17 rebounds against a very talented team. Granted, it was a smaller conference but there is still a load of talent in that conference. She transferred to Benton in order to play in a bigger conference and play for Jerry Chumley (not to mention it's 3 blocks down the road from her house). She's made the transition very well and I think she'll be a significant part of Benton's game plan. I think we'll see a very consistent, tough player in Burchfield this year. She's a year older and a year stronger.

Basketball14

With Hall girls losing 2 important starters, their guards will have to step up even more. Rakia Lane is a great player for Hall and is committed to UCA. Shakyla Hill is the point Guard, she's an extremely talented facilitator who can break any type of ball pressure. Definitely one of the top guards in the state.

itsslim

Yak

Sheridan boys were pretty good last year when I saw them in a few games. Do they have a lot of starters back? I also got to see El Dorado girls once....they had a post player that was unstoppable. If she is back, El Dorado should be in the mix.

SNWA

That post player is gone.....she was stoppable by the way

Burks

Keep a eye on Pine Bluff boys. Former UCA Coach Clarence Finley took over the program this summer. 4 starters back from last year but still in football.

Burks

Quote from: Blindsided on August 04, 2014, 01:36:11 pm

Boys

LR Parkview
El Dorado
Benton
LR Hall
Pine Bluff
Sheridan
Lake Hamilton
Texarkana

Girls

LR Parkview
El Dorado
LR Hall
Pine Bluff
Benton
Lake Hamilton
Sheridan
Texarkana

Burks

PB should finish second. #2 for El Dorado is little too high, lost their best player from last year

Yak

Quote from: SNWA on November 19, 2014, 03:32:09 pm
That post player is gone.....she was stoppable by the way

Okokok. Can't argue there. But she was good.

SouthPa

Now that the regular season is over, and a more comprehensible look at most teams, here are my predictions for the South Girls:

1.  LR Hall...........proven they can play/beat anyone in state with their speed.
  2.  Pine Bluff........returnees/transfers blending in nicely with each other.
  3.  El Dorado.......improving each week; as athletic as anyone in South.
  4.  LR Parkview...even without big girl, can beat you with athleticism/tradition.
  5.  Benton...........their best player quit, but they play hard and smart most nights.
  6.  Sheridan........need more than just Cooper to move up this list.
  7.  Lake Hamilton..one dimensional right now with Murray carrying the load.
  8.  Texarkana.....struggling to find the right chemistry, but Watson is a good coach.

Blindsided

Quote from: SouthPa on January 03, 2015, 08:45:04 am
Now that the regular season is over, and a more comprehensible look at most teams, here are my predictions for the South Girls:

1.  LR Hall...........proven they can play/beat anyone in state with their speed.
  2.  Pine Bluff........returnees/transfers blending in nicely with each other.
  3.  El Dorado.......improving each week; as athletic as anyone in South.
  4.  LR Parkview...even without big girl, can beat you with athleticism/tradition.
  5.  Benton...........their best player quit, but they play hard and smart most nights.
  6.  Sheridan........need more than just Cooper to move up this list.
  7.  Lake Hamilton..one dimensional right now with Murray carrying the load.
  8.  Texarkana.....struggling to find the right chemistry, but Watson is a good coach.
Did I hear correctly that LR Hall lost one of their best players?  If so, that's Parkview, Benton, and Hall all losing good players.  This league may have gotten tighter. 

Mike Love

Blindsided

Got the scoop last night at the game.  Benton girls have had a tough month.  They got off to a good start (6-1), but then their best player (Landeth) quit the team just before the break.  They were already without another starter (Dintleman) with a foot injury, then their all-state point guard (Chumley) got mono and missed several games.  They did get Dintleman and Chumley back last night but I don't think either of them have practiced much.  Dintleman wasn't much of a factor against Bryant, but Chumley played pretty good.  They have lost like 6 games in a row since all this happened.  They played very hard last night but could not score.  Bryant beat them by about 10. 

SNWA

How good is Bryant? We open up with them Friday night at home.

think

Quote from: SNWA on January 07, 2015, 03:03:56 pm

Boys or Girls?

SNWA

SouthPa

Bryant has really good guards, but no post play.  They spread you out and drive the ball or kick out for threes.  They got to the line a lot against Benton and basically won the game there. 

SNWA

This will be the 1st time for us to face them. With the defense that we play it will be hard to spread us out. Homecoming night so hopefully we stay prepared.

admorris24

Landreth is a huge loss for Benton.  A 10-14 pt a game scorer, good rebounder, and not afraid to mix it up.  They will struggle to replace her scoring and experience.  Getting Dintleman back will help.  She can pick up some of the scoring that they lost in Landreth.  I also think they have lost another girl to a torn ACL.

Blindsided

Didn't hear about the ACL injury.  Was it a starter?  I did see a girl sitting on the bench in street clothes, but I'm not sure if she plays or not. 
Dintleman is very athletic but she didn't look full speed to me.  She did not start and really never was a factor.  She got into foul trouble really quick.  #20 played really well for Benton.  They need Burchfield, at 6'3, to be more dominant.  She didn't look to use her size against the smaller Bryant team.

admorris24

I think Bella slaughter is the one with the bad ACL, but I dont think she started.  Brazell is #20.  She looks very athletic and seems to be more defensive minded, but with the loss of Landreth may need to pick up her offensive game.  I have not seen them play this year, but thought going into the year with everything that they had coming back  that they should contend for state title, but without Landreth that will be a stretch.  The also have to get productions from Skyler Davis their PG.  I think she was 1-7 against Bryant.  As she goes, so does Benton bc it frees Chumley up for perimeter shots.  I definitely agree on Burchfield.  She should be 10-12pts a night and atleast 7-8 rbs

SouthPa

Landreth quit the team right before the break, and Benton has yet to win without her.  Its sad because she is a good player, but I think her and Coach Chumley butted heads more often then not, and it sounds like he and the team grew tired of it.  Not sure what set it off this time, but I don't think the rest of the team is upset about it.  She never really bought in to coaching and the teammate stuff.  I agree, they are more of a contender with her, but it is what it is now.  Chumley brought fundamentals and discipline to a once doormat of a program.  They'll be tough as long as he's there and they all buy in.

DogsWin7

Quote from: SNWA on January 07, 2015, 04:03:19 pm
This will be the 1st time for us to face them. With the defense that we play it will be hard to spread us out. Homecoming night so hopefully we stay prepared.
you ready??   :)   Take lots of pics!   Go G!

SNWA

hope we are....im sure we will post a lot of pics on FB.

zebrafan

January 09, 2015, 06:15:29 pm #43 Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 12:32:40 pm by zebrafan
Girls

PB 59
Tex 30

Final

Boys

PB 57
Tex 39

SNWA

Halftime.   Greenwood girls up 30 on Bryant

BHS1989

Quote from: SNWA on January 07, 2015, 03:03:56 pm
You stop #10 on the girls team and you'll beat Bryant

SouthPa

Game #2 in Conference Play......................Post all scores here!!

My picks tonight:  Boys winners.....Parkview, Benton, El Do, and Lake Hamilton.
                           Girls winners.....Parkview, Hall, El Do, and Lake Hamilton.

SouthPa

After 2 games in the South:

Boys

Parkview..........2-0.....Looks to coast to South Title.
El Dorado.........2-0.....Great win over Hall to start campaign.
Lake Hamilton...2-0.....Feeding on bottom of league so far.
LR Hall.............1-1.....Big road win at Benton Tuesday.
Pine Bluff.........1-1......Reality set in after Parkview loss?
Benton............0-2......Tough start with PV/Hall back to back.
Sheridan..........0-2......Down from last year's team.
Texarkana........0-2......Hasn't made recent noise in South.

Girls

LR Hall...........2-0.......Escaped OT at Benton Tuesday.
LR Parkview....2-0.......Narrow win vs. PB.  Need post play.
Pine Bluff........1-1.......Eckerman having a good year.
El Dorado.......1-1.......Got on the board Tue. at Sheridan.
Sheridan........1-1........Welcomes Hall tomorrow night.
Lake Hamilton.1-1.......Need more than just Murray.
Benton...........0-2.......Played #1 and #2 tough.
Texarkana......0-2.......Will prob be staying home in March.

Friday's pick:
                          Boys.....Parkview, El Dorado, Lake Hamilton, Hall
                          Girls.....Parkview, El Dorado, Pine Bluff, Hall

SouthPa

Girls:

Pine Bluff by 7 over Lake Hamilton

Benton beat El Dorado....31-20.

SouthPa

Been out for a while, but here is the latest update for the South Girls:

1.  LR Hall..........7-0.........Looking like they'll be the 1 seed for the South.
  2.  El Dorado......5-2.........Four wins in a row since the home loss to Benton.
  3.  LR Parkview...5-2........Gave Hall all they wanted Friday night.
  4.  Benton..........4-3........Getting things together, but have to go to Hall next.
  5.  Pine Bluff.......3-4........Back to back losses have the Fillies dropping.
  6.  Sheridan........3-4........Up and down so far in league play.
  7.  Lake Hamilton.1-6.......Looking like they'll be on the outside looking in.
  8.  Texarkana......0-7.......Lady Razorbacks just haven't had much talent lately.

With the bracket set up the way it is, if Hall and Greenwood win their conferences, they'll meet in
the semi-finals.  Looks like the other side of the bracket will be up for grabs.  Any thoughts? 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas