• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1st Arkansas Bail Bonds Tournament at Mt. Home

Started by bulldog42, December 11, 2014, 08:01:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog42

Here is the schedule for the 1st Arkansas Bail Bonds Tournament at Mt Home.  Just 1 3A team, I know there is as thread for this in the Killer Crossover section, but wanted to post for the 3A for discussion.

Boys:
http://bombers.k12.ar.us/hs/documents/1stArkansasBailBonds-BoysBracket.pdf
Girls:
http://bombers.k12.ar.us/hs/documents/1stArkansasBailBonds-GirlsBracket.pdf

HawgDaddy

Mtn. Home must have trouble getting enough teams.  I noticed Lead Hill girls are in the tournament.  Not sure they have many wins this year over 1A competition.  If I'm Fayetteville's coach, I'm hacked that I'm not getting 3 good games in that thing.

bulldog42

Quote from: HawgDaddy on December 11, 2014, 08:47:49 am
Mtn. Home must have trouble getting enough teams.  I noticed Lead Hill girls are in the tournament.  Not sure they have many wins this year over 1A competition.  If I'm Fayetteville's coach, I'm hacked that I'm not getting 3 good games in that thing.
My understanding is that someone dropped out at the last minute.

Hogfan167

Anybody know how good the Flipping girls are? I think they have a pretty good record.

Bergman1820

Quote from: Hogfan167 on December 11, 2014, 11:45:05 am
Anybody know how good the Flipping girls are? I think they have a pretty good record.

Maybe good vs 1A competition, but not good vs teams above that. Bergman beat them by 21. Pa will barely break a sweat.

Googlymoogly

Flippin girls are in it because the Flippin boys wanted in. Lead Hill was a last minute replacement. I forgot who dropped out once the school year started, but this tournament featured the NLR, Rogers and Paragould girls teams the last few years.
And it's not like they went to Lead Hill first and asked them to be in it, they asked numerous teams but most everyone else was already in a tournament at that same time. Fayetteville girls will get plenty of good games when the conference season starts

HawgDaddy

Mtn. Home's JV team would be a better competitor in the tournament.  I can see Flippin girls in it, I'm ok with that.  Why even call Lead Hill when someone dropped late?  Put your JV team in their and get them some minutes.  I will personally guarantee the last 7 girls on Mtn. Home's roster would compete far better than a 1A team with 1 or 2 wins.

I'm dead serious when i say this but Lead Hill may not score a basket against FV

Mississippi King

When you have 3 girls teams that are not even average in Classes 1A-4A and one of those maybe the worst in Class 1A, this doesn't bode well for getting top quality higher classification teams to come back to this tournament in the future. These teams expect quality competition or they could go elsewhere.  There will be some really awful games to watch with each of these teams playing 3 games.

Basketballfan13

The first round will be awful to watch but I think everything will be ok after that. The bad teams will be happy because the next two games should be competitive. The good teams will have two competitive games to end with, and the home team should end up 2-1 winning the consolation side if they can beat flippin.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Mississippi King on December 14, 2014, 05:06:37 pm
When you have 3 girls teams that are not even average in Classes 1A-4A and one of those maybe the worst in Class 1A, this doesn't bode well for getting top quality higher classification teams to come back to this tournament in the future. These teams expect quality competition or they could go elsewhere.  There will be some really awful games to watch with each of these teams playing 3 games.

They are not the worst team in Class A. Not even close. But they've got no business being matched up with Fayetteville.  If they are helping MH fill a last minute tourney spot they have a nice way of showing appreciation.

Grishawg

Quote from: HawgDaddy on December 12, 2014, 08:41:55 am
Mtn. Home's JV team would be a better competitor in the tournament.  I can see Flippin girls in it, I'm ok with that.  Why even call Lead Hill when someone dropped late?  Put your JV team in their and get them some minutes.  I will personally guarantee the last 7 girls on Mtn. Home's roster would compete far better than a 1A team with 1 or 2 wins.

Because that counts towards your varsity tournament allotment. If your JV plays a tournament, scratch one from your varsity.

Eagle20

That is false info.  Your JV team has its own schedule.  It does not count against your varsity games .

bulldog42

This tournament begins today as well as several others in the area, should be some good games at least tomorrow should be.  Anyway can't think of a better way to spend a cold day that watching some basketball. 

bulldog42

bulldog42

Flippin wins 43 to 34 looks like they will play Fayetteville tomorrow.   

Mississippi King

Fayetteville 90 Lead Hill girls 29.  What a barnburner!

bulldog42

Here are the scores from yesterdays games:

Girls
Paragould 48 Highland 23
Fayetteville 90 Lead Hill 29
Pulaski Academy 56 Flippin 31
Greenwood 56 Mountain Home 24

Boys
Flippin 43 Paragould 34
Fayetteville 68 Marianna 43
Greene County Tech 52 Norfork 43
Mountian Home 64 Green Wood 36

Today's games starting at 10 am
consolation bracket:
Marianna vs Paragould boys 10am
Lead Hill vs Highland girls 11:30am
Greenwood vs Norfork boys 1pm
Mt Home vs Flippin girls 2:30 pm
Championship bracket
Fayetteville vs Flippin boys 4pm
Fayetteville vs Paragould girls 5:30
Mt Homve vs GCT boys at 7
Greenwood vs Pulaski Academy Girls at 8:30

Brian G

Quote from: Eagle20 on December 16, 2014, 02:45:32 am
That is false info.  Your JV team has its own schedule.  It does not count against your varsity games .
Dead wrong.  IF they play other varsity teams, it counts.  8:00 quarter games count.

bulldog42

Flippin led 11-10 after 1
Fayetteville leads 32 to 19 at half

bulldog42

Fayetteville led 44 to 31 after 3 and won 65 to 39.  Flippin was down 18 with 2 to go when the coaches started subbing

bulldog42

December 30, 2014, 10:27:52 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 09:35:55 am by bulldog42
Here are the results from today and schedule for Wednesday
Girls
Highland 60 Lead Hill 40
My Home 50 Flippin 25
Fayetteville 63 Paragould 49
Greenwood 66 Pulaski Academy 49

Boys
Greenwood 57 Norfork 44
Paragould 70 Marianna (Lee County) 56
Mt Home 61 GCT 38
Fayetteville 65 Flippin 39

Games for 12/31
7th place
Girls Flippin vs Lead Hill 9am
Boys Norfork vs Marianna (Lee County) 10:15am
5th place
Girls Mt Home vs Highland 11:30 am
Boys Greenwood vs Paragould 12:45 pm
3rd place
Girls Paragould vs Pulaski Academy 2:00 pm
Boys Flippin vs Green County Tech 3:15 pm
Championship
Girls Fayetteville vs Greenwood 4:30 pm
Boys Fayetteville vs Mt Home 5:15 pm

Grishawg

Quote from: Eagle20 on December 16, 2014, 02:45:32 am

Trust me. I know this by heart.

Rule 6. INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENTS A. Number of Invitational Tournaments.
1. A member school may participate in two (2) invitational basketball tournaments.
2. Invitational tournaments may be played from the beginning of basketball season (week #16 for non-
football schools and week #19 for football schools) through week #34.
3. A junior boys team, senior boys team, junior girls team, or senior girls team is permitted two
tournaments each. (Example: If a JV team enters a tournament, this counts as one of the allowable
tournaments.)

4. County tournaments are defined as invitational tournaments.
5. Schools may enter a third invitational basketball tournament if the following conditions are met:
a. Three games are excluded from a non-football school's maximum number of regular scheduled games. (28 - 3 = 25)
b. Two games are excluded from a football school's maximum number of regular scheduled games. (20 - 2 = 18)
6. Middle schools that have a separate AAA membership may play in one tournament that does not count against the total number of allowable tournaments for a junior high.
No middle school athlete may compete in more than three total tournaments including junior high and middle school.

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/2014-15_AAA_Handbook.pdf

bulldog42

hawgsroll

Hogfan167

Colt

bulldog42

bulldog42

Here are all the finals from today:
Girls seventh-place game: Flippin 50, Lead Hill 19
Boys seventh-place game: Norfork 71, Marianna 59
Girls fifth-place game: Mountain Home 53, Highland 24
Boys fifth-place game: Paragould 58, Greenwood 42