• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A Girls Basketball

Started by WPWells, December 06, 2014, 05:26:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

So far it looks like Greenland and Valley and probably Genoa are the favorites. Who else?

NEA Razorback olfan

Greenland looked good tonight, just went cold in 2nd half vs Har Ber , z

Hooperfan23

Harding academy will be decent too

TheTruth2010

Clara Allen

Lamar girls are on a mission.  Lost their first game of the season at the hands of a decent Scranton team on a last second shot.   They will be salty come conference time

Basketballfan13

I know Harding will have a stud, but how will they be overall? How about Genoa and Centerpoint in the South?

NEA Razorback olfan

If Greenland plays a complete game as good as they played vs Har Ber at GCT , led 43-29 at the half, they can beat any 3A team , good guards and size inside and around 10 deep. Can light it up from 3 , prolly had around 8-10 the first half. Very well coached , they will be a tough out.

Basketballfan13

Greenland and valley springs are top two right now in my book. Ive seen Lamar and Paris both are good and could make a run.

Googlymoogly

I have seen the Valley Springs girls more than any other 3A team, and Bergman a few times as well. I have seen Greenland just once but that was all I needed to see to call them the best 3A team in the state. The Lady Pirates have height, guards and depth. And Greenland plays the toughest nonconference schedule of any of the 3A teams in the state. 

Hooperfan23

They are good but I believe valleys best basketball is ahead of them, they will only get better and better as their key players get healthier

Bergman1820

Quote from: Hooperfan23 on December 07, 2014, 10:49:47 pm
They are good but I believe valleys best basketball is ahead of them, they will only get better and better as their key players get healthier

I agree they will continue to improve. I am hoping Bergman was as good as they looked against Valley Springs Friday night. I would like to see both teams make it to the State Tournament this season.

voodoo fastpitch

Quote from: vstigerz on December 07, 2014, 11:39:38 pm
Quote from: Hooperfan23 on December 07, 2014, 10:49:47 pm

I agree they will continue to improve. I am hoping Bergman was as good as they looked against Valley Springs Friday night. I would like to see both teams make it to the State Tournament this season.
all of these teams mentioned will get better as they go deeper in their season. IMO it's the team who plays consist and peaks at the right time. The team with mental toughness late in the season and  stays on their mission of a state championship without distractions of bad calling and a possible off night will play for the title.. Any stout team can be beat on any given night by a last place team in their Confrence. I have seen valley get beat and Lamar get beat and have seen Paris play, have not seen Greenland, but plan on it. Lamar and valley are the 2 best I have seen so far out of those 3. Playing tough non Confrence is good if injuries don't occur before Confrence begins. It's early. What is greenlands record btw. I have seen teams that should roll through their season on paper by size and states and played teams that should lose on paper by their stats and just the opposite happened.. Mid January will start telling the story on who is going to be going deep in their season. It should be a very exciting season.

WFFAN74

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 06, 2014, 05:26:01 pm
So far it looks like Greenland and Valley and probably Genoa are the favorites. Who else?

West Fork girls don't look too bad, could be a rough road, but I think they may have a shot at state. They have a group of sophomore's that are very good and could lead the team to state.

Paperman

No one in the 3A-3 will be  a threat this season. Rebuilding year for almost all of the heavyweights. Corning could be the best team coming out of this 6 team conference.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Paperman on December 10, 2014, 05:02:06 pm
No one in the 3A-3 will be  a threat this season. Rebuilding year for almost all of the heavyweights. Corning could be the best team coming out of this 6 team conference.

Corning should make it to state but I would be surprised if they won a game at state

voodoo fastpitch

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on December 10, 2014, 05:47:55 pm

Corning should make it to state but I would be surprised if they won a game at state
Lamar Lady Warriors Dominated Lincolin Tonight 51/26 play Scranton in finals of Logan county holiday classic.

Basketballfan13

That's a good win fr Lamar, I bet they are eager for a rematch against Scranton.

voodoo fastpitch

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on December 10, 2014, 10:37:55 pm
That's a good win fr Lamar, I bet they are eager for a rematch against Scranton.
I would say just a bit eager ;)

Basketballfan13

Scranton isn't bad this year, probably bottom end top 10 in 1A, I watched that game and Lamar got lazy and didnt make a shot second half. I would pick Lamar to win by 15isj

voodoo fastpitch

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on December 10, 2014, 10:58:29 pm
Scranton isn't bad this year, probably bottom end top 10 in 1A, I watched that game and Lamar got lazy and didnt make a shot second half. I would pick Lamar to win by 15isj
you are correct and you throw in a couple really bad missed calls and Scranton capitalized on it. Lamar came back last night after their 1st defeat that scranton gave them and was back on track.. I hate losing but I have always said you have to fail at times to succeed. They were back to business and I do believe they had a wake up call and nice to see they learned from it. Good job coach Schluterman and Lady warriors.  Scranton is a never let up scrappy good team. It will be a good game..but Lamar has the over all better talent on the floor and on the bench ready to come in. It will take all them Saturday.

hogfan32

How are the Genoa girls? Can anyone give me a scouting report on them?

El Jefe

Quote from: hogfan32 on January 09, 2015, 08:23:42 am
No threat to win it. Very good, but no threat.

HawgBall06

Will be watching them up close tonight against Cossatot River, should be a good matchup from having seen Genoa once earlier this year.

sportsfreak12

[/quote 

HawgBall06

Quote from: HawgBall06 on January 09, 2015, 04:42:36 pm

Will be watching them up close tonight against Cossatot River, should be a good matchup from having seen Genoa once earlier this year.

Genoa has a pretty good team, nice size inside and good, but not great 3 point shooting.  Cossatot won by 3 to go to 21-7 (2-0) on the season and they take on Acorn for the CR tourney championship Saturday night.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas