• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A All-Star Team

Started by Pastureboy21, December 03, 2014, 11:46:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

neds

Harding Ac. is the sleeper at this point. I feel they are being over looked by most everyone. Coach Francis is one of the best in the state and they will make noise come Feb.
They usually start slow due to football play-offs , but got an early start this year.

bobcats

Quote from: neds on December 08, 2014, 06:31:51 pm
Quote from: Eagle20 on December 08, 2014, 05:04:59 pm
Freeman is not the best offensive player in the state.  Many players can say "when I feel it, I am the best".  I have seen him shoot his team out of games.  He is their third best point guard also.  Still a really good player though just a testament to the talent of his teammates.

Eagle we have disagreed on opinions and posts before , but this is accurate in my opinion. Taking nothing away from Freeman , he just has a really good cast of guards around him. They, ECS , will have a couple more this year to add to that depth. Their D pressure should be scary, I would suggest 7A good in that department.

Martin is the key ingredient to the ECS success.  Freeman used to lose his cool on the court, has he gotten that under control?

neds

Much improved, both football and basketball. He is young , even for his grade, so time was his friend. I predict you will see a big stride in that area this year.
I really think he will emerge as a real leader for them this year.

WPWells

Sounds like both of last year's state finalists are even better this year

Littlejohnfan65

Something I always thought would be fun to see is Conference all stars vs other Conference all stars.  My team from the 3A-4 would look something like this.  Haven't seen everyone play this year though.

PG - Daniel McCarley Lamar
G -  Jay Trusty Danville
F -  Matthew Ward Charleston
F -  Brandon Fenner Paris
C -  Andrew Smith Charleston

neds

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 08, 2014, 07:38:11 pm
Sounds like both of last year's state finalists are even better this year

We'll see how that works out

neds

Quote from: Littlejohnfan65 on December 08, 2014, 09:24:48 pm
Something I always thought would be fun to see is Conference all stars vs other Conference all stars.  My team from the 3A-4 would look something like this.  Haven't seen everyone play this year though.

PG - Daniel McCarley Lamar
G -  Jay Trusty Danville
F -  Matthew Ward Charleston
F -  Brandon Fenner Paris
C -  Andrew Smith Charleston

The closest thing to this that I have seen is at the end of the season in Little Rock. They do a east/west (all star game - seniors only) type game including all classes between the area schools. Pretty neat to see 3A players vs 7A and all in between.

BigMan15

That would be fun to watch

Paperman

Austin Reeves from Cedar Ridge is the best I've seen so far this year.
I remember most of those ECS kids from the win over Rivercrest in Charleston last March. All good players.
Marquez Chew is the arguably the best in conference 3A-3.
Osceola's Tevin James is a player. Mark Thomas (6-6 forward) is really good. Another post player Darian Gilmore (6-5) is good. Seminoles have solid guards this season, lack of guard play hurt them last season. Coach Frankie Gathen believes his team could be right there come March.
It really hurts not getting to see kids from the southwest and south until the post-season. Teams from NW Arkansas are always solid.

Pastureboy21

Quote from: Eagle20 on December 08, 2014, 05:04:59 pm
Freeman is not the best offensive player in the state.  Many players can say "when I feel it, I am the best".  I have seen him shoot his team out of games.  He is their third best point guard also.  Still a really good player though just a testament to the talent of his teammates.
And which games are you referring to?

WPWells

Here's how I see the top 5 ranked:

1. Matthew Ward
2. Austin Reaves
3. Mahlon Martin
4. Kelvin Robinson (when he's healthy)
5. Allie Freeman

Lrbasketballguru

Having seen everybody but Reaves and the Osceola kids play, I believe the 3 best players in 3a are the ECS guards. IMO. I've seen these guys go toe to toe with the some of the best in the state numerous times. The massive amount of talent overshadows the individual talent of the stars on that team. One again, just my opinion.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas