• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ECS

Started by RTF, July 23, 2014, 11:46:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RTF

lol.. ECS wil repeat

jr17

If Robinson leaving rumor is true then it might not be such a SURE thing

RTF

True. If he leaves then I think they could lose in tourney. But again, I don't see much challenging them.

cdelaney

Quote from: jr17 on July 23, 2014, 02:10:17 pm
Haven't heard anything from anyone at ECS that suggests he is leaving. Don't know where or how you heard the rumor, and obviously don't know if it is true. May not know until school starts I guess. But I would be surprised if he leaves this year.

neds

July 24, 2014, 01:53:23 pm #4 Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 01:56:04 pm by neds
Quote from: jr17 on July 23, 2014, 02:10:17 pm

3A Basketball / Re: Top 10 for 2014
« on: June 10, 2014, 08:37:00 pm »
Have a heard the rumor that Jerry Perry from Mayflower is moving to Texas. Hope that isn't true

Or the rumor may be as accurate as the above

jr17

Well the thing about Perry was that he was moving to southwest prep. When I heard this I figured SW prep in Dallas. That was pre knowledge of the school being opened in LR. The point wasn't where he was moving. It was that he was
moving at all.

Eagle20

Ned's what's the word on Kelvin? 

BigMan15

I agree ecs will be hard to beat the next two years unless kelvin leaves. If kelvin is gone this year they would still be favored to win.

North Face

Who is the best guard at ECS? Robinson, Martin, Freeman?

BigMan15

I would say freeman

cdelaney

Quote from: BigMan15 on July 26, 2014, 12:38:38 am
I would say freeman
Not close:   1)Martin  2)Robinson  3)Freeman
They could lose Robinson or Freeman (not both) and still be the best in 3A. If they lose Martin, not so much

Eagle20

I agree ^^^^^^^

North Face

I agree cdelaney. Martin is the best all around and most consistent guard. I would take any three of them though.

jr17

Cdelaney
Best way to put it. +10000

neds

Quote from: Eagle20 on July 24, 2014, 08:11:29 pm
Ned's what's the word on Kelvin?

I can't claim any inside knowledge , but Kelvin's dad is an education first guy. It would shock me to see him leave for any school as I think ECS is the best education in the state.
His dad has been known to hold him out of basketball if other more important priorities were not meeting his standards.

North Face

Where did this rumor of Robinson leaving come from?

jr17

I heard it just around the rumor mill at an AAU tournament I was attending. I brought it too you boys trying to see if it had any truth to it.  I suppose it doesn't.

cdelaney

Quote from: jr17 on July 26, 2014, 04:12:24 pm
I heard it just around the rumor mill at an AAU tournament I was attending. I brought it too you boys trying to see if it had any truth to it.  I suppose it doesn't.
I have no inside knowledge either way. I guess we won't know for sure until school starts in about 3 weeks. I doubt he leaves but these days you never know

cdelaney

Quote from: cdelaney on July 26, 2014, 07:48:49 pm
Quote from: jr17 on July 26, 2014, 04:12:24 pm
I have no inside knowledge either way. I guess we won't know for sure until school starts in about 3 weeks. I doubt he leaves but these days you never know
Kelvin has definitely returned to ECS- school started this past Wed and he is there.

BigMan15

i didnt figure he would

WildcatGrandpa13

I think a 2-peat is definitely in the works.

BigMan15

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on August 17, 2014, 05:37:15 pm
I think a 2-peat is definitely in the works.
the only way they will lose would be injury and if they beat themselves....nobody in 3A is good enough to beat them this year

centralarfan

neds

So ECS is 2 - 2 coming out of the Jammin for Jackets tournament.
They have beaten Jessieville in conf play and LR Central in tournament play (65-49) before losing to Parkview 55 - 51 and then to McClellan (76 - 74) in OT yesterday.
This is pretty much where they sat last year at this same point. I would say that this team is better. It is deeper and more seasoned than last year.
They play Perryville on Fri. night , there.
Having a full week of practice this week should help the football players get into basketball shape. The biggest issue for them currently is FG % , FT % and endurance. All cured with time and practice.
They leave for Nashville for a Christmas tournament that begins on the 29th. More on that tomorrow.

WPWells

Keep it coming. It's going to be fun seeing just how good these top teams in the 3A are this year. Last year the only game Charleston lost after getting their football players back was ECS, and ECS didn't lose to any 3A teams all season. I can't wait for basketball!

BigMan15

Didnt ctown lose to siloam springs wuth football players last year..

WPWells

Was that with football? I thought that they sat out that game because it was over the break and they didn't start playing until after the break. I'm probably wrong though

jr17

I'm ready to watch this ECS team. We've talked about how they brought back everyone, plus the guy that was ineligible last year because of transfer rules. And didn't they have a pretty good Jr high point guard last year? Remember him having big games when they played mayflower in Jr high

neds

December 15, 2014, 08:26:20 am #28 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 08:50:36 am by neds
Jr I don't know the young guard you mention by name , but he is a good player and played quite a bit against LR Central this past week. The addition of two more guards gives ECS the ability to press more when needed. Below is some info on the tournament they are playing in during Christmas break.
My goal in posting this is to share info, I hope others do the same for their teams. 

Christ Presbyterian Academy will host the inaugural Next Level Hoops Fest on Dec. 29-31, which will feature eight of the top high school basketball programs in the country.

In addition to CPA, led by five-star forward Braxton Blackwell and standout eighth-grader Tyger Campbell, tournament participants include Mitchell High School (Tenn.), Mountain Brook High School (Ala.), University High School (La.), Episcopal Collegiate School (Ark.), Norcross High School (Ga.), Mentor High School (Ohio) and Ballard High School (Ky.).
The eight tournament participants have won a combined 32 state championships, including eight in the past two seasons.

University High School, the reigning Louisiana state champs, is led by junior guard Skylar Mays, a four-star prospect according to 247Sports, while Norcross High School has three former players playing in the NBA: Jodie Meeks (Detroit Pistons), Al-Farouq Aminu (Dallas Mavericks) and Jeremy Lamb (Oklahoma City Thunder).

Mitchell High School in Memphis is the defending Class A state champion.

CPA's first-round opponent, Cleveland-area Mentor High School, features 6-10 junior center Micah Potter, who has received eight Division I scholarship offers.

The three-day tournament, presented by Knight Eady Sports Group, CPA and the CPA Basketball Alumni Group, will feature a winners and consolation bracket.

First-round matchups, which will be played on Dec. 29, include:

3 p.m. – Ballard (Ky.) vs. Norcross (Ga.)

4:30 p.m. – University (La.) vs. Mitchell (Tenn.)

6 p.m. – Mountain Brook (Ala.) vs. Episcopal (Ark.)

7:30 p.m. – Christ Presbyterian Academy (Tenn.) vs. Mentor (Ohio)

doubled

Did ECS have a kid get injured?  I heard something but didn't know if it's true or not.

neds

December 15, 2014, 08:48:46 am #30 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 08:51:07 am by neds
Kelvin Robinson was injured on Thur. night , sat out of the Parkview game on Fri. due to injury , but played on Sat. Not sure of his status this week , etc

Radiotalker

Quote from: neds on December 15, 2014, 08:48:46 am
Kelvin Robinson was injured on Thur. night , sat out of the Parkview game on Fri. due to injury , but played on Sat. Not sure of his status this week , etc

Quick healer from a broken leg

cdelaney

Quote from: jr17 on December 15, 2014, 07:18:58 am
I'm ready to watch this ECS team. We've talked about how they brought back everyone, plus the guy that was ineligible last year because of transfer rules. And didn't they have a pretty good Jr high point guard last year? Remember him having big games when they played mayflower in Jr high
The 2 new guards add depth and quickness but so far no one has stepped up to replace Pollock as a solid all around player who can score in paint and from 3 pt. Inside game is better and deeper with Gooseberrys and Becton as backup. When Freeman and Robinson get their bball legs and shooting back the team will be better than last year. Their losses to Parkview and McClellan could have gone either way despite lots of missed open looks and layups. NLR looked pretty unbeatable though.

doubled

Quote from: cdelaney on December 15, 2014, 09:01:58 am
Quote from: jr17 on December 15, 2014, 07:18:58 am
The 2 new guards add depth and quickness but so far no one has stepped up to replace Pollock as a solid all around player who can score in paint and from 3 pt. Inside game is better and deeper with Gooseberrys and Becton as backup. When Freeman and Robinson get their bball legs and shooting back the team will be better than last year. Their losses to Parkview and McClellan could have gone either way despite lots of missed open looks and layups. NLR looked pretty unbeatable though.
I'm a cedar fan but I think that ECS is #1 until someone beats them and I don't mean in the regular season either.

neds

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 15, 2014, 08:52:15 am

Always good not to assume things

think

Not to get too much into the top player discussion, but I believe Robinson is the best player for ECS. Martin gets a lot well deserved pub, but he is the benefactor of Robinson and Freeman's ability to penetrate. Robinson can score in a variety of ways. He's not as good of shooter as Martin and Freeman, but he's serviceable outside. Freeman, while talented, has a lot of risk/reward. He's a little more inconsistent on offense, but he's there best on ball defender. Justin Gooseberry is probably the most underrated on the team. He and his brother are a handful down low and Justin can handle the ball better than people think. He helps a lot in press break.

They really have the key pieces and will be tough to beat again in 3A. Wish them luck in Nashville.

Radiotalker

Quote from: neds on December 15, 2014, 10:35:15 am
Quote from: Radiotalker on December 15, 2014, 08:52:15 am

Always good not to assume things

who assumed?

cdelaney

Quote from: think on December 15, 2014, 10:57:24 am
Not to get too much into the top player discussion, but I believe Robinson is the best player for ECS. Martin gets a lot well deserved pub, but he is the benefactor of Robinson and Freeman's ability to penetrate. Robinson can score in a variety of ways. He's not as good of shooter as Martin and Freeman, but he's serviceable outside. Freeman, while talented, has a lot of risk/reward. He's a little more inconsistent on offense, but he's there best on ball defender. Justin Gooseberry is probably the most underrated on the team. He and his brother are a handful down low and Justin can handle the ball better than people think. He helps a lot in press break.

They really have the key pieces and will be tough to beat again in 3A. Wish them luck in Nashville.
I don't know if you saw ECS at the Jackets tournament, but I thought the same thing as you about Robinson. He is so strong and quick to the basket. I think he and Martin are 1 and 1a this year, and if his outside shot gets going (or shot selection improves) he may indeed pass him. Obviously they all help each other since you can't really focus on one player. Martin's big plus is ability to do what it takes to win a tough game.

jr17

I haven't been following 3A basketball very long. But could this be one of the better teams in 3A history? Purely asking because like I said, haven't been following 3A very long

Lrbasketballguru

Quote from: jr17 on December 15, 2014, 08:51:46 pm
I haven't been following 3A basketball very long. But could this be one of the better teams in 3A history? Purely asking because like I said, haven't been following 3A very long
+1, because I've been thinking the same thing. Where does this team rank among the other best 3a teams of all time?

neds

While this is no doubt a really good team with potential to be special , to say 'one of the greatest' is unfair. At least this early in the season. They have a .500 record, yes they played much bigger classes, but if you are in an elite class in history you win those games.
I defer to guys with more history than me. Earle and some of the teams in that area have had some very special teams through time, not sure I can compare any of that to today's ECS team.

think

I'm not too familiar with 3a either but you have to think they are in consideration. As for them winning games against upper divisions, I don't know that you can hold that against them. There's one thing playing up in division and another for playing NLR (last year), Parkview, McClellan, etc. Those teams are tops in their classification and they played those teams neck and neck. That's an impressive feat. Especially considering they have 4 starters who had 1 week of practice due to football.

I'm more familiar with 6a/7a teams and have been really impressed with ECS. They obviously can compete with anyone.

I'd really like to see Charleston play to compare the two. Anyone know where they are playing over the Christmas break?.

WPWells

Coke Classic in Fort Smith

cdelaney

Quote from: jr17 on December 15, 2014, 08:51:46 pm
I would say not now but ask at the end of the season. They have many games to go and a lot to prove.

Rebel82

Will ECS games at Nashville TN tournament be on livestream ?

Lrbasketballguru

The game should be streamed at this link.  Www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/Christ-Presbyterian-academy-Nashville-tn
The school is streaming the games.

Lrbasketballguru

Never mind, just figured out you have to have an account for this site to watch. If you want to do that, go for it, although I don't know if it's free.

neds

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on December 29, 2014, 03:09:32 pm
Never mind, just figured out you have to have an account for this site to watch. If you want to do that, go for it, although I don't know if it's free.

This site has score updates , by day.

https://usatodayhss.com/2014/cpa-to-host-next-level-hoop-fest-dec-2931

neds

ECS comes home this weekend and takes two games from 5A opponents @LRCA tournament.

Certainly the trip to Nashville will pay off as the season goes on. Playing top teams from around the country in much bigger classes can only help this team improve.
They play BHG in their first home game of the season on Tues. night, return to conference play on Friday night @Mayflower and then host 2A power and former 3A power Earle on Jan. 13th.

This weekend was a good one for them (70-41 over HS Lakeside and 70-53 over LR Christian both played @LRCA) with wins over bigger schools.

North Face

Any idea where Robinson Martin and Freeman will play college ball? Who is looking at them?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas