• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Manila Lions

Started by Head Lion, September 02, 2017, 08:50:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

7th boys
Manila 28
Brookland 35
F

Good game to watch

NEA Razorback olfan

Jr boys
Manila 25
Brookland 10
H

NEA Razorback olfan

Jr Boys
Manila 42
Brookland 46
F

Great game, hate it ended with Tech fouls on Manila.
#3 26pts.. For the Lions,  awesome game for this talented young man!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Manila 4
Brookland 15
After 1qtr

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

After 3
Manila 14
Brookland 31

RedWolf275

14 points isn't very many in 3 quarters!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Ctucker

That must have been another one of them throw back games from the 70s.

Donnie Jamon

Brookland keeps the ball from you. Manila coach made some dumb calls out there tonight. Was surprised. Thought he was better than that. The hack a Shaq in the 3rd q?  Really?  Brookland has some shooters. Oh well. We will take that 18 piece.

Baller_34

Well have u watched them much??? He's lucky he has a lot of talent. You watch them play and you can tell he dont know much about offense. Sounds like it was a pillow fight lol.

501Arkansas

Will they be ready for osceola on the 5th?

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland had a solid game plan vs a very talented Lions team, and executed it very well toinght.

ISU7

RedWolf275

Quote from: Ctucker on December 01, 2017, 09:52:47 pm
That must have been another one of them throw back games from the 70s.

Now that's funny!!

Head Lion

Lions got our tails handed to us, Congrats to the Bearcats.

BoxNOne

Head Lion I see a Wagner on the Manila jr boys team putting up some big numbers. Who is his dad?

Head Lion

Tommy, Dr Wagner. The guy that hit like 9-3s against Bay in 1994 to help Chip win his 2nd title.

BoxNOne

That's what I thought. You are right, Manila beating Bay was key in BIC state run. Bay had beaten BIC badly 3-4 times I think. Obviously the Wagner genes are carrying on!

Head Lion

Lions sweep the boys 3A3 district tournaments this year.👍🏼

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Head Lion on February 18, 2018, 08:46:37 pm
Lions sweep the boys 3A3 district tournaments this year.👍🏼

Congrats, HL!!!
Brookland did well this year taking Jr boys and Girls District titles at Pokey
Sr. girls took District vs Pokey and boys got Runner up vs Westside.
Future is bright for the Bearcats!!

biglion1985

Olfan congrats to Brookland

Head Lion

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 18, 2018, 11:24:03 pm
Congrats, HL!!!
Brookland did well this year taking Jr boys and Girls District titles at Pokey
Sr. girls took District vs Pokey and boys got Runner up vs Westside.
Future is bright for the Bearcats!!
Ive got a lot of friends in the Red & Black, congrats.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: biglion1985 on February 19, 2018, 01:09:02 am
Olfan congrats to Brookland

Thank you sir, congrats to the Lions on District Championship!!

NEA Razorback olfan

February 19, 2018, 09:54:18 am #74 Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 09:59:47 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Head Lion on February 19, 2018, 07:07:05 am
Ive got a lot of friends in the Red & Black, congrats.

Manila has some wonderful people , when I was in the Guard we worked the Tornados that went trough there years some years ago,  it was awful. The people were super nice when I was there.
My son played with Jorganson last Fall on travel baseball team. Great Kid and player!!
Good luck to the Lions in Regionals!!

RedWolf275

Is Manila now looking for both a boys and girls coach?

dalemurphy

Why would they be looking for boys coach?  I haven't heard of Leon Wimberly going anywhere.

Informant

biglion1985

Coach Wimberley isn't going anywhere

thebigtiger

Big Lion are you sure about that?  Heard he may be looking at heading to LR area?  Very good coach and lots of talent coming up I'm told.  If he did leave who would be on Manila's radar for a coach?  Any ideas?

TheGovernor

LOL... bigtiger... u crack me up

Informant

Wimberley is staying at Manila.  A few said he applied at Star City.  I don't see that being true even a little.  That move just wouldn't be logical in my opinion.  Manila would have their pick of whoever they wanted.  Talent, great fan base, new high school. 

I have heard they are hiring him an assistant?  Anyone know if this is true.  He had as many coaches on staff this year has Bay has had in the past.

RedWolf275

Quote from: Informant on April 25, 2018, 09:49:34 am
Wimberley is staying at Manila.  A few said he applied at Star City.  I don't see that being true even a little.  That move just wouldn't be logical in my opinion.  Manila would have their pick of whoever they wanted.  Talent, great fan base, new high school. 

I have heard they are hiring him an assistant?  Anyone know if this is true.  He had as many coaches on staff this year has Bay has had in the past.

His kids live in the Star City neck of the woods I've heard.

Informant

TheGovernor

Why in the world would he apply at Star City if his kids go to searcy?

biglion1985

Bigtiger I have heard that rumor also and by the way he has said things I just don't believe he is going anywhere but I guess anything is possible though wouldn't blame him if he did leave for his kids though even though he will be dearly missed

Informant

Wimberley never applied for that job.  Regardless, Johnny Taylor was said to have gotten the gig. 

RedWolf275

Has Manila hired a girls coach yet?

Head Lion

Quote from: RedWolf275 on May 16, 2018, 07:22:03 am
Has Manila hired a girls coach yet?
Board will interview all finalist next Monday or Tuesday?

biglion1985

Just seen they hired Alexandra Hart I think her name is. Does anyone know anything about her?

baller334

I heard Hoffman from Riverside wanted the job so why would they hire her????

biglion1985

I have no clue I don't know anything about her

Head Lion

Quote from: biglion1985 on May 28, 2018, 06:22:46 pm
I have no clue I don't know anything about her
Heard today new coach isn't starting until July 9th?

cotton hog

Quote from: baller334 on May 28, 2018, 06:19:21 pm
I heard Hoffman from Riverside wanted the job so why would they hire her????
Hoffman wanted the job after he ran 6-8 girls off. Don't know the backstory, but it sure does seem to be a pattern with him

baller334

So they lost 6-8 Sr Girls for next year?

cotton hog

That was the story. I know they had a meeting after the fact with administration, but I don't know who, if any went back.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: cotton hog on May 29, 2018, 10:35:14 pm
Hoffman wanted the job after he ran 6-8 girls off. Don't know the backstory, but it sure does seem to be a pattern with him
I think he also has a pattern of working kids hard and winning. Kids and parents are soft nowadays and have trouble with that whole work thing. I haven't seen Coach Hart coach but it looks like she has some patterns too. She was at 4 different colleges while in school, 1 year with a minor league program playing, 1 year at cbc as a boys assistant, 1 year at cbc as a boys assistant, 2 years at Pine Bluff before being reassigned. Just like in Coach Hoffman's case I'm sure both have their own reasons why they move around or don't work out at a certain location. I'm sure she's going to a great job or Manila wouldn't have hired her, but instead of getting on here and talking down a local coach who has a history of winning and hard work you should just set back and let the new hire prove why she was the right person for the job. Sounds to me like everyone at Manila is already making her job a lot more difficult before she ever gets started.

cotton hog

Not trying to run down Hoffman at all, I just don't know that he was any better fit than Coach Hart. I recognize Hoffman's winning record. How Coach Hart does is still to be seen. No one knows at this point. The girls are excited and ready to get to work. Not everyone at Manila is making her job more difficult, just a few loud ones

RedWolf275

May 31, 2018, 04:28:26 pm #98 Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 09:59:52 am by RedWolf275
Quote from: cotton hog on May 30, 2018, 10:58:00 am
That was the story. I know they had a meeting after the fact with administration, but I don't know who, if any went back.
[/quote

Riverside got 2 of the 7 back. One a rising sophomore and one a rising senior who was probably the biggest contributor of the ones who quit.

Head Lion

Lions 3-0 at PA camp with wins over Guy, Catholic & Mt Home.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas