• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

clarendon basketball 2018

Started by da greatest bigbaby, November 12, 2018, 06:43:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ctucker

MomaLion

Bomberman

Congrats to Clarendon beating Farmington today. They look like a really good well disciplined  team.

MomaLion

Lions win 61-58... dang that was a good game!!!
Thanks Bomber  :)

da greatest bigbaby

MomaLion

Halftime
Lions 34
Mountain Home 26

Bomberman

Quote from: MomaLion on December 29, 2018, 06:16:08 pm
Halftime
Lions 34
Mountain Home 26
Good game so far,  Clarendon is shooting the lights out.

MomaLion

Final
Clarendon 51
Mountain Home 62
Yes,  it was a very good game. Congrats Bomberman.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on December 29, 2018, 07:30:28 pm
Final
Clarendon 51
Mountain Home 62
Yes,  it was a very good game. Congrats Bomberman.

Good tournament for Clarendon

MomaLion

Thank you.  It was a good experience for us getting to play teams that we don't normally get to play.  We know the run n gun basketball but we are trying to broaden our experience and get more of the disciplined teams that have been our weakness in the past. 

MomaLion

I saw my Lions grow as a team over the weekend and I feel like they are better prepared to face the post season.  Friday night will be a good test against Marked Tree.

MomaLion

I hope everyone is headed to Clarendon to watch my Lions take on Marked Tree who has only one loss this season.  Both teams looking for some payback after last year...Marked Tree lost their undefeated season when the Lions beat them in their own gym and then Marked Tree eliminated Clarendon from the state tournament in the semifinals.
It should be a very rowdy game and one you definitely don't want to miss.

MomaLion

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2018] Clarendon (AR) 21, [2018] Marked Tree (AR) 20

da greatest bigbaby

Cheek

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on January 04, 2019, 03:06:24 pm
Go lions whip marked tree

Great win against Marked Tree.  With this win and the tournament win, Clarendon should be ranked in the D/G top 6.

birddawg1986

Was a good W for Clarendon. Neither team played like a top 10 team. Besides Cartwright showing out it was a really bad game to watch.Man I haven't been in a gym that small since Luxora & Tyronza played basketball. Once again if you can win all your conference home games and split on the road you have a chance to be 1st. You better be ready to play every night in 2A-6.

RedWolf275

Very tough for sure on the boys side.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on January 05, 2019, 08:37:43 am
Great win against Marked Tree.  With this win and the tournament win, Clarendon should be ranked in the D/G top 6.
We didn't win the tournament,  was runner up to Mountain Home... but thanks. They've worked so hard.

MomaLion

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 05, 2019, 09:01:25 am
Was a good W for Clarendon. Neither team played like a top 10 team. Besides Cartwright showing out it was a really bad game to watch.Man I haven't been in a gym that small since Luxora & Tyronza played basketball. Once again if you can win all your conference home games and split on the road you have a chance to be 1st. You better be ready to play every night in 2A-6.
I disagree. My Lions were totally prepared for Marked Tree and executed great defense.
As for the gym,  it's a great environment but we will have the new multi million $ gym open in about a year.

da greatest bigbaby

January 05, 2019, 11:33:03 am #319 Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 08:24:22 am by da greatest bigbaby
Birddawg we just whip'd yaw like it wasn't nothing yaw were play'n yaw heart out were just that much better 22-8 @ the half wasn't a fluke over no. 1 marked tree  lol we just had 2 have it every 1 knows Clarendon is the best in 2a an were finally roll'n now just got a young team only 3 srs Malik ,Rodd an this other guy were gonna destroy yaw in district also easy game Dogg pitbull  yaw an earle also an I told yaw we wasn't gonna spot any 1 20 points anymore soo good luck lol  yaw get ready Clarendon 2a state champs an the bdawg as for our lil old gym that yaw were rushing out of lasnite by halftime anyways Shame on yaw you had a good seat don't blame it on  our gym  lol  were building a new multi mill state of the art gym it will be ready by next hoop season

MomaLion

One game at a time. We aren't looking ahead to state,  we're growing and adapting as a team.

FoxandHound34

Great win for the Red Lions, looks like a pretty favorable schedule the next few weeks for Clarendon. Go to EPC, Barton and Lee twice all winnable games

HorseFeathers

Seen on Twitter that Cartwright had 35pts/25reb/15blk in that game....

FoxandHound34

Good gracious that's a monster game

MomaLion

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 05, 2019, 10:34:11 pm
Seen on Twitter that Cartwright had 35pts/25reb/15blk in that game....
He played the absolute best I've ever seen. He had Marked Tree rattled and with the man to man defense,  they only got off a few shots from the 3. They were ready and executed well.

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on January 05, 2019, 10:12:41 am
I disagree. My Lions were totally prepared for Marked Tree and executed great defense.
As for the gym,  it's a great environment but we will have the new multi million $ gym open in about a year.
. Sounds like Cartwright is getting it together! And Birddog you know better when Clarendon wins they done ever thing according to plan and when they win it was their fault, it's not ever what the other team did!lol

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on January 06, 2019, 08:04:46 am
. Sounds like Cartwright is getting it together! And Birddog you know better when Clarendon wins they done ever thing according to plan and when they win it was their fault, it's not ever what the other team did!lol
You gripe no matter what we say lol. But yes,  if Malik continues playing this aggressive,  exciting times are coming. Also,  every player was playing hard and contributed to the win. Our defense was outstanding.

Ctucker

I'm not griping! Just pointing out fact! Y'all have a good I've said it all along but I figure Birddawg knows his team better than you do! I think they have a win over a team y'all lost too so maybe they didn't play very good I don't know but Birddawg thinks so!

Cheek

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on January 05, 2019, 08:50:44 pm
Great win for the Red Lions, looks like a pretty favorable schedule the next few weeks for Clarendon. Go to EPC, Barton and Lee twice all winnable games

They should be able to win out their regular season schedule with their only tough game left being England.   

MomaLion

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on January 06, 2019, 08:36:25 am
I'm not griping! Just pointing out fact! Y'all have a good I've said it all along but I figure Birddawg knows his team better than you do! I think they have a win over a team y'all lost too so maybe they didn't play very good I don't know but Birddawg thinks so!
But you usually gripe when I say that we played poorly. Make up your mind.

Ctucker

The super six is out 1 Earle at 9-5 2 Clarendon at 9-5 3 lavaca 13-4 4 WCC 15-6 5 Marked Tree 10-2 6 England at 12-4

Ctucker

January 06, 2019, 11:08:18 am #332 Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 11:17:36 am by Ctucker
Quote from: MomaLion on January 06, 2019, 10:42:49 am
But you usually gripe when I say that we played poorly. Make up your mind.
Because only time you say it is when you lose! And you never give other team credit but it don't matter heck sorry I even said anything!

birddawg1986

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on January 05, 2019, 11:33:03 am
Birddawg we just whip'd yaw like it wasn't nothing yaw were play'n yaw heart out were just that much better 22-8 @ the half wasn't a fluke over no. 1 marked tree  lol we just had 2 have it every 1 knows Clarendon is the best in 2a an were finally roll'n now just got a young team only 3 srs Malik ,Rodd an this other guy were gonna destroy yaw in district also easy game Dogg pitbull  yaw an earle also an I told yaw we wasn't gonna spot any 1 20 points anymore soo good luck lol  yaw get ready Clarendon 2a state champs an the bdawg as for our lil old gym that yaw were rushing out of lasnite by halftime anyways Shame on yaw you had a good seat don't blame it on  our gym  lol  were building a new multi mill state of the art gym it will be ready by next hoop season
You guys were better on this night or Cartwright was.Your other guys did man up, and play hard nose defense.  Any of 8 teams can make it to Hot Springs. Earle is still the favorite no doubt. As long as Cartwright can play the whole game then Clarendon will be good. If he gets in foul trouble then they will have issue. Not knocking your gym, I like the 50 year old gyms. Not many around anymore.

birddawg1986

Quote from: Ctucker on January 06, 2019, 08:04:46 am
Marked Tree got took behind the shed for sure. I'm sure most of these kids were on the team last season when they lost in the semifinals of state, and have had this game circled for a long time. Marked Tree is good but still searching with 3 new starters, and two of them didn't attend school hear last year. Same thing last season MT was ready for Earle in both regular season games, and won both but in the end Earle got the ring.

birddawg1986

Quote from: MomaLion on January 06, 2019, 10:40:26 am
And possibly Barton.
I think Barton will be the sleeper team come district tourney time.

MomaLion

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 06, 2019, 11:35:52 am
Not knocking your gym, I like the 50 year old gyms. Not many around anymore.
I love the old gyms but we need more seating. When our peewee teams play it's as full as a Friday night game lol. I believe our peewee program will take over the old gym after the new one is complete.

MomaLion

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 06, 2019, 11:42:45 am
I think Barton will be the sleeper team come district tourney time.
That player they got from Marianna makes them a team not to be taken lightly.

MomaLion

My Mighty Lions host Augusta tonight starting at 4pm...all 4 teams are playing.

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on January 06, 2019, 10:58:12 am
The super six is out 1 Earle at 9-5 2 Clarendon at 9-5 3 lavaca 13-4 4 WCC 15-6 5 Marked Tree 10-2 6 England at 12-4
I am curious as to why Marked Tree is at #5.  They are the current state runner up and are 10-2.  Honestly, I thought they'd be about #2 even after we beat them.  Do they account for strength of schedule?

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on January 07, 2019, 12:36:56 am
I am curious as to why Marked Tree is at #5.  They are the current state runner up and are 10-2.  Honestly, I thought they'd be about #2 even after we beat them.  Do they account for strength of schedule?
. I have no ideal what they go by if it was me it would be 1Earle 2claredon 3 Marked Tree 4 England 5 WCC 6 Probally Quitman. That's just my opinion it means nothing!

Ctucker

But they don't do much research for sure because they do not have Tuckerman in top 6 in 3a.

Cheek

Quote from: Ctucker on January 07, 2019, 07:47:11 am
But they don't do much research for sure because they do not have Tuckerman in top 6 in 3a.

That is crazy.  I thought they would be at number two.

Cheek

Quote from: Ctucker on January 07, 2019, 07:45:02 am
. I have no ideal what they go by if it was me it would be 1Earle 2claredon 3 Marked Tree 4 England 5 WCC 6 Probally Quitman. That's just my opinion it means nothing!

I do not see how England was number 6 when they beat Clarendon and have not lost to a 2A team this year.   Losses are to Perryville, Lonoke, Bald Knob and 1A  Wonderview.

Ctucker

Quote from: Cheek on January 07, 2019, 10:20:27 am
I do not see how England was number 6 when they beat Clarendon and have not lost to a 2A team this year.   Losses are to Perryville, Lonoke, Bald Knob and 1A  Wonderview.
Good point! We only lost to 1 2a school Earle by 1 and lost to Bald Knolb by 2! Also lost by 2 to second ranked 1a school Dermott by 2 in overtime in a game we lead by 14 in second half. We ginda have it away but they took it so congrats to them!

da greatest bigbaby

MomaLion

Clarendon won all 4 games Monday against Augusta...Sr boys won 63-36, Sr Girls won 46-35...and both Jr teams won.
Up next we travel to EPC Friday.

Ctucker

Quote from: Cheek on January 07, 2019, 10:17:41 am

That is crazy.  I thought they would be at number two.
. Yes it is! And I thought in top 3 for sure!

da greatest bigbaby

bdubyab60

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas