• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 playoff locations.

Started by Buck183, November 09, 2017, 02:33:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck183

Haven't seen anything published by AAA yet showing who is hosting the playoffs.  Seems like we normally know something by now.

Does anyone know if your school put a bid in to host the playoffs?  Has anyone heard anything semi official yet for the different divisions?

razorback

Haven't heard anything, but I am hoping for a central location this year.  Nothing against Batesville last year in 4A, but I would prefer to sleep in my own bed this year after each round.  Maybe some Little Rock team will get the bid and we can go back to Burns.  Dare to dream!

Buck183

Quote from: razorback on November 09, 2017, 02:43:52 pm
Haven't heard anything, but I am hoping for a central location this year.  Nothing against Batesville last year in 4A, but I would prefer to sleep in my own bed this year after each round.  Maybe some Little Rock team will get the bid and we can go back to Burns.  Dare to dream!

Would definitely be nice.  In my opinion, anything in state is a home game when it comes to soccer.  I can't remember ever playing soccer and not driving 8 hours or more for a game and staying for the weekend.  School ball tends to spoil me given what we're used to. 

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: Buck183 on November 09, 2017, 02:33:29 pm
Haven't seen anything published by AAA yet showing who is hosting the playoffs.  Seems like we normally know something by now.

Does anyone know if your school put a bid in to host the playoffs?  Has anyone heard anything semi official yet for the different divisions?
Those aren't determined by the AAA until January.

sevenof400

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on November 10, 2017, 10:10:38 am
Those aren't determined by the AAA until January.

That is what I recall as well.

SportsDad

Warren has enough fields to host the state tourney now...
There has been talk about possibly hosting, but I am not sure if it will actually happen. If they put a bid in to host, I am sure that they will get it based on how the AAA typically awards the tournaments.

razorback

Anybody know who is putting in a state bid?  I'm sure the AAA will be meeting in the next couple of weeks to decide who is hosting in each classification. 

Colt

VHSCoach2

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on January 09, 2018, 11:18:35 am
Oh, joy.

I would assume it would go to Batesville by default if Harrison is already for sure hosting 5a.

The Coach

Quote from: ArkansasSportsFan on January 09, 2018, 11:57:29 am
I would assume it would go to Batesville by default if Harrison is already for sure hosting 5a.

Prolly a same assumption

Colt

Possibly not. Harrison was also the only bid for baseball/softball. Would they possibly put 5A baseball, softball, and soccer in the same place?

jimmyt

The Coach

Quote from: Colt on January 09, 2018, 12:27:13 pm
Possibly not. Harrison was also the only bid for baseball/softball. Would they possibly put 5A baseball, softball, and soccer in the same place?

Yes

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Colt on January 09, 2018, 12:27:13 pm

As long as AAA gets money, they honestly don't care where the tournaments are located.

Sir Alex

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on January 10, 2018, 11:01:06 am
As long as AAA gets money, they honestly don't care where the tournaments are located.

You realize the people making the decisions you call the AAA are not the guys sitting in the office in North Little Rock. They are your superintendents that make up the board.  I find it funny that people complain about where State tournaments are located but don't complain that their administration does not ever bid.  Hot Springs and Valley View both proved that cooperative hosting amongst multiple schools is possible. Wish there were more creative minds like theirs out there.

jimmyt

I have no problem where it is hosted. I was glad to see it in Harrison this year with the exception of some teams having to play on grass fields that hopefully aren't wet that time of year. I just think it will make it a little chaotic as far as hotels go since the baseball and softball will be playing the state tourney the same week.
Some schools would love to host but their admin refuses to put a bid in-citing not enough hotels close enough.
I think Harrison is smart for getting the bids because it brings revenue to Harrison and it lets their teams have home field advantage.
I just wish the locations would be different for different sports.

Colt

4A @ Batesville Southside
5A @ Harrison
6A @ Russellville
7A @ Rogers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas