• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cuckoobird

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 18, 2014, 11:48:31 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on February 18, 2014, 11:42:05 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 18, 2014, 11:40:50 pm
I have to say you both pretty well clinched the deal that I won't be going on a cruise ship!   I worry enough now.  Geez. 

Like I said, you can get many many more worse things walking around Walmart. TRUST me.

Oh I believe you!

I limit my trips to that joint to about twice a month.   I'm the germ-x queen!
you know those hand sanitizers aren't great for you either. They also kill good bacteria that we need to fight bad bacteria

True Believer

I was not a germaphobic until I took Microbiology.

(Warning when I used the spell check it changed germaphobic into another word.  I am hoping with I post it stays what I originally type....lol)

That did it for me.  Lord think of all the things we have to touch during the day.  And then think of everyone that is doing the same thing.

Ugh!   

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: True Believer on February 19, 2014, 09:18:11 pm
Lord think of all the things we have to touch during the day.  And then think of everyone that is doing the same thing.

oh hai

I'mma turn ur toilet into a rocket launch pad

Uncle Ivan

February 19, 2014, 11:34:33 pm #1603 Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 11:36:13 pm by Uncle Ivan
While looking at this, I ran across something called pathogen dolls.

These things are great.  http://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/

Uncle Ivan

They can cute up anything, can't they.

DogsWin7

They are like a rain of terror!

Gotta fight the wind today!   Wow!    But the temp is nice.  :)

True Believer

Holy moly.  I saw the wind take the back end of a car and lift it up today.  Didn't move it but picked that sucker straight up for a second and put it down.

I almost couldn't open my door to my car the wind was pushing it so hard.  And evidently a tornado warning went off right as Marion schools let out. 

Glad today is over.   I hate to even say this but I would rather have ice than tornadic activity.  Any day!

True Believer

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 19, 2014, 11:32:12 pm
Quote from: True Believer on February 19, 2014, 09:18:11 pm
Lord think of all the things we have to touch during the day.  And then think of everyone that is doing the same thing.

oh hai

I'mma turn ur toilet into a rocket launch pad

I use my elbows a lot.  And my foot when I can.   And carry the germx around but it does not kill C diff. 

cuckoobird

Wall cloud near Stuttgart last night. Good thing it was late afternoon and the temperature had dropped.

Breitontime

Quite the delimma; Drive the brand new truck, or ride the brand new motorcycle? It's been a nice week.

sevenof400

That's a cool pic, Cuckoobird.

cuckoobird

DogsWin7

Nice picture Cuckoobird.

The weather this weekend was absolutely beautiful.   Seems the weatherman has predicted the colder temps to return.....blah! :(

Lions84

70's last week back below frezzing by Wed of this week.

AirWarren

Just got off the ship about an hour ago. JUST TERRIBLE! Oh the disease, oh the sick. What a horrible experience. And the horrible Caribbean beaches!!!

[sarcasm]

Breitontime

Glad you had a good trip, AW.

They're saying a 30% chance of snow tonight in the River Valley. Currently in the mid 50's or so.

AirWarren

Thanks. We did. Sad to come back. I love Texas.

DogsWin7

Glad you had fun and didn't get sick!

23 Days Till Spring!!!

Breitontime

Seven days until Daytona Bike Week.

Unfortunately, I still have three bikes to finish building in that time.

DogsWin7

I bet that's fun!   You better hurry on those bikes....it's almost here! 

It was cold today.....again!!

AirWarren

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 25, 2014, 06:59:51 pm

23 Days Till Spring!!!

Already planning our next one!

DogsWin7

Quote from: AirWarren on February 26, 2014, 10:06:50 pm

23 Days Till Spring!!!

You are braver than I! Lol!     

Seriously though.....it's always great to spend time with your family and make memories.   Children are only little once.  :)      I bet you wish you could have stayed longer! 

AirWarren

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 26, 2014, 10:42:24 pm

23 Days Till Spring!!!

Seriously though.....it's always great to spend time with your family and make memories.   Children are only little once.  :)      I bet you wish you could have stayed longer! 

Well this one was a wife/hubby deal. We make sure to do two a vacations a year, one for us and one with the little one. Thinking about Pensacola this August.

I'm serious you should try it. It is some serious bang for your buck vacation wise. I was leary but I am a cruise addict now.

sevenof400

Quote from: AirWarren on February 26, 2014, 11:09:28 pm
Well this one was a wife/hubby deal. We make sure to do two a vacations a year, one for us and one with the little one. Thinking about Pensacola this August.

I'm serious you should try it. It is some serious bang for your buck vacation wise. I was leary but I am a cruise addict now.

AW,

If you haven't already done so, and if the budget cuts don't screw this up, have you ever checked out a Blue Angels practice session? 

Go Postal

Soccer started tonight for some schools.  Cold but manageable.  Last conference basketball games for some schools are tomorrow night.  Not sure on the rest of the State, but up here in the North central, it looks like 50% rain on tomorrow, Sunday is calling for freezing rain.  Hopefully it will be nice down in Alma for the basketball playoffs next week.

AirWarren

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 27, 2014, 07:34:57 am

AW,

If you haven't already done so, and if the budget cuts don't screw this up, have you ever checked out a Blue Angels practice session? 

AW,

AW,

I have not. But I always am intrigued by that base in that area. I think it would be phenomenal to see.

Breitontime

Seven days from mid 70's, and 220mph on the back straight at Daytona International Super Speedway.

Valleysports

Breitontime

KTM makes more than dirt bikes these days.

DogsWin7

Sleet, snow, sleet, snow.....hi oh hi ho!   Here we go!!!   

Jacketman65

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 26, 2014, 10:42:24 pm

23 Days Till Spring!!!

Try the Domican Republic, took this trip a few years ago and loved it.  Beaches every day all day and unbelievable water, and great drinks!  Cruises are great and will do another one as well but there is a sense of confinement once you have been to an island on an all inclusive trip.  Can't beat it!!!

True Believer

So I went and bought groceries today.

I'm ready for the big ice storm.

But because I went to the store and I'm fully prepared.

It won't happen.   This is my prediction.

DogsWin7

I hope your prediction is right!!

I can't take much more....of anything.

Valleysports

Look at the positive side - it will kill all the weeds, flowers, that popped up last week. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: True Believer on March 01, 2014, 09:02:01 pm

How many loaves of bread and gallons of milk did you buy?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: HF on March 01, 2014, 10:19:51 pmHow many loaves of bread and gallons of milk did you buy?

I bet people were hitting the liquor stores hard tonight.

Breitontime

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 02, 2014, 04:00:19 am
Quote from: HF on March 01, 2014, 10:19:51 pmHow many loaves of bread and gallons of milk did you buy?

I bet people were hitting the liquor stores hard tonight.
I'm stocked with Yuengling, but I picked a couple bottles of Crown up just in case.

Brian G

We are getting "thunder sleet".  It looks like I have about an inch+ of Sonic ice all over my yard.

Valleysports

Everyone remember what to do?

Open Cabinet Doors under sinks - so room air circulates.
Leave faucets trickling

Switch thermostat to Emergency Heat, during freezing icy conditions.  Switch back to Auto, after everything has thawed out.

Crush Pecan Shells or throw cat litter on steps and sidewalks.

Throw a tarp or something over car windshield.

Try to drive without using brakes.

Put sleeping bags, heavy coats, warm walking shoes in backseat of car.

bleudog

Ridge Rat

Sleet, freezing rain, thunder and lightning. Ground is good and covered.

HorseFeathers

Raining in russellville

sevenof400

Quote from: Valleysports on March 02, 2014, 11:29:34 am
Everyone remember what to do?

Open Cabinet Doors under sinks - so room air circulates.
Leave faucets trickling

Switch thermostat to Emergency Heat, during freezing icy conditions.  Switch back to Auto, after everything has thawed out.

Crush Pecan Shells or throw cat litter on steps and sidewalks.

Throw a tarp or something over car windshield.

Try to drive without using brakes.

Put sleeping bags, heavy coats, warm walking shoes in backseat of car.

Isn't that SOP in Arkansas?

Breitontime

Quote from: HF on March 02, 2014, 11:57:38 am
Raining in russellville
Looking at the radar earlier, it looked like it was going to stay North of us.  Flurries was what it showed.

True Believer

Quote from: HF on March 01, 2014, 10:19:51 pm
Quote from: True Believer on March 01, 2014, 09:02:01 pm

How many loaves of bread and gallons of milk did you buy?

LOL...I had bread but I needed milk.  Bought dog and cat food.  I'm cooking red beans and rice so I needed rice.  Was in and out in less than 30 minutes.  Went by Kroger but it was packed.  Went to Bill's Fresh Market and some sweet little Boy Scout's were asking for canned goods.  Bought some stuff for them.   

So far it's just cold here.  No ice.   Got 3 movies.  Just watched "Last Vegas".  I enjoyed it because it's about old people. 

Valleysports

Ask ricepig to send you some home movies!  ;D

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on March 02, 2014, 02:11:20 pm
Ask ricepig to send you some home movies!  ;D
I doubt she cares to see my kids, she has her own.

Brian G

We're told more sleet within the hour.  Pea Ridge has become the first to close school for Monday.  They won't be the last.  My car doors are frozen shut from the mixture.

AirWarren

Raining and 32 in Benton. It's coming.

Brian G

Elkins now closed.

This could be freezing rain and that would have been worse.  This sleet underneath is less of an impact.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas