• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Breitontime

Uncle Ivan

There are other drawbacks.

cuckoobird

Breitontime

Hurricane parties are a blast.

Besides, Tampa has never been directly hit. We just get killer waves to surf, and wind to kite surf.

DogsWin7

It's raining at my house.........upper 50's lower 60's predicted for next week.     

Lions84

Rain and Ice so far these past 5 days.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ridge Rat on December 12, 2013, 09:15:04 pm
We've had lots more snow than this over the years. I guess it was the ice too, I just don't know. At least eight barns that I know of are down, the canoe shed at BRO at Silver Hill collapsed and its not over five years old. Crazy winter this year.

It's like that from Tilly to Dennard area on 254 as well....

Ridge Rat

HF, did ya turn north and go up 65? I just got in from Little Rock and saw the old Fort T bar T store had lost the awning over the gas pumps. I didn't notice it both times I had passed it before, course once was 4:30 in the morning lol.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ridge Rat on December 13, 2013, 04:13:10 pm
HF, did ya turn north and go up 65? I just got in from Little Rock and saw the old Fort T bar T store had lost the awning over the gas pumps. I didn't notice it both times I had passed it before, course once was 4:30 in the morning lol.

Na it was my in-laws. They go to Leslie daily from Tilly...Sent my wife a few pics.

Ridge Rat

Apparently we weren't in that bad of shape. Every county that borders Searcy County and even those south of us were declared disaster areas but we weren't. I don't understand their criteria. I know Stone County and Van  Buren County didn't get hammered as bad as Searcy and Boone counties. Weird.

DogsWin7

The high today in Little Rock is around 46 with a predicted low of 29!   Bundle up for the game.....baby it's cold outside! :)

HorseFeathers

Supposed to be in the 60's by the end of the week....Mother Nature needs to make up her mind...

Ridge Rat

Yeah, and look at next weekend lol.

HorseFeathers

Highs in the 40's lows in the 30's and rain...rain...rain...rain  Or am I not looking far enough ahead?

Ridge Rat

Sunday chance of frozen mix. Mother Nature is definatly a female, can't make up her mind.

HorseFeathers

Weird....forecast I'm looking at doesn't say anything about precipitation for sunday...

Ridge Rat

That is weird, weatherbug was saying frozen mix at Marshall and Little Rock. Not now, just cooling off.

DogsWin7

The Weather Channel App seems to be more accurate to me but I have the weatherbug app also.

It says it only feels like 26 degs!     Please Hurry Spring!!!!

The NOAA Weather website offers a lot of interesting reading for those that like the weather:)

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Ridge Rat on December 14, 2013, 07:12:22 pm
Sunday chance of frozen mix. Mother Nature is definatly a female, can't make up her mind.

As well as insane.  It's a female.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 15, 2013, 06:26:57 am
Quote from: Ridge Rat on December 14, 2013, 07:12:22 pm

As well as insane.  It's a female.

Can't live with us, can't live without us. :)

The weather is supposed to be cold this time of year but today the temp was nice.   I try to soak up all the sunshine I can.

A recap on this year......hurricane season was considered mild for 2013.

Tornado season seemed really bad with all the major damage that occurred in certain states.   

Winter begins Saturday. 

Breitontime

Heard there was a chance of tornadoes in Arkansas this weekend.

Wonderful winter, from what I have experienced thus far.

True Believer

I am liking this weather.  But I do not want the tornadoes.  :(

DogsWin7

It's Cold and Wet today!!!     I need a beach, sun, sand and relaxation. 

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!   

sevenof400

Just think if this was cold enough to be snow....

True Believer

Don't even think that!!!

Jacketman65

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 21, 2013, 11:06:40 am
How I wish it would snow a foot for Christmas! :) :)

Ridge Rat

Bite your tongue!! We just had nearly a foot.

HorseFeathers

Rain Rain Go Away.....Like snow a lot better than Rain...At least with Snow I can warm back up while at work...With Rain I'm just miserable and soaked...

True Believer

No.  Snow.  Or.  Rain.

Sunshine!!!

Uncle Ivan

End of the road flooded pretty bad.  Was a foot and a half deep at its deepest point.  I turned around and found another way.

True Believer

You live in those low lands.   I live up on a ridge and it even flooded here. Some roads are closed.

Uncle Ivan

Not as low as some in the surrounding area, either (all of Jackson county coming to mind).  Flooded still the same.

Gonna venture out in a few to grab a Sunday paper and see if it's receded any.

DogsWin7

Don't get to close!  Seriously, be careful.   Flooding is dangerous.

Indiana Jones

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 21, 2013, 11:06:40 am
if that were the case yesterday   we would've gotten 3 feet  of snow
not sure how much rain fell yesterday but the drive to Little Rock yesterday was nasty

Valleysports

HorseFeathers

Was Snowing in Northern Pope County this morning....good dusting on the trees..but nothing stuck to the ground..

Breitontime

Another day in paradise. My season pass is up in a week or so, figured a sunny day in the 80's was as good as any to ride a few coasters.

They're testing a new one with crash dummies.

HorseFeathers

Oddly I'm not jealous of you.....Never thought I'd say that in December...but the 70 degree day a couple of days kind of sucked because of all the humidity that came in with it....

True Believer

I love Arkansas.  Other places are nice to visit but I always want to come home and even deal with the crazy weather.

DogsWin7

December 22, 2013, 07:31:02 pm #1339 Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 07:36:35 pm by DiehardFBfan
I love Arkansas too.  I have never been to the beach...so that is one reason I would like to go...but the main reason is for Sunshine and heat.     

I read that there were around 34 confirmed tornados in AR this year.   One is too many in my opinion. 

Cold tonight....got the electric blanket on now...drinking hot chocolate. 

sevenof400

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on December 22, 2013, 07:31:02 pm
I love Arkansas too.  I have never been to the beach...so that is one reason I would like to go...but the main reason is for Sunshine and heat.     

I read that there were around 34 confirmed tornados in AR this year.   One is too many in my opinion. 

Cold tonight....got the electric blanket on now...drinking hot chocolate.

You're sounding more like TB everyday Diehard!

DogsWin7

I'll take that as a compliment!  Thanks Seven!  :)

TB is nicer than I am though.   

True Believer

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on December 22, 2013, 08:14:09 pm

You are a sweetheart!   Seven we just like warm weather!!!   :)    Diehard, you do need to go to the beach!  It is so relaxing and beautiful!    We go every year!   Although we have a cabin that we go to in the Ozarks too and it's hard to beat that!  I love water and when it's hot that is the place to be!

But when it's cold what can I do?  Sit inside and be bored to tears!!!   Love to read but I can do that at the lake or beach!  You can hike when it's cold.  Don't hunt. 

I am an old tomboy who just has to be outside!!!  Sitting inside makes me sad!

Valleysports

Over the last few years, we've had a lot families visit while I've had a roaring fire going.  Some will just stare, then say they had forgotten how nice a real fireplace is (the beauty side of it anyway).  Two have unconverted their fireplaces back to real wood and loving it.  I think we also enjoy the wood cutting parties.  I love sitting by the fire, sipping a cup of Hot Chocolate, from the Keurig, while my clothes dry out from hunting.

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on December 23, 2013, 06:16:05 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on December 22, 2013, 08:14:09 pm

You are a sweetheart!   Seven we just like warm weather!!!   :)    Diehard, you do need to go to the beach!  It is so relaxing and beautiful!    We go every year!   Although we have a cabin that we go to in the Ozarks too and it's hard to beat that!  I love water and when it's hot that is the place to be!

But when it's cold what can I do?  Sit inside and be bored to tears!!!   Love to read but I can do that at the lake or beach!  You can hike when it's cold.  Don't hunt. 

I am an old tomboy who just has to be outside!!!  Sitting inside makes me sad!

Thanks TB :)

Sitting inside makes me very sad.    I have been a lake and pool lover all of my life.   I feel alive when I have sunshine.  It's hard to explain.   

Anyway.....87 days till the first day of spring!!!!!!   

True Believer

I love real wood fireplaces.  I love my Keurig.

But I LOVE warm weather.

HorseFeathers

Valley...bonfires are better..haha

Valleysports

Routinely have those as well HF.  Have a pile of tree's ready for one now. 

MHSPANTHERS

December 23, 2013, 08:51:24 pm #1348 Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 08:57:39 pm by MHSPANTHERS
Regarding the weather, this poster likes the seasons and always has even when growing up in Arkansas.  No question  about it, the Winters can be brutal in New England; yet, it is what we expect and one can adjust.  Snow boarding and skiing are awesome activities and a lot of fun.  The Fall is my favorite; it can't be beat here.

Having said all that, if you kind folks would be so kind as to say a few prayers for me and my son to make it safely out of Logan in Boston to the Little Rock airport in the early am tomorrow, it would be greatly appreciated. (some icing conditions exist)

True Believer

Prayers MHSP!!   Merry Christmas!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas