• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Too DANG HOT. Bring on the Fall and Winter temps!

Hoghead

The Heat Index low today will be 102 !

cuckoobird

my kind of weather. reminds me of my military days except I don't have to wear mopp gear in it. maybe thats why I don't mind the heat anymore. hmmm

ricepig

I'm hearing we may hit 90° today, I'll believe it when I see it.

Ridge Rat

Me and the family are headed to Yellowstone. Got up at five in the rain and are still in the rain just outside  Kansas City. Never in my life have I seen so much rain in July and August, but it is in the 70's here.

True Believer

Awwww.....Yellowstone!   Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!

Ridge Rat

First time for all of us. Camping two nights in Grand Tetons and then three in Yellowstone. Cannot wait!!

True Believer

Words can not describe it.  You  have to see it in person!

Valleysports

Ridge Rat do you have camping reservations?

Ridge Rat

Oh yeah, we got booked back in January.

Valleysports

Good deal - camp sites go fast towards evening and the Rangers bust people not on a designated camp site.  Also I don't think you need a fishing license to fish in the National Park.  Those trout streams are gorgeous and so inviting.  The Buffalo will be walking around you, be careful.  What a great trip for your family!

Ridge Rat

Thanks, been looking forward to this for a while. Wife loves Florida but I told her I wasn't going back to that place till we went west. Absolutely hate that country. I need rocks and hills and as few people as possible.

HorseFeathers

I've given up on my grass....When I finally get it mowed, it starts raining again, and my grass is knee deep the next morning...So I'm hoping it just dies.

seen 85 on the Thermometer on my Durango on the way home from work today....Got excited about being able to roll the window down and enjoy the "cool" air...

Quote from: Ridge Rat on August 09, 2013, 01:51:49 pm
Thanks, been looking forward to this for a while. Wife loves Florida but I told her I wasn't going back to that place till we went west. Absolutely hate that country. I need rocks and hills and as few people as possible.

The Few people as possible sounds like a great idea....friend of mine is going to Branson this weekend to "get away" from people....And I'm thinking the whole time he was talking about it, is Dude your going to go stand in line and be elbow to elbow with people all weekend in 100+ degree weather(If it's not raining)...that sounds like an amazingly terrible time...

Go Postal

It has been raining everyday up here in the north, looks like more coming.  I do want to mow the grass, between storms, but it is still too wet to cut.  How the Heck does people in Washington state (North American Rain Forest) do it?  Squatches? ;)

Go Postal

August 09, 2013, 08:59:15 pm #1064 Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 09:07:57 pm by Go Postal
It has been raining everyday up here in the north, looks like more coming.  I do want to mow the grass, between storms, but it is still too wet to cut.  How the Heck does people in Washington state (North American Rain Forest) do it?  Squatches? ;)

HorseFeathers

Well...Looks like my grass dying is out of the question for now...The Sky just opened up again...

Valleysports

Whoo Hoo!  Is anyone else getting excited about duck season?  The grass will go dormant in a month or two, go canoeing....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on August 09, 2013, 09:22:26 pm
Whoo Hoo!  Is anyone else getting excited about duck season?  The grass will go dormant in a month or two, go canoeing....

In my Yard?? Had a pretty nice stream down the drive way a couple minutes ago LoL

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 09, 2013, 09:22:26 pm

Way to early to get excited about duck season, settle down. Now, back in my "youth", I'd be excited about canoeing the Mulberry, Buffalo, or something like that,  I'm more a Spring/Current river float these days.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on August 10, 2013, 10:11:58 am
Way to early to get excited about duck season, settle down. Now, back in my "youth", I'd be excited about canoeing the Mulberry, Buffalo, or something like that,  I'm more a Spring/Current river float these days.

4 weeks is not too early when water is still standing in all the right places.  Actually it was perfect,  millet, corn, soybeans, rice, great growing season.   Won't have to do near as much flooding.

True Believer

Historic August for the upper Buffalo!   You can float and not drag your canoe!!

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 10, 2013, 10:55:38 am
Quote from: ricepig on August 10, 2013, 10:11:58 am

4 weeks is not too early when water is still standing in all the right places.  Actually it was perfect,  millet, corn, soybeans, rice, great growing season.   Won't have to do near as much flooding.

Ok, I thought we were talking about duck season, not teal. As far as flooding, I suspect it will quit and not rain again until Dec, seems to be the norm.

cuckoobird

Im always ready for duck season but after retreoving my deer cam this morning i cant wait for deer season now. Pics coming monday when i get back to my computier

beach bum

No crazy weather here in Florida right now  :)..... I am waiting for my lady to get off work on my day off to go to the beach. Great day here weather wise.

Valleysports

ha ha ricepig I knew what you were thinking - they might actually move teal season to Sept 1.  Yes it's just a teaser of a season, but it's something.  My swamp is holding water pretty well, that's what I'm liking.  Last year I was on dry land until Dec, then flooded out.

Cuckabird seems like there is a bumper crop on the deer.  I'm finishing several with soybean, corn, grain, & of course protein.  Have to do some WRP culling this year, been shootin that bow.

cuckoobird

This one is a monster. He will probably be gone when deer season comes around though

Valleysports

Looking forward to seeing a pic ...

beach bum

Talking to family however they say there has been a little extra rain back home this summer! I still miss the Ozarks & the perfectly aligned fields of crops in East Arkansas.

True Believer

It is raining here again.

We are now a tropical forest as someone else said on twitter.

My grass is so high a small dog could get lost in the yard. 

cuckoobird

Go Postal

Quote from: True Believer on August 11, 2013, 12:00:52 pm

Finally got a chance to cut grass.  Slow process when it is still wet.  I did find the neighbors kid's tricycle barely visible in the grass. ;D

Valleysports

OMG!  :o  It took me a while to figure out that right antler...

cuckoobird

That thing is nice! I took a pic from tv at camp so i could put the cam back out. Hope he hangs around for a while. Im still trying to figure out if its the same deer too. Hard to say for sure

Jacketman65

Looks to me like he will cost you some $$$ if you can kill him.  To put him on the wall that is. Good luck with that

cuckoobird

I hope i earn some by winning the BBC! Lol but thanks

DogsWin7

More rain today!  It's been awhile since I remember everything being this green in August!

That Poor Deer outta be a little bigger by Nov. :)

True Believer

Quote from: Go Postal on August 12, 2013, 08:22:14 am
Quote from: True Believer on August 11, 2013, 12:00:52 pm

Finally got a chance to cut grass.  Slow process when it is still wet.  I did find the neighbors kid's tricycle barely visible in the grass. ;D

It came several gully washes here today.  So still the grass grows. 

HorseFeathers

Just do like I've done guys...Give up on the grass. It's gonna die....someday haha. Mowed my parents yard a middle of last week. Pretty sure it was growing faster than I could cut it.

Valleysports

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 12, 2013, 12:24:00 pm
That thing is nice! I took a pic from tv at camp so i could put the cam back out. Hope he hangs around for a while. Im still trying to figure out if its the same deer too. Hard to say for sure

I think it is...  Get a video cam, borrow some high dollar camera's - this is serious business.

True Believer

Yes!   My yard was mowed today.  Now I need a hay baler.   

My neighbor is mowing his yard.  He obviously did not go through it and pick up stuff.  He's just running over it.  I hope no one misses  a child in the neighborhood because if it's in that grass, it's a goner.

Valleysports

Alright I'm bringing good weather back to Arkansas - 60 degrees was getting old.   :D

True Believer

Did I fall asleep for 2 months?   It feels like October outside!!

What a CRAZY SUMMER WEATHER for sure.  Never have I seen a summer like this.  Nope not complaining except for not great for getting in the lake!

DogsWin7

This weather is crazy for summer but I have to admit that I loved every minute of my run this morning!   

No iPhone, no app, no watch, nothing but me.   It felt Amazing! 

Now to make brownies for my favorite show tonight...Duck Dynasty!!!!   

ricepig

I've seen yards in town that look like the could be baled for hay, my yard guy hasn't been to my house in two weeks.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ricepig on August 14, 2013, 12:38:27 pm
I've seen yards in town that look like the could be baled for hay, my yard guy hasn't been to my house in two weeks.

I know around here that those professional guys don't bother working if it's still wet or calling for rain.....kinda defeats the purpose when it's raining like it has been here lately...

ricepig

Quote from: HF on August 14, 2013, 06:38:04 pm
Quote from: ricepig on August 14, 2013, 12:38:27 pm

I know around here that those professional guys don't bother working if it's still wet or calling for rain.....kinda defeats the purpose when it's raining like it has been here lately...

He did my neighbors, but left a few tracks on Monday, I suspect he'll be here tomorrow. They always leave it high so it looks lush, but they will have plenty of trips to the trailer to empty the clippings this week.

Indiana Jones

I can  detect a slight touch of fall

DogsWin7

Quote from: Indiana Jones on August 15, 2013, 02:33:29 pm
I can  detect a slight touch of fall

So can I and that means one thing too me.....FOOTBALL!!!!  :)

HorseFeathers

61 degrees in Hector at 8:30 this morning, was told it was 55 degrees at a friends house in Conway County at the same time....It's crazy, but I'll take it :D

HorseFeathers

61 degrees agin this morning, SUpposed to be 60 with a WINDCHILL of 58 tonight lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas