• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Quote from: True Believer on June 26, 2013, 06:20:02 am
The Elkfest will be happening in Jasper this weekend.  I still have yet to see an elk up around the Buffalo.  I know they are there.   

Lake or river.  It's time to be near water. 

Only place I've ever seen one was(I think it's on hwy 74), near Steel Creek camp ground, was a Cow and a Calf...Dad's seen some Bull Elk North of Jasper near Pruitt...Heard they've been seen as far south as Moccasin Gap(North of Dover on 7) though...and I know the folks up near Snowball wish they'd go away...Forest Department has no problem fining you for your cattle being on the National River Park Lands...but won't pay a dime to fix the fences that the Elk broke in the first place...

Anyway, Heard a "Cold" front is coming through first of next week, only suppose to be in the upper 80's and lower 90's..lol

Breitontime

High of 102 today. Picked a splendid day to blow off work to golf all day.

I'll be more happy next week in Vegas in triple digit temps.

Valleysports

Hey Bre I ran into my high school teammate, who played for Tampa Bay 11 years, in the Houston Airport.  Said he lives in West Palm Beach - wants me to come visit.  Where's your Florida place?

Breitontime

Tampa, about three hours or so from West Palm.

DogsWin7

It's 95 degrees and I Love it!

sevenof400

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on June 28, 2013, 12:06:21 pm

You are psychotic, DiehardFBfan....

Breitontime

I'm right there with you. I love summer, perfect time to take a two minute walk and be chin deep in the ocean.

sevenof400

Quote from: Breitontime on June 28, 2013, 12:58:05 pm
I'm right there with you. I love summer, perfect time to take a two minute walk and be chin deep in the ocean.

On general principle, I slap you, ocean-breath. 

cuckoobird

It is nice isnt it diehard and bre

HorseFeathers

With a Heat index around 110...yeah it's a great day....NOT

DogsWin7

I see the heat has made seven and HF a little cranky:)

Cooler forecast predicted for this weekend:)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on June 28, 2013, 08:12:53 pm
I see the heat has made seven and HF a little cranky:)

Cooler forecast predicted for this weekend:)

Tired..is more like it lol...I don't even have the energy to get out and mow my knee deep yard...oh well It'll die soon, the grasshoppers will show up   :-\

ricepig

Now, this is the type of weather I could go for year around, 84°, low humidity, and a little breeze.

HorseFeathers

I haven't even wandered outside today...been lazy, but the weather channel claims it's 83 degrees out, might need to put a jacket on when I go outside..

True Believer

Today is perfect.  Just got back from the pool.  Nice weather. 

I'm starting to think I will never get to the lake this summer. 

Breitontime

Ah, I'm ready for tomorrow. Skins game in the a.m., and a buddy just bought a Ski Nautique. Wakeboarding, tubing, killer tunes, girls in bikinis, brewski's, salt water, and being able to pull up to the bar in the boat when we finish.

All those "Salt Life" stickers you see on cars up there... That's what the salt life is about, those people aren't about that life.

sevenof400

Quote from: True Believer on June 29, 2013, 01:58:13 pm
Today is perfect.  Just got back from the pool.  Nice weather. 

I'm starting to think I will never get to the lake this summer.

...and today is even better!  I can handle summer days with some cloud cover, a nice breeze and mid 70's temps.

Breitontime

Valleysports

OK Bre, I'm thinking about snow birding.  Where should I look for a Condo, little retirement house, etc., with that backyard?

Breitontime

This back yard, is in the Keys.

Valleysports

Just told my wife about this new plan.  She's going to bring the grand kids down to visit me, from time to time.  Sounds like a go!  :D

Breitontime

Texarkana_Piggie

home from my 2 weeks at the beach.  now back to the nasty heat, i'll be inside the rest of the summer.  :)

Brian G

Unreal low 80's in NWA this week.

cuckoobird

Its always cooler up there where the yankees live

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 01, 2013, 01:38:49 pm
Its always cooler up there where the yankees live

Slowing down any sheath blight, perfect weather on the older rice.

cuckoobird

I havent looked. Thats what those field men are for. Lol probably though

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 01, 2013, 02:33:19 pm
I havent looked. Thats what those field men are for. Lol probably though

I think I scouted my first year out of college in 81, then they started a Tech Service, I didn't walk much more, haha.

Breitontime

Tonight is a good night for a XR on the rocks with two lemons.

I'll be very sad when Crown runs out of the XR.

Go Postal

Has anyone else noticed how hot it has been in the northern States (like Alaska, Illinois  for instance) and Canada this season but nicer in some Southern States?  Weird.  Greenhouse effect?

Breitontime

Hope everyone has a nice, safe Independence Day!

Mine shall be spent wakeboarding/tubing. And for the evening, about 15 of us chipped in and bought a couple grand in fireworks. Should be a solid show. Have about 100lbs of meat to put on the smoker for about 13 hours, brisket, ribs, tenderloin, pork butt, all the good stuff.

DogsWin7

Had a Great Fourth of July!!!  Love it!

It has been a wonderful week!  Love love love this weather!!!:)

Indiana Jones

bring back the mid 80 highs
this sucks!!!

Texarkana_Piggie

i'm kinda missing the ice sculpt exhibit we saw at christmas.  it was so chilly in there and felt so wonderful!

sevenof400

Breitontime

I'm loving this weather as well, DH. Been doing a lot of cruising on the motobike.

bleudog

July 09, 2013, 07:20:51 pm #986 Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:41:49 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Breitontime on July 09, 2013, 06:42:36 pm
I'm loving this weather as well, DH. Been doing a lot of cruising on the motobike.

This looks like an interesting place for a young man to point a motorcycle towards this weekend:  http://bikinistexas.com/

True Believer

Awwww......nice and hot!   Cooling off a little for the weekend.

Breitontime

Quote from: bleudog on July 09, 2013, 07:20:51 pm
Quote from: Breitontime on July 09, 2013, 06:42:36 pm

This looks like an interesting place for a young man to point a motorcycle towards this weekend:  http://bikinistexas.com/
Meh, I can step out back and see bikinis for a few miles.

DogsWin7

I LOVE Summer & this Weather! :)

Not that many grasshoppers this year at my house.

Texarkana_Piggie

i love summer but i really wish it wasn't quite so hot.  i do like fall and winter best.

Valleysports

Hope you're getting up in the mornings and cutting, splitting, firewood, Piggie...... Fall is just around the corner.

DogsWin7

I would cancel winter if possible.   :)  I know Piggies likes cooler temps so she could have fall....but no winter.

It doesn't seem has hot this year to me.   Not that many days of 100 yet :). Chance maybe next week

bordeaux et blanc

sevenof400

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 19, 2013, 06:35:37 am
I would cancel winter if possible.   :)  I know Piggies likes cooler temps so she could have fall....but no winter.

It doesn't seem has hot this year to me.   Not that many days of 100 yet :). Chance maybe next week

Sacre bleu!

cuckoobird

Quote from: sevenof400 on July 19, 2013, 12:40:37 pm

Sacre bleu!
??? u too

bordeaux et blanc

Quote from: sevenof400 on July 19, 2013, 12:40:37 pm

Sacre bleu!
faire attention

Texarkana_Piggie

the problem with the heat is it makes it miserable to be outside.  i don't like to sweat.  course if i had a pool, i'd be out there all day everyday.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on July 19, 2013, 12:55:44 pm
the problem with the heat is it makes it miserable to be outside.  i don't like to sweat.  course if i had a pool, i'd be out there all day everyday.
I thought that too but I hardly ever use it now

sevenof400

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 19, 2013, 01:06:33 pm
Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on July 19, 2013, 12:55:44 pm
I thought that too but I hardly ever use it now

L'eau de la piscine est comme l'eau du bain!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas