• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

True Believer

Saw that earlier today.  Prayers for his family and friends.

ricepig

First 90° temp in Jonesboro yesterday, first 100° today, I hope this trend doesn't continue tomorrow.  :o

Texarkana_Piggie

95 feels like 100.  welcome to south arkansas in june.  humid and nasty out there.

sevenof400

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on June 11, 2013, 05:20:06 pm
95 feels like 100.  welcome to south arkansas in june.  humid and nasty out there.

ugh.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 11, 2013, 05:23:53 pm
Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on June 11, 2013, 05:20:06 pm

ugh.

You meant Arkansas...seen 100 degrees on the car thermometer today...I believe it..I don't sweat that much, and I was dripping with it today...

Texarkana_Piggie

my husband's car...parked in the shade...read 107 when he got in it to come home this afternoon.

Valleysports

Y'all been moaning and groaning, for 5 months, about such a miserable winter can't wait for summer   ;D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on June 11, 2013, 09:26:25 pm
Y'all been moaning and groaning, for 5 months, about such a miserable winter can't wait for summer   ;D

I'm a spring/fall type of guy lol...I don't like summer and I don't like winter weather..So aArkansas weather doesn't exactly agree with me sometimes lol

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Valleysports on June 11, 2013, 09:26:25 pm

Not this little gray duck.  I love cold weather.  Best thing about summer...school's out. 

cuckoobird

I love summer. I would rather sweat than be cold

sevenof400

June 12, 2013, 08:37:06 am #910 Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 12:09:36 pm by sevenof400
Piggie states it well.  Cool good.  Heat bad.

ricepig

I want highs from 55° to 80°, with light winds.

cuckoobird

Quote from: ricepig on June 12, 2013, 10:36:47 am
Rice has got to burn to grow.

Breitontime

I like the weather. Keeps all the fair weather golfers out of my way.

Hopefully, I can get in 45 holes before the aftenoon tourney tomorrow.

Brian G

68 degress in San Diego this morning.  Hasn't got above 73 for the 4 days that I've been here.

68 and it feels like "68". 

I now head to Petco Park for at ATL vs Padres game.  Need to see a ATL win this time.

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 12, 2013, 11:12:34 am
Quote from: ricepig on June 12, 2013, 10:36:47 am
Rice has got to burn to grow.

I'm more concerned with me.

cuckoobird

Breitontime

Quote from: B.G. on June 12, 2013, 12:32:36 pm
68 degress in San Diego this morning.  Hasn't got above 73 for the 4 days that I've been here.

I now head to Petco Park for at ATL vs Padres game.  Need to see a ATL win this time.
Weather is always nice in San Diego. If that state wasn't chock full of weirdos, I wouldn't mind living there.

Texarkana_Piggie

i hate sweating.  if i am cold, i can put on clothes and cover up.  if i'm sweating and hot, not much to do about that.  there's only so much you can take off before you get arrested for indecent exposure. 

cuckoobird

June 12, 2013, 04:19:11 pm #919 Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 04:21:48 pm by cuckoobird
Lol. When i get cold i stay that way until a hot shower. If i get hot a jump in the pool, lake, canal, or ricefield cures that

ricepig

Quote from: Breitontime on June 12, 2013, 02:58:08 pm
Quote from: B.G. on June 12, 2013, 12:32:36 pm

Weather is always nice in San Diego. If that state wasn't chock full of weirdos, I wouldn't mind living there.

Yep, San Diego is great, if there were about 1/2 as many people it would be better, lots of great golf courses.

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 12, 2013, 04:19:11 pm
Lol. When i get cold i stay that way until a hot shower. If i get hot a jump in the pool, lake, canal, or ricefield cures that

Yeah, those rice fields are real cool when they are about waist high and the temp is 99° with 75% humidity.

True Believer

Of course, I am loving this weather.  Lake or river this weekend.  Hard decision.

sevenof400

Quote from: True Believer on June 12, 2013, 06:15:04 pm
Of course, I am loving this weather.  Lake or river this weekend.  Hard decision.

What ?!!?! 

No pool under consideration? 

True Believer

Don't make enough money yet for that.

cuckoobird

Right out of the riser it is

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 12, 2013, 07:21:11 pm
Right out of the riser it is

Depends if it's coming from a well 180' deep, or from a surface source 10ft deep, but yes, that 55° water is cold!

Valleysports

I like all 4 seasons!  Like summer for grilling, swimming, golfing, running, motorcycling, canoes, being active.  Like Winter for wearing flannel, getting that fireplace going, fishing, snow skiing, or going some place warm, etc. .  Of course this is all tied in with Fall to Spring Hunting....

I know a lot of people who have moved or are moving to Arizona.  HF the weather is really to your liking and houses 50% off, but climbing.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on June 12, 2013, 09:35:08 pm
I like all 4 seasons!  Like summer for grilling, swimming, golfing, running, motorcycling, canoes, being active.  Like Winter for wearing flannel, getting that fireplace going, fishing, snow skiing, or going some place warm, etc. .  Of course this is all tied in with Fall to Spring Hunting....

I know a lot of people who have moved or are moving to Arizona.  HF the weather is really to your liking and houses 50% off, but climbing.

Ha...good luck convincing my wife to relocate...It was a big enough fight to get her to agree that we were not living next door to her mom in TILLY(I put it in all caps, cause I'm sure not many if any on here Know where it's at lol) Arkansas

Texarkana_Piggie

Tilly?  I'd have to look that up on a map.  Never heard of it.

Ridge Rat

Lol it's close to Juddville and Witts Spring.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Ridge Rat on June 13, 2013, 08:21:54 am

oh, well.  ok.  that helps. 

Valleysports

Quote from: HF on June 12, 2013, 10:28:17 pm

Ha...good luck convincing my wife to relocate...It was a big enough fight to get her to agree that we were not living next door to her mom in TILLY(I put it in all caps, cause I'm sure not many if any on here Know where it's at lol) Arkansas

While enjoying summer, one time, I went through Tilly on the way to Marshall to canoe.  Kids were less than impressed - with my back road decision on that one.  I began to wonder if we'd make it the same day myself.  Find me a nearby pasture, we'll fly in and take them a Sunday Paper.  LOL  Y'all think that's strange, but I had many friends, in Alaska, who loved to see me coming for that very reason.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on June 13, 2013, 05:02:38 pm
Quote from: HF on June 12, 2013, 10:28:17 pm

While enjoying summer, one time, I went through Tilly on the way to Marshall to canoe.  Kids were less than impressed - with my back road decision on that one.  I began to wonder if we'd make it the same day myself.  Find me a nearby pasture, we'll fly in and take them a Sunday Paper.  LOL  Y'all think that's strange, but I had many friends, in Alaska, who loved to see me coming for that very reason.

It's something like 26 miles from my house to my in-laws up there...we go up every sunday. I don't even think about it anymore...but when we first started dating, it was a long drive for me  haha..lol

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on June 13, 2013, 07:53:49 am
Tilly?  I'd have to look that up on a map.  Never heard of it.

Good Luck finding it on some maps :D

Quote from: Ridge Rat on June 13, 2013, 08:21:54 am

Juddville...haha..never thought I'd see that mentioned on the internet lol...Been told that hardly any of the Judd's live there anymore, and haven't seen the little store open in forever...

Tilly is 26 miles from Hector, or 30 miles south of Marshall on Highway 27. It's 45 miles to russellville give or take a little...about 45 minutes from clinton. And Valley highway 27 is one of my favorite drives from Hector to Marshall....Hwy's 377 and 74 from Witt Springs to Hwy 65 is a pretty drive as well..

Go Postal

Tilly, on the very southern edge of the 726 postal area out of Harrison.  Just before you get to the very upper 728 postal area out of Russellville.  It might be the only town that you have to use mule train to deliver mail to except for the Grand Canyon area. ;D

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on June 12, 2013, 06:15:04 pm

Love Hot fun in the summertime!  :)

Chance of rain next week according to the weather man.

True Believer

Today was nice and HOT!

A beautiful moon to look at tonight! 

Breitontime

Had a wedding today, outside, on top of a mountain. Zero shade, in a suit. Not so much fun.

cuckoobird

Crongratulations bre

Valleysports

Breitontime

Ha, wasn't my wedding! Just a part of it.

cuckoobird

It was oozing with sarcasm

Breitontime

They need a sarcasm button on here.

cuckoobird

who would support the odyssey girls if you got hitched?

Breitontime

Myself, and all my married friends.

fastdrop

Don't rush...........  ;)

cuckoobird

True Believer

The Elkfest will be happening in Jasper this weekend.  I still have yet to see an elk up around the Buffalo.  I know they are there.   

Lake or river.  It's time to be near water. 

Valleysports

Best viewing, for Elk, starts 1/4 mile south of downtown Ponca.   At Dawn / Dusk they'll be between the river &  fields next to the road.  Be on the look out because they will step off the wooded slope, on west side of the road, out in front of your car crossing to the east side.  Take your binoculars. 

True Believer

I may just have to go this weekend. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas