• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Breitontime

All but the shark fishing and beach parties. Which could be replaced with bass fishing and Lalor house parties.

True Believer

67 this Sat.  Betting on the ponies, drinking beverages, have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Spring!!!! 

DogsWin7

I have spring fever!  Loved the sunshine and temp of 64!

Breitontime

Daytona Bike Week starts today :-). Beautiful weather and early morning wet t-shirt contests, yay :-).

AirWarren

Valleysports

TB mentioned the Bahamas, I think.  Anyone have vacation experience on that side?  Atlantis?  Any particular island?  Resort?

Breitontime

What'd you want to know Valley? I've spent a lot of time theorem it's only a few hours on a boat from West Palm.

DogsWin7

I wish I could go to the Bahamas...or West Palm and soak up the sun. :)

Breitontime

Eh', beach in West Palm is nasty.

Valleysports

Well y'all got me thinking I might go somewhere besides Cancun.  I like lots of white beach and all inclusive resorts.

True Believer

Quote from: Valleysports on March 08, 2013, 08:34:25 am
TB mentioned the Bahamas, I think.  Anyone have vacation experience on that side?  Atlantis?  Any particular island?  Resort?

Atlantis is perfect.  And you can sometimes get a good deal on the rooms.  We have also stayed in Nassau.  A little rougher than Atlantis but the beaches are great.  Be careful which taxis' you take.  If you just stay at an all inclusive that is the way to go of course.  The Open Market is quite the experience if you want to get out.  Just always be careful.

True Believer

Just got back from Hot Springs.  Town is looking a little rough.

But the weather yesterday was absolutely perfect for the track.  Darn you Race # 2 Horse #10!!!!   

Had a really fun and relaxing trip except for the rain today. 

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on March 08, 2013, 10:48:54 pm
Well y'all got me thinking I might go somewhere besides Cancun.  I like lots of white beach and all inclusive resorts.

I took my kids a few years ago to Atlantis for spring break, they had a blast. There was enough entertainment for all of us, but TB is correct, parts of Nassau are rough. I get the impression that you just want to sit on the beach and run the flag up for the waitress?

Breitontime

What a beautiful morning.

sevenof400

Quote from: True Believer on March 10, 2013, 01:35:02 pm

What did you do in Hot Springs, TB?

And don't hide behind that old line of what happens in Hot Springs........

DogsWin7

It looks nice.....the sun is out here today too but it's only 39 degrees right now.:(

Hopefully by this weekend it will warm up to the 70's...if u believe the weatherman

Breitontime

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 11, 2013, 12:18:14 pm
Quote from: True Believer on March 10, 2013, 01:35:02 pm

What did you do in Hot Springs, TB?

And don't hide behind that old line of what happens in Hot Springs........
I thought that was Vegas, Seven?

People getting frisky in the bath houses now?

sevenof400

That line travels well....

Breitontime

Ahh, I can't wait to play Innisbrook next weekend. They're playing the Tampa Bay Open there now, only 11 golfers broke par yesterday.

DogsWin7

I Absolutely LOVED the Sunshine TODAY!   I am praying for a Wonderful and Safe Spring Break for everyone!

Texarkana_Piggie

On my way to sunny Florida. No beaches this time though.  Disney and universal. 

AirWarren

Good luck with the crowds. I was there in February and it was awful.

True Believer

It was so great today!!   Beautiful!   

Tomorrow going on a trail ride.   

Hope you all have a great weekend.

See ya on St. Patrick's Day!   

Breitontime

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on March 15, 2013, 08:27:25 pm
On my way to sunny Florida. No beaches this time though.  Disney and universal.
Good luck. I highly recommend the Express Passes at Universal/Islands. Saves hours and hours of wait time. Universal City Walk is fun at night, as is Downtown Disney, and if you're into the nightlife Church/Wall St. Downtown.

DogsWin7

First day of Spring Tomorrow!!!   We made it! :)

I can't wait for hot temps, swimming, camping and etc.

True Believer

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.....      spring is in the air.  Even the air here on FF smells better.   :)

Texarkana_Piggie

Have kid in tow rizz...no nightclubs.  Weather is beautiful.  Crowds are very low.  Longest we have waited for anything so far was about 20 minutes. Next week is spring break for most states so the crowd levels will go through the roof.  Spent most of today at the pool. Went to Hollywood studios tonight for dinner.  Going to universal tomorrow and Thursday. 

True Believer

Snow.  Sleet.  In tomorrow's forecast.

Welcome first day of spring.

DogsWin7

March 20, 2013, 09:51:02 am #778 Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:40:22 pm by DiehardFBfan
Mean, mean, mean ole' man winter! :'(

I found an article titled "Year without a summer".  It stated that in June of 1816 it snowed in Boston and New England.  It was caused by a Volcanic eruption that occurred earlier in April causing a massive climate shift.  I assume its true but I'm unfamiliar with the website so hesitant to post the link.  If anyone knows for sure please post it....thanks :)

Thanks to my friend for finding the link!!!!! :)

It was true!!! 

Anyway, I'll wait on my summer!  Please!!!!

1-Adam-12

I left work today and it was sleeting.  Then I noticed the temperature. 46 degrees.

This weather is officially bipolar. Not that it wasn't already.

Ridge Rat

Snowing pretty good in Marshall right now.

True Believer

Welcome 2nd day of spring.

Snowing.  *mad face*

True Believer

Thank you Mother Nature for the 5 inches of snow.  But none of the roads!!   Hallerluyer!!!

HorseFeathers

Heard that Heber Springs got 6 inches of snow...We didn't get nothing but 2 miserable days in Russellville, sleet, snow, rain, and freezing cold...

beach bum

Quote from: Breitontime on March 03, 2013, 03:47:40 pm
You look at it wrong.

Bikinis, and less
Drinks with little umbrellas
Jet ski's
Shark fishing
Beach parties daily

I would have to guess we are both in Florida!!!!!! This is a great place.

Texarkana_Piggie

Left Orlando this morning headed to Slidell for the night.  It has rained almost the entire way.  Sometimes so hard we were at a crawl because you couldn't see.  Finally out of he hard rain but still cloudy and misty.

Billyo62

Snowing here in KC .. I hate Piggie ...J/K

bleudog

Was hailing in L A (Lower Arkansas) an hour or so ago.

Ridge Rat

Absolutely snowing like crazy in Western Kentucky right now. I've had enough of winter.

True Believer

While driving home yesterday, minding my own business.   I saw snowflakes.

&%(*heck.  Yes I was thinking ugly thoughts.

DogsWin7

March 26, 2013, 08:26:35 am #790 Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 09:23:07 am by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: True Believer on March 26, 2013, 05:44:41 am

I have been thinking ugly thoughts the past 3 weeks!  This weather sucks for spring.

Tornado's will be here before we know it.   The weather channel had a interesting article on Global warming and Tornado's...
http://www.weather.com/news/science/environment/global-warming-tornadoes-20130318

sevenof400

Quote from: True Believer on March 26, 2013, 05:44:41 am

I can only imagine what those thoughts must have been!

HorseFeathers

Old teacher of mine, has gotten 26 inches of snow this month...In Indiana...He's on springbreak right now, with 9 inches of snow on the ground with more coming down lol

Lions84

Dodged a bullet I almost bought and planted Tomatoes during Spring break last week and we had two hard frezzes the past 2 nights.  30 Monday morning 6 am and 28 this morning.  I will now wait till after Easter to plant them.

DogsWin7

I am anticipating it to warm up today!  The weatherman said upper 60's, I hope he is right!

I found an article in the average temp for last March...

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ffc/?n=march_temps2012

True Believer

It is warm here.   I saw little herds of little people with baseball tees, gloves and lots of moms and dads gathered around to see their little all star.   

Spring is close.

HorseFeathers

36 degrees this morning....60 degrees this afternoon...Heard it was supposed to rain this weekend though...

DogsWin7

Good Friday and I hope everyone has a Blessed Easter.  :)

The weather was beautiful yesterday I suspect some rain since its spring.

DogsWin7

March 30, 2013, 09:06:42 pm #798 Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 09:18:14 pm by DiehardFBfan
Rained on and off here today but still fairly warm. :)

Texarkana_Piggie

happy rainy easter! 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas