• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Texarkana_Piggie

well, yesterday it was 70.  today we have had rain, sleet, snow and freezing rain with temps in low 30s and wind chills in the 20s.  jeckyll and hyde weather.  crazy.  i wish it would pick one or the other and stay that way more than one day!

True Believer

I am praying it misses us. 

DogsWin7

Thundering and lightening as I type!

Sleet, sleet and sleet!   Stay safe everyone!

Valleysports

A bus slid off the road by one of my friends house.  It was reported that kids and bus driver were injured and etc, in Russellville.  Just a flat out fabricated report.  Everyone was fine.  Oh and the bus didn't roll either.  lol

Breitontime

Lol, saw a pic, had it not been lodged against a tree, it would have rolled the rest of the 12" onto its side.

DogsWin7

I'm glad it turned out to be a lie...and all the kids are fine!

Breitontime

True Believer

Yes, only ice on the trees.  None of the roads.  Yet.

Of course when I come out of Kroger, a toad strangler is coming down.  Yes I got wet and am freezing but I was so glad it wasn't freezing rain or sleet, I didn't even care!!

fastdrop

Valleysports

Bre, that's coming off the Alaskan Trail from Crow Mtn.  If that tree hadn't of caught it, it would have rolled down the side of the mtn. Just to the right of the pic is straight down.

True Believer

Great weekend!  Beautiful weather!   Happy, Happy, Happy!!!

But tomorrow sounds like yuck.

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on February 24, 2013, 05:10:43 pm

Yes,  it was Wonderful today.  Dread tomorrow.

True Believer

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 24, 2013, 08:43:09 pm
Quote from: True Believer on February 24, 2013, 05:10:43 pm

Yes,  it was Wonderful today.  Dread tomorrow.

Be careful out there!   You guys are going to get the frozen stuff I'm afraid.   Ours should be just rain.

DogsWin7

February 24, 2013, 09:04:57 pm #713 Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:07:06 pm by DiehardFBfan
Thanks....we will! You too!  Have I mentioned I'm ready for Spring?  ::) (just a few million times huh?)

Breitontime

February 24, 2013, 09:35:40 pm #714 Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:50:24 pm by Breitontime
Come on down DH! I sat on my balcony in a pair of shorts and a tee about 6 this a.m. and watched her come in.

DogsWin7

That looks sooooo relaxing.   

Breitontime

It'd of been much more-so had we been waking up, rather than just getting home.

Texarkana_Piggie

Beautiful spring day here today.  Light snow and winter mix predicted for Tuesday.  Mother Nature Is a two faced beeyotch.

Billyo62

Supposed to get up to a foot of snow here for the second time in 5 days.. Fun

DogsWin7

Now don't you miss Arkansas just a little? :). Stay Warm BillyO that's a lot of snow.

Valleysports

My son, who's skipping school, just watch me make a huge fire.  He's afraid I'm going to burn the house down.  ;D  Told him I want a good bed of coals tonight.

Anyone have a recommendation of an All Inclusive Resort near Cancun?

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on February 25, 2013, 01:00:22 pm
My son, who's skipping school, just watch me make a huge fire.  He's afraid I'm going to burn the house down.  ;D  Told him I want a good bed of coals tonight.

Anyone have a recommendation of an All Inclusive Resort near Cancun?

I stayed at the Ritz about 7 years ago, but it wasn't all inclusive. I really didn't see anything to spend a lot of time down there. It seemed more a college town now, I did enjoy a trip in country to see the Mayan ruins. Have you looked at the Cabo area? Lots of great golf courses and resorts, and you can always fish out of Cabo.

Breitontime

I echo RP's thoughts, I prefer Cabot to Cancun.

Valleysports

Cabot?  :o

Well we haven't been to Cancun in 20 yrs, but loved it back then.  Was in Cozmel last year, grown too much.  South of Cancun there are caves you can swim through and stuff like that.  I've seen enough of real mexico, I could lay out on the beach or sit by the pool relaxing all day.  Don't care much about the fishing at Cabo anymore.  Would go to Kauai if I was going to that side.  Ya'll got anything else?  Been to Jamaica...  Hawai many times..  How about the Virgin Islands?

ricepig

The only time I was in the Virgin Islands was on a cruise and we only stayed a day, it was nice, but I don't remember anything special. It did seem like we snorkled there, but it was one of those cruises were we stopped at several islands and they all seemed the same. I've got a good friend who's brother is one of those team sport fishing guys and has a condo in Costa Rica, I really enjoyed fishing down there, and I'm not a big small boat kind of guy in the oceans. That was more a guys trip if you know what I mean, haha. I haven't been to Aruba, but another buddy went there on his honeymoon and said it was fabulous.

Breitontime

You know you can go to Cuba now, right?

I'm hoping to go in the next year. I just want more Monte Cristo's.

True Believer

We went to an all inclusive in Nassau.  Loved it.  Waffles at midnight.  I think so.

Too many crazy killings in Cabo for me to want to go back.  I don't care if it is all inclusive.

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on February 25, 2013, 06:23:57 pm
We went to an all inclusive in Nassau.  Loved it.  Waffles at midnight.  I think so.

Too many crazy killings in Cabo for me to want to go back.  I don't care if it is all inclusive.

I've been to Cabo four times and have always felt safe, but I stay about 30 minutes from Cabo at a resort. I did have a friend who's group was robbed by a gang further up the Baja coast, but they wondered off the beaten path on a four wheeler/dune buggy ride.

True Believer

Costa Rica and Belize I will go back to someday.

Guatemala....never....never.....never again.  Scary.

Beach time is coming.  Thank goodness.

Billyo62

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 25, 2013, 11:16:14 am
Now don't you miss Arkansas just a little? :). Stay Warm BillyO that's a lot of snow.

This week without a doubt, this has been crazy...

DogsWin7

It feels really cold today with the wind! 

HorseFeathers

Sleet...again, I think I'd rather have snow..

True Believer

snow showers expected Friday.

:/

sevenof400

Quote from: True Believer on February 27, 2013, 06:29:55 pm
snow showers expected Friday.

:/

Are you teasing me, TB?

March....in like a lion....out like a lamb..

True Believer

That rodent was wrong.  Next weekend it's the ponies for me cold or warm.  The next weekend a trail ride.  I'm dragging out the long johns just in case.

Ridge Rat

It's snowing pretty good out here in Western Kentucky! Winter ain't gone yet.

Lions84

We had Frost all week this week and hardly none in Jan.

DogsWin7

A beautiful day!  Enjoy the Sunshine!

Spring Break in 2 weeks!!!

Breitontime

Breitontime

March 03, 2013, 10:10:45 am #739 Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:20:01 am by Breitontime
This Guy. Just chilling.

bleudog

Breitontime

March 03, 2013, 02:31:03 pm #741 Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 02:41:54 pm by Breitontime
78 on a 7,000+ yard par 72 PGA course, from the tips. I'll take it. Beautiful day

DogsWin7

I wish it was 77 here!

sevenof400

Quote from: Breitontime on March 03, 2013, 02:31:03 pm
78 on a 7,000+ yard par 72 PGA course, from the tips. I'll take it. Beautiful day

Just you wait, Mister.  July is coming. 

Texarkana_Piggie

it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!  home in the peace and quiet all alone watching season 4 of dexter.  love this show!  trying to catch up.  i'm behind. 

Breitontime

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 03, 2013, 02:44:20 pm
Quote from: Breitontime on March 03, 2013, 02:31:03 pm

Just you wait, Mister.  July is coming.
What happens in July?

sevenof400

178 degrees.

Sweltering.
Dripping.
Madness.

Breitontime

You look at it wrong.

Bikinis, and less
Drinks with little umbrellas
Jet ski's
Shark fishing
Beach parties daily

True Believer

Been indoors most of the weekend.  Had to go out for groceries.   Got 99.9% of spring cleaning done.  Waiting until it's warmer to wash the windows on the outside. 

Next weekend.  I may have been dreaming but I thought I saw it was going to be 63 degrees.

Someone pinch me. 

sevenof400

Quote from: Breitontime on March 03, 2013, 03:47:40 pm
You look at it wrong.

Bikinis, and less
Drinks with little umbrellas
Jet ski's
Shark fishing
Beach parties daily

Most of that ain't happening in Arkansas......sadly.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas