• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Baitshop

Quote from: B.G. on February 10, 2013, 12:17:32 pm
Not on Twitter.

I'm not a twitter guy....does gate do some sort of weather forecast thing on twitter..??..??

Brian G

No.  He offers safety tips.

Baitshop

Like "stay inside when is cold" stuff..??..??

Brian G

It's just not safe for kids. 

Baitshop

Huh..??..??

Like school closings type stuff..??

He posts on twitter that the schools are going to be closed..??...like as a public service..??

Brian G

He's an unpaid advisor to various small school districts.

Volunteer helper.

Baitshop

No kidding....so schools consult with gate on whether to close their schools....??

Brian G

He might have 4-wheel drive. 

Baitshop

...or is he the one responsible for getting the word out..??

sevenof400

Quote from: Baitshop on February 10, 2013, 01:21:00 pm
No kidding....so schools consult with gate on whether to close their schools....??

...this is frightening on so many levels....

Brian G

He tends to error on the side of safety for the children but doesn't show the same concern for administration.

Baitshop

Quote from: B.G. on February 10, 2013, 01:24:36 pm
He tends to error on the side of safety for the children but doesn't show the same concern for administration.

Define "error"....

sevenof400

Out of curiosity, why do districts feel the need for an advisor when it comes to weather closings.  Gate can't be in every small town assessing the road conditions can he?

Brian G

Quote from: Baitshop on February 10, 2013, 01:35:07 pm

Define "error"....
Mugshot.

HorseFeathers

Cold and Rainy yesterday...a little bit warmer and stormy this morning...and 60 plus degrees and clear and sunny...I know what they say about arkansas weather, but geez, I just wish it would make up it's mind...

Baitshop

Quote from: B.G. on February 10, 2013, 01:44:33 pm
Quote from: Baitshop on February 10, 2013, 01:35:07 pm

Define "error"....
Mugshot.

That's a bit punitive for missing a weather forcast, don't you think..??

gatecrasher

February 10, 2013, 03:35:24 pm #666 Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 03:42:19 pm by gatecrasher
Boy you sure have an erection for my business huh BG?

I ain't got anything to hide. Put it this way: be careful with the choice of words you use on social media. In this day and age of people being truly upset about every little thing, it may be misconstrued as a threat and they will come get you and throw your butt in jail.

Now, BG, seeing how you're so consumed with my life, I'll now await your response.

PS: If you're gonna talk ish about me, at least get your info right before running your mouth; it was Facebook, not Twitter. Just sayin.

Brian G

I know ALL about it. You got ordered off FB and went instead to mouthing about it on Twitter.

fastdrop

Good thing I am old fashioned and get my weather by looking out the window.

Brian G

....and have self-control.

Brian G

gatecrasher

Actually I said what I wanted to say about it. I posted two tweets about it and that was that.

Trust me when I say nobody can whip my arse about the choice of words I used more than I have. I gave myself 72 hours after I posted bond to do that, and then I stopped it.

I didn't threaten anyone. I know this, and my man upstairs knows it too. If you feel the need to run your gums about it, feel free. End of story.

Brian G

Quote from: gatecrasher on February 10, 2013, 06:26:05 pm
Actually I said what I wanted to say about it. I posted two tweets about it and that was that.

Trust me when I say nobody can whip my arse about the choice of words I used more than I have. I gave myself 72 hours after I posted bond to do that, and then I stopped it.

I didn't threaten anyone. I know this, and my man upstairs knows it too. If you feel the need to run your gums about it, feel free. End of story.
I'm just thankful I don't have kids in a certain school.  On the heels of the shootings in Conn, it was grade A bonehead move.

fastdrop

I believe I would delete all social media accounts and throw away my computer and smart phone.

Brian G

Quote from: fastdrop on February 10, 2013, 06:34:03 pm
I believe I would delete all social media accounts and throw away my computer and smart phone.
You would never need to as you wouldn't do such a thing.  Even in jest.

fastdrop

Quote from: B.G. on February 10, 2013, 06:37:21 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on February 10, 2013, 06:34:03 pm
You would never need to as you wouldn't do such a thing.  Even in jest.
I was giving good advise to those who can't handle modern miracles.

bleudog

February 10, 2013, 06:56:22 pm #676 Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 07:08:34 pm by bleudog
Tornado hits Southern Miss campus:  CLICK HERE

Prayers for those in and around Hattiesburg.

Texarkana_Piggie

i don't like unseasonably warm weather.  hate it.  it is february.  i want cold weather until march.  not gonna happen evidently.  dang groundhog.

sevenof400

I guess this unseasonable weather is making us all a little cranky.

At least it should be getting a bit cooler this week. 

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: gatecrasher on February 10, 2013, 06:26:05 pm

For the record, Gate, I don't think the photo of you the authorities posted did you justice. You are much more fierce in real life...

True Believer

I'm not cranky!   I'm happy, happy, happy Jack!

Southern Miss had a beautiful campus.  Prayers to those down there. 

Middle of Feb means spring is around the corner.  HURRAY!!!

True Believer

And in a few weeks we are heading to see the ponies.  I want pretty weather.  Putting in my request now. 

Texarkana_Piggie

we are going to see the ponies run saturday.  can't wait!

True Believer

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on February 11, 2013, 05:24:04 pm
we are going to see the ponies run saturday.  can't wait!

YEA!!   Have fun Piggie!   Don't win all the purse money.    Save a little for me!  :) 

Texarkana_Piggie

pfbtttt.  i never win.  i just donate my money. 

True Believer

I always bet on the pretty grey horses. 

And they always lose. 

DogsWin7

February 12, 2013, 09:18:26 am #686 Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 05:29:54 pm by DiehardFBfan

Beautiful day yesterday....ran 2 miles...yes thats it, it nearly caused me to pass out....Today not so much...43 degrees.

HorseFeathers

Warm yesterday, cooled off as it got later...raining today...mother nature needs to get her hormones in order lol

Lions84

When I was in School we had the Sheriff over rule the Super and close the School.  Told the Super if I see a bus out on the roads today your going to Jail for Child endangerment.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: True Believer on February 11, 2013, 08:56:37 pm
I always bet on the pretty grey horses. 

And they always lose. 

my dad always bet the grays, so now i do in memory of him.  did pretty good with them last time!

True Believer

I love grey horses.   This will be the first time I have been in a few years so I'm hoping I at least break even.

Run pony run!!!

With spring like weather please!

True Believer

Texarkana_Piggie

DogsWin7

It's a beautiful morning....sun is out!!!!  I hope it reaches upper 60's today :)

Lions84

56 Wed 70 Thurs and back to the mid 50's on Friday here in DFW!

Valleysports

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Valleysports on February 18, 2013, 06:44:21 pm
BUCKLE DOWN PIGGIE!  :(

we r good.  the worst is past us.  and mostly we just got heavy rain for a bit and some wind. 

Brian G

Major hail in the NW and RV today.

DogsWin7

February 19, 2013, 10:57:21 pm #698 Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 11:06:43 pm by DiehardFBfan
Well snow and ice supposed to be on the way.... Its cold now!  I guess we will find out!

Look out and stay safe!

1-Adam-12

I like the way one of my Facebook friends put it.  She described the current weather as bipolar.

With a little of everything expected, she got it exactly right.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas