• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

We are going up and down temp wise here in TX and expect or first general frezze next Monday the 10th.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Lions84 on December 06, 2012, 10:46:32 am
We are going up and down temp wise here in TX and expect or first general frezze next Monday the 10th.

It is going to be awful! 

DogsWin7

Sun is bright and beautiful today.....high 56 degrees where I am ;D should warm up to around 65.

I can't seem to get in the Christmas shopping mood ???  Guess we know who that makes happy! ;) ;D

Valleysports

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas   ;D

DogsWin7

Ha! ;D  Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow...

Here are a few Crazy Weather facts........

The highest temperature ever recorded in Antarctica is 14.6 °C (59 °F), recorded on January 5, 1974.

The highest snowfall ever recorded in a one year period was 31.1 meters (1224 inches) in Mount Rainier, Washington State, United States, between February 19, 1971 and February 18, 1972.

ricepig

Tornado warnings for a county waya, yep, it's crazy weather.

True Believer

I have had my ac on for 2 days.  Tonight I might turn on the heat.

sevenof400

.....or build an arc....  We are getting a deluge here...

Ridge Rat

Heading to Kentucky from Marshall and been chasing the rain since Mnt.View. Black Rock and Paragould look like they been hammered pretty good.

Otown06

In the 60s today, sopposed to be highs in mid 30s tomorrow here..

DogsWin7

It's going to be cold tomorrow...... :P. but I have enjoyed this week!

Valleysports

I can't wait to get home to 20 deg weather tomorrow, this -33 is getting old.

Otown06

It is snowing in Ozark right now.

DogsWin7

Snowing where I am!     Thanks Valley! ;D  :-\

Lions84

70's Sat  50s Sun and 34 Monday morning

Valleysports

Quote from: Lions84 on December 10, 2012, 01:04:52 pm

I-40 = 54/30 next tue,  58/31 wed - Christmas 44/20

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on December 10, 2012, 03:10:21 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on December 10, 2012, 01:04:52 pm

I-40 = 54/30 next tue,  58/31 wed - Christmas 44/20

I'm lost.... ??? 

Did you have to dump that snow on my house when you flew in from Alaska!!!!! ;D

Valleysports

It's all for the best interest of the ducks Diehard. happy, happy, happy  ;)

True Believer

Scrubs aren't thick enough.   I am a frozen unhappy person right now.

DogsWin7

A coat isn't warm enough for me!  It's Cold Outside! >:(

Beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. :)

sevenof400

...and now we're back to mid50's temps...
Just in time to get a lot of people sick with the temperature swings....wonderful.

Valleysports

True Believer

Yep.  We just got back from the doc's office.  Amoxicillin is  the antibiotic prescribed.  We are soup r us right now.  I have homemade chicken noodle and butternut squash soup on the stove.   It's been a downright ugly day over here in NEA.  Drizzle and damp.  Went to the mall and only went to one store. 

Is it bad that I want to buy everyone gift cards???

Valleysports

December 19, 2012, 11:33:16 pm #423 Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 12:29:26 am by Valleysports
Just hit Russellville 2315 hrs - HARD! Rain, Lightning.  Com'on baby rain rain rain....   :-*

2345 hrs - just another tease for the River Valley - she gone   :'(
0.31 inches of Rain

True Believer

UGH!   Today will be rough.  The storms came through here about 2:30 am.  Woke me up.  The dogs decided to want to go out at 3:30 am.   I haven't been asleep since the stores.  Hurry up 5 pm. 

Valleysports

People in windy places know to park their vehicles towards the wind.  If a good gust of wind catches your door, when you open it, you'll realize what I'm talking about.  And it's an expensive lesson.

Billyo62

I moved to KC 20 days ago, BLIZZARD today... snowing sideways 40mph winds my poor HOG in the Yard looks very unhappy about the move!  :)

True Believer

Well I parked wrong and almost didn't get my door of my car open.   

I'm off for 5 whole days.

Tomorrow I'm sleeping in.  It's too cold.

Ridge Rat

Good Lord it's cold this morning!! Living in an rv in the winter is nuts. Never gonna volunteer for Kentucky again! Two more days and Arkansas here we come!

DogsWin7

Super Cold! >:(

I can check buying Christmas presents during a Tornado watch off my list.

Yesterday, marked 12 weeks till the 1st start of Spring! :). Hurry!

True Believer

12 weeks!   12 weeks!   I can do this.  I can do this. 

Valleysports

Well I fell through the ice, to about my shoulders, first thing this morning.  Slipped in a Beaver Run.  Then tore a gash about shin high in one boot.  Cold and wet, but loved every bit of it.  My right foot has been cold for 12 hrs though.  Got to go get another phone...... ::) 

Billyo62

Quote from: Valleysports on December 21, 2012, 08:03:38 pm
Well I fell through the ice, to about my shoulders, first thing this morning.  Slipped in a Beaver Run.  Then tore a gash about shin high in one boot.  Cold and wet, but loved every bit of it.  My right foot has been cold for 12 hrs though.  Got to go get another phone...... ::)

That ain't nothing, I went shopping.  ;)

sevenof400

Quote from: Billyo62 on December 22, 2012, 03:12:21 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on December 21, 2012, 08:03:38 pm

That ain't nothing, I went shopping.  ;)

Online don't count Billyo!

Valleysports

ha ha isn't that funny!  A bad day of hunting is better than any day shopping.  ;D

DogsWin7

An here I thought it all depended on what you either were shopping or hunting for ;D. Go Figure!

Chance of Snow Tuesday I heard.  It's still cold!

Merry Christmas all my Fearless Friday Friends!  :)

True Believer

December 23, 2012, 08:00:02 am #436 Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 11:56:24 am by True Believer
Dear Lord,

If You are going to let it snow here in NEA, please let it snow bunches and not some just little biddily amount that makes me think I can drive on it to go to work on Wed.  Let it snow enough that I will know there is no way my sedan can make it and if they want me at work, they will come get me.  Not that I can't drive on it but because of the other idiots behind the wheel of their cars.

Thanks Lord!

Sincerely,

TB   :)

Ridge Rat

Ridge Rat

That big snow and ice back in 04 I believe it was, there would not have been so many problems if not for the fools who have no business on the road. Cutting off semis and the like. I had to spend the night at Morgan and carry on to Marshall the next day. I never had a lick of problems and the idiots were in ditches and upside down everywhere .

DogsWin7

And Please No Ice! 

I was without power for a week when the ice storm came on that Christmas Eve.

True Believer

Pack the trunk down with cat litter.   Drive slow.  Pat your brakes.

It's not that hard to drive in snow.  My teacher was my daddy and I never saw him in the ditch.  He would put it in low and go right up the hills.

Now ice.  That's a totally different story.  I was sitting at a red traffic light in LR once.  Came to a complete stop.  Had been sitting there stopped completely for maybe 30 seconds and my car just started sliding on it's own.  Ice means I stay home.

Breitontime

I just rode my motorcycle in jeans and a T-shirt. People actually think snow is going to stick in two days?

ricepig

Quote from: Breitontime on December 23, 2012, 04:09:58 pm
I just rode my motorcycle in jeans and a T-shirt. People actually think snow is going to stick in two days?

Yep, that's the way it works around here,  warm enough to bring in the moisture, then a cold front to trigger the snow/sleet/freezing rain. If it's really cold, the moisture gets squeezed out and we get nothing or a dusting. I for one, hope we miss it, I hit the slopes when I want to see snow.

True Believer

I don't expect anything.  When they predict it, we get notta.  Just making my plans in case they happen to get it right this time with the snow.   I know it's hard to predict.

gatecrasher

Every computer model I have seen this evening trends the storm further south.

That puts the heaviest snow across west central, central, and NE Arkansas. Draw a line from Mena to Jonesboro. 50 miles north and south of that line is what I'm talking about.

sevenof400

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 24, 2012, 08:45:02 pm
Every computer model I have seen this evening trends the storm further south.

That puts the heaviest snow across west central, central, and NE Arkansas. Draw a line from Mena to Jonesboro. 50 miles north and south of that line is what I'm talking about.

Better get to the store fast there Gate as milk and bread are no doubt vanishing as I type!  Drive safe and have a Merry Christmas!

Texarkana_Piggie

just not right to be running the air conditioner on christmas eve.  i'm ready for it to get cold and stay that way!

gatecrasher

It's 47 here in the Spa City.
But there is an ENE wind at about 20 mph. If we get any clearing temps are gonna plummet.

That will bring on the changeover to snow tomorrow much sooner than expected....and an expedited trip back from El Dorado.

I can drive in heavy snow. I don't like doing it with my wife and kids though.

True Believer

Prayers for all traveling.   Be safe. 

Valleysports

December 25, 2012, 04:51:03 am #449 Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 06:14:51 am by Valleysports
Put a sleeping bag in your car when it's cold and icy.  Lot of people have died, from cold exposure, while waiting on help.

0500, I-40 (Oklahoma City) is just about shutdown from car pileups and ice.  It's hard to see Black Ice, which blends in with the asphalt.  You'll be cruising along and suddenly realize you are floating.  Sometimes it'll be in an open area where the wind just puts a glaze on the road.  Of course bridges are going to ice over.  Brakes are the worst thing to use on and ice, give it gas and let your front wheel drive straighten you up.

Have to wipe your head lights and tail lights, often, when all that yuk is blowing and splattering on you car.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas