• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DogsWin7

Heat Advisory in effect for almost all of Arkansas until 7pm wednesday Aug. 1. According to Noah weather-  Heat index temps to go up too around 110 degrees by late afternoon.  The afternoon seems to be the hottest time.   :'(

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 30, 2012, 03:10:05 pm
Heat Advisory in effect for almost all of Arkansas until 7pm wednesday Aug. 1. According to Noah weather-  Heat index temps to go up too around 110 degrees by late afternoon.  The afternoon seems to be the hottest time.   :'(

Don't doubt it...it's 106 here right now, feel sorry for my critters, but I've got to many to bring them into the house...

Indiana Jones

wow Searcy had the  hottest temperature in the  whole US yesterday 112
  this sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ridge Rat

I'd hate to be on the asphalt crew, rootin around in the dirt is bad enough this summer.

DogsWin7

feel for them, and everyone who works outside.  Prayers to all, and to the kids at summer practices.  Don't get to hot, drink plenty of fluids! and check on the elderly.  I for one am about to think we need to get a new weatherman.  Can't he can do better than 105... 8)

True Believer

My son is working in a lumber yard for a summer job.

It's been good for him.  He knows what he doesn't want to do the rest of his life.

And before I offend anyone let me say because it's a VERY hard job and he is sick of being in this heat. 

He thinks a desk job sounds kinda good right now.

Texarkana_Piggie

I dread the first few weeks of school!  I'm am seriously praying or a very early fall.  Those first recesses are miserable.  If it is too hot we have to keep the kids in and they go nuts.  If we take them out it so unbearably hot even or 20 minutes.  Lord please give us an early fall. 

sevenof400

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on July 31, 2012, 10:34:53 pm
I dread the first few weeks of school!  I'm am seriously praying or a very early fall.  Those first recesses are miserable.  If it is too hot we have to keep the kids in and they go nuts.  If we take them out it so unbearably hot even or 20 minutes.  Lord please give us an early fall.

Not to mention (and how can I delicately phrase this) that elementary kids who are fresh in from a recess in 100+ degree heat aren't exactly........fresh.  If you know what I mean...

Me thinks we should hose them down as they come in from recess if the heat is 100+...

sevenof400

....by the way, I am officially blaming this unbearable stretch of heat on TB for her quantity of anti-cold rants.  I am thinking she has a clear line to God and he listened (too well) to her....

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: sevenof400 on August 01, 2012, 09:38:36 am

Not to mention (and how can I delicately phrase this) that elementary kids who are fresh in from a recess in 100+ degree heat aren't exactly........fresh.  If you know what I mean...

Me thinks we should hose them down as they come in from recess if the heat is 100+...

yes they flat out stink.  no nice way to put it.  luckily ours go into lunch from recess so they do have about 30 minutes to cool down before they come back to the room. 

True Believer

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on August 01, 2012, 05:24:38 pm

yes they flat out stink.  no nice way to put it.  luckily ours go into lunch from recess so they do have about 30 minutes to cool down before they come back to the room. 

I use to buy my kid's teachers potpourri as gifts for their desks.  They do stink!!!!  And the stinkiest always wants to hang around the teacher's desks. 

Cloud cover here.  Possible chance for rain.   Not in the 100's.  Woo hoo!!!

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: True Believer on August 02, 2012, 07:11:42 am
Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on August 01, 2012, 05:24:38 pm

I use to buy my kid's teachers potpourri as gifts for their desks.  They do stink!!!!  And the stinkiest always wants to hang around the teacher's desks. 

Cloud cover here.  Possible chance for rain.   Not in the 100's.  Woo hoo!!!

well, we used to use plug ins, but the fire marshall nixed that.  so now i just use a lot of oust, febreeze and those old renuzit air fresheners. 

True Believer

Our teachers tried that and got the same spill about the plug ins.

Gas masks are out too.

fastdrop

poor thing .... lol

sevenof400

Quote from: True Believer on August 02, 2012, 09:16:19 pm
Our teachers tried that and got the same spill about the plug ins.

Gas masks are out too.

From the surviving youth BO playbook:
Crank the air conditioner as low as you can.
Always teach upwind of the herd....

True Believer

LOL.....good advice!!!!

I always feel sorry for the bus drivers the first of school too.   Those buses are like 10000 degrees on those August and Sept days. 

Texarkana_Piggie

I keep my air conditioning set low.  Only thing about staying upwind is that kindergarteners like to hug their teachr.  Especially when they are hot and sweaty after recess

DogsWin7

cloud cover and 85................ 8)

DogsWin7

81 and a cool breeze of the early morn.  aaahhhhh, football season is in the air!  Yippee!!!!

HorseFeathers

68 degrees this morning in Hector...supposed to be 102 tomorrow though..

True Believer

Sat outside last night and it was lovely!   

DogsWin7

El Nino is coming back.... :-\  Forecasters predict a very bad and cold winter. :-[

True Believer

Hope everyone is enjoying this cool weather.  Messed up  my pontoon plans.

Break out the hot chocolate Ethel.  It's 68 degrees up here. 

DogsWin7

Not to hot for the 1st day of school!   In the 80's for now...

School was started to teach kids how to read the bible, and now no bible allowed, sad imo.   Prayers to all the kids, teachers and staff!  Have a Great Year!

Billyo62

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 20, 2012, 02:31:30 pm

School was started to teach kids how to read the bible, and now no bible allowed, sad imo.   Prayers to all the kids, teachers and staff!  Have a Great Year!

Where in the wild wild world of sports did you get that?

DogsWin7

August 20, 2012, 04:38:14 pm #176 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 08:10:01 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: Billyo62 on August 20, 2012, 02:33:28 pm

Actually it didn't come from sports which is some guys most important subject it comes from History.   

I found this article to help you understand but still not the exact one I wanted......I'll keep looking but this should help

True Believer

Quote from: Billyo62 on August 20, 2012, 02:33:28 pm

I'm sure someone from  Missouri said it.

DogsWin7

67 degrees and super nice! 

TB,  How did you guess, I am from the New England Horace Mann colonies of Mizzu! lol............ ;D.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 16, 2012, 04:24:48 pm
El Nino is coming back.... :-\  Forecasters predict a very bad and cold winter. :-[

Awesome....lol My wife will hate it, but maybe it'll kill some grasshoppers and the other bugs...

DogsWin7

August 23, 2012, 11:51:09 am #180 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 08:10:20 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: HF on August 23, 2012, 10:58:04 am

Awesome....lol My wife will hate it, but maybe it'll kill some grasshoppers and the other bugs...

yep, when we don't have a very cold winter there is always more bugs! ;D

Tropical Storm Isaac...........on the move.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 23, 2012, 11:51:09 am

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2012/08/22/tropical-storm-isaac-poses-potential-threat-for-republican-national-convention/

Don't have to tell me..lol...my yard has been green all year, with grasshoppers. Step off of the front porch and my yard looks like it's taking flight lol..

Billyo62

Quote from: HF on August 23, 2012, 03:58:48 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 23, 2012, 11:51:09 am

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2012/08/22/tropical-storm-isaac-poses-potential-threat-for-republican-national-convention/

Don't have to tell me..lol...my yard has been green all year, with grasshoppers. Step off of the front porch and my yard looks like it's taking flight lol..

No doubt, it is the year of the grasshopper!

Brian G

Actually, it's the year of the armadillo as they are tearing up yards(looking for grubs) in record numbers.

Billyo62

Quote from: B.G. on August 23, 2012, 05:38:30 pm
Actually, it's the year of the armadillo as they are tearing up yards(looking for grubs) in record numbers.

Hard shelled possums don't come in my yard!  ;)

HorseFeathers

Get some dogs(or as my wife does every stray people offer her it seems)...and a couple cats, that'll take care of the armadillos. OR you could invest in a good .22.

Brian G

It's unreal.  They do it during the night and it's awful.  The best thing is to try and spray the ground to kill the worms they feed or with an aroma that scares them.

Armadillo's have no natural predator left.  They fear wolves and the like, but the wolves don't bother with them.

Texarkana_Piggie

it has actually not been bad at recess this week.  the worst part is they are putting a new roof on the school and the whole place reeks of hot tar.

True Believer

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 21, 2012, 08:22:05 am

TB,  How did you guess, I am from the New England Horace Mann colonies of Mizzu! lol............ ;D.

LOL...good guess for me.

It's been gently raining here all day.  It's been wonderful!!!!

DogsWin7

August 25, 2012, 04:46:50 pm #189 Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 04:51:53 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: True Believer on August 25, 2012, 04:36:08 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 21, 2012, 08:22:05 am

LOL...good guess for me.

It's been gently raining here all day.  It's been wonderful!!!!

I'm just kidding you TB. I can't lie - had a history prof. that loved to talk all day about Horace Mann and the New England colonies hence the educational bit about how schools got started. ;)   I am as Ark"E"ansas as it gets and you better Thank God that Posts & typing doesn't have sound to hear my accent! ;D   

Agree about the Weather it has been WONDERFUL!!!!!!!   

True Believer

Hmmmm..........looks like next weekend we might be getting some rain.

Prayers for those wherever Issac hits. 

Brian G

Good steady rain here in Fayetteville for the past 2 hours. 

DogsWin7

August 26, 2012, 01:38:33 pm #192 Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 01:41:01 pm by DiehardFBfan
No rain here, just cloud cover and 87 degrees.

Stupid Hurricane postponing the Republican Convention........ 

Texarkana_Piggie

we got a little bit of rain about an hour ago.  it was nice!

DogsWin7

Got a little rain late last night!   Finally, I thought I was going to get cheated!

Prayers to all the one's going to be in the way of the Hurricane! 

Texarkana_Piggie

man it was nasty outside at recess and dismissal today.  the temp wasn't all that bad but dang, it was so flipping humid.  guess we're getting effects from the hurricane already. 

HorseFeathers

supposed to be down in the 80's towards teh end of this week...that's going to be nice!

DogsWin7

Stupid Hurricane is trying to rain on my football games!!!!! >:(

Billyo62

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 28, 2012, 03:21:11 pm

I think folks are overeacting to the weather, maybe in south Arkansas it could be an issue but really!

DogsWin7

Quote from: Billyo62 on August 28, 2012, 03:30:44 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 28, 2012, 03:21:11 pm

I think folks are overeacting to the weather, maybe in south Arkansas it could be an issue but really!

I take it you are young, and if a game is rescheduled no big deal right?  Well, too us DiehardFBfans it is aggravating.  I have been counting down to kick off since last November!!!!!    ;D  I'm not to upset though ;) :) 

Hate the Hurricane really for all the people who have had to evacuate their homes and are worried about what can happen like a few years ago.   Football is Football.  It can be played anytime.  I keep it real. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas