• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 3A ALL STATE

Started by Brian G, March 21, 2014, 04:50:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

March 21, 2014, 04:50:04 pm Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:12:09 pm by B.G.
Laquirus Hall Barton
Parker Robertson Bismarck
Garrett Parson Cedarville
Tanner Brunt Centerpoint
Matt Lim Centerpoint
Andrew Smith Charleston
Matthew Ward Charleston
Corey Garrett Earle
Walker Fallen Elkins
Brenton White Elkins
Allie Freeman Episcopal Collegiate
Mahlon Martin Episcopal Collegiate
Kelvin Robinson Episcopal Collegiate
Spencer Politte Flippin
Ariyon Sumlin Fordyce
Hayden Mathews Harding Academy
Austin Hill Harmony Grove, Camden
Daniel McCarley Lamar
Scott Eubanks Manila
Floyd Fisher Mansfield
J.P. Perry Mayflower
Tracy Lawson McGehee
Kyler McLaughlin Melbourne
Tanner Holt Mountain View
Tamas Bruce Osceola
Ricardo Roberts Prescott
Marquez Chew Rivercrest
Kirklan Pettis Riverview
Brandon Hampton Rose Bud
Jordan Jones Smackover
Keeton Tennison Valley Springs
Josh Bailey West Fork

Alexus Washington Bald Knob
Abby Webb Bergman
Logan Oestreich Bismarck
Bailie Murphy Cedarville
Laiken Sorrells Centerpoint
Brooke Wright Centerpoint
Becca Young Corning
Savannah Hodges Danville
Cierra Gardner Drew Central
Skylar Johnson Elkins
Andrea Wilson Elkins
Gia Hayes eStem
Olivia McWilliams eStem
Hannah Davis Flippin
Alyssa English Fordyce
Lacie Hulse Fordyce
Deidra McCoy Fountain Lake
Bailey Everett Genoa Central
Anna Rogers Greenland
Riley Rose Harding Academy
Kellie Lampo Jessieville
Lindy Hignite Lamar
Kirsten Adcock Manila
Emily Cook Manila
Shakyla Begnaud McGehee
Kennedy Cooper Melbourne
Christa Huber Paris
Lycia Peevy Paris
Da'Monique Brown Rivercrest
Erykah Johns Riverview
Meg Meachum Riverview
Payton Tennison Valley Springs

Brian G

winnersnomatterwhat

It is my understanding that the coach from their on team recommends who he wonts chosen to be all conf. All stae and all Tournament.  With that being said how do we know if a play is set so that person will be top scorer? I don't understand how coaches make a choice like that when there is other talent

Brian G

Whew, for a minute there I thought the complaints where going to miss this thread.

winnersnomatterwhat

Is what I stated not a fact?? If it's not delete it!

athletic supporter

This list has no validity. Floyd Fisher from Mansfield is the coach. He can't be an all state player. Then Andrew Smith from Charleston is listed as an all state player on both the girls and boys teams.

Brian G

March 23, 2014, 10:11:40 pm #6 Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:14:04 pm by B.G.
Quote from: athletic supporter on March 23, 2014, 10:07:04 pm
This list has no validity. Floyd Fisher from Mansfield is the coach. He can't be an all state player. Then Andrew Smith from Charleston is listed as an all state player on both the girls and boys teams.
The Smith one is a cut and paste error.  I will fix that part.

As for the coach, I bet that gets fixed but it comes from the list from the AAA.

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/BB_AllState_2014.pdf

TheOfficial

Also Flippin girls didn't even make it to state so how could this be an all tournament list?

Brian G

Quote from: TheOfficial on March 24, 2014, 11:28:37 am
Also Flippin girls didn't even make it to state so how could this be an all tournament list?
IT"S NOT AN ALL-TOURNAMENT LIST

Iprefertostayanonymous

March 26, 2014, 07:21:41 am #9 Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 07:23:15 am by Iprefertostayanonymous
In my opinion, this list isn't worth the paper it is printed on.  Only players who actually played in the State Tournament should even be considered for an "All-State" recognition.

Brian G

Quote from: Iprefertostayanonymous on March 26, 2014, 07:21:41 am
In my opinion, this list isn't worth the paper it is printed on.  Only players who actually played in the State Tournament should even be considered for an "All-State" recognition.
That's called All-Tournament.  Geez.

DogsWin7

New poster= Lack of Comprehension Skills.   Lol!!  :)

Welcome to Fearless!   

Iprefertostayanonymous

March 26, 2014, 11:00:57 am #12 Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 11:40:55 am by Iprefertostayanonymous
I am not new to FF, been here a while, just never felt the need to post, and for the record my comprehension is just fine.  I know it is not an All-Tournament list, in which case I re-state my point that only players who actually played in said tournament should qualify for the honor! 

DogsWin7

Quote from: Iprefertostayanonymous on March 26, 2014, 11:00:57 am
I am not new to FF, been here a while, just never felt the need to post, and for the record my comprehension is just fine.  I know it is not an All-Tournament list, in which case I re-state my point that only players who actually played in said tournament should qualify for the honor!

Oh....I'm terribly sorry.     

I assumed, since it said you registered 2 days ago, you were new.      I was only playing.  :)

SNWA

So basically you are saying that a player that averages a double- double every night and leaves that school as the #1 scorer in school history but plays in a very tough conference and does not have the teammates to compete should not have the chance to make all-state. Once again this honor has nothing to do with the state tournament. That is why there is an all-state tournament team. In the NFL there is an MVP for the regular season and a superbowl mvp.  Same in all other sports.

Iprefertostayanonymous

I agree with you point to an extent and if the players with the best overall stats were the ones selected all would be ok in my opinion.  But I am positive there are more than a few players listed who do not fall into that category, and that's what I have the problem with.  No offense to any of them, I have seen some of them play I am sure they all contributed to their respective teams very much, it just seems to me to be more of a "popularity" list and not based on actual achievements.  I will drop the subject, it's not that important in the grand scheme of things, was just making an observation.

razordank42

WOW NO JAY TRUSTY FROM DANVILLE??? HE ONLY LED THE CONF IN 27 POINTS A GAME!!!! ...

GETS BOXED AND 1 ALL GAME GETS PICKED UP FACE GUARDED SOON AS HE GETS OFF THE BUS BY EACH TEAM AND DOES NOT GET PICKED AS ALL STATE???

WPWells

Who was he better than?

Matthew Ward? Nope best player in the conference hands down

Andrew Smith? Nope best post in the conference hands down

Daniel McCarley? Nope best player on the second best team

Calm down bro

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: winnersnomatterwhat on March 23, 2014, 09:50:31 am
It is my understanding that the coach from their on team recommends who he wonts chosen to be all conf. All stae and all Tournament.  With that being said how do we know if a play is set so that person will be top scorer? I don't understand how coaches make a choice like that when there is other talent
maybe you will make it next year.

Longfellow

If this was an all-state list for best floppers, Jay Trusty would be at the top of the list

razordank42

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on April 02, 2014, 11:06:05 am
Who was he better than?

Matthew Ward? Nope best player in the conference hands down

Andrew Smith? Nope best post in the conference hands down

Daniel McCarley? Nope best player on the second best team

Calm down bro

just saying his stats dont lie think he got shafted by bunch of coaches in 3a....b/c of the way he gets guarded night in and night out by all the teams in the conf except for maybe charelston. and still finds way to put up stats..not just points but steals, rebounds and assit..all teams guard him like he the best player on the court.

razordank42

Quote from: Longfellow on April 03, 2014, 08:57:24 pm
If this was an all-state list for best floppers, Jay Trusty would be at the top of the list

lol haters gonna hate.....STATS DONT LIE BRO

winnersnomatterwhat

Again it's all in who the coach wants to be the top scorer to be that being a problem in that school. Everyone just sit back and watch how it's run. Pitiful is all I can say. By the way I don't play basketball but I do watch!

Chalant

Quote from: winnersnomatterwhat on April 04, 2014, 02:05:59 pm
Again it's all in who the coach wants to be the top scorer to be that being a problem in that school. Everyone just sit back and watch how it's run. Pitiful is all I can say. By the way I don't play basketball but I do watch!

Here is how it works. A player can be nominated by any coach in the conference not just their own coach. The coaches then vote on who gets nominated. It is not based just on who scores the most, that is typically a parent mentality which you have. There are several things that people who understand the sport look for besides that. Coaches are not supposed to discuss what takes place in these meeting and if they did they would lose the trust of the other coaches in their conference. Also 3A basketball only gets 4 players to make all-state per conference while football gets several more and volleyball gets at least 8 per conference. This is not pee wee soccer, only the very best get all state.

Regarding blaming the coach for the play calling. I know a family that lives somewhere in the river valley area that is basically saying the same thing. The odd thing is their kid led the team in shot attempts.  Ask yourself this, has one person agreed with you in this post? How about being happy for the kids that earned it. Sometimes a very talented kid gets left off for many reasons such as - many talented players in the conference, many talented players on the same team (like it or not, coaches are reluctant to give 1 team too many all state players), they might be an underclassmen that is not clearly better than a Sr., attitude, the success or lack of success of a team and so on.

Instead of looking to place blame, how about you tell your kid to become so good none of the above factors can keep them from making it? I would lay down money that the coach does not have it out for your kid/grand kid/niece or nephew and intentionally left them out. Most coaches I know tend to like all-state caliber players.

akbballer

Quote from: Longfellow on April 03, 2014, 08:57:24 pm
I actually agree with you. He seems to be mopping the floor on his own more than anyone I saw. Is he originally from Lincoln?

HawgDaddy

This is how it works in the 3A-1 East conference.  A coach nominates players for All-State, then the coaches rank the players in order from 1-10.  The four players with the lowest combined scores are All-State players.   A player can be nominated by his coach and not be selected by the other coaches in the league.  Generally, coaches don't select headcases, bad attitudes, or general malcontents as All-State players.  If a junior and senior are tied or close, sometimes the senior gets the nod.  Your All-State players are generally the 4 most respected players in the league.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas