• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GCT Job

Started by baller334, March 23, 2018, 07:50:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

baller334

Has anyone heard who's in the running for the boys job?

Eagle20

Quote from: baller334 on March 23, 2018, 07:50:21 pm
Has anyone heard who's in the running for the boys job?
Where did Coach Guiot go?

4real

How many coaches in how many years since Scotty left GCT?

baller334

Quote from: Eagle20 on March 23, 2018, 11:18:14 pm
Where did Coach Guiot go?

I'm not sure, just heard they were looking for another coach.

4real

Ten years ago they had a little gold mine ran by the Greene county mafia, now it's a rotating door.  Shame too, I know they love some hoops in that community and what a wonderful facility

CoachEagleCat

Bill Taylor! He's 5 minutes down the road. Go get him. It will be crazy around there again like when Bowlin was there.

godeep

The wheels fell off after Bowlin left. He was the right guy for that program. It will never be like it was with Bowlin.   

Peaches101

Bill Taylor WILL BE THE NEXT GCT BOYS COACH, wait and see, unless he changes his mind!! But he could be there before school is even over.

OB11

Taylor to GCT would not surprise me at all.

Redwolves8526

Would Gross or Whitmire leave for this job?

OB11

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on April 02, 2018, 10:06:27 am

Did either of them want it the last time it was open? I can't see either of them leaving but who knows?

Informant

I wouldn't think either would leave their post.  Whitmire has his core coming back and has Felkins for two more seasons.  Gross could leave I suppose.  Brookland will struggle to make regional tournament not to mention state.

CoachEagleCat

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on April 02, 2018, 10:06:27 am

Whitmire will die on the sidelines at Warrior Gym.

Gross next stop will be full time admin.

If I'm GCT I'm calling Wimberley at Manila. He knows the 5A-East from when he was at Wynne with Gross. He was also coached by Scott Bowlin. He would be an A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ hire.

Moonshiner

How about a different Taylor?  Johnny Basketball. 

Redwolves8526

Any happenings on this opening?

4real

So, is Scotty back???

chifan

Any news on this? I still haven't heard from any credible source that there is an opening...

CoachEagleCat

Quote from: chifan on June 11, 2018, 11:13:13 am
Any news on this? I still haven't heard from any credible source that there is an opening...

Boys job never came open. Girls job is now open with Coach Harding being hired in administration. Word is that Matt Dean will be taking over.

chifan

Quote from: CoachEagleCat on June 11, 2018, 02:38:22 pm
Boys job never came open. Girls job is now open with Coach Harding being hired in administration. Word is that Matt Dean will be taking over.

Matt Dean has already been named head girls' basketball coach. It was confirmed Friday by the AD (Harding).

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas