• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Springdale Showdown Recap

Started by 4th and Inches, September 26, 2009, 04:03:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

4th and Inches

September 26, 2009, 04:03:18 pm Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 04:25:45 pm by 4th and Inches
Not much posted about this game before or after so I thought I'd put my two cents in.

Many predicted a close game and it was not as Har-Ber rolled to a 29-3 victory.

Har-Ber's offense utilized a heavier rushing attack which seemed to catch the Bulldogs off-guard.  They passed enough to keep running the ball effectively the entire game.  More importantly they protected the ball much better than they have in previous games.  Pretty smooth and consistent offensive game for Coach Wood and the Wildcats.

Springdale could not move the ball on the ground and were held to -11 yards rushing for the game.  They had to rely on their air attack, and Har-Ber's secondary initially had some trouble in pass coverage. However, after the Bulldogs scored their only points via a first half field goal they never could put together a solid drive.  Springdale gave up 3 sacks (1 for a safety when Calcagni was pushed out of the back of the endzone) and Calcagni was knocked to the ground after almost every pass which eventually took its toll and made for a very weak second half performance from the Bulldog offense.

Har-Ber's defense has looked great all season and did not disappoint in the conference opener.  They are big, fast, and physical and will be very hard to gameplan against in the upcoming weeks.  Even with the loss of key wideout Josh McKinney for 4-6 weeks Har-Ber's offense still has plenty of play makers and will be a challenge to contain.  Springdale needs to revise their gameplan after a tough cross town rivalry conference loss.  I see them finishing low to middle of the pack for the 7A West if nothing changes.

NameTaken

Quote from: 4th and Inches on September 26, 2009, 04:03:18 pm
Not much posted about this game before or after so I thought I'd put my two cents in.

Many predicted a close game and it was not as Har-Ber rolled to a 29-3 victory.

Har-Ber's offense utilized a heavier rushing attack which seemed to catch the Bulldogs off-guard.  They passed enough to keep running the ball effectively the entire game.  More importantly they protected the ball much better than they have in previous games.  Pretty smooth and consistent offensive game for Coach Wood and the Wildcats.

Springdale could not move the ball on the ground and were held to -11 yards rushing for the game.  They had to rely on their air attack, and Har-Ber's secondary initially had some trouble in pass coverage. However, after the Bulldogs scored their only points via a first half field goal they never could put together a solid drive.  Springdale gave up 3 sacks (1 for a safety when Calcagni was pushed out of the back of the endzone) and Calcagni was knocked to the ground after almost every pass which eventually took its toll and made for a very weak second half performance from the Bulldog offense.

Har-Ber's defense has looked great all season and did not disappoint in the conference opener.  They are big, fast, and physical and will be very hard to gameplan against in the upcoming weeks.  Even with the loss of key wideout Josh McKinney for 4-6 weeks Har-Ber's offense still has plenty of play makers and will be a challenge to contain.  Springdale needs to revise their gameplan after a tough cross town rivalry conference loss.  I see them finishing low to middle of the pack for the 7A West if nothing changes.

What happened to McKinney?

4th and Inches

Broke his collarbone on a spectacular 30+ yard diving catch in the 3rd quarter.

spurrr

Knew Springdale's D line had a hole or two but I expected them to fare better.

osceola

This game was not as close as the score indicated. No Springdale team is going to run it up on the other. It could have easily been 42-3. It is obvious the Red Dogs miss KJ, and his staff did not seem to make many adjustments at halftime. It is hard to complete many passes when your QB is running away from the receivers. Springdale will have to put the Har-Ber loss behind them, and get ready for next week. Har-Ber will have to adjust to some key losses.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas