• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

El Dorado Wildcats

Started by 79Cat, May 15, 2009, 01:07:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gatecrasher

Please do. It appears one of our teams will be preseason #1. And now that you mention it yalls OL and DL looked worn out against us. Light years different from the game against Lake Hamilton.

dh28

we have teams in 6a that will give 7a all they want and before long we wont have to wonder anymore. from what ive read , 7a and 6a joining

gatecrasher

Nobody wants to listen. It's like the AFL-NFL thing back in the day. They said the NFL was unbeatable...until the Jets whipped the Colts in Super Bowl III....and the next year Kansas City did the same to Minnesota. The smack all of a sudden ceased after that....

dh28

ive been reading on the posts on here about 6a and 7a and texas high school football .first i want to say is arkansas high school football is on a rise, are kids are just as talented as any others in the state of texas they just has more to chose from , for example take wm, eldo,lh,ahs,make a team and go play any school in texas or take 7a west teams combine them if you dont think you cant play with the teams from texas your just not right . 6a south and 7a west has been where the best football has been played in the state between the 2 big conf and the comp level is there .

zebradynasty

Went to the spring game tonight and here is my take on the Z's:

*WR's Not near as talented as last year has some speed but need another wr to step up besides Frasier.

*RB never a problem for PB and next year no different. Speed and quickness shown by several RB's. Need to work on pass blocking.

*OL more depth than last year not a huge line but will need to really work over the summer to looks like they have at least 8-10 line that can play.

*DL could be a strength. Has size and a little depth.

*LB/CB Fast but inexperence also has a few headhunters. Was not impressed with LB's

*QB Claude will have to work hard this summer to get on the same page with his wr's. It will be hard to duplicate last year cause I don't see a lot of talent at wr. Collins (4.3-4.4) is a dangerous at flanker.

Oh and there was between 60-65 kids dressed out! Overall the Z's are athletic but not as explosive as last year. Team speed is very good and they are in pretty good shape and disciplined. That being said I would NOT rank them as preseason #1. This group will need to come together and may struggle early but can become tough by season end. For what's worth that's my take for next season.

gatecrasher

Well like it or not one of us will be #1 to open the season. Based on Claude Johnson it will probably be you guys. The pundits will say that we graduated two all-state RBs and that someone will have to step up.

SavedbyGrace

May 30, 2009, 06:07:29 am #56 Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 06:13:01 am by SavedbyGrace
I really don'yt care, but being from Bryant I will say this from playing in the 7A.  Instead of talking smack on this board, then tell your coach that you want some of the "big boys."  Your coach needs to schedule  southside, Bentonville, Evangel Christian, Tyler TX, South Panola and some of these other non-conference teams.  This would only make you guys better, and I bet Williams would love a shot at ELDO or Pine Bluff.  Stop mouthing on the board and get busy making the schedule.  Until you beat those teams then you can earn some respect.  Tell Reed and BB to work out a 2 yr. deal playing against Bryant.  Just remember though, you have to come to Bryant one of those years.   LOL!!!

gatecrasher

We are in the process of upgrading our nonconference schedule. We will keep Camden Fairview (big rival and big gate revenue-10,000+ every time they go to El Do). But what I have been told Reed wants two top NC teams on the schedule. And you may wanna be careful...if this idiotic "merger" (they should just put 7A and 6A back the way it was) goes through then YOU GUYS will be on our schedule. Personally I enjoyed some of our battles over the years.

powerlifter90

Quote from: SavedbyGrace on May 30, 2009, 06:07:29 am
I really don'yt care, but being from Bryant I will say this from playing in the 7A.  Instead of talking smack on this board, then tell your coach that you want some of the "big boys."  Your coach needs to schedule  southside, Bentonville, Evangel Christian, Tyler TX, South Panola and some of these other non-conference teams.  This would only make you guys better, and I bet Williams would love a shot at ELDO or Pine Bluff.  Stop mouthing on the board and get busy making the schedule.  Until you beat those teams then you can earn some respect.  Tell Reed and BB to work out a 2 yr. deal playing against Bryant.  Just remember though, you have to come to Bryant one of those years.   LOL!!!

the way it's looking, Byrant may be playing Eldo in conference for a few years........

SavedbyGrace

May 30, 2009, 11:02:10 am #59 Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 11:14:43 am by SavedbyGrace
Sounds good to me!!!!!  I would actually but a ticket to see ELDO vs. Southside or Bentonville.  Don't give me that North Little Rock bull as an upgrade.  Camden to me is not an upgrade.  Schedule Barry Lunney and I will say you are upgrading your schedule.  I would hate to be in the same conference ecause of Benton.  This is our money maker and we really don't want Benton as a conference game if at all possible.  Conference titles are a mute point now and everyone is going to the playoffs with this merger. 

gatecrasher

Well Camden ain't going anywhere. Big regional rival. I would love to see our series with SS renewed. And I would love to get some semblance of payback from Bentonville for 2001. That was a tough loss in WMS

powerlifter90

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on May 30, 2009, 11:27:56 am
Well Camden ain't going anywhere. Big regional rival. I would love to see our series with SS renewed. And I would love to get some semblance of payback from Bentonville for 2001. That was a tough loss in WMS

I wouldn't consider the 01 SS loss a "tough loss".  I mean it was heartbreaking to over achieve like Eldo did in the playoffs, but considering you were 5-5 or something like that during the regular season you probably shouldn't have been there anyway.  That, in itself is a good argument FOR the new "everybody makes it" playoff system.  Playoffs are an entirely different season and anyone can beat anyone...........

If Eldo wants to thump their chests about being able to play with the big boys you need to fill your non conf schedule with "quality" 7A teams. 

thebigshot

Phillip Landsdell is the new AD at El Dorado. Mike Bender retires after 2 years at El Dorado.

bleudog

Quote from: thebigshot on May 30, 2009, 12:46:54 pm
Phillip Landsdell is the new AD at El Dorado. Mike Bender retires after 2 years at El Dorado.

CLICK HERE

gatecrasher

We should have beaten Bentonville. We had beaten SS in the semifinals. Held them to 150 yds total offense. As a matter of fact we beat two no 1 teams to get to the championship. We did belong. Forget 5-5. We were on the verge of taking control of the title game early in the 3rd-had Scooter went for six and the lead instead of kicking the safe FG I believe we take over the game.

bleudog

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on May 30, 2009, 08:55:37 am
We are in the process of upgrading our nonconference schedule. We will keep Camden Fairview (big rival and big gate revenue-10,000+ every time they go to El Do). But what I have been told Reed wants two top NC teams on the schedule. And you may wanna be careful...if this idiotic "merger" (they should just put 7A and 6A back the way it was) goes through then YOU GUYS will be on our schedule. Personally I enjoyed some of our battles over the years.

All they've got to do is rethink the initials WM.

Head about 85 miles down the road to West Monroe.

gatecrasher

That would be great. We played them once before-in 1987. Beat them in OT. But that was before they became one of the nation's powerhouses.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on May 30, 2009, 01:45:41 pm
We should have beaten Bentonville. We had beaten SS in the semifinals. Held them to 150 yds total offense. As a matter of fact we beat two no 1 teams to get to the championship. We did belong. Forget 5-5. We were on the verge of taking control of the title game early in the 3rd-had Scooter went for six and the lead instead of kicking the safe FG I believe we take over the game.
if if if if if if if if if if

fastdrop

Quote from: QF© on May 30, 2009, 03:02:54 pm
Quote from: gatecrasherfan on May 30, 2009, 01:45:41 pm
if if if if if if if if if if

bleudog

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on May 30, 2009, 03:00:28 pm
That would be great. We played them once before-in 1987. Beat them in OT. But that was before they became one of the nation's powerhouses.

Weren't too many other wins that season though.

CLICK HERE

Would make sense to play Ruston on a regular basis again too.

redwolf143

Quote from: thebigshot on May 30, 2009, 12:46:54 pm

Mike is a good man and will be missed by the district.  Even though the decisions he was forced to make were the main reason I left I still found him to be an honest man.  I wish him well in retirement and hope Mrs. Bender gets to feelign better.

gatecrasher

Were you there QF? Not likely because of your elementary-like retort. If you were there you would know what I'm talking about. And bleudog-that would be two quality non-conference opponents. Same or better quality opponent without having to make a 4 hr drive to NWA. Of course West Monroe/Ruston is 3 hours from where I'm at but it would be worth the drive.

Billyo62

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on May 30, 2009, 04:53:31 pm
Were you there QF? Not likely because of your elementary-like retort. If you were there you would know what I'm talking about. And bleudog-that would be two quality non-conference opponents. Same or better quality opponent without having to make a 4 hr drive to NWA. Of course West Monroe/Ruston is 3 hours from where I'm at but it would be worth the drive.

Fort Zumwalt West Drives 6+ hours to Play Bentonville ( Last Year and again this Year ) it can be done if you want it to in order to play the best teams you can in non-con Games.

gatecrasher

You don't know too much about West Monroe do you? Twice USA Today national champion that I know of. I'm sure my friend can throw more information about them out.

gatecrasher

Tell me about Ft Zumwalt West.

Billyo62

May 30, 2009, 05:13:58 pm #75 Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 05:18:40 pm by Billyo62
Quote from: gatecrasherfan on May 30, 2009, 05:08:51 pm

They have a little over 2,000 Students and are from St. Louis and play 6A- Highest Class in MO ), Last year they Averaged 55 Points a game, Bentonville Beat them 28-21 ( Most Points BV gave up all year ), They had a QB that was AWESOME, Already committed to Missouri his Jr Year, He ran for 190 Yards and Threw for 200 yards Against Bentonville last year, his last name was Moe. 

Best Team We faced last year!

gatecrasher

bleudog

May 30, 2009, 05:26:26 pm #77 Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 05:30:14 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Billyo62 on May 30, 2009, 05:13:58 pm

They have a little over 2,000 Students and are from St. Louis and play 6A- Highest Class in MO ), Last year they Averaged 55 Points a game, Bentonville Beat them 28-21 ( Most Points BV gave up all year ), They had a QB that was AWESOME, Already committed to Missouri his Jr Year, He ran for 190 Yards and Threw for 200 yards Against Bentonville last year, his last name was Moe. 

Nov 07 Fri 7:30 PM Springdale Har-Ber (7A-West)* Lost 6-20

???

Calpreps thinks this battle for the boot would have been a good one (hypothetically that is):

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2008] Bentonville (AR) 21, [2008] West Monroe (LA) 20

Billyo62

May 30, 2009, 05:30:45 pm #78 Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 05:34:35 pm by Billyo62
Quote from: bleudog on May 30, 2009, 05:26:26 pm

Nov 07 Fri 7:30 PM Springdale Har-Ber (7A-West)* Lost 6-20 [/b] [/i]

???

Calpreps thinks this battle for the boot would be a good one:

CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

We lost ..But it wasn't the best team we played ..........Sorry!

bleudog

Quote from: Billyo62 on May 30, 2009, 05:30:45 pm

???

CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

Didn't mean to offend.  Was just wondering about the district loss.

My bigger point was that West Monroe and Bentonville seemed to be two teams at similar levels in 2008.

Billyo62

Quote from: bleudog on May 30, 2009, 05:48:07 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on May 30, 2009, 05:30:45 pm

???

CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

Didn't mean to offend.  Was just wondering about the district loss.

My bigger point was that West Monroe and Bentonville seemed to be two teams at similar levels in 2008.

No offence taken !  Har-Ber out played us in every way last year in that game.

They are the only team in the state of Arkansas that has beaten the BV Tigers the last 2 Years in the regular Season.

West Monroe ( 46 ) was ranked higher than any team in Arkansas including Bentonville( 58 ) according to Max-Preps so if they pick BV to win in a match up that's great.

Just for Gate ...El Dorado was ranked 504

gatecrasher

Hey there's a lot of prep football teams in the nation lol.

Billyo62

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on May 30, 2009, 06:05:53 pm
Hey there's a lot of prep football teams in the nation lol.

I know and it's just a poll, but I thought you would like it anyway!  ;D

powerlifter90

I don't know how far Dallas is from Eldo, it's 4.5 hours from here, probably about 5 by bus.  But how about Eldo picking up Dallas Carter or South Lake Carrol?  How about Shreveport Evangel or Ruston?  It's probably closer to those schools than any in NWA. 

Billyo62

Quote from: BUGEATERS on May 30, 2009, 07:01:58 pm
I don't know how far Dallas is from Eldo, it's 4.5 hours from here, probably about 5 by bus.  But how about Eldo picking up Dallas Carter or South Lake Carrol?  How about Shreveport Evangel or Ruston?  It's probably closer to those schools than any in NWA. 

A very good friend of Mine that I played Football and Basketball with in high school has had 2 Son's play for South Lake Carrol and I think his youngest is a senior this coming year,  That would be awesome.

As far as Distance goes Zum West is driving 6+ hours for the 2nd year in a row to play Bentonville..it can be done!

dh28

the best 7a team in ark couldn't play with Dallas carter or south lake carol find something alittle more reasonable .even the longveiw lobos aren't that far away and there not your normal high school football team .i believe one of the northwest ark schools played them some years ago .these schools has so much depth it doesn't matter about injuries. 7a or 6a dont have 2 or 3 deep in all postions as these tx teams so injuries are a Maine concern in non conf games

Billyo62

Quote from: dh28 on May 30, 2009, 07:19:59 pm
the best 7a team in ark couldn't play with Dallas carter or south lake carol find something alittle more reasonable .even the longveiw lobos aren't that far away and there not your normal high school football team .i believe one of the northwest ark schools played them some years ago .these schools has so much depth it doesn't matter about injuries. 7a or 6a dont have 2 or 3 deep in all postions as these tx teams so injuries are a Maine concern in non conf games

The best Teams in Arkansas May be able to play with the 2 schools you mentioned in the right year at the right time, but you are correct, Texas football is at a much higher level, there are at least 100 schools bigger than the biggest school in Arkansas , and talented kids move to schools near them that are powerhouses in Texas...  it's a different world, people in Arkansas think we play Great football, and we do but not at the level that Texas schools do, And please don't bring up individual players from Arkansas ...every state has a few great players... Texas has 100's.

gatecrasher

We played Tyler Lee in a home and home earlier this decade. Those teams featured Derek Farmer (Texas A&M, San Diego Chargers) and Matt Flynn (won that hand-me-down BCS title year b4 last; now Aaron Rodgers' backup in Green Bay). We played them well in El Do in 2000, losing 17-7. In 01 Flynn hit something like 23 of 30 for 325 and 3 TDs-we lost 34-14. In 2000 Fayetteville went to Marshall, TX and lost 53-0. And Texarkana gets pounded by Texas High even while winning back to back state titles. So our track record with Texas isn't all that great

bleudog

May 30, 2009, 08:11:01 pm #88 Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 08:53:52 pm by bleudog
Dallas is a long way to drive for a butt whoopin'.  Not just El Dorado but almost any team in Arkansas.

Here's the 2008 Louisiana playoff bracket. 

http://www.lhsaa.org/images/db_results/111-b.pdf

5A is their largest and each class has a 32 team bracket.  (none of this 16 team classification crap)

Here are the playoff teams and their power rating (another good thing) going into the playoffs that are within 100 miles or so of El Dorado :

5A
  1 West Monroe
  9 CE Byrd
24 Airline
  8 Ouachita Parish
15 Ruston

4A
  1 Bastrop
  9 Parkway
  5 Haughton
28 Pair Park
27 Bossier
  7 Neville
26 West Ouachita
  2 Benton
31 Minden

I do like that Longview Lobo idea if they want to make it a day trip.

dh28

thats true but ,it is not because the kids are more talented than ark they have a whole lote more to chose from tx population has us .we played tex tigers last year there high school has 2000 from what was told to me by a staff member from the tigers we have 2000 in are school

gatecrasher

Yall are playin them again this year aren't you?

dh28

gatecrasher

Might have to go to that one.

dh28

let me know we can car pool wed like to have you .

powerlifter90

Quote from: dh28 on May 30, 2009, 08:13:42 pm
thats true but ,it is not because the kids are more talented than ark they have a whole lote more to chose from tx population has us .we played tex tigers last year there high school has 2000 from what was told to me by a staff member from the tigers we have 2000 in are school

2000 is the size of Bentonville, Cabot, or NLR

dh28

2000 in ark 7a 10th 11th 12th /2000 in tx 4a 10th 11th 12th

powerlifter90

Quote from: dh28 on May 31, 2009, 10:36:13 am

huh?

Billyo62

Quote from: BUGEATERS on May 31, 2009, 11:05:39 am
Quote from: dh28 on May 31, 2009, 10:36:13 am

huh?

That's probably true, I don't think the largest school in Arkansas would even make the top 100 in Texas, not sure but they would probably be in the 3rd largest classification , which would be 4A in Texas ( Same as the 3rd largest in Arkansas , the 4A )

powerlifter90

Bentonville    2416
NLR              2321
Cabot           2078
Conway        2061
Central         1986 

Billyo62

May 31, 2009, 12:27:26 pm #99 Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 12:39:29 pm by Billyo62
Quote from: BUGEATERS on May 31, 2009, 12:10:35 pm
Bentonville    2416
NLR              2321
Cabot           2078
Conway        2061
Central         1986 

Somebody posted a list of the 125 biggest high schools in Texas on these boards, and I dont think 2,416 would have made the top 100.  if I remember right it was around #125 I think,, not sure though.

I found it- See Below if these Numbers are based on 9 thru 12, then Bentonville would be #48  not #125

Overall
1 Plano East 5,852
2 Plano 5,215
3 Dallas Skyline 5,121
4 Allen 4,837
5 Elsik 4,516
6 Hastings 4,274
7 Plano West 4,229
8 North Shore 4,216
9 Nimitz 4,007
10 Odessa 3,951
11 Cypress Springs 3,932