• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

El Dorado Wildcats

Started by 79Cat, May 15, 2009, 01:07:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

79Cat

Looked pretty sharp the two days I saw them work out. The O is a little behind the D and it should with a new backfield in place. Taylor Reed looks really good--like a kid whose dad was a QB and taught him from an early age. If he can make the transition like he looks to naturally be doing from wideout he'll be fine. Jimmy Ford lined up at FB and lets say I'd hate to be on the other side when he lead blocks on any given Friday Night.

gatecrasher

I am sticking to my assertion that as long as Reed pans out at QB that we will be back in the championship game.  We'll be OK at the RB position. El Dorado always cranks out good backs. The D will be awesome.

Valleysports

Curious about something - Who were the head football coaches, at El Dorado, back about 6-20 yrs ago.

79Cat

1989 I think it was Russ Bechtelheimer.
Again, I THINK Donny Cox followed him.
After Cox :
Scooter Register
Jeff Williams
Butch Gray

Scott Reed

Gatecrasherfan would know for sure. I'm not 100% sure on Coach Bech and Cox. Likely I missed one or something.

The Cats are gonna be tough.

gatecrasher

Flip-flop Cox and Bechtelheimer. Cox left after the 1983 season. Bechtelheimer came on in 84 and went 5-6 his first season. In 1985-86 (my two years with them) we went 22-4 with b2b conference titles and trips to the semis both years.

gatecrasher

Correction: Cox left after the 82 season. Bechtelheimer was 5-6 with first round playoff exits in 83 and 84 before we took flight in 85.

transplant

I look forward to seeing the most recent edition in a few weeks.

gatecrasher

I feel this team can do something really special. We get Lake Hamilton and Texarkana down in El Dorado. Pine Bluff on the road will be a challenge but we will be ready. It's state championship or bust IMO.

xtremewildcat

Look at these numbers. Didn't ED have more students 17 years ago, when I moved here?

http://www.ahsaa.org/docs/Classification2010-2012.pdf

gatecrasher

El Do's population was 26,685 in 1981 when I moved there. It's 21,950 now.

79Cat

Scrimmage at the Stadium this afternoon starting at 5:00. Anticipated number of plays around 100 maybe more to get some of the sophomores-to-be some extra attention. Coach Reed has been really pleased at what he's seen out of them.

gatecrasher

Can you post an update later? I live in Hot Springs...not gonna be there lol.

redwolf143

Quote from: 79Cat on May 21, 2009, 11:42:49 am
Scrimmage at the Stadium this afternoon starting at 5:00. Anticipated number of plays around 100 maybe more to get some of the sophomores-to-be some extra attention. Coach Reed has been really pleased at what he's seen out of them.

Poor seniors, scrimmage the day before graduation that field will be torn up.

wildcatgreat

If you were keeping score the defence would have won, But the offence shined to.It was times when the back would break free for a long run 20 to 30 yards and some long touchdown passes. The defence delivered some hits and really didn't give up much.Other then some big plays but we looked pretty good today. 8)

gatecrasher

Who were the backs? And who is taking Taylor's place at WR now that he is playing QB?

realcatfan

May 23, 2009, 10:18:27 am #15 Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 10:22:16 am by realcatfan
Quote from: gatecrasherfan on May 22, 2009, 05:40:15 pm
Who were the backs? And who is taking Taylor's place at WR now that he is playing QB?

The backs appear to be James Ford, Cameron Mahone, Greg Roberson, and John Miles.  You will see Clay Murphy at WR of course who is returning.  Justin Carey, DeAndre Williams, Brandon Bilo, Jacobe McMurry, and two other Sophomores to be in Whitehead and Andreder will be competing for WR time.  It will be interesting to watch Wendell Thompson at WR as well, he appears to be a good athlete.  So, I guess I cannot give you the answer on who will replace Taylor at WR, but we have a number good athletes competing and one of them will step up.

bleudog

May 25, 2009, 09:06:17 pm #16 Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 03:47:30 pm by bleudog
Quote from: gatecrasherfan on May 21, 2009, 01:55:40 pm
Can you post an update later? I live in Hot Springs...not gonna be there lol.

For EDNT article on scrimmage:  CLICK HERE

Is there a Football website?
Where are these old coaches:
Roosevelt Turner
Jimmy Johnson
Todd Pettit
Butch Gray
Jay Vines
Darrell Smith

gatecrasher

Turner is new head coach at Augusta. Gray is DC at Marion. I do not know about the rest.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on May 26, 2009, 02:21:51 pm
Turner is new head coach at Augusta. Gray is DC at Marion. I do not know about the rest.

When did Turner get that job? And where is Augusta?

gatecrasher

Couple of months ago. And I think it's in the NE part of the state.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on May 26, 2009, 04:21:15 pm
Couple of months ago. And I think it's in the NE part of the state.

As you know, I am from Helena. But I don't know where Augusta is. I hope he does well. I still credit him for training my son. He lowered his forty time from a 4.68 to a 4.59. And he gained about 20 lbs.

gatecrasher

I'll find it on a map later. Now I wanna know. Lol.

powerlifter90

Ladies and gentlemen............ may I introduce to you

the NEW, self proclaimed favorite to win the state championship

and the fans that will take over where the WM* bunch left off..............  the

ELLLLLLLLLDOOOOOOORRRRRRRAAAAAAAADDDDOOOOOOOOOOO

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLDDDD CATS!!

gatecrasher

You're asanine. I have not come out and said "we're gonna win it." The closest I have come to saying it is that if our QB pans out I feel we can GET BACK TO WMS. I have said we can be the LIKELY preseason No 1. I have said that we are going to be good, that the kids have one goal for this season, and that they expect to win it all...that the bar has been raised. Now where in all that have I (or anyone else) proclaimed us state champions? Go find something constructive to do-build a Lego city or something-because it's apparent you have too much time on your hands. That leads to excessive drinking and drug use. Be careful bro :-)

True Believer

Sorry gate but that is what we are thinking as we read some El Do posts.  It has that bragadocious read to it.

Good luck to all in 2009.

gatecrasher

That's why I take things at face value. I don't read between the lines. We have a chance to do something special in 2009. I'll leave it at that. :-D

zebradynasty

Dude you have been chest bumping since the end of last season! You may not have came out and said it but certainly have said enough to lead one to believe that Elderado has 6A won for next season. We need not look up what you have posted a casual look at your Avatar that was changed months ago kinda gives it away!

gatecrasher

The perception disorder prevelant with recovering addicts is alive and well with Earth people on FF. Lol. Man I love this board! :-D

powerlifter90

but for those that don't know......... Eldo does give 2nd place rings.........

gatecrasher

powerlifter90

I'm just messin with you.........chill out

I know a coach that was on the staff of that 2nd place team.  He was at a school that recently went 5-65 over 7 years.  I "heard" he would tell his players, "If you want one of these you need to work harder"  as he pointed to his ring...........

fastdrop

They did not choke when they got that second place ring....lol...they earned it.

gatecrasher

I know. Hence the smiley at the end of my post...

powerlifter90

some guy from Rivals was on DTS this afternoon.  They were talkin about the PB QB.  According to them, PB will be the favorite to win 6A in 09

gatecrasher

If they only dress 25-30 like they did last year they won't. Count on it.

dh28

i with you gc on that one

gatecrasher

I ain't kidding-Junction City dressed more than PB did. I know we have been talking about depth in 6A-7A but 30 players ain't gonna win 6A.

powerlifter90

how in the heck does PB only dress out 25-30?  That's ridiculous........

but, Cabot only has 40 out for spring ball so I guess its not that far off. 

Billyo62

Quote from: BUGEATERS on May 28, 2009, 06:46:56 am
how in the heck does PB only dress out 25-30?  That's ridiculous........

but, Cabot only has 40 out for spring ball so I guess its not that far off. 

WOW-

That wouldn't happen in Bentonville, we have a handful of guys not there, and they all have GOOD reasons, but basically it's the entire team, It's not optional!

zebradynasty

May 28, 2009, 10:04:31 am #41 Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 10:07:51 am by zebradynasty
Quote from: gatecrasherfan on May 27, 2009, 10:21:14 pm

Those stripes can fool you and be hard to count PB dressed out nearly 60 players last year! Only one or two players played both ways and that was cause they were that talented not because they had to! I can assure you without a doubt PB had way more than 30 players dress out last year!

Scorp

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on May 27, 2009, 09:48:06 am
You're asanine. I have not come out and said "we're gonna win it." The closest I have come to saying it is that if our QB pans out I feel we can GET BACK TO WMS. I have said we can be the LIKELY preseason No 1. I have said that we are going to be good, that the kids have one goal for this season, and that they expect to win it all...that the bar has been raised. Now where in all that have I (or anyone else) proclaimed us state champions? Go find something constructive to do-build a Lego city or something-because it's apparent you have too much time on your hands. That leads to excessive drinking and drug use. Be careful bro :-)

Gate  -  you need to change this post to say that on the 6A board "you have not come out and said"...... because on the 7A board you said this.....

*** El Dorado can compete with anyone in 7A. Nobody in Arkansas, however, has any business in Texas trying to beat the better teams over there. Not even El Do. Not yet anyhow....I would put this year's team (likely pick to win 6A) or last year's team that peaked in November up against anyone in 7A West.  ***

If you're saying that this years Eldo team could waltz through the 7A, you're pretty much saying that  "we're gonna win it"

Like I said over on the 7A board.......  PB is probably going to be more than you can handle this year, let alone the 7A.

Billyo62

Quote from: Scorp on May 28, 2009, 10:16:55 am

Gate  -  you need to change this post to say that on the 6A board "you have not come out and said"...... because on the 7A board you said this.....

*** El Dorado can compete with anyone in 7A. Nobody in Arkansas, however, has any business in Texas trying to beat the better teams over there. Not even El Do. Not yet anyhow....I would put this year's team (likely pick to win 6A) or last year's team that peaked in November up against anyone in 7A West.  ***

If you're saying that this years Eldo team could waltz through the 7A, you're pretty much saying that  "we're gonna win it"

Like I said over on the 7A board.......  PB is probably going to be more than you can handle this year, let alone the 7A.

Scorp- he never gives any reasoning why he thinks ELDO can whip on any 7A team, he may name a player or two, I would love for them to face, Fayetteville, Har-Ber, Springdale, Rogers, Southside, Bentonville, and Northside  IN A ROW!    and thats just the West.

Oh- he did say he has seen Eldo play and they are great!

Scorp

Eldo will probably be competitive in 6A this year, but Tex, Wm, LH, PB, and several other 6A schools will also.   He needs to worry about the tough road ahead in the 6A instead of dreaming about trashing the 7A.  And predicting that Eldo is "close" to being able to hang with the "better teams" in Texas...... Well, that's just delusional !!

gatecrasher

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 28, 2009, 10:04:31 am

Those stripes can fool you and be hard to count PB dressed out nearly 60 players last year! Only one or two players played both ways and that was cause they were that talented not because they had to! I can assure you without a doubt PB had way more than 30 players dress out last year!
There were 60 the night yall came to El Dorado last year?  BS.....

gatecrasher

look putz...

Do not get on this board and make implications of what you think I may be saying. 

If I said it, you would have found it in black and white, word for word in one of my posts.

No "you're pretty much," or "you may as well be...." None of that.

People that know me (you don't) will tell you I do not imply anything. 

You're the one that's twisting my words in a feeble attempt to make yourself or your posts look better.  You're failing at it. Miserably. 

I did not say that we would "waltz" through 7A.  Looks like you did... 

I said we could play with anyone there and be competitive.

I also said that we could be the LIKELY favorite in 6A.  Do you know what that means?  It means "probable."  They may not be.  Frankly it makes no difference to me, or the players down there.  They have their one goal, and need no media or polls to outline it for them.

Go play Candy Land or something.....

Scorp

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on May 28, 2009, 05:53:25 pm

look putz...

Do not get on this board and make implications of what you think I may be saying. 

If I said it, you would have found it in black and white, word for word in one of my posts.

You're the one that's twisting my words in a feeble attempt to make yourself or your posts look better.  You're failing at it. Miserably. 

I also said that we could be the LIKELY favorite in 6A.  Do you know what that means?  It means "probable."  They may not be.  Frankly it makes no difference to me, or the players down there.  They have their one goal, and need no media or polls to outline it for them.

Putz ?   Had to dig deep for that one, did ya.

You for sure should not be accusing anyone of making "implications".  Most of your own posts are implying that Eldo will win the 6A and implying that Eldo can compete in the 7A and implying that Eldo can compete in Texas.  I really don't think you can deny that's what your intent was.

So don't tell any of us what we should, or should not read into your post's.

You submit a post and we'll decide for ourselves how we interpret what you're trying to make us believe.  That okay with you, Sparky?

gatecrasher

Quote from: Scorp on May 28, 2009, 06:50:50 pm
Quote from: gatecrasherfan on May 28, 2009, 05:53:25 pm

look putz...

Putz ?   Had to dig deep for that one, did ya.

You for sure should not be accusing anyone of making "implications".  Most of your own posts are implying that Eldo will win the 6A and implying that Eldo can compete in the 7A and implying that Eldo can compete in Texas.  I really don't think you can deny that's what your intent was.

So don't tell any of us what we should, or should not read into your post's.

You submit a post and we'll decide for ourselves how we interpret what you're trying to make us believe.  That okay with you, Sparky?

Sparky?

Talk about digging deep.....

My daughter came up with "putz."  She happened to be standing here earlier....so I just used it.

If it will make you feel better we can say I implied everything you said I did.  That OK with you?  I'll cater to your ego or whatever you're trying to stroke....

However, I know what I said. 

Therefore, in actuality, whether you think I said or meant, makes really no difference to me.

I love giving folks like you a hard time.  Not only does it increase my post count, my kids get a kick out of all this and I get a good idea of who I'm going to mess with when the real season actually begins.  But, i tend to stay on the 6A and 2A boards during the season so this may be the only time I get to do this......

zebradynasty

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on May 28, 2009, 05:43:15 pm
Quote from: zebradynasty on May 28, 2009, 10:04:31 am

There were 60 the night yall came to El Dorado last year?  BS.....

I did not attend that game so unless BB had some suspensions for that night I am telling you and everyone PB had nearly 60 players dress out last year! PB has never had a bunch of players going both ways. A weakness with last years team was depth on the offense and defensive lines. However, NO lineman played both ways. I am not questioning your ability to count but....I know that you don't have a JV team with only 30 playes!

That was last year I will give you my take on this years team after I watch the spring game tonight.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas