• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marion vs West Memphis '08

Started by 1teamedition0, July 14, 2008, 10:23:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1teamedition0

what does everyone expect will happen in the marion v wm game this year??

AllSmiles

*walks in thread*
*clears throat*

WHO DAT TALKIN' 'BOUT BEATIN' THEM DEVILS?! WHO DAT, WHO DAT!?

*walks out of thread*

Marionpats07™

hoopswatcher

Three weeks until first practice, three weeks of practice and then four games before the Marion/WM game.

A little premature-aren't we?

True Believer

Quote from: AllSmiles on July 14, 2008, 10:25:39 pm
*walks in thread*
*clears throat*

*walks out of thread*

:) :D ;D      M - A - R - I - O - N   what?   ;)

fastdrop

Quote from: hoopswatcher on July 15, 2008, 09:09:01 pm
Three weeks until first practice, three weeks of practice and then four games before the Marion/WM game.

You are probably still wearing the t-shirt from the last game....LOL...that says wait till next year.

AllSmiles

Quote from: True Believer on July 15, 2008, 09:19:01 pm
Quote from: AllSmiles on July 14, 2008, 10:25:39 pm
*walks in thread*
*clears throat*

*walks out of thread*

:) :D ;D      M - A - R - I - O - N   what?   ;)

:)

hoopswatcher

July 16, 2008, 06:26:40 pm #7 Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 06:32:57 pm by hoopswatcher
Quote from: fastdrop on July 15, 2008, 10:07:41 pm

You are probably still wearing the t-shirt from the last game....LOL...that says wait till next year.
No, I could be wearing  my Patriot basketball camp t shirt. In which my Pats are 3-1 againest your Debils.   ;D or it could be Patriot baseball t shirt in which the Pats have dominated your Debils over last few years ;D or could be wearing a Lady Pats softball or volleyball t shirt in which I dont think those two teams have ever lost to your Debils  ;D or I could be without a shirt all together(that is scary).  You can take your pick.

fastdrop

or it could be Patriot baseball t shirt in which the Pats have dominated your Debils this year......

LOL....Fixed that for you...because the year before we dominated.

money$$

:-X :-X :-X don't let anyone know that Barton a 3A school who didn't have a team last year beat WM in 7on7.yea they have their excuses  :'( :'( WM has been playing 7on7 for several years so surely Barton should't beat them no matter who they put on the field I'm sure those 7 won't be apart of the 11 playing against Marion and if the are Marion may have a chance

BK Fan

Quote from: hoopswatcher on July 16, 2008, 06:26:40 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on July 15, 2008, 10:07:41 pm

No, I could be wearing  my Patriot basketball camp t shirt. In which my Pats are 3-1 againest your Debils.   ;D or it could be Patriot baseball t shirt in which the Pats have dominated your Debils over last few years ;D or could be wearing a Lady Pats softball or volleyball t shirt in which I dont think those two teams have ever lost to your Debils  ;D or I could be without a shirt all together(that is scary).  You can take your pick.
Isn't this a football thread though?? ???

fastdrop

Quote from: money$$ on July 16, 2008, 10:03:15 pm
:-X :-X :-X don't let anyone know that Barton a 3A school who didn't have a team last year beat WM in 7on7.yea they have their excuses  :'( :'( WM has been playing 7on7 for several years so surely Barton should't beat them no matter who they put on the field I'm sure those 7 won't be apart of the 11 playing against Marion and if the are Marion may have a chance
no excuses....congrates on a 7 on 7 victory...good grief...when will we get to football season?????

Buedebilsfan

Quote from: 1teamedition0 on July 14, 2008, 10:23:04 pm

My debils will win again because they run the wingt.  Nobody can hold down my debils and the wingt. The wingt is the most explosive offense in Arkansas High School football. I just surpized Mcgee and my debils are the only teams to run the wingt. Everybody else is missing the boat on this one. Long live the WINGT.

fastdrop

Quote from: Buedebilsfan on July 16, 2008, 11:07:15 pm
Quote from: 1teamedition0 on July 14, 2008, 10:23:04 pm

My debils will win again because they run the wingt.  Nobody can hold down my debils and the wingt. The wingt is the most explosive offense in Arkansas High School football. I just surpized Mcgee and my debils are the only teams to run the wingt. Everybody else is missing the boat on this one. Long live the WINGT.
where did you find that red debil....LOL...I even slapped you.

True Believer

biggboy

debil debil debils lol yall ever heard of karma? u should kno better than start this talk this soon

hoopswatcher

Quote from: fastdrop on July 16, 2008, 08:55:08 pm
or it could be Patriot baseball t shirt in which the Pats have dominated your Debils this year......

LOL....Fixed that for you...because the year before we dominated.

Thanks one year out of last 20 I forgot about last year and you and I know why> He should've come to Marion to play, that is your fault.LOL

fastdrop

LOL...Thanks. and you are right about the 1 year in 20...maybe we will get 1 more in the next 20 but baseball is not looking to good for the Devils....not enough players.

back to the topic....this game will be much closer than last years....last year was just a fluke where everything we did was right and everything the Pats did was wrong...The Pats will be very hungry and will not want to be embarrased again.

hoopswatcher

Quote from: fastdrop on July 17, 2008, 07:54:07 pm
LOL...Thanks. and you are right about the 1 year in 20...maybe we will get 1 more in the next 20 but baseball is not looking to good for the Devils....not enough players.

back to the topic....this game will be much closer than last years....last year was just a fluke where everything we did was right and everything the Pats did was wrong...The Pats will be very hungry and will not want to be embarrased again.

Lets hope so, that game got ugly in a hurry. Your right I think it was a fluke, but Pats have to every game like its their last. Not enough players and talent not to. I know some of the younger players that took that beating dont want it to happen again.  Game will be a good one, great atmosphere, good for communities and big $ for schools. I just hope game doesnt loose some luster after last years outcome. I would like to see a game like the first one at WM. That may have been the best high school game and atmosphere I have personally watched.  Franklin was a beast, and he will be making plays at middle linebacker for HOGS this year. I saw him and Darcel over summer, Jerry has put on about 20 lbs of muscle and he looks like a mlbacker.

hoopswatcher

BTW, I have a Patriot t shirt for every sport, I am sure I have one that will fit you. Since yours is done playing we could use another diehard. But if you want to wait until Q is done, I will hook you up next summer. ;D

fastdrop

Quote from: hoopswatcher on July 17, 2008, 08:09:14 pm
BTW, I have a Patriot t shirt for every sport, I am sure I have one that will fit you. Since yours is done playing we could use another diehard. But if you want to wait until Q is done, I will hook you up next summer. ;D
hmmm.....I just can't go there. even though after this year most of the kids I will know will be playing for the Pats.

True Believer

Quote from: hoopswatcher on July 17, 2008, 08:07:00 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on July 17, 2008, 07:54:07 pm

Lets hope so, that game got ugly in a hurry. Your right I think it was a fluke, but Pats have to every game like its their last. Not enough players and talent not to. I know some of the younger players that took that beating dont want it to happen again.  Game will be a good one, great atmosphere, good for communities and big $ for schools. I just hope game doesnt loose some luster after last years outcome. I would like to see a game like the first one at WM. That may have been the best high school game and atmosphere I have personally watched.  Franklin was a beast, and he will be making plays at middle linebacker for HOGS this year. I saw him and Darcel over summer, Jerry has put on about 20 lbs of muscle and he looks like a mlbacker.

I saw Jerry up at the school at the end of the year.  I kept looking at him walking up to me and I honestly didn't recognize him until he spoke.  He is a great kid and we are all so proud of him.  I wish we had more like him and Darcel who are my "other sons".   

Oh and fastdrop, you  know your baby could come to Marion.   ;D

hoopswatcher

The invitation is always there. True and I would have your back. I will keep you a shirt and Pats fan application ready. Heck, I will even buy you a season pass for all Patriot events, two hot dogs, popcorn, coke and bag of skittles at every game.(thats what i get) ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SAY THE WORD.

True Believer

Gee fastdrop, I bet you don't get anything free at the Blue Devils game. 

fastdrop

I am afraid you will see me at some of the games this year....I have an offensive guard I have promised I would watch...I will be looking for the season pass for all Patriot events, two hot dogs, popcorn, coke and bag of skittles ....but I will pass on the Pats T-Shirts....thanks for the Offer.

I will do my best to only come when ya'll play the sisters of the poor....so....It will be a vistory and everybody will be HAPPY.

True Believer

No, if you want the hot dogs and the freebies, I think you should wear the Pats shirt too.

We won't tell anyone...lol.

And that offensive guard is a great kid.  Don't try to recruit him. 

fastdrop

Quote from: True Believer on July 17, 2008, 08:40:17 pm
No, if you want the hot dogs and the freebies, I think you should wear the Pats shirt too.

NO...I WILL NEVER WEAR A PATRIOT HAT OR T-SHIRT UNLESS.....I have grand kids that play there. =)

Marionpats07™

True Believer

Hope you can make it home to get those skittles a few times.

Especially for the "game".

hoopswatcher

July 17, 2008, 09:19:10 pm #29 Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:22:18 pm by hoopswatcher
 Only Sisters of the poor-I hate that for you. That means you wont get to see the Pats until week 5  ;D.We will be 4-0 by then. And a road game at that, cant get you into that one, your on your own, but I will still buy the vittles.

hoopswatcher

July 17, 2008, 09:25:21 pm #30 Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:27:23 pm by hoopswatcher
Quote from: fastdrop on July 17, 2008, 08:45:45 pm

NO...I WILL NEVER WEAR A PATRIOT HAT OR T-SHIRT UNLESS.....I have grand kids that play there. =)
You would look GREAT in a MARION MANIAC SHIRT.
Do I detect a friendly wager coming on?

I'm not scared if your not.

For your grandkids to play here would mean your son would wise up and move to Marion. How great would that be.

fastdrop

Quote from: hoopswatcher on July 17, 2008, 09:19:10 pm
Only Sisters of the poor-I hate that for you. That means you wont get to see the Pats until week 5  ;D.We will be 4-0 by then. And a road game at that, cant get you into that one, your on your own, but I will still buy the vittles.
Unless 6A east has gotten much better over last year....I think all of the teams we face will be sisters of the poor....with Marion being the best team we face in the east. I am not so sure either one of us will be unbeaten going into game 5....Pine bluff dollorway for you...the zebras for us.

fastdrop

Quote from: hoopswatcher on July 17, 2008, 09:25:21 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on July 17, 2008, 08:45:45 pm

You would look GREAT in a MARION MANIAC SHIRT.
Do I detect a friendly wager coming on?

I'm not scared if your not.

For your grandkids to play here would mean your son would wise up and move to Marion. How great would that be.
no bets for me...LOL

If he gets a job anywhere...I will be happy..

Marionpats07™

Quote from: True Believer on July 17, 2008, 09:11:07 pm

Yep! By the way I saw ya driving today, who hit your car? Or should I ask what did you hit? lol

hoopswatcher

July 17, 2008, 09:39:33 pm #34 Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:43:56 pm by hoopswatcher
Quote from: fastdrop on July 17, 2008, 09:33:56 pm
Quote from: hoopswatcher on July 17, 2008, 09:19:10 pm
Unless 6A east has gotten much better over last year....I think all of the teams we face will be sisters of the poor....with Marion being the best team we face in the east. I am not so sure either one of us will be unbeaten going into game 5....Pine bluff dollorway for you...the zebras for us.

Sad thing is, I agree 100%. East is going to be weak. We have Dollarway, and Forrest city before yall. FC wont be bad, also have wynne, and LR Parkview. We  could easily be 4-0 to 1-3, with only win vs PV. Yall have PB and W. Helena who should have beat yall last year, they wont be a push over.

I am leaning towards Pats being 4-0 though. I have tons of FAITH in our team,

True Believer

Quote from: Marionpats07™ on July 17, 2008, 09:38:53 pm

Yep! By the way I saw ya driving today, who hit your car? Or should I ask what did you hit? lol

Son backed into a car.  Right after I warned him to look behind him.  Pretty huh?   

Marionpats07™

Quote from: True Believer on July 18, 2008, 12:05:37 am
Quote from: Marionpats07™ on July 17, 2008, 09:38:53 pm

Son backed into a car.  Right after I warned him to look behind him.  Pretty huh?   
Nice,lol

1teamedition0

i always here this big hype on this east rivalry between mhs v wm and i wanted to see what everyone that lives there think about it bc i know wm has beat marion for the past two years and from my sources marion might could take it this year...but i dont know anything about either school...i plan on coming to tha game...where is it this year??

Marionpats07™

Quote from: 1teamedition0 on July 19, 2008, 01:15:01 pm
i always here this big hype on this east rivalry between mhs v wm and i wanted to see what everyone that lives there think about it bc i know wm has beat marion for the past two years and from my sources marion might could take it this year...but i dont know anything about either school...i plan on coming to tha game...where is it this year??
Marion and WM are separated but by a highway. To the untrained eye you could be in one or the other and not know it...They are very close together. The rivalry was renewed the past 2 years when Marion a town of 10,000 people finally got to come to the 6A east to join the city of West Memphis of 35,000 people. Marion gave WM all it could ask for 2 years ago but losing 25-28 on a 4th down play in the final minutes...The 2nd year...WM had it's guns back and Marion lost everyone and got killed 59-0. The score will not be 59-0 this year but no one believes Marion will win. We shouldn't, not this year at least. We still lack tons of Senior leadership this year. But I think this year will be a close game hopefully. But West Memphis should win 2 TD's I am predicting maybe 3. The game will be at WM this year.

Hope I helped.

fastdrop

The only thing I would add is that it is a town of 10,000 but the school district includes kids that live in WM, Crowfordsville and Turrel.

BBALLFAN

Good point, but none of that really matters it is the amount of students that are in the school. But, should be a good game

Marionpats07™

Quote from: fastdrop on July 19, 2008, 02:52:47 pm
The only thing I would add is that it is a town of 10,000 but the school district includes kids that live in WM, Crowfordsville and Turrel.
I always forget about that.

Quote from: BBALLFAN on July 19, 2008, 02:59:58 pm
Good point, but none of that really matters it is the amount of students that are in the school. But, should be a good game
Glad you brought that up.

Marion- 800.
WM-1,300.

BBALLFAN

WM has more students we all know that but 1300 not sure how accurate that is. Shouldnt matter we all know Marion students are superior to WM so numbers shouldnt matter :):)

Marionpats07™

Quote from: BBALLFAN on July 19, 2008, 04:32:56 pm
WM has more students we all know that but 1300 not sure how accurate that is. Shouldnt matter we all know Marion students are superior to WM so numbers shouldnt matter :):)
Well you brought up the size of the schools. So I supplied the numbers.

True Believer

Gee you finally get it don't you?

True Believer

July 19, 2008, 09:41:27 pm #45 Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 09:54:05 pm by True Believer

Turrell is not in our school district yet.  They still have their own but I have heard for the last 4 years that they will eventually come here.  Also when and if they do, they will only bring around 300 or so students for k-12 grades.  Not that big of deal. 

Just like when Crawsfordville was consolidated with Marion, they only had around 250 or so for the entire k-12 grades.  It really didn't make that big of an impact on our schools student wise but money wise Marion recieved quite a bit.  And some Crawsfordville's students when to Earle because they did not want to come to Marion.  I remember about 6 new kids from Crawfordsville that came to Jr. High.  We get 12 new students  from other areas sometimes in one 9 week period in Jr. High.  It does seem like this last year enrollment slowed down at least at the Jr. High.  Don't know about the other campus'. 

True Believer

Also the "GAME" will be:

10/3/2008 (7:00) at West Memphis' Hamilton Schultz (?) field

fastdrop

Quote from: True Believer on July 19, 2008, 09:41:27 pm

Turrell is not in our school district yet.  They still have their own but I have heard for the last 4 years that they will eventually come here.  Also when and if they do, they will only bring around 300 or so students for k-12 grades.  Not that big of deal. 

Just like when Crawsfordville was consolidated with Marion, they only had around 250 or so for the entire k-12 grades.  It really didn't make that big of an impact on our schools student wise but money wise Marion recieved quite a bit.  And some Crawsfordville's students when to Earle because they did not want to come to Marion.  I remember about 6 new kids from Crawfordsville that came to Jr. High.  We get 12 new students  from other areas sometimes in one 9 week period in Jr. High.  It does seem like this last year enrollment slowed down at least at the Jr. High.  Don't know about the other campus'. 
The turrel kids I was talking about are some of the ones that play basketball....=)

True Believer

Oh, now I know what you mean!!

Yes, Coach Clay is good.  And kids want to play for him. 

Buedebilsfan

My debils have a big advantage because we run the wingt. The wingt is the most explosive offense in football.  You have to be tuff to run the wingt and my debils are tuff. Marion could hang around for 1 quarter if they ran the wingt. My debils win because of the wingt.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas