• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dollar General chooses Booneville for Official Sponsorship......

Started by sam, December 19, 2007, 04:57:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

transplant

True Believer

January 02, 2008, 11:27:24 pm #51 Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 07:05:53 pm by True Believer
Sam's talent is very obvious.   LOL!!!   You guys are funny.   ;D   And I mean that in a nice way.  Thank God someone has a sense of humor on FF.

Quite Frankly

GeorgeWBush

Quote from: Silicon Slick T. Love on January 02, 2008, 11:21:20 pm
Sam painted that picture of GWB back in their College days (GWB always likes to wear something with a little Nortre Dame Green in it) .

Sam has always been very talented like that.

Those were my more muscular days.

sam

Lions84

Quote from: sam on December 19, 2007, 04:57:39 pm
12-17-07
Booneville football coach Scott Hyatt made an announcement to his players late last week that was better than any Christmas gift they could possibly ask for, Dollar General is now the OFFICIAL outfitter and sponsor of Booneville Bearcat football. The Bearcats will wear Dollar General uniforms, cleats/shoes, accessories and apparel exclusively starting in the winter of 2008.

Booneville becomes the first high school program in the United States to be chosen by Dollar General for sponsorship. The contract currently stands at two years, but is expected to continue.

Founded in 1974, Dollar General is a variety store where people choose to go when they don't want to get all dressed up to go to Wal-Mart. 

Dollar General items may not be very sturdy, but you can always afford to buy more because it's so cheap.

Dollar General is known for its "Protect This Store From Thieves" and "Lock Down the front door because meth heads are running out with Sudafed" marketing campaigns.

Below is some of the apparel Booneville will be wearing next Fall.

This is the best they could do on pants.  The kids asked where the pads would go and DG reps replied..............in the pockets of course.

Our jerseys will be state of the art.  They will be the first jerseys with sleeves incorporated in.  Our players are somewhat skeptical about everyone wearing the same number but when you see the helmets you'll see that everyone will be able to see the players' faces.

We wondered if a non-sporting good store would be able to come up with a quality helmet but they came through again.

And lasty, we all know DG is world renowned for it's footwear and our kids are elated about the shoes they will be wearing on Friday nights next Fall.  What they give up on traction they will make up for in the time they'll save not having to tie them.

Eat your heart out. 

ROFL !

Made

I just thought the greatest post ever needed a bump :) Happy New Years Everyone

Wahls

Made

It was a classic to say the least, For those newcomers to the board this was posted just after Shiloh announced the UA sponsership.  I have to admit, I have yet to read this without breaking into tears.

Eddie Goodson

Without a doubt one of the top parody posts of all-time on FF. That is just too funny. Maybe this year they can get a sponsorship from 'Everything's A Dollar'.

sam

transplant

sam

transplant

sam

It was deleted, but I found it. 

Quote from: sam on December 19, 2007, 04:57:39 pm
12-17-07
Booneville football coach Scott Hyatt made an announcement to his players late last week that was better than any Christmas gift they could possibly ask for, Dollar General is now the OFFICIAL outfitter and sponsor of Booneville Bearcat football. The Bearcats will wear Dollar General uniforms, cleats/shoes, accessories and apparel exclusively starting in the winter of 2008.

Booneville becomes the first high school program in the United States to be chosen by Dollar General for sponsorship. The contract currently stands at two years, but is expected to continue.

Founded in 1974, Dollar General is a variety store where people choose to go when they don't want to get all dressed up to go to Wal-Mart. 

Dollar General items may not be very sturdy, but you can always afford to buy more because it's so cheap.

Dollar General is known for its "Protect This Store From Thieves" and "Lock Down the front door because meth heads are running out with Sudafed" marketing campaigns.

Below is some of the apparel Booneville will be wearing next Fall.

This is the best they could do on pants.  The kids asked where the pads would go and DG reps replied..............in the pockets of course.

Our jerseys will be state of the art.  They will be the first jerseys with sleeves incorporated in.  Our players are somewhat skeptical about everyone wearing the same number but when you see the helmets you'll see that everyone will be able to see the players' faces.

We wondered if a non-sporting good store would be able to come up with a quality helmet but they came through again.

And lastly, we all know DG is world renowned for it's footwear and our kids are elated about the shoes they will be wearing on Friday nights next Fall.  What they give up on traction they will make up for in the time they'll save not having to tie them.

Eat your heart out. 

sam

Jimbo Morphis

OldScrap

They will likely win best looking uniform for 2009 football season.

Will $ General be stamped on it?

Eddie Goodson

sam

Made

In light of the new uniforms, could you tell a difference in the team performance compared to the previous years, and will the sponsership allow you guys to expand your program to gloating about being ranked nationally, or even ranked higher than the likes of Bentonville and Pulaski Academy?

ARoutdoorsman

Sam I might have been wrong about you. I stayed awake at night thinking about that helmet decal. The white on it makes it look like porkey pig saying that all folks, and are we so poor we can't afford posted cleats for the kids anymore.

airitout

OMG, just now seeing this. HILARIOUS! Easily the best post "EVA" on FF!

sam

Quote from: ARoutdoorsman on January 07, 2009, 11:10:57 pm
Sam I might have been wrong about you. I stayed awake at night thinking about that helmet decal. The white on it makes it look like porkey pig saying that all folks, and are we so poor we can't afford posted cleats for the kids anymore.

I live and breathe Booneville football.  I say some off the wall things, but no one, besides Mr. George, is a bigger supporter of the program. 

Made

/Sigh this is my last post on this topic until I think it is on the verge of disappearing again.

Can we not just get this stickied, so that each year sam can add to the improvements of their uniforms?  Who knows sam may have some ideas on what a new indoor would look like :)

Once again very classic post sam.

sam

The Reality is back...

Is Abercrombie and Fitch going to sponsor Shiloh Christian?

GlennMParrish

Been out a while.  Read entire thread and must say, time well wasted.

Very well wasted.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: GlennMParrish on January 14, 2009, 10:06:16 am

Very well wasted.
Not a surprise.

Your comments are appreciated.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: QF© on January 14, 2009, 10:16:16 am
Quote from: GlennMParrish on January 14, 2009, 10:06:16 am

Very well wasted.
Not a surprise.

Your comments are appreciated.
I do believe he means it as a complement.

GlennMParrish

Quite Frankly

sam

Quote from: QF© on January 14, 2009, 06:20:05 pm
100% public apology to Glenn from QF.

There's something you don't see everyday.

(If I used smileys I would have put one there)

Quite Frankly

sam

Eddie Goodson

GlennMParrish

sam

Ah, sweet reflection. 

Back to the days when I had time to come up with garbage like this. 

Now I don't even have time for factual posts. 

sam

The pictures of the camo pants and velcro shoes can't be seen.  I'll see if I can't find them anywhere.

Eddie Goodson

I'm going to talk to Lanny about the possibility of setting up a Hall of Fame board for All-time FF epic threads. This thread would be one of the first to be moved there.

Wahls

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on June 05, 2010, 04:26:07 pm
I'm going to talk to Lanny about the possibility of setting up a Hall of Fame board for All-time FF epic threads. This thread would be one of the first to be moved there.

do u hav u mcfadden?

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on June 07, 2010, 12:44:48 pm
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on June 05, 2010, 04:26:07 pm

do u hav u mcfadden?
I hate it that those Pulaski Oak Grove threads from 2004-05 are gone. Them and the Vilonia threads from 2003 are pure gold.

Wahls

sam

You alking about the guy who reviewed the Bauxite "crappers" and "pee-ers"?

Wahls

sam

I just did a little maintenance on this thread.  My pictures keep disappearing.

Anyway, just remind me when one of the pictures stops working.

Or, even better, maybe someone with more technological skill than I could help me figure out a way to permanently host them..............if that's even possible.

Thanks,
sam

Wahls

Quote from: sam on November 10, 2010, 10:08:17 am

Or, even better, maybe someone with more technological skill than I could help me figure out a way to permanently host them..............if that's even possible.

Thanks,
sam

I'm sure Eddie or someone here would host them on the server if they have space. If not, photobucket will work.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 10, 2010, 04:58:29 pm
Quote from: sam on November 10, 2010, 10:08:17 am

Thanks,
sam

I'm sure Eddie or someone here would host them on the server if they have space. If not, photobucket will work.
If I had access to that part of the site, I would do it in a minute. I personally now use facebook to store my pictures.

sam

No big deal.

What I would LOVE to see is someone with some photoshopping skills to put together what the player would look like in those digs!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas