• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Har-Ber VS Springdale - revenge or repeat?

Started by 30kfeet, October 27, 2007, 08:47:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

30kfeet

Who takes this one and by how much?   I'm thinking a fairly close game with lots of emotion and very physical play.

my pick

Har-Ber by 10.   Springdale will play its best game of the year for this one but will come up short.

On the Move

OK as bad as I hate to say this:  it will be REVENGE baby.  From everything Har-Ber boys has listen to by Springdale Boys the whole last year.  I think if given the chance and mistake free will run score up. Love You guys at both school.  Just hope good clean game.

TheReal_Deal24

if har-ber plays like they can they will run up the score they remember all to well what happened last year.

devilishhog

By 1 or 100 it doesn't matter to this senior class..... They want a championship..... I agree w/479, they still haven't put it all together for a game. When they do click it'll be something too see...

olddog79

Quote from: 479BOYZ on October 28, 2007, 09:11:10 am
if har-ber plays like they can they will run up the score they remember all to well what happened last year.
If that happens, (which I doubt) the Springdale players and coaches won't whine like a bunch of "Nancy's".

TheReal_Deal24

we will see only time will tell?? i bet you some of the players will when they see that score board im tellin you right now i hope coach wood leaves in everyone of his starters the whole game and scores everytime they have the ball to make up for last year??

olddog79

Quote from: 479BOYZ on October 29, 2007, 09:11:59 am
we will see only time will tell?? i bet you some of the players will when they see that score board im tellin you right now i hope coach wood leaves in everyone of his starters the whole game and scores everytime they have the ball to make up for last year??
Last year could've have been ALOT worse. But if you think you got it...bring it.
The Red Dogs can handle it. Nancy.

TheReal_Deal24

last year could have been worse are you kiding me they had there starters in all game so dont give me that bull crap. it will be brought i hope they can handle it because if not its going to be a bad senior night. which it will be anyways only different thing this year is har-ber will make the playoffs unlike the springdale team from last year!!! GO BIG BLUE

bulldogs1159

Quote from: 479BOYZ on October 29, 2007, 10:17:57 am
last year could have been worse are you kiding me they had there starters in all game so dont give me that bull crap. it will be brought i hope they can handle it because if not its going to be a bad senior night. which it will be anyways only different thing this year is har-ber will make the playoffs unlike the springdale team from last year!!! GO BIG BLUE
Little brother syndrome is so funny.

30kfeet

I remember last year pretty well.  Thing that sticks in my mind is the SHS student section booing as Har-Ber seniors were introduced. No class whatsoever.  Har-Ber kids, rise above that level and applaud as SHS seniors are introduced.  They have worked hard and deserve the recognition. 

HBHSFan

If you look at both sides of the ball it is obvious that har-ber has more experience and talent. A lot of the Springdale defense has not played before, i've heard there starting about 4-6 sophmores because they have to. Housten Pruitt starts safety for Har-Ber, but hes earned playing there. When Har-Bers offense is on their game its incredibly hard to stop and i don't see a young defense like springdales stopping it any time soon. And Har-Bers defense has given up big plays in recent games, but it has held when it needs to. Like in the Fayetteville game, they were picking apart our defense, then the coaches began to change somethings up and started to get in McDonalds face and he didn't like it much. Also after Springdale left their starters in even after they were ahead by like 30 points and kept driving into Har-Ber showed a lack of respect that Har-Ber won't soon forget. I see Har-Ber coming out and taking care of business to get ready for the playoffs.

O and have fun watching us play on SHS field for the playoffs while yall are in offseason.  :P Go Wildcats!

bulldogs1159

It must be fun having to have Senior night on the field of the team you so desperately want to acknowledge you.

TheReal_Deal24

it will be even better beating that team on senior night!!

unknownperson

I know its not going to happen this year...but how would they schedule the games if both Har-Ber and Springdale had home games in the first round of the playoffs?

bulldogs1159

Quote from: unknownperson on October 30, 2007, 07:19:40 pm
I know its not going to happen this year...but how would they schedule the games if both Har-Ber and Springdale had home games in the first round of the playoffs?
Thats a pretty dang good question. Double header? That would be pretty sweet.

heffy22

Seems to me this happened with Northside and Southside.  I think one team played on Saturday.

olddog79

Quote from: HBHSFan on October 30, 2007, 04:48:30 pm
If you look at both sides of the ball it is obvious that har-ber has more experience and talent. A lot of the Springdale defense has not played before, i've heard there starting about 4-6 sophmores because they have to. Housten Pruitt starts safety for Har-Ber, but hes earned playing there. When Har-Bers offense is on their game its incredibly hard to stop and i don't see a young defense like springdales stopping it any time soon. And Har-Bers defense has given up big plays in recent games, but it has held when it needs to. Like in the Fayetteville game, they were picking apart our defense, then the coaches began to change somethings up and started to get in McDonalds face and he didn't like it much. Also after Springdale left their starters in even after they were ahead by like 30 points and kept driving into Har-Ber showed a lack of respect that Har-Ber won't soon forget. I see Har-Ber coming out and taking care of business to get ready for the playoffs.

O and have fun watching us play on SHS field for the playoffs while yall are in offseason.  :P Go Wildcats!
Boo Hoo.

not ray

If they share a field they just move one game to Saturday.  Southside shared the field at Northside up to the 90s.

the_dale_alum_6

im thinkin this will be a close hard fought game and hopefully one of the best of the year! it has the potential the young red dog defense is peaking as much as it can at the right time. there will be alot of emotion on the red dog sideline and i think were the home team this year! as for last year and running up the score..... as a saying even when coach gus was there and recently the patriots... if u dont like what the other team is doing then stop us!!!! its a great mentality and a must have to be a great team! as for the outcome:
                                   springdale high-24
                                   tonitown high - 20
go red dogs!!!!!!! lets go little bro represent that armband and the red dogs to the fulllest

TheReal_Deal24

24-20  ::)  ::) wow are you kiding me the score if its close is going to be in the 40's. fay showed everyones that har-ber has some weakness in the secondary but that was with fayetteville's athelets. springdale doesnt have the athletes that fayetteville does. har-ber will be ready to play they have alot on the line with all the playoff games being at home i see them getting control early and never looking back!!

30kfeet

Quote from: the_dale_alum_6 on October 31, 2007, 10:48:14 pm
im thinkin this will be a close hard fought game and hopefully one of the best of the year! it has the potential the young red dog defense is peaking as much as it can at the right time. there will be alot of emotion on the red dog sideline and i think were the home team this year! as for last year and running up the score..... as a saying even when coach gus was there and recently the patriots... if u dont like what the other team is doing then stop us!!!! its a great mentality and a must have to be a great team! as for the outcome:
                                   springdale high-24
                                   tonitown high - 20
go red dogs!!!!!!! lets go little bro represent that armband and the red dogs to the fulllest

Tontitown high.  That's cute.  Fort Smith has the battle of Rogers Ave.  Looks like Springdale will have the battle of 71B.  Tontitown High VS Zacatecas North.  What color are those armbands anyway?   Should be a good one.  Har-Ber by 10.

olddog79

bulldogs1159

Quote from: 30kfeet on November 01, 2007, 11:25:35 am
Quote from: the_dale_alum_6 on October 31, 2007, 10:48:14 pm
                                   springdale high-24
                                   tonitown high - 20

Tontitown high.  That's cute.  Fort Smith has the battle of Rogers Ave.  Looks like Springdale will have the battle of 71B.  Tontitown High VS Zacatecas North.  What color are those armbands anyway?   Should be a good one.  Har-Ber by 10.
To bad it was said earlier in the thread. Couldn't catch it then?

Pete Carroll

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 01, 2007, 09:16:36 am
24-20  ::)  ::) wow are you kiding me the score if its close is going to be in the 40's. fay showed everyones that har-ber has some weakness in the secondary but that was with fayetteville's athelets. springdale doesnt have the athletes that fayetteville does. har-ber will be ready to play they have alot on the line with all the playoff games being at home i see them getting control early and never looking back!!

Dont forget that those same SHS players hung 41 on FHS. Dont look past these Red Dogs, they can score, and it has been proven this year HB may have some major weakness's on their D. This is a Rivalry game so that throws everything out the window, anything can happen. I dont see a blow out like last year, I think it will be very close and will probably come down to the last possession. I see SHS throwing a wrench into HB's hopes at a conf title and the 1 seed.
UPSET ALERT!!!!

SHS 45
HB 42

Ty

On the Move

The arm band was pasted to Cossey at the end of last season. 

the_dale_alum_6

Quote from: Tyler3312 on November 01, 2007, 03:55:00 pm
Quote from: olddog79 on November 01, 2007, 01:36:12 pm
^ The armband in question is black.
Who's wearing the armband?
DE/LB Junior Bryan Cossey, and look to see him @ TE some too this week. by the way to clear something up that was printed in the newspaper article about the armband that was false: bryan is not the first junior to wear the armband. he is the second one, nate hancock b4 bryan had the ban for 2 years which he recieved it from brooks muller in 2000. i just wanted to make that a point bc it is a big deal and a huge honor at springdale and i just wanted to give credit where its due. im off the soapbox!!!! sorry

bulldogs1159

That armband has got to have some serious stank on it by now :)

Quite Frankly

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on November 01, 2007, 08:16:04 pm
That armband has got to have some serious stank on it by now :)

Probably from opposing players..............

LikeIseeIt

Since Springdale Har-ber will never get their own stadium, the winner should get Williams Stadium painted in their school colors.

the_dale_alum_6

Quote from: LikeIseeIt on November 03, 2007, 09:10:56 pm
Since Springdale Har-ber will never get their own stadium, the winner should get Williams Stadium painted in their school colors.
um..... sorry i dont think so talk about total disrespect to the man who brought the city of springdale football to where it is today no matter the split of the high school! Coach Williams is a legend and no matter who plays on that field the super s should be there no matter what bc thats where it all began and everyone will remember springdale as a football town and where the bulldogs of old played and where the heart and soul of springdale lives!

bulldogs1159

That was a pretty good laugh. It is BULLDOG stadium, enjoy using our facilities.

On the Move

If the Super S is to remain on that field then Har-Ber needs something painted their also.  That is Springdale School district field now not just one schools.  Stadium is for Jerald Williams name, should not be changed or touched.  The man did build Springdale football which is now two schools.  Which he would be proud to say enough boys came to the school system to have a need for two schools.

Quite Frankly

This problem is tough one to solve.  As long as there is just one field, the old guard and new guard will be bothered.

How about Williams Field at Wildcat Stadium?  (sarcasm there)

I'm sure that Rogers is taking notes on how the split sort of turned SD into a has and has not deal.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: On the Move on November 04, 2007, 09:05:41 am
If the Super S is to remain on that field then Har-Ber needs something painted their also.  That is Springdale School district field now not just one schools.  Stadium is for Jerald Williams name, should not be changed or touched.  The man did build Springdale football which is now two schools.  Which he would be proud to say enough boys came to the school system to have a need for two schools.
The "S" is not on the field anymore. And if you claim the faded paint on the field as leaving it thats a little tickey tackey. That thing has not had paint added to it since 05. Its Bulldog stadium, always has always will be.

On the Move

Quote from: the_dale_alum_6 on November 04, 2007, 12:45:33 am
um..... sorry i dont think so talk about total disrespect to the man who brought the city of springdale football to where it is today no matter the split of the high school! Coach Williams is a legend and no matter who plays on that field the super s should be there no matter what bc thats where it all began and everyone will remember springdale as a football town and where the bulldogs of old played and where the heart and soul of springdale lives!
You brought up the S.  All I Said was if the S stayed then an H or something should be placed for Har-Ber.  By the way the name is Jerald Williams Bulldog Stadium.  Since my Daughter went to Springdale I don't want that changed nor did I say so.  But it is NOW the Field of 2 schools and some of you need to get over it.

On the Move

By the way I don't have kids at either school, but know players at both.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: On the Move on November 04, 2007, 04:18:10 pm
You brought up the S.  All I Said was if the S stayed then an H or something should be placed for Har-Ber.  By the way the name is Jerald Williams Bulldog Stadium.  Since my Daughter went to Springdale I don't want that changed nor did I say so.  But it is NOW the Field of 2 schools and some of you need to get over it.
Ya two schools use Bulldog Stadium. One is borrowing time at the stadium until they get their own. They should get over Reddog stuff being at the stadium.

LikeIseeIt

It goes back to the separate but equal situation of two schools in one district. Springdale School District doesn't have the money to build a new stadium so for the time being, the bulldogs will have to endure hosting the conference champions at their home field. Bulldog football is over. Expect the Bulldogs to do better in the gym from now on.

On the Move

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© link=topic=73225.msg1505446#msg1505446
/quote]Ya two schools use Bulldog Stadium. One is borrowing time at the stadium until they get their own. They should get over Reddog stuff being at the stadium.
Looks like you are the one with the issue.

30kfeet

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on November 04, 2007, 04:25:09 pm
Quote from: On the Move on November 04, 2007, 04:18:10 pm
Ya two schools use Bulldog Stadium. One is borrowing time at the stadium until they get their own. They should get over Reddog stuff being at the stadium.
Not a matter of 'borrowing.'  Har-Ber taxpayers pay taxes just like everyone else in Springdale to maintain the stadium.  In fact, there is a higher tax base in the Har-Ber attendance zone than their is in the SHS zone simply because of the lack of development on the east side and the steady commercial development on the west side so dollar for dollar Har-Ber pays more for the stadium than SHS.  But tradition is tradition and there is no need to change the name or appearance of the stadium.  It's not about whose team logo is on the field, it's about whose TEAM is on the field at the end of the season.  Everyone enjoy the playoffs.  Go 'Cats.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: LikeIseeIt on November 04, 2007, 04:29:31 pm
It goes back to the separate but equal situation of two schools in one district. Springdale School District doesn't have the money to build a new stadium so for the time being, the bulldogs will have to endure hosting the conference champions at their home field. Bulldog football is over. Expect the Bulldogs to do better in the gym from now on.
I could care less that Harber plays at our stadium. The fact that Harber cries about not having equal representation that gets old. Bulldog football is not over, everyone has some down years, remember the early 90's?

Quote from: On the Move on November 04, 2007, 04:39:16 pm
Quote from: bulldogs1159™© link=topic=73225.msg1505446#msg1505446
/quote]Ya two schools use Bulldog Stadium. One is borrowing time at the stadium until they get their own. They should get over Reddog stuff being at the stadium.
Looks like you are the one with the issue.
No problem. Actually root for Harber the rest of the year. Just pointing out facts.

the_dale_alum_6

bulldog football over? i dont think so! wishful thinking though! the stadium is the bulldogs stadium and like posted b4 its for harber use till they get their own there for nothing like an H or harber anything should be put on the field! as far as taxpayers money goes i dont know how much of that money actually pays for the stadium im pretty sure its already paid for bc i know the new turf paid for itself or was supposed to pay for itself within 5 to 6 years! and as for harber paying for more of the stadium than SHS yall still have 99 years to catch up b4 u can even think about putting some truth into that statement! im done with this i wish i wouldnt have even said anything now! This is crazy! Lovelace can u believe someone actually said bulldog football is over?!

bulldogs1159

It is pretty laughable. Were just a couple big stops away from going to the playoffs this season anyway.

Ty

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on November 04, 2007, 06:56:13 pm
It is pretty laughable. Were just a couple big stops away from going to the playoffs this season anyway.
BIG, BIG, BIG steps.

bpc5548

man all these har-ber kids would be annoying. your livin off thier goods, its their stadium.

30kfeet

The stadium belongs to the district, not either school.   It was paid for and is maintained by taxpayer dollars from the entire Springdale school district.  No school can lay claim to it being 'their stadium.'   It would be great if both teams made the playoffs next year and I hope it happens.  Just cut the 'our house' crap.  The district is getting ready to spend millions of dollars to upgrade SHS to be on par with Har-Ber and taxpayers from the entire district will pay for that, too.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: 30kfeet on November 05, 2007, 09:47:36 pm
The district is getting ready to spend millions of dollars to upgrade SHS to be on par with Har-Ber...

What, are they going to torch the dump and start all over? If I were a Springdale resident, I would relocate to the Har-Ber attendance zone.

I don't think it is possible to do enough to the SHS buildings where you could seriously say they were "on par" with HBHS - the place is sweet!

Of course, you might be able to say the same thing about Bentonville High if they get approval to spend $100,000,000 on the second High School there. I can't imagine what a hundred-million-dollar high school looks like.

30kfeet

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 05, 2007, 10:29:56 pm
Quote from: 30kfeet on November 05, 2007, 09:47:36 pm
The district is getting ready to spend millions of dollars to upgrade SHS to be on par with Har-Ber...

What, are they going to torch the dump and start all over? If I were a Springdale resident, I would relocate to the Har-Ber attendance zone.

I don't think it is possible to do enough to the SHS buildings where you could seriously say they were "on par" with HBHS - the place is sweet!

Of course, you might be able to say the same thing about Bentonville High if they get approval to spend $100,000,000 on the second High School there. I can't imagine what a hundred-million-dollar high school looks like.

When was the last time you visited SHS?  Far from being a dump. They have a state-of-the-art performing arts center, band rooms, new Math, Science and English wings, and other improvements.  It compares extremely well to any of the older schools in the area and will be a great facility after the upgrades.  If SHS is a dump, then Fayetteville is a garbage heap.  Incidentally, FHS has one of elite academic programs in the state in spite of less than stellar facilities - far better AP program than SHS or HBHS.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas