• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Players moral

Started by 1more_miner, October 25, 2007, 03:34:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1more_miner

i have a question? - is it better to completely degrade a player to get him to do better like a coach i know is doing or is it better to encourage and congradulate a player to get him to want to do better.

dc24

It just depends on the player.  Some players will respond to being degraded and get better, and other will get offended and do worse.  Same goes for encouragement.  Some will respond positively to it and flourish off of encouragement, others will start to loaf because they think they've already done enough good and coach noticed it.  You just have to know your players.  Personally, I don't like degrading kids at the high school level and below and telling them they "suck" and things like that, but I have known a few players that have responded very well to that. 

QPWFB

Every player is different and you need to have the ability to
identify how each one reacts to coaching style's. That being said , I don't think it is ever necessary to degrade or
demoralize anyone! When someone makes a mistake or
gets lazy there are ways to "coach" or "motivate" them
without demoralizing them. If all else fails put em on the bench and let them think about it!! They will either shape
up or lose their spot!

pantherfan9_27

i think its better to congratulate a player when he does something good. i can understand constructive criticism,but i dont think they should degrade a player.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas