• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Suggestion for Reclassification

Started by triberulz, October 04, 2007, 01:49:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

triberulz

It bothers me the way we do our classifications. I don't like the idea that every team in the 7 and 6 classifications automatically qualify to the state tournament. Why even play a regular season because it means nothing anyway. I believe we should take the top 24 teams and divide them into 4 conferences with 6 in a conference and call them 7A. The take the next 24 and do the same. Do this until you get to your last 40 teams and put them into the last classification, divide them up put them ointo conferences and play a state tournament, because the last 40 teams do not have very much number differential, as the first 40. Just my opinion

manning1818

Quote from: triberulz on October 04, 2007, 01:49:20 pm
It bothers me the way we do our classifications. I don't like the idea that every team in the 7 and 6 classifications automatically qualify to the state tournament. Why even play a regular season because it means nothing anyway. I believe we should take the top 24 teams and divide them into 4 conferences with 6 in a conference and call them 7A. The take the next 24 and do the same. Do this until you get to your last 40 teams and put them into the last classification, divide them up put them ointo conferences and play a state tournament, because the last 40 teams do not have very much number differential, as the first 40. Just my opinion

That idea makes way too much sense, it would never be approved.  Keep in mind that our largest two classifications have only a few more schools than the SEC!  Texas only has 5 classifications, yet we have 7.
It's laughable, really.  For instance, there is a town in Arkansas that shares its borders with another state.  There are more than 4 high schools in the "town" and one of them won an AR state championship.  A sportswriter at the town's paper was laughing at the idea that the team could very well be the fourth best in town, but the best in all of  Arkansas!
Sixteen teams in a single classfication...sheesh.  Keep in mind, also, that the reclassification was proposed by, and approved by the schools and their voting reps.  Most people think the AAA sets things like this up, but nothing is done without approval by the schools.  Don't like the system, find out who the voting rep is at your school (usually sup. or princ.) and complain.  They are the ones who can make proposals that go before activity districts and eventually schools for a vote.
IMO, we have spread the classifications out too thinly and they need to be changed. It can't be a good thing when teams in the corners of the state have to travel 3+ hours to play conference games.

Lions84

Some teams in Texas travel that much nearly every Week.  We are spoiled in Arkansas.  AAA also needs to address the Population drop in the Delta and start offering Texas style 6 man football for the Rural Schools.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas