• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

yellowjackets vs warren

Started by #1 STUNNA, May 25, 2007, 11:01:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JackStar

Quote from: Jacket_FS8 on August 23, 2007, 08:58:23 pm
Quote from: Jeremy2653 (SWG) on August 23, 2007, 03:00:56 pm
Quote from: tiger21 on August 23, 2007, 02:46:10 pm
Sheridan has heart, and no matter how many games you win if you have heart you will go somewhere..

Bogus cliches.

Every team has heart.  Searcy had heart last year, they finished that season, that shows a lot of heart to get thru.  It doesn't matter how much heart you have when you are OUTMANNED AT EVERY SINGLE POSITION ON THE ENTIRE FIELD.  Warren will win this game by however many they want to.

Sheridan fans, being invited to the hootens classic is not something to gloat about, at least 10 other schools turned down the chance because they didn't want to lose the ticket sales.  There is a reason why the matchups get worse and worse every year.

Sheridan has an All-State running back, linebacker, and defensive linemen and 2 other returning All conference players... That was a stupid remark...
Lol since you asked for it.

Warren has 1 returning All-stater (probly would have had more but 3 seniors from last years team were all state), 12 all conference players returning, 7 players holding major-D1 offers (4 commited to the hogs, and 1 other has been offered), a sophomore qb that competed in the top gun challenge (first time that has EVER happened), and not too mention....14 returning starters from a state championship football team.

SingleWingGuru

August 23, 2007, 10:53:38 pm #51 Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 11:09:14 pm by Jeremy2653 (SWG)
Sheridan has an All-State running back, linebacker, and defensive linemen and 2 other returning All conference players... That was a stupid remark...

With the EXCEPTION of this "runningback" Sheridan got humiliated in their last game of the season. TO A MOUNTAIN HOME TEAM THAT COULD HAVE BEEN MERCY RULED BY WARREN.

Sheridan WILL BE OUTMANNED AT EVERY SINGLE POSITION.  Period.

EDIT:  P.S.  PM me if you are willing to put your money where your mouth is.  :)

Marionpats07™

Quote from: Jeremy2653 (SWG) on August 23, 2007, 10:53:38 pm

Sheridan WILL BE OUTMANNED AT EVERY SINGLE POSITION.  Period.

I 2nd that.

tiger21

Warren better be ready..PERIOD!

LJ06

Quote from: tiger21 on August 24, 2007, 02:39:14 pm
Warren better be ready..PERIOD!

I think that needs to be vice versa...

Throwback1

Yeah.  I suspect this one will be over by halftime.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Throwback1 on August 24, 2007, 02:57:57 pm
Yeah.  I suspect this one will be over by halftime.

first quarter

Throwback1

shs_chick_02

it wont be over till the fat lady sings lol and im not gonna be singing till this game is over and sheridan wins!

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: shs_chick_02 on August 25, 2007, 09:29:07 am
it wont be over till the fat lady sings lol and im not gonna be singing till this game is over and sheridan wins!

sing right now so we dont have to waste gas coming up there

Throwback1

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on August 25, 2007, 11:24:13 am
Quote from: shs_chick_02 on August 25, 2007, 09:29:07 am

sing right now so we dont have to waste gas coming up there

Might want to at least start humming.

powerlifter90

Warren may be the best team in the state this year in all classifications.  Sheridan is a bottom tier 6A school, it could get REAL ugly. 

seark66

Warren should dominate this ballgame.  Sheridan's RB is legit, though.  They have an offensive line worth a darn...they could give Warren fits.  That RB isn't a guy you want to chase around all night.

tiger21

Period warren should be ready, cus Sheridan is!!! :)

LJ06

Quote from: tiger21 on August 27, 2007, 02:38:24 pm
Period warren should be ready, cus Sheridan is!!! :)

Yeah...we'll see in a few short hours won't we?

RisonRacingFan

Warren's second string  better be ready to play the second half..PERIOD!

Fixed that for you ;)

Romeo

Never underestimate anyone. Warren is favored by 35 but anything can happen. The lumberjacks are beatable... but not this game Warren 49 Sheridan 6

moparman77

the big question comes tomorrow

Rich Sanders

From Leland Barclay
PINE BLUFF -- Barely halfway through the first quarter, the Warren Lumberjacks had already flexed their massive muscles.

Warren scored twice on passes of 14 and 18 yards from sophomore quarterback Hayden Smith to grab a 13-0 lead with 5:36 remaining in the opening stanza.

Smith's first TD pass was a 14-yarder to Greg Childs, the 6-foot-4, 210-pound senior receiver. Smith added the PAT for a 7-0 lead.

Warren made it 13-0 when Smith connected with Chris Gragg on an 18-yard scoring strike. The point-after failed.

RDFT

Quote from: Rich Sanders on August 27, 2007, 08:24:49 pm
From Leland Barclay
PINE BLUFF -- Barely halfway through the first quarter, the Warren Lumberjacks had already flexed their massive muscles.

Warren scored twice on passes of 14 and 18 yards from sophomore quarterback Hayden Smith to grab a 13-0 lead with 5:36 remaining in the opening stanza.

Smith's first TD pass was a 14-yarder to Greg Childs, the 6-foot-4, 210-pound senior receiver. Smith added the PAT for a 7-0 lead.

Warren made it 13-0 when Smith connected with Chris Gragg on an 18-yard scoring strike. The point-after failed.

I guess that pretty much answers any questions the Yellowjackets had. Looks like it's starting ugly, and only going to get worse.

Rich Sanders

More Warren: Childs catches a Smith pass that covers 24 yards. Another sophomore, Courtney Haskell, added the 2-point run to make it 21-0 to end the first quarter.

Smith went 9-for-9 for 148 yards in the first quarter.

Rich Sanders

Jarius Wright scores on a two-yard run for Warren ... out of the Wildcat formation. The PAT makes it 28-0 with just over six minutes to play before halftme.

Rich Sanders

Basmine Jones takes in a Smith pass and races 88 yards for Warren's fifth touchdown. Lee addes the extra point and it's 35-7 with a little over two minutes to go in the first half.

Rich Sanders

It's 42-7. Smith hooks up with Gragg for a 14-yard touchdown pass, the sophomore quarterback's fifth of the night. The score comes with zeroes on the clock. Lee added the point-after.

Smith is 19-of-24 passing for a total of 362 yards.

Wright has six catches for 77 yards.
Jones has five catches for 168.
Gragg and Childs each have four catches. Gragg has 62 yards in receptions and Childs has 55.

mudslog

Mercy Rule...start the buses.   Sheridan has no business playing tonight. 

urban legend

I second that. Good grief. Bo will call off the dogs in the third.

Throwback1

Frankly, just about as expected, no?

urban legend

Rich Sanders

August 27, 2007, 10:01:20 pm #78 Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 10:11:45 pm by Rich Sanders
Chris Clinton scores on a 6-yard pass from Cole to make it 42-14 with 11:08 remaining in the game. The clock has been running continuously the entire second half.

Nick Whittemore keeps on third-and-goal from the 1 and Warren tacks on a final touchdown to bring the score to 48-14.

Maynard G Krebs

August 27, 2007, 10:11:00 pm #79 Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 10:14:19 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Don't be too disappointed Sheridan. Warren is just very, very good.  Sheridan still has the claim to the "Redneck Capital of Arkansas". (and I mean that as a compliment).  I really like the town. BTW, Warren is the true winner of last year's 4-A championship.

LJ06

Well, it looks like Sheridan was the ones who weren't ready for this...Surprise, Surprise

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Lumberjack06 on August 27, 2007, 11:36:40 pm
Well, it looks like Sheridan was the ones who weren't ready for this...Surprise, Surprise

the fat lady started singing early

LJ06

Started singing in first quarter lol

RisonRacingFan

The Warren 4 are by far some of the best players in this State. I watched Joe Adams in the game before, and honestly did not see what the hype was all about. He dropped several passes, fumbled the ball, and only made one big play, which was an interception, but the Warren boys made play after play. They scored so fast it just messed me up ! ;)

The critic

I couldn't believe how good that soph. QB was.  Yea, he has great receivers.  But his arm strength and accuracy was unbelievable.

GoldenLion30

August 28, 2007, 12:35:55 am #85 Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 12:37:27 am by Golden Lion
After 2005 Springdale
Warren is the best team, I have personally ever seen.
(In Arkansas)

SingleWingGuru

You were saying?  Come eat your crow, boy.  I hit the nail right on the head.  Not a single position, other than kicker, was better on the Sheridan side of the ball.

RisonRacingFan

Quote from: Rison Tradition on August 27, 2007, 03:01:39 pm
Warren's second string  better be ready to play the second half..PERIOD!

Fixed that for you ;)

I called that Mercy Rule, brutha's!

powerlifter90

Quote from: BUGEATERS on August 25, 2007, 10:08:42 pm
Warren may be the best team in the state this year in all classifications.  Sheridan is a bottom tier 6A school, it could get REAL ugly. 

Throwback1

Quote from: Lumberjack06 on August 27, 2007, 11:36:40 pm

I think they were probably as "ready" as possible.  Just badly outmanned.  4A is on notice...if you don't have a couple of experienced, solid corners, safeties who can adjust to the ball in the air and then arrive with bad intentions, and most of all a front 4 who can get quick pressure on the QB, you can simply forget beatin Warren this year....at least if you have all those things, and a potent offense, you might have a chance.

triggerman

1.   The men from Warren are the real deal good routes and quick.
2.   Don't overhype the Sophmore QB--  most of the night the receivers were wide open  and on a TD to Childs he just threw it up and childs went and got it
3.  don't hand them the crown yet---  the 2 time defending champs ( and owners of a 28 game winning streak  Scrappers and CAC will have something to say about it before the year is over

arkie_3_fan

Quote from: triggerman on August 28, 2007, 09:15:17 am
2.   Don't overhype the Sophmore QB--  most of the night the receivers were wide open  and on a TD to Childs he just threw it up and childs went and got it

Which TD pass are you talking about?
I don't remember but one or two passes being up for grabs and one of them was picked off. 

#1 STUNNA

1.   The men from Warren are the real deal good routes and quick.
2.   Don't overhype the Sophmore QB--  most of the night the receivers were wide open  and on a TD to Childs he just threw it up and childs went and got it
3.  don't hand them the crown yet---  the 2 time defending champs ( and owners of a 28 game winning streak  Scrappers and CAC will have something to say about it before the year is over

did you not watch cac before warren, they were pathetic

19-24 passing 350 yds 5 tds, sounds like an average day at the ballpark for warrens passing game

Jimbo Morphis

you keep winning classy there stunna.

triggerman

I watched the 2nd half---  As I have said before on other threads-- Dollarway was alot better an opponent than Sheridan

The TD pass I was referring to was the one to end  the 1 quarter--   

Stats can be a bit deceiving when you make a 15 yd pass and the speed of the receiver takes in 80+

RisonRacingFan

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on August 28, 2007, 09:48:23 am
1.   The men from Warren are the real deal good routes and quick.
2.   Don't overhype the Sophmore QB--  most of the night the receivers were wide open  and on a TD to Childs he just threw it up and childs went and got it

did you not watch cac before warren, they were pathetic

19-24 passing 350 yds 5 tds, sounds like an average day at the ballpark for warrens passing game

CAC was not very good, and Adams was not the #2 man in the State last night, he had 4 from Warren in front of him.

BTW, Childs first TD catch was in Triple coverage, and he caught it 1 handed, so dont say they were wide open all night.

LJ06

I watched the entire CAC vs. Dollarway game.  Both teams were extremely sluggish (which you can expect from most teams in the first game of the year), they didn't look very good period.  CAC's Stringfellow was off on his passes for a good bit of the night.  Joe Adams did not look very good to me either.  Dollarway is gonna line up in that wishbone and just keep trying to pound that ball in your face.  They tried to pass, but their passing game is none existent.  I seriously don't think Warren would have trouble with CAC, but Dollarway controlled that entire game up until the fourth due to their offense.  If Dollarway can do the same clock management, then it might be closer then people think.  Its gonna be up to the Lumberjack Defensive Line.  I don't think it will be that close this year  though. 

seark66

Warren kept the passing game controlled, let their wideouts make plays.  Defensively they played well, got after the football.  They made a few mistakes...and they get 11 days to fix them.  The Lumberjacks kept everybody healthy and got a win...even though the opponent was not very good.  A win is a win.  Good job, Warren.

aCard

Quote from: Golden Lion on August 28, 2007, 12:35:55 am
After 2005 Springdale
(In Arkansas)

Get real??? The best team to ever play in Ark. is Little Rock Central's 2003 and 2004 team.

If you dont believe me just ask Springdale team in 04'. Central had them boys scared.

Anyway Warren will win by 30+ points

Throwback1

Quote from: aCard on August 28, 2007, 11:48:30 am
Quote from: Golden Lion on August 28, 2007, 12:35:55 am
After 2005 Springdale
(In Arkansas)

Get real??? The best team to ever play in Ark. is Little Rock Central's 2003 and 2004 team.

If you dont believe me just ask Springdale team in 04'. Central had them boys scared.

Anyway Warren will win by 30+ points

I haven't seen every team in state history play, so really can't say.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas