• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

yellowjackets vs warren

Started by #1 STUNNA, May 25, 2007, 11:01:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RisonRacingFan

Quote from: teh_pwnage on August 07, 2007, 09:59:48 pm
Well warren better be ready to get PWND by sheridan. Im really not sure why people underestimate us so much... well... Moose out!!

I had to bring this one back out ;)

LJ06

Well people did not underestimate Sheridan...they simply knew how good Warren is

powerlifter90

August 28, 2007, 02:23:17 pm #102 Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 02:59:48 pm by BUGEATERS
Quote from: aCard on August 28, 2007, 11:48:30 am
Quote from: Golden Lion on August 28, 2007, 12:35:55 am
After 2005 Springdale
Warren is the best team, I have personally ever seen.
(In Arkansas)

Get real??? The best team to ever play in Ark. is Little Rock Central's 2003 and 2004 team

If you dont believe me just ask Springdale team in 04'. Central had them boys scared.

Anyway Warren will win by 30+ points

he said that he had seen play.

I saw LRC 03/04 play and saw Springdale 05 play......... Springdale 05 was better  IMO

football17

After 2005 Springdale
(In Arkansas)

Get real??? The best team to ever play in Ark. is Little Rock Central's 2003 and 2004 team.

If you dont believe me just ask Springdale team in 04'. Central had them boys scared.

Springdale 05 would beat either of those Central teams. Easily.

Hoghead

4A Warren held a Clinic on 6A Sheridan with a sophmore QB. The wideouts at Warren are the best in the State. Sheridan had no answer for them last night.

aCard

Quote from: football17 on August 28, 2007, 02:25:10 pm
After 2005 Springdale
(In Arkansas)

Get real??? The best team to ever play in Ark. is Little Rock Central's 2003 and 2004 team.

Wrong....You should have been there when Springdale and Central played that year in the playoffs.....Central had 21 to 0 right before halftime and then some kind of way the springdale returned a punt.

Springdale played scared the whole game....anyway i forgot the score but the game was not even close.

That same Springdale 05' team played in 04' and got THUMPED....so what are you talking about

powerlifter90

Quote from: aCard on August 28, 2007, 05:45:31 pm
Quote from: football17 on August 28, 2007, 02:25:10 pm
After 2005 Springdale
(In Arkansas)

Wrong....You should have been there when Springdale and Central played that year in the playoffs.....Central had 21 to 0 right before halftime and then some kind of way the springdale returned a punt.

Springdale played scared the whole game....anyway i forgot the score but the game was not even close.

That same Springdale 05' team played in 04' and got THUMPED....so what are you talking about

Springdale 05 was ALLOT better than Springdale 04.  players matured and coaches tweaked what worked and didn't work.   I don't think LRC 03 or 04 would have scored on S-dale 05

urban legend

Hate to keep beating a horse that's been dead for quite some time, but either one of the LRC teams could've beaten Springdale's '05 quad. Defense wins championships. That '03 Central team was good, matured and still took it to Springdale that next season. I'm sure Gus and the Bulldogs would've made some offensive adjustments, but it you continue to get blasted in the trenches on both sides of the ball (which I don't know what kind of adjustment SHS could've made to prevent that), it wouldn't have mattered. Those defenses were just too stout...period. But that's an old topic and people are going to have their opinions so it's a no-win discussion.

powerlifter90

Quote from: urban legend on August 28, 2007, 07:13:53 pm
Hate to keep beating a horse that's been dead for quite some time, but either one of the LRC teams could've beaten Springdale's '05 quad. Defense wins championships. That '03 Central team was good, matured and still took it to Springdale that next season. I'm sure Gus and the Bulldogs would've made some offensive adjustments, but it you continue to get blasted in the trenches on both sides of the ball (which I don't know what kind of adjustment SHS could've made to prevent that), it wouldn't have mattered. Those defenses were just too stout...period. But that's an old topic and people are going to have their opinions so it's a no-win discussion.

that's where my argument is coming from, defense wins championships.  It's the S-dale offense that got all the attention, put up BIG numbers, etc but what impressed me when I saw them was the defense.

RisonRacingFan

Quote from: BUGEATERS on August 28, 2007, 07:23:56 pm

that's where my argument is coming from, defense wins championships.  It's the S-dale offense that got all the attention, put up BIG numbers, etc but what impressed me when I saw them was the defense.

Defense does win Championships, that is why the same Coach (Gus) and the same offense was stopped by a supurb defense in the 2000 2A State Championship game.

Throwback1

August 29, 2007, 01:16:56 pm #110 Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 01:19:15 pm by Throwback1
Quote from: Rison Tradition on August 29, 2007, 01:11:51 pm
Quote from: BUGEATERS on August 28, 2007, 07:23:56 pm

Defense does win Championships, that is why the same Coach (Gus) and the same offense was stopped by a supurb defense in the 2000 2A State Championship game.

Defense wins championships might be one of those old truisms that just aren't quite as open and shut as they once were,but we all still say it.  If Defense wins championships, what SB team u think had the best D last year, Bears or Colts?  And, if Warren wins 4A this year, u think it's going to be their defense or that offense?   What about if Bearden or JC win 2A?   What about those Springdale teams a couple years back?  I think offense can win championships in this day and age just as well as defense can.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas