• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attn: Coaches - Preventive Bracing Program for High School Athletes

Started by BADGER POWER, January 27, 2007, 07:58:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BADGER POWER

One injury can change the course of an athlete's season or career. Protect your
athlete's health and future by participating in DonJoy's  Join the Club preventative bracing program. Today you can become part of an elite club comprised of over 250 collegiate and professional teams that are bracing preventatively with DonJoy products. You will have access to the same DonJoy products worn by the top athletes and teams in the world, but at a price that you can afford.

For obvious reasons, the smaller schools cannot brace their teams or even individual athletes in the same ways as the Division I schools because of their limited budgets.  Typically these smaller schools have to raise money from external sources, such as booster clubs, to pay for these expenses or the burden is passed on to the parents.  The only way to help these small schools is by making bracing affordable. Our Join the Club program does just that. We offer a 20% discount on every preventative bracing product in our Team Sports Catalog.

To join the Join the Club program is as simple as notifying your dj Orthopedics (DonJoy) representative (Keith Shireman - keithmxatc@yahoo.com).  There are no fees or contracts for a school to join the program.  There is no set limits on the amount of products that you have to buy (1 brace to 50 braces – it does not matter).  What's so great about the program is that even if the school is not purchasing the product, the athlete's parents can purchase the products at the same 20% discount.  The only difference is that the athlete's parents must purchase the product with a credit card.  As you can see the Join the Club program is designed to assist the student athlete.

I will be more than happy to meet with coaches, booster clubs or parents to help every athlete prevent those injuries from occuring. Thanks for your time.

Chickenhead

not ray

Chickenhead

not ray

BADGER POWER

This deal is the one that our high school uses and alot of other high schools in NW AR use as well. Using preventive products such as ankle and knee bracing have helped decrease our kids getting hurt and missing out on the entire FB season. I thought I would pass along the info for hepling your kids out as well.  This post was put back up after I emailed the moderator and explained to him what this was all about. This is not about profit or helping someone make money. This about helping our kids stay healthy and remembering their high school FB days for the rest of their lives.

oldguy_21

This is definitely about making money.  If it weren't then it wouldn't list a specific product name.  If you want to hype preventative bracing that's one thing, but don't say it's not about money when this is simply an advertisement.

Chickenhead

why is this one back?  I thought it was taken off. 
what the heck?

BusyMom

Hey.....if it looks like spam, smells like spam, and tastes like spam........IT IS SPAM! Guess he paid cash for his ad....... ;D ;)

techathtrainer

This is not spam. It is a program that has helped many athletes. I use it at my school for my kids. It helps them and their family save money. It also helps me and my budget when I have to buy protective equipment myself. This program is well worth it. It may have one name on it but it is the best that I have found and I have used a lot of different brace companies. I especially recommend it for smaller schools with few number athletes and a smaller budget.

BADGER POWER

Thanks for the post. I've refrained from posting about the other comments on this thread. It's something that alot of people don't understand. This program is used by alot of colleges and high schools. High schools like Rogers, Bentonville, Springdale, etc. Colleges like Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, USC as well as alot of other D-I schools. I even have athletes from PA, Ark. Baptist, Cabot who have called me asking about the products. I too have seen alot of brace companies come and go but Don Joy offers alot more than their competition. Their comopany logo is 'Never stop getting Better.' We are almost upon the football season soon and I'd be more than happy to visit with coaches or any individual about the products. Thanks for your time.

SingleWingGuru

August 17, 2007, 05:40:22 am #11 Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 06:00:50 am by Jeremy2653 (SWG)
"The American College of Sportsmedicine finds no correlation between preventative bracing and injury occurrence.  Thereto, said bracing finds itself prohibiting motion that would build joint strength and prevent injury naturally.  Bracing, in a rigid form, provides impact to the joint that would not be endured in normal occurrence.  Wrapped tape and bracing has been said to "Increase hydrostatic joint pressure, preventing joint wear and injury from impact."  Not only are such claims unsubstantiated, but increase in hydrostatic joint pressure [even when bracing/tape is applied at high tolerances] is minimal.  It is reccomended that bracing and wrapping only be used for rehabilitation of injuries.  Other braces, to prohibit motion from former injuries, should only be acquired with medical consent, guidance, and using professional medical equipment."

I don't really disagree or agree with either side of this, however, I think this is of note.  It seems that brace usage like this is prevalent because of marketing and a risk over reward ratio.  College programs and professionals see this as a possible (even if it isn't supported) prevention, and the monetary reward of possible prevention outweighs the fee.  USC has used the braces profusely for several years.  Yet, they still have reported 76 knee injuries in the past two seasons from team members.  Don Joy is also endorsed by the Arthritis Foundation of America.  This seems like a ringing endorsement, HOWEVER, DonJoy (or DJO) made the largest donation to the organization of any donor, EVER.  The endorsement is based upon little or no science.

bigtank

i think most D-1A schools use the stuff becasue the players have experianced an injury of somesort in that area before, no just to prevent something out of the blue but to prevent a reoccuence.  like knees for linemen

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas