• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1, 2, 3 west sweep

Started by razrbakcrzy, November 13, 2006, 01:30:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razrbakcrzy

November 13, 2006, 01:30:56 pm Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 01:36:10 pm by razrbakcrzy
What happened to all of the post that where talking up Bryant, LRC and the 7A Central last week?

Did somebody get their hat handed to them and delete all of their post before we could comment on the arrogance?

The #4 SS from the West knocks off #1 LRC from Central......

Fayettville scores 3 times the score of Bryant (21-7).......
Wow, Van Buren scored more points on Fayettville than Bryant and you people were laughing at Van Buren.

NLR beats Bentonville by 10.......
Van Buren scored 33 points against them?

Rogers Dominates Conway 42 - 0.......
Van Buren Scored 14 points on them While Holding them scoreless in the first half?

I think they overrated the 7a Central Conference big time.
Who needs to be moved into a smaller classification now?
Where are the weak teams, I think we all know.........

:'( :-\ :-[ :( ??? >:(   

farmtown balla

thank you for this post..these central guys we're beginning to get on my nerves...they think they are actually good...face it the west is the best and always will be...you guys might have a decent team every now and then but year in and year out the west is the toughest so you guys need to quit getting on here and acting like your better than us....you are OBVIOUSLY not!

couch potato

I know this is a forum to sound off, but try to show some class.  The scoreboard at the end of the game is all that needs to said.  BTW, I am from the 7a West. not Central.

mack

Quote from: razrbakcrzy on November 13, 2006, 01:30:56 pm
What happened to all of the post that where talking up Bryant, LRC and the 7A Central last week?

Did somebody get their hat handed to them and delete all of their post before we could comment on the arrogance?

Wow, Van Buren scored more points on Fayettville than Bryant and you people were laughing at Van Buren.

Van Buren Scored 14 points on them While Holding them scoreless in the first half?

Looks like part of your screen name is accurate.  I'm thinking the "crzy" part.  If you want to read an arrogant post, re-read yours.  I have been on here since long before the playoffs, and not once have I seen a 7A Central poster disrespect Van Buren.  I have seen several 7A West posters talk about how your program isn't top notch, but none from the Central.  Let me be the first.  "Wow, Van Buren scored more on Fayetteville than than Bryant,  Van Buren scored 33 points against Bentonville, Van Buren scored 14 points on Rogers", and Van Buren is still reading the paper on Saturday mornings to find out how the playoffs are going.  The 7A West has been dominant over the last two decades, you can at least enjoy being a part of that.

hornet2

Quote from: farmtown balla on November 13, 2006, 01:38:44 pm
thank you for this post..these central guys we're beginning to get on my nerves...they think they are actually good...face it the west is the best and always will be...you guys might have a decent team every now and then but year in and year out the west is the toughest so you guys need to quit getting on here and acting like your better than us....you are OBVIOUSLY not!

Who has got on here and acted like the Central is better? The Mighty West has always earned everyone's respect, but I do think that by eliminating the East and the South, the small schools are no longer in play. Yes, this year the bottom part of the Central stuck big time with Pine Bluff, Catholic, Russellville and Cabot only winning a couple of conference games each. Conway really was not that good either. However, I still think the top three teams in our conference are good and next year our whole conference will be much better. Cabot, Russellville, Catholic, Bryant and Central all have over half of their starting lineups returning for next year. Can you say that about Bentonville, Fayetteville, Southside and Rogers? I personally don't know about the rosters for NLR, Pine Bluff and Conway. I was told that they have youth mixed with seniors for this year. Next year watch out and maybe the Central will be on par with the West. That is all we are striving for. By the way if Central had been wise enough to take a safety at the end of the game then the Central conference would have gone 2-2. By the way, you can't use the word "Sweep" unless you actually sweep all 4 games. You just won 3 out of 4. That is not a sweep. I am personally pulling for Fayetteville to win it all since Patton is due a title. He is truly a great coach. I told his wife at the Bryant game that I wished them well.

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: mack on November 13, 2006, 01:53:40 pm

Looks like part of your screen name is accurate.  I'm thinking the "crzy" part.  If you want to read an arrogant post, re-read yours.  I have been on here since long before the playoffs, and not once have I seen a 7A Central poster disrespect Van Buren.  I have seen several 7A West posters talk about how your program isn't top notch, but none from the Central.  Let me be the first.  "Wow, Van Buren scored more on Fayetteville than than Bryant,  Van Buren scored 33 points against Bentonville, Van Buren scored 14 points on Rogers", and Van Buren is still reading the paper on Saturday mornings to find out how the playoffs are going.  The 7A West has been dominant over the last two decades, you can at least enjoy being a part of that.
May I add.........Ouch!

dj

One thing about it,if I weren't for the weak teams in the Central part of the state,the Razorbacks sure would not be winning the way they are.
The west has a advantage with better facilities,coaching and the Numbers. The money thats pumped into the programs,and the backing of the community is a major factor that makes for success. It requires involvement and unity within the schools which many of them lack in LRSD. Things are going to turn around soon. We will dominate once a retirement of one coach takes place.

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: dj on November 13, 2006, 02:41:31 pm

One thing about it,if I weren't for the weak teams in the Central part of the state,the Razorbacks sure would not be winning the way they are.
The west has a advantage with better facilities,coaching and the Numbers. The money thats pumped into the programs,and the backing of the community is a major factor that makes for success. It requires involvement and unity within the schools which many of them lack in LRSD. Things are going to turn around soon. We will dominate once a retirement of one coach takes place.
Quote from: dj on November 13, 2006, 02:41:31 pm

We have heard your opinion of Cox. Please don't feel the need to repeat it over and over because you are in a club of one on this board. I guess they've won all those championships in spite of him. You are the only poster on here that actually manages to antagonize virtually everyone. That must be some sort of record for an adult. I think the way Will Smith would put it is, "I know you want to speak your mind but dang....".

not ray

So when Bernie Cox retires the upswing will begin???  One of the deans of high school coaches across America retires things will get better in the Rock for the football teams.  That one is a real mind twister.  Might take someone from NASA to figure that one out.  Honestly, I think that is the last thing that is needed for Central and the rest of the schools in the area. 

dj

Quote from: S.D. Jones on November 13, 2006, 03:02:17 pm
So when Bernie Cox retires the upswing will begin???  One of the deans of high school coaches across America retires things will get better in the Rock for the football teams.  That one is a real mind twister.  Might take someone from NASA to figure that one out.  Honestly, I think that is the last thing that is needed for Central and the rest of the schools in the area. 

darn RIGHT IT WILL BE! If you take the offensive system that these younger coaches run and put it in place with the talent Central has they will be awesome. I mean if you got a team with several players on offense running 4.4 4.5 4.6 fourty times spread the field and let them make plays! Thats the only reason the times out of the West out play us,its the Schemes. If you were at the game the other night. When Central went to the spread,they marched the field and had two big plays that moved the ball 75 yards in 4 plays. We didn't throw the ball to Charles Clay in the open field all night. Cox ran him on power plays and he re-injuried his shoulder after several hits trying to running him up the middle. Charles Clay destoryed people all year with the ball in the open field. The one play he gets the ball in the open field,he almost scores. He dragged a kid after a catch and run to the 8 yard line. When we changed to the spread it was obvious southside wasn't  prepared for a wide open attack. They only put 9 men in the box all night,against a team know for running the power I for the last 30 years. One heck of a game plan to prepare for. Something is wrong when a 10-0 team loses at home like that,I could see if we had several fumbles,Turnovers etc. But when you have one of the best running backs in Clay and best Receivers in the state and you don't find ways to get the ball in their hands,thats coaching. In this day and age you have to make adjustments and change things up. These teams have coaches in the press box and everything. The whole tiger staff is on the sideline. If you have someone in the press box,you can radio down to the sideline and call a play action when the safety cheats up on run support all night. I spoke to Bruce James at half time and he said the same thing. He was like add some motion in the offense,a bootleg,play action and we would kill em. After a Couple of Central passes they double covered receivers on 3 and long all night because Bernie choose to send 2 receivers out on pass routes on the short side of the field in a obivious passing down. Im going to get off my soap box,because Im hacked off just like about a dozen of my former teamates and classmates were in the stands the other night. I mentioned that conservative play calling would be the only thing to get us beat in the playoffs 2 weeks ago and people got mad. It happen. Conservative Cox,thats the nickname we have been saying for over 15 years. Just cause he is a High School coach doesn't mean he can't be criticized. Most of you all did it too Nutt,he made changes and look at the Razorbacks now. I said 3 years ago he needed to hire a offensive coordinator. Count on one hand how many delay of game penalties and uneccessary time outs the hogs have had to call. But line the game is about stradegy,adjustments and excution!

not ray

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

razrbakcrzy

November 13, 2006, 03:52:49 pm #11 Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 04:00:03 pm by razrbakcrzy
WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO! somebody's got some hurt feelings! :'(

It's simple, If one of the lowest ranked teams in the West division can outscore the teams in the Central division against the higher ranked team in the west,  that means your division is the weaker of the 2!

your Division can't even out preform one of the lowest ranked team in the west much less the #1 ranked team. "foget a bout it!!!"

The West is the best!!!!!

Oh and the sweep reference was to the top 3 positions in the 7a. Not all playoff games.

chiefsfan

Quote from: razrbakcrzy on November 13, 2006, 03:52:49 pm

It's simple, If one of the lowest ranked teams in the West division can outscore the teams in the Central division against the higher ranked team in the west,  that means your division is the weaker of the 2!

your Division can't even out preform one of the lowest ranked team in the west much less the #1 ranked team. "foget a bout it!!!"

since you are a razorback fan, I wanted to use your math to a little practical use

Miss State beat Alabama by 14 points...therfore they should beat Arkansas 13...

Van Buren scored 33 on Bentonville...Big Whoop.   They wouldnt come close to beating any of the top 3 teams from the Central...I know that, and you know that.  NLR dominated Bentonville in every phase of the game, after many of your counterparts were on here saying that the opposite would happen.   So now your response after NLR wins, is that Van Buren scored more so Bentonville isnt any good

There isnt a top offense in the Central division...   there isnt a top defense in the west division.   The question of this playoffs is that if good offense plays good defense, which wins.   So far the answer has been offense.

Just remember that the west still may not win the state title this year.   you still have on team left to knock off...

mack

November 13, 2006, 04:21:04 pm #13 Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 04:28:10 pm by mack

It will be difficult at best to match wits with you.  You are a shining beacon of thought in an otherwise dark 7A West.  I will "foget a bout it".  I don't have disrespect for the West.  If you read[or if you can read, you sure can't spell], you would see that I admitted to the West's dominance for the last 20 years.  If you aren't a knucklehead, you would have to admit the SS/Central game could have gone either way.  If you read[oops, forgot about that reading thing] the Saturday paper, you saw that a Central 3 seed beat a West 2.  It could easily have been 2-2 in the first round this year.  After this Friday, it may well be a Western finals.  If so, I will congratulate SS for beating my 'Cats, and again praise the West as the supreme conference in all the land.  If the miracle I am praying for comes to fruition[are my words too big for you?], and NLR wins the next two games, I will be happy.  I will still say the 7A West is dominant overall.  If we lose, well, Van Buren had nothing to do with it.

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: mack on November 13, 2006, 04:21:04 pm

It will be difficult at best to match wits with you.  You are a shining beacon of thought in an otherwise dark 7A West.  I will "foget a bout it".  I don't have disrespect for the West.  If you read[or if you can read, you sure can't spell], you would see that I admitted to the West's dominance for the last 20 years.  If you aren't a knucklehead, you would have to admit the SS/Central game could have gone either way.  If you read[oops, forgot about that reading thing] the Saturday paper, you saw that a Central 3 seed beat a West 2.  It could easily have been 2-2 in the first round this year.  After this Friday, it may well be a Western finals.  If so, I will congratulate SS for beating my 'Cats, and again praise the West as the supreme conference in all the land.  If the miracle I am praying for comes to fruition[are my words too big for you?], and NLR wins the next two games, I will be happy.  I will still say the 7A West is dominant overall.  If we lose, well, Van Buren had nothing to do with it.

Oh, the shark, babe, has such teeth, dear
      And it shows them pearly white
      Just a jackknife has old MacHeath, babe
      And he keeps it ... ah ... out of sight.

Ya know when that shark bites, with his teeth, babe
      Scarlet billows start to spread
      Fancy gloves, though, wears old MacHeath, babe
      So there's nevah, nevah a trace of red.

Now on the sidewalk ... uuh, huh ... whoo ... sunny mornin' ... uuh, huh
      Lies a body just oozin' life ... eeek!
      And someone's sneakin' 'round the corner
      Could that someone be Mack the Knife?

MeanGreen

Hey don't bring VB into your crying. If VB was in the 7A Central your Conway Cats would be home ,"Reading the Paper." In fact if VB didn't win it, the would've finished 2nd. I ahve never taken shots at a team in the Central, but since your gonna disrespect my team , then here ya go.  CONWAY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!LOL

ganglion

Quote from: MeanGreen on November 13, 2006, 06:03:42 pm
Hey don't bring VB into your crying. If VB was in the 7A Central your Conway Cats would be home ,"Reading the Paper." In fact if VB didn't win it, the would've finished 2nd. I ahve never taken shots at a team in the Central, but since your gonna disrespect my team , then here ya go.  CONWAY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!LOL

Got nothing against Van Buren.  Wouldn't have said anything till Razrbckcrzy started talking trash about the 7A Central, and using Van Buren as the measuring stick.  In retrospect, I should have just castigated R-Crazy instead of dragging his team into it.  He just made it too convenient by using what your team did as the standard to measure the Central by.

However, I must point out, Conway beat Bentonville.  Did you?  How then might you be 1st or 2nd in the Central?

nlrfootball#83

Oh and the sweep reference was to the top 3 positions in the 7a. Not all playoff games.

Okay if our division cant out perform the your team what division are you in because it is the Central and Western Confrence that when put together equal the 7A Arkansas High School Football Division. People like you give the Western confrence teams a bad rep. Why dont you just sit back and watch the game because for one the #3 seed team from the Central CONFRENCE beat the #2 seed team from the Western CONFRENCE. So stop making excuse because I am honestly sick of hearing people bash the Central CONFRENCE and act like we dont have a chance in heck of winnning well in case you didnt read the papers we are one game away from playing for state. So unless you are one of the star players for southside and can make a difference in the game. I suggest you shut up and let the real players do the talking.

Baitshop

Quote from: Tony the Tiger on November 13, 2006, 05:09:07 pm

Oh, the shark, babe, has such teeth, dear
      And it shows them pearly white
      Just a jackknife has old MacHeath, babe
      And he keeps it ... ah ... out of sight.

Ya know when that shark bites, with his teeth, babe
      Scarlet billows start to spread
      Fancy gloves, though, wears old MacHeath, babe
      So there's nevah, nevah a trace of red.

Now on the sidewalk ... uuh, huh ... whoo ... sunny mornin' ... uuh, huh
      Lies a body just oozin' life ... eeek!
      And someone's sneakin' 'round the corner
      Could that someone be Mack the Knife?

Tony...........you are showing your age.......... ;D ;D

bear

In the non-conference head to head match ups the 7A West beat the 7A Central 8 -1.

In the playoffs we are 3-1....you make the call.

Interestingly Bentonville lost both games.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Bear on November 13, 2006, 09:37:24 pm
In the non-conference head to head match ups the 7A West beat the 7A Central 8 -1.

Bentonville really wasnt as good as everyone made them out to be this year.   They finished the year 7-4, and are still #5 in the Hootens poll.   

That being said, NLR could win state this year and I might still say the west is the strongest conference...   Its just when you bring Van Buren into the argument...     I will be the first to admit, CONWAY is BAAAD.   but the argument above the Van Buren would be 2nd in the Central is just ludicrous

Could Van Buren beat Pine Bluff and Catholic...yep,    Russelville Cabot and Conway, Maybe.   NLR Bryant and Central...nope

BetweenTheHedges

I'm as much a West homer as anyone... but are yall seriously trying to compare VB to LRC and Bryant? Yeah... those teams lost. And you guys have lost every conference game you've played since when? since you left the 4A? Bryant and Central wouldve beat you by 30+, just like every other team did. 8 years out of 10 the West is going to be stronger than the Central. But that has nothing to do with Van Buren... we'd trade yall to get Russellville back in a heart beat -- but then we wouldnt have a gimme on the schedules anymore.

dj, you're an idiot. Bernie Cox has earned the right step down whenever he see's fit. He is an Arkansas coaching legend... and you are what? a fan? a fan that get's bored with Central's brand of football, and waits for an opportunity to blame a loss on handing the football off? I guess the game has just changed immensely since Central was winning back to back state titles in '03 and '04.

OLDGOLD

November 14, 2006, 04:09:23 am #22 Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 04:12:06 am by OLDGOLD
Quote from: chiefsfan on November 14, 2006, 01:10:34 am

Bentonville really wasnt as good as everyone made them out to be this year.   They finished the year 7-4, and are still #5 in the Hootens poll.  

That being said, NLR could win state this year and I might still say the west is the strongest conference...   Its just when you bring Van Buren into the argument...     I will be the first to admit, CONWAY is BAAAD.   but the argument above the Van Buren would be 2nd in the Central is just ludicrous

Could Van Buren beat Pine Bluff and Catholic...yep,    Russelville Cabot and Conway, Maybe.   NLR Bryant and Central...nope
Ok so your saying third place? Possibly, that's better than staying home in the West! By the way I love the Central, but the offensive philosophies are totally different. Look what VB did to Mountain Home, and look how well they did after VB played them. VB isn't the awful team that it has been made out to be. Kudos MH!

OLDGOLD

Quote from: Hedges on November 14, 2006, 02:51:04 am
And you guys have lost every conference game you've played since when? since you left the 4A?
1996  12-1-1 (7-0) 1st out of 8 teams in AAAA West under Coach Gary Autry

1995  10-2-0 (6-1-0) 1st out of 8 teams in AAAA West under Coach Gary Autry

1994  6-3-0 (4-3-0) tied for 4th out of 8 teams in AAAA West under Coach Gary Autry

1993  4-6-0 (2-5-0) tied for 6th out of 8 teams in AAAA West under Coach Gary Autry

1992  5-4-1 (3-4-0) 6th out of 8 teams in AAAA West under Coach Gary Autry

1991  7-4-0 (4-3-0) in a 3 way tie for 3rd out of 8 teams in AAAA West under
AAAA State Champs 1996.
THe AAAA was then now the same 7A Conference. You must be a youngin.
Thanks Arkansas Sports Preps for the Stats.

not ray

Bentonville really wasnt as good as everyone made them out to be this year.   They finished the year 7-4, and are still #5 in the Hootens poll.  

That being said, NLR could win state this year and I might still say the west is the strongest conference...   Its just when you bring Van Buren into the argument...     I will be the first to admit, CONWAY is BAAAD.   but the argument above the Van Buren would be 2nd in the Central is just ludicrous

Could Van Buren beat Pine Bluff and Catholic...yep,    Russelville Cabot and Conway, Maybe.   NLR Bryant and Central...nope

I do believe that Bentonville was about as good as they were thought to be.  They took the best team in the state to overtime after being way down.  At that point it was either teams game. Then they are playing Conway (who they did lose to).  But this time around they would have beaten by at least 2 scores if not more.  And that is with Rucker out.  The only game they really did not have a chance to win was the NLR game.  They were quite close to winning all of them.  Any team that is coached by Barry Lunney is going to be good.  Just ask any of the teams or coaches that went up against them if it was easy and they were not a top ranked team.  They made the playoffs and they were better than the other teams that got other than Central who probably should be ranked ahead of them.  But if anyone here is actually crying over not being ranked 5th then you need to get a grip on what the actual prize is.  I am very certain that Bentonville is very disappointed in their ranking.  That is no consolation at all.  You get nothing for being ranked anything less than second.

ganglion

Quote from: S.D. Jones on November 14, 2006, 09:20:58 am

I do believe that Bentonville was about as good as they were thought to be.  They took the best team in the state to overtime after being way down.  At that point it was either teams game. Then they are playing Conway (who they did lose to).  But this time around they would have beaten by at least 2 scores if not more.  And that is with Rucker out.  The only game they really did not have a chance to win was the NLR game.  They were quite close to winning all of them.  Any team that is coached by Barry Lunney is going to be good.  Just ask any of the teams or coaches that went up against them if it was easy and they were not a top ranked team.  They made the playoffs and they were better than the other teams that got other than Central who probably should be ranked ahead of them.  But if anyone here is actually crying over not being ranked 5th then you need to get a grip on what the actual prize is.  I am very certain that Bentonville is very disappointed in their ranking.  That is no consolation at all.  You get nothing for being ranked anything less than second.

IMO, there are probably three teams from the Central, and four teams from the West that on any night, could beat any of the others.  I think that has been proven by the scores seen late in the season.[possible exception being Rogers, who has run the table so far]  Central and SS had a defensive struggle at 7-3, but I think both of them have what it takes to win a championship.  I think the same about NLR, Fayetteville, Bentonville and Bryant.  Luck is usually a big part of any championship run.  But, truthfully, luck seems to favor those who work the hardest.

Bogey

They COULD beat Pine Bluff, and maybe Catholic.  Doubtful they would beat Russellville.  Highly doubtful they would beat Cabot or Conway
No way they would beat Central, NLR or Bryant.

Therefore, they would be in about the same place in the Central that they are in the West.

This is really strange that there is an argument about this because there is absolutely no way in knowing since they have not, nor will not ever play.

mack

Quote from: Bogey on November 14, 2006, 09:52:42 am

They COULD beat Pine Bluff, and maybe Catholic.  Doubtful they would beat Russellville.  Highly doubtful they would beat Cabot or Conway
No way they would beat Central, NLR or Bryant.

Therefore, they would be in about the same place in the Central that they are in the West.

This is really strange that there is an argument about this because there is absolutely no way in knowing since they have not, nor will not ever play.

That's the beauty of it, argument for argument's sake!

btownfan

im from the central and i just wanted to say this is the west year they've earned it give there due....................

next year should be the central

razrbakcrzy

C'mon Guy's & Gal's get it throught your heads. This statment was meant to provoke your responses.

If I had not wanted to hear what you had to say I would not have posted it.

It's like an on off switch and I have the ability to flip it whenever I want to. You also have the ability to flip the switch. If you will just do it!

What are we on this board for! To discuss HS football and to brag about our team and cut on other peoples teams.

These things are what this is all about..........

I have respect for every young man who gets on that gridiron and lays down his blood for his team mates. That is what football and really all team sports are about, teaching a young man about sacrificing of ones self for the betterment of the team! How to let somebody depend on you and know that you will do your best to get the job done! How to hold up your end of the log. TEAMWORK!

But this board is full of people who take the responses of others to much to heart! I love a good argument! and to watch these people try to provoke you into their argument is really funny.

They talk about your education.
They talk about your spelling when most (sp) mistake are really tying errors.
They use childish taunts to try to provoke you into losing your cool.
Their sophmoric tenor and ideology, suggest that they are the ones who are lacking education and need gramatical tutelage.

If you want to get under my skin you need to be much more intelligent than that!!

Oh! One more thing bashing VB will not provoke me either! Because, now when we read the Saturday moring sports section, all the players and fans of Bryant, LRC & Conway will be right there with us. While the Best of the west continue to play on!

FLIP!!!!!
:)   

thesport

go fay-town beat rodgers and win state yalls my boys

mack

Quote from: razrbakcrzy on November 14, 2006, 10:46:38 am
C'mon Guy's & Gal's get it throught your heads. This statment was meant to provoke your responses.

If I had not wanted to hear what you had to say I would not have posted it.

It's like an on off switch and I have the ability to flip it whenever I want to. You also have the ability to flip the switch. If you will just do it!

What are we on this board for! To discuss HS football and to brag about our team and cut on other peoples teams.

These things are what this is all about..........

I have respect for every young man who gets on that gridiron and lays down his blood for his team mates. That is what football and really all team sports are about, teaching a young man about sacrificing of ones self for the betterment of the team! How to let somebody depend on you and know that you will do your best to get the job done! How to hold up your end of the log. TEAMWORK!

But this board is full of people who take the responses of others to much to heart! I love a good argument! and to watch these people try to provoke you into their argument is really funny.

Their sophmoric tenor and ideology, suggest that they are the ones who are lacking education and need gramatical tutelage.

If you want to get under my skin you need to be much more intelligent than that!!

Oh! One more thing bashing VB will not provoke me either! Because, now when we read the Saturday moring sports section, all the players and fans of Bryant, LRC & Conway will be right there with us. While the Best of the west continue to play on!

FLIP!!!!!
:)   

Dang it, from this moment on I will devote myself to finding your particular kind of Kryptonite.

BetweenTheHedges

;D

Rebel Fan 84

Quote from: dj on November 13, 2006, 03:29:06 pm
Quote from: S.D. Jones on November 13, 2006, 03:02:17 pm

darn RIGHT IT WILL BE! If you take the offensive system that these younger coaches run and put it in place with the talent Central has they will be awesome. I mean if you got a team with several players on offense running 4.4 4.5 4.6 fourty times spread the field and let them make plays! Thats the only reason the times out of the West out play us,its the Schemes. If you were at the game the other night. When Central went to the spread,they marched the field and had two big plays that moved the ball 75 yards in 4 plays. We didn't throw the ball to Charles Clay in the open field all night. Cox ran him on power plays and he re-injuried his shoulder after several hits trying to running him up the middle. Charles Clay destoryed people all year with the ball in the open field. The one play he gets the ball in the open field,he almost scores. He dragged a kid after a catch and run to the 8 yard line. When we changed to the spread it was obvious southside wasn't  prepared for a wide open attack. They only put 9 men in the box all night,against a team know for running the power I for the last 30 years. One heck of a game plan to prepare for. Something is wrong when a 10-0 team loses at home like that,I could see if we had several fumbles,Turnovers etc. But when you have one of the best running backs in Clay and best Receivers in the state and you don't find ways to get the ball in their hands,thats coaching. In this day and age you have to make adjustments and change things up. These teams have coaches in the press box and everything. The whole tiger staff is on the sideline. If you have someone in the press box,you can radio down to the sideline and call a play action when the safety cheats up on run support all night. I spoke to Bruce James at half time and he said the same thing. He was like add some motion in the offense,a bootleg,play action and we would kill em. After a Couple of Central passes they double covered receivers on 3 and long all night because Bernie choose to send 2 receivers out on pass routes on the short side of the field in a obivious passing down. Im going to get off my soap box,because Im hacked off just like about a dozen of my former teamates and classmates were in the stands the other night. I mentioned that conservative play calling would be the only thing to get us beat in the playoffs 2 weeks ago and people got mad. It happen. Conservative Cox,thats the nickname we have been saying for over 15 years. Just cause he is a High School coach doesn't mean he can't be criticized. Most of you all did it too Nutt,he made changes and look at the Razorbacks now. I said 3 years ago he needed to hire a offensive coordinator. Count on one hand how many delay of game penalties and uneccessary time outs the hogs have had to call. But line the game is about stradegy,adjustments and excution!

DJ,

I'm not trying to provoke a huge debate but what players on Central run a 4.4/40 or 4.5/40?  I just did not see that kind of speed on your team.  I'm not disrespecting your team but SHS looked faster and in better shape than Central.

chiefsfan

November 14, 2006, 01:51:28 pm #34 Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 01:54:06 pm by chiefsfan
Quote from: OLDGOLD on November 14, 2006, 04:09:23 am

Ok so your saying third place? Possibly, that's better than staying home in the West! By the way I love the Central, but the offensive philosophies are totally  different. Look what VB did to Mountain Home, and look how well they did after VB played them. VB isn't the awful team that it has been made out to be. Kudos MH!

Third place?   No, You would not even make the playoffs.  I said you would have no chance agains the top 3 teams in the central...    The best you would probably do is 6th place.   Maybe 5th...   Better then being out west... but not much

mack

Quote from: Hedges on November 14, 2006, 01:25:18 pm
;D

Hedges, stop it.  You're killin' me. Hilarious, whether from a Central or a West fan! lol

razrbakcrzy

November 14, 2006, 03:02:14 pm #36 Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 03:12:55 pm by razrbakcrzy
Quote from: mack on November 14, 2006, 02:51:45 pm
They talk about your spelling when most (sp) mistake are really typing errors.
Their sophomoric tenor and ideology, suggest that they are the ones who are lacking education and need gramatical tutelage.
;D

Hedges, stop it.  You're killin' me. Hilarious, whether from a Central or a West fan! lol

Ok,OK I'll correct it for you.......If you really need it to be perfect----Jr.

typing
sophomoric

Excuse me! somtimes brain is actually faster than my fingers!

Tutelage look it up if you can pronounce it.

Noun: tutelage (tootlij)
1. Teaching Pupils individually (usually by a tutor hired privately)
2. Attention and management implying responsibility for safety.

mack

Quote from: razrbakcrzy on November 14, 2006, 03:02:14 pm
Quote from: mack on November 14, 2006, 02:51:45 pm
They talk about your spelling when most (sp) mistake are really typing errors.
Their sophomoric tenor and ideology, suggest that they are the ones who are lacking education and need gramatical tutelage.
;D

Ok,OK I'll correct it for you.......If you really need it to be perfect----Jr.

typing
sophomoric

Excuse me! somtimes brain is actually faster than my fingers!

Tutelage look it up if you can pronounce it.

Noun: tutelage (tootlij)
1. Teaching Pupils individually (usually by a tutor hired privately)
2. Attention and management implying responsibility for safety.

Don't forget gramatical!  Once that is done, you will have attained Central conference honor student status.

RickRoss69

chiefsfan is a total moron. i think that it's Michael Durr. he's the only person that i can think of that would say so many retarded things

mack

Quote from: RickRoss69 on November 14, 2006, 03:23:53 pm
chiefsfan is a total moron. i think that it's Michael Durr. he's the only person that i can think of that would say so many retarded things

I believe he is the result of a horrible cloning experiment gone wrong.  He is actually,,, Mini-dj.

razrbakcrzy

I bow to your knowledge, o' high chieftan of everything that is right!!

I have wavered and been found lacking at the hands of the central conference, boo, hoo, hoo.........

mack

Quote from: razrbakcrzy on November 14, 2006, 03:42:23 pm

I have wavered and been found lacking at the hands of the central conference, boo, hoo, hoo.........

No, no, we welcome your support of our Central teams with open arms.  Come on over to the light.

Tony the Tiger

Conferences aside, your intelligence speaks for itself. Also, you should know that it is I who am omnipotent. If you'd like you can run your posts by me for corrections. After a few weeks people might believe you had graduated from middle school. I'd be happy to help!

ganglion

Quote from: Tony the Tiger on November 14, 2006, 04:56:23 pm

Conferences aside, your intelligence speaks for itself. Also, you should know that it is I who am omnipotent. If you'd like you can run your posts by me for corrections. After a few weeks people might believe you had graduated from middle school. I'd be happy to help!

I've heard of the great DJ Grand Master Flash, but now it's Headmaster T. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas