• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"LAST YEAR" Get over it Springdale!

Started by Fanofallfootball, October 15, 2006, 04:56:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fanofallfootball

olddog79  Looks like "last year" truly was the last year for a while!

Just keep thinking "last year"  "last year"  "last year"

Maybe this is a big part of the problem with the team this year.  We need to move on and do everything possible to support the current coaches and team.  The "BANDWAGON" is now so empty it almost takes flight it is so light every time it takes off.  Amazing isn't it.  We knew from the day that Coach Malzahn came that he would leave Springdale just as he did Shiloh for the next ring on his ladder of success.  GET OVER IT.  There may not be another Gus Malzahn out there (and Springdale can't get Shiloh's coach this time) but I am sure there is a good coach coming up out there if Coach Johnson doesn't find a way to bring the program back up.  But remember even Gus had a difficult time his first year - made the playoffs but lost in the first round I think. 

2006 Seniors keep working and playing the way you have been trained to play since your junior high days.  You are THE SPRINGDALE BULLDOGS and you have four more conference games to prove it.

olddog79

Quote from: Fanofallfootball on October 15, 2006, 04:56:32 pm

Maybe this is a big part of the problem with the team this year.  We need to move on and do everything possible to support the current coaches and team.  The "BANDWAGON" is now so empty it almost takes flight it is so light every time it takes off.  Amazing isn't it.  We knew from the day that Coach Malzahn came that he would leave Springdale just as he did Shiloh for the next ring on his ladder of success.  GET OVER IT.  There may not be another Gus Malzahn out there (and Springdale can't get Shiloh's coach this time) but I am sure there is a good coach coming up out there if Coach Johnson doesn't find a way to bring the program back up.  But remember even Gus had a difficult time his first year - made the playoffs but lost in the first round I think. 

2006 Seniors keep working and playing the way you have been trained to play since your junior high days.  You are THE SPRINGDALE BULLDOGS and you have four more conference games to prove it.

Why are you addressing this to me? I have only been supportive of this team, just as I did last year, and the year before that. So what's your beef with me? Or are just enjoying these boys hard times?

thebigshot

He just mad they didn't get a state championship ring when he was playing football.

Fanofallfootball

October 16, 2006, 08:47:07 am #3 Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 08:53:42 am by Fanofallfootball
olddog79  you did bring up "last year" in your post but I did not mean to offend you personally.

As for this year's boys, I know several of them very, very well and care a great deal about what they are having to deal with.  I hope they can find a way to win and go far.  I especially hope Paxton a speedy recovery.  Really sorry about Pianalto - great guy, great family.

Hard choices are made in life.  I am sure it was a difficult choice to split the high school.  Let's hope the transition doesn't hurt for too long.  I have to admit there is a part of me that wishes Springdale had just gone with one big school like a lot of other states do.  But then I guess the AAA would have to put them in a conference by themselves and call it (8)AAAAAAAA.

Seems like all the work that Gus did was lost.  It enabled him to get the big jump to Arkansas.  But the Arkansas high schools and Springdale only enjoyed the "fifteen minutes of fame" as opposed to being able to build on the things accomplished - national ranking, nationally recognized players, etc.  Maybe the experienced coach (Wood) should have been the choice for the Bulldogs and Coach Johnson could have gotten the head coach experience with the developing program.  Just a thought.

MountieMin

Quote from: Fanofallfootball on October 16, 2006, 08:47:07 am
olddog79  you did bring up "last year" in your post but I did not mean to offend you personally.

How can you say you didn't mean to offend him personally?  He was the only one you singled out . . .

joekuhl

Did they win 2nite?

dj

One and Done Baby! Its over! They may not make the playoffs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas