• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Illegal Man Down Field?

Started by billsweeter, September 23, 2006, 09:20:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

billsweeter

Ok so we were running a screen and the receiver who was supposed to catch the screen didn't know the play and ran off. the linemen went down field like they are supposed to but our QB had to scramble and threw the ball to a diffrent receiver who was standing about 2 yards in front of the line of scrimmage. the ball hit about 5 yards in front of the line of scrimmage and the receiver was coming back so he was past the line of scrimmage. they called illegal man down field but the ball was not thrown past the line of scrimmage. it was thrown to a receiver who was past the line. so whats the correct call?

mudslog

billsweeter

Quote from: mudslog on September 23, 2006, 09:24:29 pm
Time to get a new quarterback
you think? i mean all his linemen left for a screen and he got away and was able to throw the ball in the dirt avoiding a sack or and interception?

mudslog

ball has to land beyond the line of scrimmage.

billsweeter

O i missed that rule. every ball you throw has to pass the line of scrimamge.

Rulesman

Quote from: billsweeter on September 23, 2006, 09:20:54 pm
...the ball was not thrown past the line of scrimmage. it was thrown to a receiver who was past the line...
You are contradicting yourself. Did the pass cross the LOS or didn't it?

billsweeter

Quote from: Rulesman on September 24, 2006, 03:13:40 pm
...the ball was not thrown past the line of scrimmage. it was thrown to a receiver who was past the line...
No the ball hit the ground before the LOS but what iam saying is that he has to throw to a receiver or it is intentional grounding so i was just saying that his intended receiver was past the LOS but the ball landed behind it.

Rulesman

Quote from: billsweeter on September 24, 2006, 05:05:30 pm
No the ball hit the ground before the LOS but what iam saying is that he has to throw to a receiver or it is intentional grounding so i was just saying that his intended receiver was past the LOS but the ball landed behind it.
Next down (no foul).

billsweeter

Quote from: Rulesman on September 25, 2006, 08:43:11 pm
Quote from: billsweeter on September 24, 2006, 05:05:30 pm
Next down (no foul).
not were we played lol.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas