• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 Top QB's!!!

Started by 0Super_Scrapper7, April 05, 2006, 08:27:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0Super_Scrapper7

Everyone knows that Mitch Mustain is the best qb in ark and the usa, but in 2005, out of classification in arkansas (AA,AAA,AAAA,AAAAA) who would your top 5 qb's be.

GrizzlyCarnes6

burns
ryan isabell
dude from fayettiville
ino the others

old timer

Judging by Rivals and Scout looks like:

Burns     Northside
Loucks     PA
Peterman   NLR
McCutheon   Fayetteville
Simpson    Shiloh

Roadtostate

McCutheon  Fayetteville
Burns           Northside
Johnson       Watson Chapel
Johnson       chapel
Loucks         PA

Big_Show

Burns- FS Northside
Simpson- Shiloh
Whitmore- Nashville
Loucks- Pulaski Academy
Paxton- Springdale

old timer

Any word on who will participate in the QB1 challenge this summer.  That should answer any questions on who should be considered a top QB.

Big_Show

The returning champion Simpson from Shiloh will be in it.... Im sure all the guys I listed above will be in it as well along with McCutheon from Fayetteville and Cody Kirby from Rogers.

old timer

I thought McCutheon was a runner.

nlrwildcat8

HSFBF

Is there a list and when is the event? Did Mustain win last year or year before? Seems like the Rogers QB last year was in top 5 or maybe the year before..  Who picks the QBs who participate? Burns and MuCutheon must be two for sure. Any AA or AAA QBs on the list?

olddog79

Quote from: HSFBF on April 18, 2006, 10:21:35 pm
Is there a list and when is the event? Did Mustain win last year or year before?
Mitch won it the year before (2004), but didn't participate last year.

RHS

Settle down constantine.

nlrwildcat8

It's July 12th - 14th with competition the 14th.  Dont know if there is a list because all QB's invited must reply if they plan on attending.  Im sure that the initial 10 invitees have been notified.

Burto

Micheal Nova- remember the name..........................................

olddog79

Quote from: constantine on April 18, 2006, 11:42:26 pm
Quote from: olddog79 on April 18, 2006, 11:14:01 pm
Is there a list and when is the event? Did Mustain win last year or year before?
Mitch won it the year before (2004), but didn't participate last year.

No he did not.....Irwin from Lr Cent won it in 2004 and Simpson won it last year......get your facts straight
My bad.....I'll have myself taken out and shot at dawn.

fbhound

Yes, Irwin won 2 years ago but was third place until the last day. A lot of things go into getting to #1 spot at end of the competition. There is even a written test either at the beginning or the end and significant points for that test, like 25%. I could be wrong but heard that from an organizer .... The 12 QBs invited will definitely be in the top 15 QBs in the entire state. I do not know if they take stats from last year or two years running or what, but somehow a selection is made. Can anyone provide a list of those known NOW to be in the mix? Can regular fans attend? Might be fun but Springdale is a long way from up here in north central AR... LOL

RHS

Anyone can attend to watch if they so please.

bknight33

Quote from: RHS on April 19, 2006, 01:49:06 pm
Anyone can attend to watch if they so please.

You are no longer welcome per Jason Allen.

dogfan07

Quote from: Big Show on April 18, 2006, 04:07:05 pm
The returning champion Simpson from Shiloh will be in it.... Im sure all the guys I listed above will be in it as well along with McCutheon from Fayetteville and Cody Kirby from Rogers.

i want to know how you could say a qb that has hardly and pt is one of the top in the state.im taking nothing away from kirby but he just has proved anything to me. two bad things has hurt him in the team for the whole yr.b/c they had to take one of there best players on defense (kip allen) and move him to qb.

fbPlaya08

i honestly think Burns is a little overated . he is good don't get me wrong but i remember when NLr played them,  :-\ he wasn't what i expected ...and also against other teams .... and mustain is good to .. but come on now .... best QB in the U.s.   be foreal ....

Mustangs32

no one is perfect...jus because someone has one bad game everyone thinks they are horrible or overrated

HSFBF

Burns did not beat NLR!  A fumble on first down and a stop short of a first down on a 4th and 2, both inside the Northside 20 and in last 5 minutes is what did NLR in.. Burns was not part of those two NLR failures. On the fumbled exchange the runner could have gone down to inside the 10 at least. NLR could have scored, going ahead with 3 minutes to go. I know a lot of my friends in the NLR area can't wait for payback to Catholic (referee mistakes) and Northside(stupid backfield mistakes)... The Conway game will be good this year, even though at NLR.. Watch out for the Wampus Cats...

bknight33

Precisely.  The Central conference may be tougher than the west next season.

bear

Quote from: old timer on April 18, 2006, 04:17:40 pm
I thought McCutheon was a runner.

Fayetteville's McCutcheon split time with Houston Nutt lll last year at QB. Probably played 60% of the time.

Passed for 1670 yards last year. 115 of 181 21 TD's 4 Int's. That 63.5% completion percentage is in the top 5 comp. percent ever in State of Arkansas. Second best in the 5A West behind Mustain.
Also was 32 of 49 passing against West Memphis last year for like 350 yards.
Ran for over 600 yds. averaging over 7 yards per carry during the season. Runs a 4.54 40yd.

So he does both.

JvilleDevils

Hubbard from Jax is attending the Top Gun Challenge.

7AFball

Which one of the 4 central AR QBs has the best chance of doing well? We have QBs from NLR, Jacksonville, CAC and PA on the list of 15 going to the Challenge. All the talk is about Burns, McCutcheon, Simpson and Paxon as the ones to beat. Shilo's Simpson won last year I think but Burns of Northside is getting a LOT of talk. He will have some good events but passing accuracy is NOT one of them.. Simpson is consistent and with no one bad category.

dogfan07

well for one its Paxton and for two i think burns accuracy is better then his numbers show. he didn't have any real big talent at the wide out postions none of them hand that good of hands. when the played springdale. in the first quarter they had like 10 or 11 dropped passes. that does not help out a QB at all.

westmemphis#61

I THINK ALL U GUYS R WORNG THE BEST QB IN ARK WAS TYLER ALLEN IN 2005

panther_pride

Is there a list and when is the event? Did Mustain win last year or year before? Seems like the Rogers QB last year was in top 5 or maybe the year before.. Who picks the QBs who participate? Burns and MuCutheon must be two for sure. Any AA or AAA QBs on the list?
A.J. Whitmore of Nashville was just short of amazing this past year, and Drew Stringfellow of CAC was pretty good to be a sophmore.

JvilleDevils

Hubb will win the long ball throw and all the running events.  ;D

panther_pride

Quote from: constantine on April 27, 2006, 03:28:51 pm
Quote from: BEAST FROM THE EAST on April 27, 2006, 12:02:18 pm
Hubb will win the long ball throw and all the running events. ;D

Burns will win the long ball throw and possibly the running
A.J. Whitmore has way more speed than Kodi Burns.

Big_Show

fbhound

Quote from: westmemphis#61 on April 26, 2006, 07:31:03 pm
I THINK ALL U GUYS R WORNG THE BEST QB IN ARK WAS TYLER ALLEN IN 2005
Broooother! Where did that come from? A fairly good QB but the BEST?? Can not agree with you on this one..  How is the young man doing who got shot in Memphis after the playoff game?? He was VERY lucky. Was he just a Junior? Appreciate any update on him if anyone in WM knows.

panther_pride

Quote from: constantine on April 27, 2006, 04:11:49 pm
Quote from: pantherfan56 on April 27, 2006, 04:08:20 pm

Have you seen Burns play is def the better Ath..........the winner of the challenge will come from NWA or Ft. smith.......it will be McCutcheon.......Burns.......Simpson........or Isabell
I haven't seen Isabell but I know Simpson shouldn't even be allowed in the same sentence as McCutcheon, Burns, and Whitmore. I would take Ashdown's Shad Surber over him.

BetweenTheHedges

April 28, 2006, 11:47:37 am #34 Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 11:49:57 am by BetweenTheHedges
Quote from: pantherfan56 on April 28, 2006, 09:14:32 am
Quote from: constantine on April 27, 2006, 04:11:49 pm
Quote from: pantherfan56 on April 27, 2006, 04:08:20 pm

Have you seen Burns play is def the better Ath..........the winner of the challenge will come from NWA or Ft. smith.......it will be McCutcheon.......Burns.......Simpson........or Isabell
I haven't seen Isabell but I know Simpson shouldn't even be allowed in the same sentence as McCutcheon, Burns, and Whitmore. I would take Ashdown's Shad Surber over him.
Really? Because I'm pretty sure that Matt Simpson is a better QB than Isabell (and the defending champ of this competition, but who's counting..) and Isabell is a much better QB than McCutcheon. McCutcheon is a runner. He left Rogers because he wasnt going to play over Cody Kirby. KB should win the long ball if he can keep it in between the hashes, but you guys are missing the boat. It's ok, you can blame it on Mitch Mustain. The most talented passer in the state plays at Springdale again this year. Paxton will beat Simpson to win it.

bknight33

Big_Show

QuotePaxton will beat Simpson to win it.
Keep dreaming

7AFball

Maybe the QB1 Challenge will tell us a lot, huh? Ultimate test will be in September...

HSFBF

It is unfortunate that a good QB has to play behind the nation's top QB, Mustain, last year at Springdale. It is therefore impossible for ANYONE to draw any statistical  conclusions of his abilities as a QB under starting conditions. So, to say he is better than Simpson or McCutcheon or Burns - proven QBs- is strictly guesswork and highly questionable. JMO

panther_pride

Quote from: constantine on April 30, 2006, 03:14:37 pm
The most talented passer in the state plays at Springdale again this year. Paxton will beat Simpson to win it.

what has he done to prove that......simpson is a proven winner......burns is a proven winner......and McCutcheon is even a proven winner.......so get real........the kid hasnt done anything.......
The one time I've seen Simpson play, he was just runnning around like a chicken with its head cut off. 

7AFball

The best all around potential is NLR's Petersmon. Good size, better than average speed, good deep arm and can zip the short pass accurately. I expect him to surpass Burns and McCutcheon as an overall effecive QB and he will knock you head off on defense.  I predict him to be the most improved QB in all of 7A..

RHS

I think one of the better QB's last year was Russellville's own Eli Cranor, even though he had strings where he wasn't that accurate.

As for the next QB Challenge, I could see Simpson winning it again.

Does anyone know if Arkadelphia's QB is going to be in it?

BetweenTheHedges

Quote from: HSFBF on April 30, 2006, 05:46:03 pm
It is unfortunate that a good QB has to play behind the nation's top QB, Mustain, last year at Springdale. It is therefore impossible for ANYONE to draw any statistical conclusions of his abilities as a QB under starting conditions. So, to say he is better than Simpson or McCutcheon or Burns - proven QBs- is strictly guesswork and highly questionable. JMO
There's two ways to look at that. The first, and most obvious reaction is... like you said... it is an unfortunate circumstance. The second, and perhaps more thoughtful reaction is this: the exposure the kid got last year during spring practice because of the players he was surrounded by, and the extraordinary opportunity to watch and learn from the Gatorade National Player of the Year (and the Arkansas Razorbacks OC) was actually an invaluable gift. I know for fact that the mail is rolling in, so it has not hurt him much if at all in recruiting. More than likely he wont have the opportunity to commit somewhere prior to the season (like Pianalto), but he'll get his. About the only drawback to him sitting last season is he has to get on the internet and look at people bash him. But I'll continue to argue with you just because that's gonna be one heck of a "I told u so" to end on.
Oh and last time I checked... Springdale's JV would run the table in 3A. Simpson excelling at Shiloh does not make him immune to comparison with Paxton. McCutcheon split time with Nutt, and listen real close ok? He.. is.. a.. run.. first.. QB. Kodi Burns is a fantastic football player. If he would have had Damian Williams and Andrew Norman on his team last year Northside may have won state instead of Springdale. But here's my thing... if I have to pick one QB in Arkansas to put a football on a spot with my life depending on it, I'm taking Springdale's Paxton. Now obviously if you are not close to the program theres no way you would or should have that kind of confidence in the kid... but like I said - I'll argue now so I can say I told you so later.

old timer

Quote from: RHS on May 02, 2006, 12:52:48 am
I think one of the better QB's last year was Russellville's own Eli Cranor, even though he had strings where he wasn't that accurate.

As for the next QB Challenge, I could see Simpson winning it again.

Does anyone know if Arkadelphia's QB is going to be in it?

Rontrell Bailey has a cannon for an arm and could challenge Burns with the long ball.  Dont think he is in it though!  Rumor at NLR has Peterman moving to LB and RB.  Dont think he'll be in it either then.

bear

Rumor at NLR has Peterman moving to LB and RB. Dont think he'll be in it either then.

Peterman was at the NIKE Combine this past week end in Baton Rouge...he worked out as a LB/DB....none at QB

However he is still confirmed to be in the QB1 Challenge.

bear

May 02, 2006, 09:12:28 pm #45 Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 09:57:38 pm by bear
Quote from: BetweenTheHedges
McCutcheon split time with Nutt, and listen real close ok? He.. is.. a.. run.. first.. QB.
quote]

McCutcheon threw the ball 181 times completing 115 for 1600 yards that's 63.5% of his passes...21 Td's 4 Int's (top five all-time completion percentage in the state of Arkansas) .....

listen real close, ok.....he.. can.. pass... as.. good.. as.. he.. runs..... and by the way he passed twice as much as he ran the ball.....that's a fact... 8)

BetweenTheHedges

I believe I just got served...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas