• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe T Robinson @ Bauxite 7-4A

Started by RyanLR, October 13, 2018, 11:41:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HeberFan

Quote from: scrapman on October 17, 2018, 01:58:06 pm
Throwing gas has nothing to do with being stupid or not. Just saying.

Yeah, lots of stupid Cy Young winners out there. Pitchers do a lot more than throw it hard.

VanillaThunder

Why the hostility scrapman? don't see anyone talking about people from Nashville

#1thetruth

Quote from: beaverfan007 on October 15, 2018, 05:31:30 pm
It's on 103.7 the buzz I'm picking bauxite in an upset 42-28 I realize it probably won't happen but it could
lol.... You're kidding right??? Just curious..... Please tell me where you think Bauxite measure up with Robinson.....DF. OF, Special Team???  Robinson has too many Jimmy and Joes.... that has 13 kids with at least 2 offers each... you may have 1... Alabama vs. Arkansas

scrapman

Quote from: VanillaThunder on October 17, 2018, 02:12:59 pm
Why the hostility scrapman? don't see anyone talking about people from Nashville
I was just messing around. No hostility here. Saying Robinson smashes Bauxite. Could be wrong. Bauxite will pull out all the tricks. Patton will be working the refs hard as well.

beach bum

Quote from: scrapman on October 17, 2018, 04:43:57 pm
I was just messing around. No hostility here. Saying Robinson smashes Bauxite. Could be wrong. Bauxite will pull out all the tricks. Patton will be working the refs hard as well.

So he is literally the most annoying example of a high school coach possible? If that is his normal behavior or something?

scrapman

Quote from: beach bum on October 17, 2018, 05:45:51 pm

So he is literally the most annoying example of a high school coach possible? If that is his normal behavior or something?
Has been for years. May be the thing to watch for those in attendance. I however have only heard stories. Haven't seen it too much first hand. Was notorious at Fville though. I myself may be full of fake news.

justafan33

All of you would trade that Coach for your present one and you know it. Coach Kelly is the pain for refs, from what I hear. There are others that have quite the reputation

scrapman

Quote from: justafan33 on October 17, 2018, 06:23:42 pm
All of you would trade that Coach for your present one and you know it. Coach Kelly is the pain for refs, from what I hear. There are others that have quite the reputation
Lots of schools had that chance a few years ago. They passed on that.

beach bum

October 17, 2018, 06:36:53 pm #158 Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 06:52:37 pm by beach bum
Quote from: justafan33 on October 17, 2018, 06:23:42 pm

Ummm, no..... When our present coach took over the program at my alma mater it was the laughing stock of the state and now he is about to pass 200 wins this year or the beginning of next all at the same school including 65 in the last 6 years. He has done all of that with just one single Division 1 signing so he isn't exactly doing that with a loaded cupboard of talent.  It's up to him how long he wants to coach, but if he wants it he will get to almost 300. And he actually has moral character too.... to be not only a good coach to young men, but a good role model of how to live life for after they are done strapping on the pads. We actually have a man of character who knows the word loyalty to our program & community. The only coach in 4A with a better resume is Hembree so again, nope.

Football_Fan25

Quote from: beach bum on October 17, 2018, 06:36:53 pm

Ummm, no..... When our present coach took over the program at my alma mater it was the laughing stock of the state and now he is about to pass 200 wins this year or the beginning of next all at the same school including 65 in the last 6 years. He has done all of that with just one single Division 1 signing so he isn't exactly doing that with a loaded cupboard of talent.  It's up to him how long he wants to coach, but if he wants it he will get to almost 300. And he actually has moral character too.... to be not only a good coach to young men, but a good role model of how to live life for after they are done strapping on the pads. We actually have a man of character who knows the word loyalty to our program & community. The only coach in 4A with a better resume is Hembree so again, nope.

So now we're comparing coaches????  Coach V is a couple losses away from working at the local paper mill and Robinson's Coach well he's a science teacher with a whistle.  Orange crush's and scalpman or whatever is going to be laughing stock after HHG puts it on them this Friday....

Coltfan2005

Gee, Rivercrest Head Coach has never lost a game. Think we will keep him.

justafan33

Rivercrest has every school choice athlete within 100 miles. That is an undesirable part of the world to live, however it would be my choice to send my kiddos in Mississippi county that is a public school.

beach bum

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 17, 2018, 06:58:12 pm
Gee, Rivercrest Head Coach has never lost a game. Think we will keep him.

I'd take that too. A lot of guys struggle mightily at first when they start so I imagine he is a happy guy!

beach bum

Quote from: Football_Fan25 on October 17, 2018, 06:58:06 pm
So now we're comparing coaches????  Coach V is a couple losses away from working at the local paper mill and Robinson's Coach well he's a science teacher with a whistle.  Orange crush's and scalpman or whatever is going to be laughing stock after HHG puts it on them this Friday....

Well yes... When he posted what he did it kind of became that.

justafan33

Patton did more than Dawson has at Fayetteville. Dawson will do great, but not as great as he did by leaving the chicken farm in Nashville. I will say I have seen the athletic facilities in Scrapper country, it's obvious where the money is poured. Definitely not in educational buildings.

Football_Fan25

Quote from: beach bum on October 17, 2018, 07:06:43 pm

Well yes... When he posted what he did it kind of became that.

What school do you represent Beach Bum?

justafan33

scrapman

Quote from: justafan33 on October 17, 2018, 07:09:00 pm
Patton did more than Dawson has at Fayetteville. Dawson will do great, but not as great as he did by leaving the chicken farm in Nashville. I will say I have seen the athletic facilities in Scrapper country, it's obvious where the money is poured. Definitely not in educational buildings.
He certainly did more...

Football_Fan25

Fayetteville is already ready to get rid of Dawson, can't beat the Bentonvilles and loosing to a Central team.  Under Patton that never happened and from what I hear Flitz Polishing Cream is wanting to sponsor him for all his state championship rings he has to keep them shined up.    #nomoreringfingers....

OrangeCrush.

Fayetteville hasn't beaten Bentonville in the regular season in 13 years.

justafan33

But they beat Bentonville when it counted.

Coltfan2005

You seem to have a wee bit of a problem with nashville. Nashville High School actually got a "B" ranking from the state dept of ed. Seems pretty solid to me. Bauxite High got a "C"...still better than Rivercrest.

Football_Fan25

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 17, 2018, 08:29:00 pm
You seem to have a wee bit of a problem with nashville. Nashville High School actually got a "B" ranking from the state dept of ed. Seems pretty solid to me. Bauxite High got a "C"...still better than Rivercrest.

Who is this rivercrest I keep seeing post? Is that a highschool or is that a fortnite character?

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 17, 2018, 08:29:00 pm
Facts aren't allowed when talking to people from Bauxite.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Football_Fan25 on October 17, 2018, 08:36:24 pm
Who is this rivercrest I keep seeing post? Is that a highschool or is that a fortnite character?

Produced Cortez Kennedy and Richard Brothers if I remember correctly

justafan33

Cortez was a great dude.  We shared a duck blind and a few laughs together.  He was a dominant football player at every level.  He once told me the best athlete he ever faced was Bo Jackson.

justafan33

Coltfan is quoting test scores.  SMH. We have gotten way off topic

scrapman

Since this is a Robinson vs Bauxite post, I'm curious from the Bauxite fans on where does Bauxite have the on field advantage. It sounds like the front play is what has impressed the most. How will a bunch of non D1 players match up against several D1 players and what Coach Patton called the best front he has seen at any level?

OrangeCrush.

I'd actually like to dig more into that 'C' that Bauxite has. Sounds like education isn't the top priority there, and sports definitely isn't. So what does Bauxite have going for it? Speed?

justafan33

I think Nashville gets to travel to the Pit. Maybe you guys can put down the beer long enough to make the trip and witness first hand. You might want to scout this week first. 

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: justafan33 on October 17, 2018, 09:38:44 pm
I think Nashville gets to travel to the Pit. Maybe you guys can put down the beer long enough to make the trip and witness first hand. You might want to scout this week first.
First Scrapman was playing Friday, now we are coaching. Crap I'm behind on my scouting report I better get to work.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: justafan33 on October 17, 2018, 09:15:58 pm
Coltfan is quoting test scores.  SMH. We have gotten way off topic

Nope, I am on the topic you brought up...bashing nashville's commitment to education. Since you were proven to be lying...should we change the subject to keep from embarrassing you? Is that what you are wanting?

scrapman

Wasn't talking about Nashville. This is a Joe T vs Bauxite thread. Just waiting for an educated analysis of why Bauxite has a chance to win.

justafan33

ColtFan, have you seen their athletic complex.  Very impressive.  Not impressed with the education buildings. That's what I said.  But someone that is proud of new turf in a cotton patch.  You have to travel just north of your campus to see a building built this century? 

justafan33

Robinson's new school is about as good as you will see in recent years when it is complete.  Hwy 10 tax dollars are paying dividends

Football_Fan25

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 17, 2018, 09:01:51 pm
Produced Cortez Kennedy and Richard Brothers if I remember correctly

They seem to be rolling this year for sure.  Definitely be a good game tomorrow night...   but never heard of them until now but never followed 3A before either.

justafan33

Because Rivercrest has been overshadowed by Osceola for so long. Maybe they always will be.

Oldbadger

Having D1 athletes is nice. But I have seen several get beaten by teams that have none. Young man from Warren is the only D1 athlete I have seen in the last few that is dominant enough to ensure a win. But of course we remember the playoffs last year.

AirWarren

Quote from: scrapman on October 17, 2018, 09:50:27 pm
Wasn't talking about Nashville. This is a Joe T vs Bauxite thread. Just waiting for an educated analysis of why Bauxite has a chance to win.

I'll try.

1. Bauxite has a long known of tradition of being hard nosed and sound on the football field. But it's been a long time since they have had leadership to get them back to that level of play. They have the size and depth this year to compete.
2. Coaching. DP has coached some big games and has won a lot of games. At the big level in Arkansas. It's taken him a little while, but he has them believing and he has that discipline back in a proud program. 
3. This offense that bauxite will run against joe t, is tough to stop when they get going downhill. This offense is also tough to stop when it gets momentum and rhythm as the season progresses. They haven't degressed. They have continued to roll downhill and that makes them a threat. IE: BOONEVILLE.

I'm not saying Bauxite wins. It may be a blow out. On paper, it shouldn't even be close. But, I'm willing to keep up hope just to see this website burn to the ground from shock if the miners take out JTR.

Oldbadger

I'll try too.  I watched Robinson when they played Arkadelphia. I said then that this Robinson team isn't as good as last year. Bauxite can beat them. But it will be a game of "ifs". If Robinson's coach can defend against the offense Bauxite runs, and it's tough to do unless you have done it before, Robinson  will win. If not it will be a high scoring affair with the last  one to score winning. If Bauxite can shut down the Senators pass game Bauxite will win. If not still a high scoring game. I would put my money on Robinson (I'm not a gambler so don't anyone take me up on it). But, I wouldn't be surprised if Bauxite came away with a win.

scrapman

I agree with the last two posts for the most part. Let's not forget, this is the same offense as last year. It is not new to this season. Nobody said that "this offense" was hard to stop last year. They do have some transfers and some returning starters. That makes a difference. I do know that Nashville rushed it for over 250 on Joe T. That must sound good for Bauxite. Surely the people of Bauxite feel their rushing attack is stronger than Nashville. Bauxite is averaging 300 a game on the ground and Nashville is at 270.
Looking at the pick em, this post thread is obviously a lot closer than most people think this game will be. Most have Joe T by a few. Fun to talk trash but when it comes down to picking....people go with Joe T. I am interested to see how this one turns out.

HeberFan

Quote from: Football_Fan25 on October 17, 2018, 06:58:06 pm

Pathetic, disrespectful comment.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: justafan33 on October 18, 2018, 07:23:27 am
Because Rivercrest has been overshadowed by Osceola for so long. Maybe they always will be.

not even a good troll...just a dumb one. But I guess you get another participation trophy for trying.

HeberFan

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 18, 2018, 09:32:18 am
not even a good troll...just a dumb one. But I guess you get another participation trophy for trying.

Who remembers Jonathan Adams from Osceola? Wow, what an athlete !

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: HeberFan on October 18, 2018, 09:34:13 am
Who remembers Jonathan Adams from Osceola? Wow, what an athlete !
Who remembers him in the 96 title game?

HeberFan

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on October 18, 2018, 09:35:37 am
Who remembers him in the 96 title game?

I actually do not. Refresh us, please.

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: HeberFan on October 18, 2018, 09:58:21 am
I actually do not. Refresh us, please.
Probably the worst game of his great career.

HeberFan

October 18, 2018, 10:13:08 am #197 Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 10:15:31 am by HeberFan
Quote from: OrangeCrush. on October 18, 2018, 10:07:39 am
Probably the worst game of his great career.

Wow, it happens sometimes. Kinda like when Malik Monk played an awful game in the state basketball championship.

Adams played at Arkansas State, still among the leading rushers in school history. His son now plays there as a wide receiver.

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: HeberFan on October 18, 2018, 10:13:08 am
Wow, it happens sometimes. Kinda like when Malik Monk played an awful game in the state basketball championship.

Adams played at Arkansas State, still among the leading rushers in school history. His son now plays there as a wide receiver.
Who is his son?

HeberFan

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on October 18, 2018, 10:16:07 am
Who is his son?

Jonathan Adams, Jr.  He played for Jonesboro High School.  A bit taller and slimmer than his dad, who was a fast tank!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas