• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 4A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP(BOYS): Jonesboro Westside vs Baptist Prep SAT 4;15

Started by Brian G, March 04, 2018, 12:24:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

WPWells

ISU7

Quote from: WPWells on March 04, 2018, 09:34:51 pm
I've got Jonesboro Westside
My daughter attend Baptist Prep so im going with BP.
Good luck to Westside.

RedWolf275

beach bum

(((Subi2Sweet)))

ArkansasSportsFan

leaderofthepack10

LRRandy

Riddle me this batman.  What if #10 is off? They sure have leaned on him very heavy on this run they are in the middle of. What if?

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on March 07, 2018, 05:16:03 pm
Riddle me this batman.  What if #10 is off? They sure have leaned on him very heavy on this run they are in the middle of. What if?

You might want to learn #10's name. You'll surely know it after Saturday.

Ozark Hog

What if #5 is off?????? No 7 footer to bail them out if he has a bad game!

LRRandy

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 07, 2018, 05:59:44 pm
What if #5 is off?????? No 7 footer to bail them out if he has a bad game!
well, you didn't exactly address the question did you.

Ozark Hog

LRRandy

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 07, 2018, 06:23:59 pm
You better hope BP wins, going to have a lot of crow to eat.
I certainly will pay respect where and when it is due. It's been quiet in here since Saturday. I'm just stirring the pot a little.

Bbal789

Baptist relies way more on Mcbride than Westside does Felts. Riley Felkins has had multiple 30 point games and is averaging 18 points a game. I will say it again, Avery Felts has way more scoring options around him than Mcbride does.

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on March 07, 2018, 06:40:14 pm
Baptist relies way more on Mcbride than Westside does Felts. Riley Felkins has had multiple 30 point games and is averaging 18 points a game. I will say it again, Avery Felts has way more scoring options around him than Mcbride does.
ok, which one is #10 again? He is averaging 18 points a game. That's pretty good.

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on March 07, 2018, 06:54:15 pm
ok, which one is #10 again? He is averaging 18 points a game. That's pretty good.

#11 Riley Felkins is averaging 18 points a game. #10 Avery Felts is scoring 26.4 points per game and 29.3 points per game in the state tournament. #10 Avery Felts has four 40 point games and ten 30 point games.

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on March 07, 2018, 06:56:53 pm
#11 Riley Felkins is averaging 18 points a game. #10 Avery Felts is scoring 26.4 points per game and 29.3 points per game in the state tournament. #10 Avery Felts has four 40 point games and ten 30 point games.
oh. 26 is even better than 18. Wow!!! 

jmc21

Going to try not to use any names so Randy will understand. If #10 is off, he'll still get his 10-15 points and have another 10 assist game while #11, #35 and #25 get more scoring chances.

RiceMan3

His name is Avery Felts.

And if he's off, then Gage Sheffield will carry them. If he's of, Cullen Felkins will step up. If he's off, Riley Felkins will fill in. If he's off...... fill in any name you want.

MDXPHD

Quote from: RiceMan3 on March 09, 2018, 08:27:59 pm
His name is Avery Felts.

And if he's off, then Gage Sheffield will carry them. If he's of, Cullen Felkins will step up. If he's off, Riley Felkins will fill in. If he's off...... fill in any name you want.

Give me a break. Felts carries the team.  If he's off, the whole team struggles.

LRRandy

An oldie but a goodie:

"Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?
Yo
His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready
To drop bombs, the whole crowd goes so loud

He's chokin', how, everybody's jokin' now
The clocks run out, times up, over, blaow!
Snap back to reality, oh there goes gravity "

These games come down to who can execute under pressure. I know I come on here and bluster about. Seriously, either team today could hoist the trophy at the end of the game. The question is, who will execute?   

Good luck. No injuries. Fans be safe driving. Let's see a good game.

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on March 10, 2018, 09:35:41 am
An oldie but a goodie:

"Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?
Yo
His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready
To drop bombs, the whole crowd goes so loud

He's chokin', how, everybody's jokin' now
The clocks run out, times up, over, blaow!
Snap back to reality, oh there goes gravity "

These games come down to who can execute under pressure. I know I come on here and bluster about. Seriously, either team today could hoist the trophy at the end of the game. The question is, who will execute?   

Good luck. No injuries. Fans be safe driving. Let's see a good game.

+1 agree

Bbal789

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 10, 2018, 08:30:03 am
Give me a break. Felts carries the team.  If he's off, the whole team struggles.

Riley Felkins is more than capable of scoring over 30 points. He has done it multiple times this year in big games.

Bbal789

Jonesboro Westside over Baptist 60-52. Baptist has had the strongest strength of schedule the past three years but this year Westside holds the strongest strength of schedule at 12.0 and Baptist third at 10.4.

J12

Quote from: Bbal789 on March 10, 2018, 09:48:01 am
Riley Felkins is more than capable of scoring over 30 points. He has done it multiple times this year in big games.

Agreed. In the district finals Brookland decided to face guard and double and triple team Felts. Westside could and should have beat them by 50 or 60. Pulled starters midway through 3rd with a 40 point lead.

Avery is definitely the straw that stirs the drink, but he's surrounded by great talent.

Westside has played in big venues against great teams, today we'll see if they have it one more time on the biggest stage of the year.

Batman44

Quote from: J12 on March 10, 2018, 10:42:18 am
Agreed. In the district finals Brookland decided to face guard and double and triple team Felts. Westside could and should have beat them by 50 or 60. Pulled starters midway through 3rd with a 40 point lead.

Avery is definitely the straw that stirs the drink, but he's surrounded by great talent.

Westside has played in big venues against great teams, today we'll see if they have it one more time on the biggest stage of the year.
Let's hope so!!!!

Batman44

Felts WONT be off, however, should he be off some, there are 4 others who can, and will, take up the slack. Batman has solved the riddle.

Bbal789

Quote from: J12 on March 10, 2018, 10:42:18 am

Thats just it for me, I feel Westside has too much offensive firepower and play enough defense.

bbfan89

NFHS has live feeds that you can watch for $9.95 the picture is good and you can watch on your computer or phone. Use the mute button though, the commentators as terrible.

bbfan89

If not for Felts, Westside would not have gotten where they are. the brothers did not show up in the last two game last week.

J12

Congrats to Prep. Clearly the better team today. McBride is the real deal.

CoachBobbyT

Complete domination! McBride scored at will. Felts could not guard him with a yard rake in each hand! Super disappointed in Felts based on hype heard here.

RiceMan3

beach bum

NEA Razorback olfan

CoachBobbyT

birddawg1986

All of these private, charter, home school should all be playing 7A. No questions asked

woopig123

Quote from: birddawg1986 on March 10, 2018, 07:41:46 pm
All of these private, charter, home school should all be playing 7A. No questions asked
And why is that?

TheSpecial

MDXPHD

Quote from: woopig123 on March 10, 2018, 07:50:46 pm
And why is that?

The whole selective enrollment could be one reason he says that. Or countless other advantages. But I'm sure it's all just in his head.

Jamesburden90

Congrats to Baptist for winning their 3rd straight championship. But honestly I feel like if Ashdown had 1 more key role player they would've beat Baptist. In the 3rd quarter Ashdown was up at one point but they let McBride get loose. Don't forget Kaiden Hunter had 20 something that game I think 24 pts and Lamar Wilkerson had like 16 they just needed 1 more person to help them out. Next year is going to be real interesting, I will like to see another Isaac McBride vs Kaiden Hunter matchup again. But congrats for their 3rd straight, got to give credit where credit is due.

Bbal789

Man, Baptist Prep changed my mind today. They looked way more prepared than they did up in Brookland and Westside did not look as prepared. Congrats to Baptist Prep for the win well deserved. James Renshaw and James Singleton the two bigs for Baptist absolutely dominated both on offense and defense. Issac Mcbride was obviously the best player but Baptist's role players all had exceptional games. I wish the game were closer to have more of a championship feel but Baptist came out ready from the start and never looked back. They did an amazing job on Avery Felts and held him to only 7 points and that was the big difference for me.

RamblinRazorWreck

If anybody else remembers, this game was almost a repeat of last year's game between these two in Regionals, except the score was a little higher, which was to be expected.  Still, Baptist Preps D really had Westside off balance. 

Singleton & Renshaw are not Vanovers, but together they were pretty darn close.  Their damage inside was what got the game out of hand. 

McBride was McBride, been that good for three seasons, and knows when to turn it up & how to do what keeps his team working as a unit. 

Congrats to Westside on an outstanding season.  I know this was a tough night for an exceptional team.

CoachBobbyT

Baptist Prep didn't do anything special to "shut down" Felts. They played zone the whole game.  McBride could have scored as many as he wanted.

urban legend2

Sat press row for this one and the game was only in doubt during the jump ball. Agree with CoachBobbyT on this, McBride could have scored 40, but he went off just enough to make a statement, then let his supporting cast do the rest. I've read on here all year that Baptist Prep was basically a one-man show, had no other scoring options, no inside presence, etc. and all I did was shake my head because I knew better. Had watched those cats 5 times this year and wondered what Baptist team had some of these posters seen. Saturday, a lot of other people were left shaking their head...

spoony gluv

McBride was legit
Felts was an absolute non-factor
Westside apparently never works on defense
Baptist Prep will be a favorite to win it next year

CoachBobbyT

Most lopsided boys final since 2015 1A Bay victory over Emerson.

Not sure when there has been a boys final without a lead change!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas