• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Day 5 Scores-seminfinals

Started by CTEPirateFan, March 03, 2018, 08:16:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CTEPirateFan

March 03, 2018, 08:16:55 am Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 08:50:08 am by HorseFeathers
Semifinal Saturday! Good luck to all teams competing today!

12pm - Charleston vs. Lamar GIRLS
1:30pm - McGehee vs. Junction City BOYS
6pm - Mountain View vs. Melbourne GIRLS
7:30pm - Drew Central vs. Barton BOYS

Ru96gg

Will they clear the gym and require another gate fee for second set of games.  Just curious? Anyone know?

Jimbo Morphis

They always have. The AAA needs the money.

Ru96gg

March 03, 2018, 09:40:56 am #3 Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 10:45:09 am by Ru96gg
Regardless of the outcome of today's games. I must say there has been some really competitive games during this tournament. Some real nail biters.  My hat is off to the teams who made it here.  Great job everyone.  My thanks also to DC and the entire work staff during the tournament. You have been nothing but nice and helpful. Were there  some problems with the size of the gym and crowd too close to the floor?  A few. Parking was a bit of an issue.  But I remember last year at the state tournament I was also on a shuttle bus to get to the gym.  South Arkansas finally got their state tournament.  It would be great if this could be played at a central location for everyone.  But that decision is in the hands of AAA. Again, great job players. And thank you to the DC working staff. Time for coffee to get ready for today's games.  Last night was a late one

drybones

Quote from: Ru96gg on March 03, 2018, 09:40:56 am
Regardless of the outcome of today's games. I must say there has been some really competitive games during this tournament. Some real nail biters.  My hat is off to the teams who made it here.  Great job everyone.  My thanks also to DC and the entire work staff during the tournament. You have been nothing but nice and helpful. Were there  some problems with the size of the gym and crowd too close to the floor?  A few. Parking was a bit of an issue.  But I remember last year I was also on a shuttle bus to get to the gym.  South Arkansas finally got their state tournament.  It would be great if this could be played at a central location for everyone.  But that decision is in the hands of AAA. Again, great job players. And thank you to the DC working staff. Time for coffee to get ready for today's games.  Last night was a late one
+1

DC83

Thanks to All of the 3A fans and Teams for contributing to our local economy and Thanks to Drew Central faculty,staff and volunteers for the awesome hard work and hospitality!

Ru96gg

March 03, 2018, 10:59:12 am #6 Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 11:06:58 am by Ru96gg
OK all you b ball gurus, I have another question. I see the state finals are in Hot Springs.  I checked the AAA schedule and it shows dates and times of games. The only problem is it only lists games 1-12, but no classifications.   Soooo, does that mean class 1A girls and boys play the first two games and the rest of the classes follow in order. Or is there another formula. 

TheHeadBallCoach

They haven't announced when each class plays yet, to my knowledge.

Ru96gg

March 03, 2018, 11:42:12 am #8 Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 11:43:59 am by Ru96gg
Ok.  Thank you. I didn’t know if there was a set way they do this or if there is a random draw for division play times

RedWolf275

They try to set it up to draw the biggest crowds.

TheHeadBallCoach

Girls 3A State Semifinal 1

Charleston: 4

Lamar: 0

Timeout @ 3:17 of the 1Q

TheHeadBallCoach

Charleston: 10

Lamar: 1

End of 1Q

TheHeadBallCoach

Charleston: 15

Lamar: 8

Timeout @ 6:12 of the 2Q

TheHeadBallCoach

Charleston: 22

Lamar: 16

Halftime

Jimbo Morphis

Is the Charleston boys coach standing on the court?

TheHeadBallCoach

Charleston: 27

Lamar: 21

Timeout @ 5:21 of the 3Q

RedWolf275

TheHeadBallCoach

Charleston: 33

Lamar: 26

Timeout @ 1:28 of the 3Q

TheHeadBallCoach

Charleston: 35

Lamar: 26

End of 3Q

TheHeadBallCoach

Charleston: 40

Lamar: 33

Timeout @ 3:08 left in 4Q

TheHeadBallCoach

Charleston: 40

Lamar: 35

Timeout @ 1:53 left in 4Q

TheHeadBallCoach

Charleston: 43

Lamar: 35

Timeout @ 1:00 left in 4Q

TheHeadBallCoach

Charleston: 44

Lamar: 38

Timeout @ :28 left in 4Q

TheHeadBallCoach

Charleston: 46

Lamar: 40

FINAL

Charleston moves on to Hot Springs

RedWolf275

Sounds like Lamar got behind early and couldn't get over the hump!

TheHeadBallCoach

Up next is McGehee vs Junction City

Guarantee that the 8-3A will be in Hot Springs.

Ru96gg

Next game should be interesting with Junction City and McGehee.  If JC can'tkeep McGehee from scoring near the basket it could be a long night.  JC forced MeGehee into overtime during district tourney but wasn't as close in their regional game. Best of luck to both teams.  Play ball!!

Jimbo Morphis

Pretty sure McGehee has beaten them 4 times. Last two have been close. We need to make our free throws.

TheHeadBallCoach

Boys 3A State Semifinal 1

Junction City: 18

McGehee: 15

End of 1Q

Ru96gg

March 03, 2018, 02:03:54 pm #29 Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 02:12:04 pm by Ru96gg
So far a great game.  Both teams playing hard.  Free throws are the difference right now. JC holding their own.  McGehee has lightening quick hands. JC not getting pulled into the running game McGehee likes.  26 ALL end of 1st half

TheHeadBallCoach

Junction City: 26

McGehee: 26

Halftime

Ru96gg

TheHeadBallCoach

Junction City: 32

McGehee: 28

Timeout @ 4:34 of the 3Q

thabeast428

Thanks for the updates, go Dragons

TheHeadBallCoach

McGehee: 31

End of the 3Q

Ru96gg

Once again.  Free throws make the difference. Very close game. Great play on both sides.

TheHeadBallCoach

McGehee: 35

Timeout 6:17 of 4Q

TheHeadBallCoach

Junction City: 34

McGehee: 35

Timeout 5:22 of 4Q

Ru96gg

JC missing under the goal.  McGehee putting pressure defense to work. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Ru96gg on March 03, 2018, 02:29:51 pm
Once again.  Free throws make the difference. Very close game. Great play on both sides.
I'm out of town. I'm guessing McGehee is missing theirs.

TheHeadBallCoach

McGehee: 42

Timeout 46.1 of 4Q

Ru96gg

Both teams missing them.  Although McGehee has hit some as of late along with a couple of baskets.  McGehee leads 42-34. 25.8 secs to go with McGehee on the line

TheHeadBallCoach

McGehee: 43

Final

McGehee moves on to Hot Springs

Ru96gg

McGehee heads to finals. 43-34.  Both teams played their hearts out. Congrats to both teams for  a great effort

Jimbo Morphis

thabeast428

Congrats to mcgehee. Good luck in the finals

bb1996

So JC only scored 6 points in second half??

Nature Boy

Quote from: Oldman on March 03, 2018, 02:51:44 pm
Cmon Drew Central

oh, they are going to win. Barton doesn't have a chance.

Jimbo Morphis

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 03, 2018, 01:23:27 pm
Sounds like Lamar got behind early and couldn't get over the hump!

First Congrats Charleston great game plan  and from the start of the year I said it here and knew they were one of the best 3a teams in the state.
As far as Lamar I really thought we had our opportunities just couldn't put the ball in the hole.  Charleston always has a good game plan for Lakyn. But at the end of the day we missed allot of shots and they didn't. Love him or hate him Give Rukker a week to prepare for someone they will be hard to beat.   They will be my favorite in Hot Springs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas