• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A State Bracket

Started by Brian G, January 31, 2018, 10:14:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

Girls

Parkview - 22
Paragould - 14

end of 1Q

AT

Girls

Paragould - 31
Parkview - 30

Halftime

TNT_15

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 28, 2018, 07:00:15 pm
I don't know how big of an upset, but definitely an upset.
After seeing what JA fair did to valley view I would say it's a pretty big upset.

AT

Girls

Paragould - 52
Parkview - 48

end of 3Q

Yeah, I thought we were going to get an all Central semi, but nope, not even all make it to the quarters.

AT

Girls

Parkview - 70
Paragould - 63

Final

AT

Boys

Parkview - 14
Nettleton - 7

end of 1st

AT

February 28, 2018, 09:05:24 pm #56 Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:09:40 pm by Almatrackster
5A Girls Bracket After Day 2

Hot Springs
Batesville

Farmington
Parkview

Nettleton
Vilonia/Lakeside

Little Rock Christian Academy
Watson Chapel/Clarksville

AT

Boys

Parkview - 32
Nettleton - 22

Halftime

AT

Boys

Parkview - 46
Nettleton - 34

maybe end of 3Q?

AT

Boys

Parkview - 62
Nettleton - 52

Final

AT

5A Boys Bracket After Day 2:

Hot Springs
Blytheville

Harrison
Parkview

Fair
Alma/Watson Chapel

Mills University Studies
Magnolia/Morrilton

AT

Girls

Vilonia - 11
Lakeside - 6

end of 1Q

Go Postal

BigLion10

Girls

Vilonia 34
Lakeside 13

Half

BigLion10

Girls

Vilonia 43
Lakeside 20

End of 3

Go Postal

AT

Girls

Vilonia - 65
Lakeside - 42

Final

AT

Boys

Watson Chapel - 10
Alma - 9

end of 1Q

AT

Boys

Watson Chapel - 25
Alma - 20

Halftime

AT

Boys

Watson Chapel - 35
Alma - 35

end of 3Q

AT

Boys

Watson Chapel - 47
Alma - 47

end of Regulation

AT

Boys

Watson Chapel - 51
Alma - 48

Final/OT

AT

Girls

Watson Chapel - 21
Clarksville - 16

Halftime

AT

Girls

Watson Chapel - 36
Clarksville - 26

end of 3Q

AT

Girls

Watson Chapel - 50
Clarksville - 43

Final

AT

Boys

Morrilton - 14
Magnolia - 14

end of 1Q

AT

Boys

Magnolia - 32
Morrilton - 21

Halftime

AT

Boys

Magnolia - 42
Morrilton - 30

end of 3Q

AT

Boys

Morrilton - 51
Magnolia - 51

end of Regulation.

Another OT game.

AT

Boys

Morrilton - 66
Magnolia - 55

Final/OT

AT

Girls

Batesville - 18
Nettleton - 17

end of 1Q

AT

Girls

Batesville - 28
Nettleton - 25

Halftime

MikeDieselâ„¢

Hot Springs is playing Batesville I think

eamo8911

Quote from: MikeDieselâ„¢ on March 01, 2018, 08:13:04 pm
Hot Springs is playing Batesville I think

Correct. AAA Twitter has it wrong

AT

Thanks guys. Should probably double check AAA, but alas I will not, haaha. Two conference teams can't play in the 2nd round anways.

Batesville - 53
Hot Springs - 42

end of 3Q

AT

Wow!!!

Girls

Hot Springs - 76
Batesville - 74

Final

RunninJoe

Batesville got hosed by the officials. Chubby white guy had no idea what was going on but the female ref was always there to explain it to him. And if that wasn't a foul at the end there never should have been a foul called all night.

AT

Boys

Hot Springs - 20
Blytheville - 14

Halftime

AT

Boys

Hot Springs - 28
Blytheville - 23

end of 3Q

AT

Boys

Hot Springs - 40
Blytheville - 32

FINAL

AT

5A Boys Bracket After Day 3:

Hot Springs
Harrison/Parkview

Fair/Watson Chapel
Mills University Studies/Morrilton

AT

5A Girls Bracket After Day 3:

Hot Springs
Farmington/Parkview

Nettleton/Vilonia
Little Rock Christian Academy/Watson Chapel

woopork

Quote from: RunninJoe on March 01, 2018, 09:12:06 pm
Batesville got hosed by the officials. Chubby white guy had no idea what was going on but the female ref was always there to explain it to him. And if that wasn't a foul at the end there never should have been a foul called all night.

That'd be a hard call at the end. I agree though. I thought the reffing was actually biased and didn't have a dog in the hunt.
2 from Hot Springs is quick as heck and can make the free throws. Something along the lines of 25 made free throws for her and made her last 10 plus.
20 from batesville is a dang good passer

croboostbusted

Quote from: RunninJoe on March 01, 2018, 09:12:06 pm

LOL "hosed"... There were some bad calls, but Batesville didn't get hosed. They should've closed the lane down to the drive and quit chasing 2 all over the floor. Batesville subbing in freshman and putting 20 on the bench for too much of the second half.

croboostbusted

A lot of credit to Honey (#2) from Hot Springs. Impressive kid. Fast, quick, and hits like 20 free throws consecutively.

woopork

Quote from: croboostbusted on March 02, 2018, 09:40:18 am
LOL "hosed"... There were some bad calls, but Batesville didn't get hosed. They should've closed the lane down to the drive and quit chasing 2 all over the floor. Batesville subbing in freshman and putting 20 on the bench for too much of the second half.

I agree with that. I thought they should've never got out of that zone. Once 25 and 20 got in foul trouble they couldn't rebound. I wasn't impressed with the big guy in that game or the lady ref though.

croboostbusted

Quote from: woopork on March 02, 2018, 09:49:42 am
I agree with that. I thought they should've never got out of that zone. Once 25 and 20 got in foul trouble they couldn't rebound. I wasn't impressed with the big guy in that game or the lady ref though.
I agree. Wasn't impressed by the officiating, and my grand daughter already lost and is home. So no dog in the fight here. I've seen both of those officials this tournament, and they are too inconsistent, but I a couldn't do any better so I don't ever blame or yell at referees. I'm just happy to be watching good basketball.

Coach from Batesville was offensive and defensive subbing WAY too early in the game, and then gave up too many rebounds because all his height was on the bench. They shouldve forced hot springs to shoot the ball and not give up the drive. That's all just my opinion though.

RunninJoe

Number 2 is a great player. Batesville couldn't stop her without getting into foul trouble. The main take away from that game is that at the state tournament the officials should never be as inept as those three. The chubby guy had no idea what he was doing. A state tournament official shouldn't have to confer with another official as often as he did. And that female official was just terrible. People who didn't care at all who won were in agreement that she was incompetent. The other guy was just taking up space.

croboostbusted

Quote from: woopork on March 02, 2018, 09:49:42 am

3 fouls in the 4th isn't foul trouble. You have to trust your players more than that. I think 20 was a senior too.

croboostbusted

Quote from: RunninJoe on March 02, 2018, 10:19:15 am
Number 2 is a great player. Batesville couldn't stop her without getting into foul trouble. The main take away from that game is that at the state tournament the officials should never be as inept as those three. The chubby guy had no idea what he was doing. A state tournament official shouldn't have to confer with another official as often as he did. And that female official was just terrible. People who didn't care at all who won were in agreement that she was incompetent. The other guy was just taking up space.

Like I said, I'm not in the business of critiquing officials. I've seen too much basketball to ever blame them or say another team got hosed. I'm sure Batesville's staff are kicking themselves this morning because- woulda coulda shoulda-. I personally, wouldn't have started subbing freshman in for defense and my best players in for offense that early, and using timeouts just to substitute. But.. what do i know? I retired from coaching, I wasn't smart enough to do it. Batesville had a great season and #30 is gonna be a dandy for a long time. Her and #2 from LRCA are the 2 of the best freshman i've seen.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas