• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is your team's opening week opponent?

Started by Red Devil Alum, January 18, 2018, 10:03:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil Alum

PA opens at Springdale on August 24th. Should be a very good challenge for a young team.

Chief_Osceola™

Maumelle opens with either Vilonia, Mills, or Pea Ridge.  Those are the 3 non-con games this fall but I don't know what order they are.

Overdahill

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on January 18, 2018, 10:48:18 am
Maumelle opens with either Vilonia, Mills, or Pea Ridge.  Those are the 3 non-con games this fall but I don't know what order they are.

What? No, NLR or Wynne?  :o JK, probably a good move

Chief_Osceola™

InYoGrill

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on January 18, 2018, 10:48:18 am

Gosh Chief, you book that non conference? Scared of conference season and needed 3 gimmies?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: InYoGrill on January 18, 2018, 06:25:38 pm
Gosh Chief, you book that non conference? Scared of conference season and needed 3 gimmies?

I'd try to make CAC a permanent non-con game. If not them I'd try to get Robinson and/or Sylvan Hills to stay within the PCSSD.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on January 18, 2018, 10:03:30 am
PA opens at Springdale on August 24th. Should be a very good challenge for a young team.

Springdale Har-Ber*. Big difference between the two.

Red Devil Alum

proud_dad

January 23, 2018, 07:18:54 pm #8 Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 04:33:22 pm by proud_dad
Wynne's nonconference will be 
Week 1-Marion-Home
Week 2-Arkadelphia-Home
Week 3-West Memphis-Away

To my knowledge it is a 2 game contract

What a way to start the season!!!

tmycjy

Quote from: proud_dad on January 23, 2018, 07:18:54 pm
Wynne's nonconference will be 
Week 1-Marion-Home
Week 2-Arkadelphia-Home
Week 3-West Memphis-Away

To my knowledge it is a 2 game contract

What a way to start the season!!!

what happen to beebe game and also want to know what happen to Maumelle game also

walkingguy72396

Maumelle and Beebe, opted not to renew the Wynne game. 

tmycjy

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on January 30, 2018, 10:31:25 am
Maumelle and Beebe, opted not to renew the Wynne game. 

oh ok I understand I am a little confuse on the beebe thing I thought It was a good thing for both side I didn't think we would switch this quick 

STUNNA

Hogman2018

Texarkana non conference schedule: 
Shiloh Christian
Liberty Eylau Texas
Texas High

DEVIL DOG HOG

Morrilton has,
  Searcy home
  Russellville away
  J A Fair home.

Hogman2018

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on March 24, 2018, 09:03:43 pm
Morrilton has,
  Searcy home
  Russellville away
  J A Fair home.
Man tough third game!!

RamFan06

Lakeside opens up at home against Lake Hamilton! Looking forward to the renewal of this rivalry.

Hoghead2

0-21 Hope opens at home with Nashville, Ashdown and on the road at Prescott....

AHS06

Quote from: Hoghead2 on April 01, 2018, 12:40:16 am
0-21 Hope opens at home with Nashville, Ashdown and on the road at Prescott....
What do you believe are the main factors keeping Hope from competing?  I know they have the talent there...  They are looking to start the season 0-24.

Rocket23

LRCA opens with Batesville at home then goes to Vilonia before coming home to host Greenbrier.

Jimbo Morphis

Hoghead2

Quote from: AHS06 on April 02, 2018, 09:28:59 am
What do you believe are the main factors keeping Hope from competing?  I know they have the talent there...  They are looking to start the season 0-24.

It's a disciplinary problem at Hope. There's a few kids who have bad attitudes and create problems. Then a lot of kids want to play 2 sports and there's some riffs about football kids playing basketball. Then there's more talent walking the halls who either don't want to play or want to play and don't have the grades. It's always something going on at Hope. They have great facilities and coaching. As a Ashdown fan told me once, when Hope is good, they're very good. But when Hope is bad, they're horrible..

JessieP

Quote from: Hoghead2 on April 05, 2018, 11:24:35 am
It's a disciplinary problem at Hope. There's a few kids who have bad attitudes and create problems. Then a lot of kids want to play 2 sports and there's some riffs about football kids playing basketball. Then there's more talent walking the halls who either don't want to play or want to play and don't have the grades. It's always something going on at Hope. They have great facilities and coaching. As a Ashdown fan told me once, when Hope is good, they're very good. But when Hope is bad, they're horrible..

I have zero knowledge of anything about Hope. Having said that, if what you said is true than that explains the futility. Bad attitudes or disciplinary issues can become a cancer on any football team. If the coach doesn't have an almost "Warden" mindset the inmates will take over. In our participation trophy mindset that has overtaken the country many coaches/teachers are afraid to stand up to kids, they could get sued or fired. Back in my day, 412 years ago, our head coach walked the hallways and even the gang bagers feared him. He would grab a facemask to chew you out while spit flew out of his mouth. heck, he made guys on our team do do push-ups in the lunch quad during the off-season for acting out. That would not fly these days. Couple that with the wussification of America and we are seeing a slow painful death of football. It used to be that you played football to be a big man on campus. Now you only play if you love football. Football participation has dropped every year since the discovery of CTE, the numbers in Arkansas are actually a tad bit higher than the National average. I fear what Hope is dealing with will become more the norm. Besides, what motivation does a high school kid have to give up his summer to possibly get hurt just to play for a winless team. The heartbreaking reality is that schools in a situation like Hope will find it next to impossible to pull out of the nose dive.

Overdahill

April 05, 2018, 03:07:23 pm #23 Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 03:48:53 pm by Overdahill
Quote from: JessieP on April 05, 2018, 11:46:04 am
I have zero knowledge of anything about Hope. Having said that, if what you said is true than that explains the futility. Bad attitudes or disciplinary issues can become a cancer on any football team. If the coach doesn't have an almost "Warden" mindset the inmates will take over. In our participation trophy mindset that has overtaken the country many coaches/teachers are afraid to stand up to kids, they could get sued or fired. Back in my day, 412 years ago, our head coach walked the hallways and even the gang bagers feared him. He would grab a facemask to chew you out while spit flew out of his mouth. heck, he made guys on our team do do push-ups in the lunch quad during the off-season for acting out. That would not fly these days. Couple that with the wussification of America and we are seeing a slow painful death of football. It used to be that you played football to be a big man on campus. Now you only play if you love football. Football participation has dropped every year since the discovery of CTE, the numbers in Arkansas are actually a tad bit higher than the National average. I fear what Hope is dealing with will become more the norm. Besides, what motivation does a high school kid have to give up his summer to possibly get hurt just to play for a winless team. The heartbreaking reality is that schools in a situation like Hope will find it next to impossible to pull out of the nose dive.

This reminded me of my coaching staff in college, they all chewed tobacco and the turf was covered in rabbit pellet looking messes when you hit the carpet :P

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas