• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-7 East (Boys and Girls)

Started by hogman1886, December 16, 2017, 09:43:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogman1886

How would y'all rank the boys and girls so far this season? Who will win the District and who will surprise some people?

Bearden
Parker's Chapel
Spring Hill
Camden Harmony Grove
Lafayette County
Rison

ak58

Boys top 2 Parkers Chapel and Bearden
Girls top 2 Spring Hill and Harmony Grove

The rest of the teams are pretty average or below average. Especially the rest of the girls teams

Ba$ketballFan54321

Boys is a two team race between Bearden and Parkers Chapel. Harmony Grove boys are fair but I don't think they can challenge of either of them.

Spring Hill is the clear favorite in girls for me. Harmony grove is decent but I don't think they're on the same level. There's not much after them two haha.

Hgalum50

Quote from: Ba$ketballFan54321 on December 16, 2017, 11:48:54 am
Boys is a two team race between Bearden and Parkers Chapel. Harmony Grove boys are fair but I don't think they can challenge of either of them.

Spring Hill is the clear favorite in girls for me. Harmony grove is decent but I don't think they're on the same level. There's not much after them two haha.
Sorry but now I def think HG can play with Bearden and PC in boys!

old.dole

Hgalum50

I might be completely wrong, but I feel they can compete with them at least. Its gonna be a fun year goin to basketball games at HG.

eldofan

After Friday night I think u have to throw CHG in the mix bc they beat Bradley the night before PC lost to them by 8

old.dole

Who all did hg add after football. I saw them play in Fordyce prior to getting the football kids

Hgalum50

Pacardo Thomas, Xaylon Falls, Logan Hutchins  and I think one more not sure. Both Thomas and Hutchins add depth and Falls is just quick. Hutchins is hurt from the Mount Ida game.

old.dole

How did everyone do tonight. I know the bears took care of hermitage. How about everyone else?

Hgalum50

HG don't play again til the Hampton tournament!

eldofan

Pc rolled over Springhill in boys action 79 to 50. Starters pulled with about 3 mins to go in 3rd

old.dole

Sounds like they rebounded from the loss. Big man still out?

southarkdaddy

Quote from: eldofan on December 17, 2017, 07:52:04 am
After Friday night I think u have to throw CHG in the mix bc they beat Bradley the night before PC lost to them by 8

6 foot 10 kid for PC is out with ankle.

eldofan

How did he hurt his ankle ? I was at Nevada game and he was fine : didn't make Friday's game and I heard about the injury

eldofan

BigBob

At the Christmas Break Pc is at #5 and Bearden #6 in Maxpreps top 10 for boys.

Spring Hill girls at #3.

Regionals is going to be fun to watch on the boys side this year

eldofan

Pc bounced back and beat crossett Friday nite

old.dole

Pc could very well be higher. Both losses came without 6'9" center. That would help Bearden also considering their losses are to Pc and pea ridge. I think both are top 5 teams

eldofan

Judging that he's walking with a walking boot he will be out most of the season

old.dole

eldofan

If it's 6 weeks like rumor has it that puts him out through most of jan

old.dole

YellowLine

He won't be out for most of the season. I'm sure he'll be back right after PC gets through with the Hampton Tournament

hogman1886

Saw on maxpreps Harmony Grove beat Rison 86-43... is this a typo?

old.dole

Wow. Wouldn't have seen that coming

Hgalum50

Quote from: hogman1886 on January 11, 2018, 10:21:35 pm
Saw on maxpreps Harmony Grove beat Rison 86-43... is this a typo?
Not a typo man, the culture has took a good little turn at HG for bball. They are a team that could give alot of teams trouble.

hogman1886

Predictions on District Tournament?

southarkdaddy

Quote from: hogman1886 on January 24, 2018, 09:45:14 am
Predictions on District Tournament?

Bearden & PC Final.  PC already beat them once so I'll take the trojans

Mr316

Same prediction....PC tends to play on the same level as their opponents. They have been flat and fall behind in several games but appear to never panic. Coach Langley will make changes and the boys execute. They maintain a steady pace and continue to function as a team. They have to face Harmony Grove at their court which will be a battle after last nights win in OT but should remain strong down the backstretch. 

creamcheeze

Quote from: eldofan on December 17, 2017, 07:52:04 am

Goodness

creamcheeze

Quote from: southarkdaddy on January 24, 2018, 10:21:03 am
Bearden & PC Final.  PC already beat them once so I'll take the trojans

Ole Langley will have his troops ready.

Mr316

My predictions coming out of District "boys"
Parkers Chapel
Bearden
Harmony Grove
Rison
Spring Hill

PapaHog

Mr316

If I heard correctly Lafayette County list one of their top players for the rest of the season for disciplinary reasons. I don't remember his name but he was #2 and played as a guard. I know he wasn't at PC last night so if that's the case I think that they will struggle to win

ak58

Girls will be final Tonight
1. Spring Hill
2. Harmony Grove
3. Rison
4. Parkers chapel
5. Bearden
6. Lafayette County

Lady Bears can clinch their 8th straight regular season conference title tonight.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas