• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivercrest vs Manila last night game

Started by 501Arkansas, December 16, 2017, 09:14:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: luxora4life on December 18, 2017, 04:40:45 pm
That much better.  Bye the way, my son came home with pinch marks all over his stomach.  You don't see anybody question Manila's players/coach class. 

Do you not find it strange that these incidents occurs with Manila every year.  And no one with common sense would think these incidents are cause by Rivercest's Players/coaches only.  How many times have you heard of a Rivercrest player punching someone on the court.  But yet this misinformed person (870baller) come on here question a Rivercrest Class instead of calling it what it was - A Loose Ball Pile Up.

Lux, I never said Manila was not at fault in any way, I just commented on the video.

ISU7

Quote from: redandgray on December 18, 2017, 09:31:07 am
What's sad is that Rivercrest kids were being called the N word on the court by a few of the Manila players.
Well thats nothing new M. May did it all the time when he played.  But yet they try and act black.too funny.

ISU7

Quote from: 870baller15 on December 18, 2017, 02:24:02 pm
I have seen that video as well NEA, proof is in the pudding.
Do yall wanna settled this on the gridiron.  Set a date lol.

ISU7

Quote from: 870baller15 on December 18, 2017, 10:40:54 am
I have the video and you can clearly see the kid is making no attempt on the ball and that it's more of a punch and a headlock than it is an elbow. And how did he dive on top of them if in the video he's clearly on the bottom? I'm trying to find a way to link the video here so that everyone can see what really happened.
Red and gray just like i thought deaf ears turned towards your comment about them calling Crest players the N word basically cause they know this happens

Baller_34

They try to act black? Why does it always go this way? Y'all can't just accept y'all were out of line and sore losers and just got that tail whipped. Lets settle it on the grid iron? Of course you would say that since y'all just won STATE!! Man that takes a lot of guts lol.

ISU7

December 19, 2017, 07:10:10 am #55 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 07:32:51 am by ISU7
Quote from: Baller_34 on December 19, 2017, 06:50:34 am
They try to act black? Why does it always go this way? Y'all can't just accept y'all were out of line and sore losers and just got that tail whipped. Lets settle it on the grid iron? Of course you would say that since y'all just won STATE!! Man that takes a lot of guts lol.
I was saying that since they were using the N word which you continue to ignore. 😀 I was saying on the gridiron because it sound like a football game Manila loves too talk noise about basketball but haven't won state yet BTW did you know Rivercrest was the last team from this county to win a state title in basket no one has won one since. That'll be 2011. Not bad for a school who players dont have the basketball IQ of Manila lol .Win one first then talk noise.  Lol too funny.

Baller_34

First of all it don't matter to me if Manila wins state or Rivercrest or anybody else. That has nothing to do with this discussion.  I just find it funny how the video clearly shows what happened and there are plenty more floating around out there now with other cheap shots but no y'all didn't do anything and if u did it was cause someone used the N word???  It always goes to this no matter what the discussion, is. That's what is wrong with our country as a whole.

RedWolf275

As long as Rivercrest has their current coach there will be episodes of these kind happening. Anyone who saw him play at Manila/BIC knows that he was no choirboy on the floor. Don't remember much of this when Rick Wilson was the coach.

Neabasketballfan17

December 19, 2017, 08:47:10 am #58 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 08:54:01 am by Neabasketballfan17
No Manila player used the N word and I know for a fact the M. May would never use it.  That is just alway yall's excuse.  As bad as you hate to believe it Manila kids our taught to respect that word and never use it.  Now I have heard a few Rivercrest players use it on the court through the years.

Neabasketballfan17

Also ISU you better cherish that 2011 title because unless you have some mass move ins there won't be another for a LONG time.  Did you notice the Jr High (Manila starters didn't play most of the second half) and 7th grade scores?

870baller15

Quote from: ISU7 on December 19, 2017, 04:55:09 am
Do yall wanna settled this on the gridiron.  Set a date lol.

Why would they *settle* a basketball game on a football field? That's pointless. Lol

luxora4life

Quote from: RedWolf275 on December 19, 2017, 08:31:35 am
As long as Rivercrest has their current coach there will be episodes of these kind happening. Anyone who saw him play at Manila/BIC knows that he was no choirboy on the floor. Don't remember much of this when Rick Wilson was the coach.

So was Coach Kam High School Coaches the problem.  I can assure you these kind of episodes occurred while Coach Kam was in College between these two teams.  Maybe these two Schools just don't like each other.  I personally had stop some football players from Rivercrest and Manila from fighting at the Westside Football Jamboree back in August.  Maybe the parents in the bleachers (on both side) are the blame. 

I remember both Rivercest and Manila having episodes when they were facing other teams. 

NEA Razorback olfan

December 19, 2017, 09:38:56 am #62 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 09:41:04 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: luxora4life on December 19, 2017, 09:28:18 am
So was Coach Kam High School Coaches the problem.  I can assure you these kind of episodes occurred while Coach Kam was in College between these two teams.  Maybe these two Schools just don't like each other.  I personally had stop some football players from Rivercrest and Manila from fighting at the Westside Football Jamboree back in August.  Maybe the parents in the bleachers (on both side) are the blame. 

I remember both Rivercest and Manila having episodes when they were facing other teams.

Great point Lux, parents are a big part of the problem, it's easy to get caught up in the rivalry and get there feelings hurt when their team loses , or losing really bad, and encourages the players to try and hurt the other teams players. I've heard it at ball games before. It is sad

Missco

People make too big of a deal over this kinda rough play. No place for slurs but other than that sporting events are not sunday school.

luxora4life

December 19, 2017, 09:56:16 am #64 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 10:04:53 am by luxora4life
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 19, 2017, 09:38:56 am
Great point Lux, parents are a big part of the problem, it's easy to get caught up in the rivalry and get there feelings hurt when their team loses , and encourages the players to try and hurt the other teams players. I've heard it at ball games before. It is sad

I don't think losing is  the root of the problem.  These two team split last year and I don't recall anything getting out of hand in either game.  The rivalry + the refs allowing the game to get out of hand is the biggest problem in my opinion.  All players get Frustrated when they are repeatedly getting foul and it don't get call and as soon as they touch someone it a foul

It do happen and I heard it directed at my kids a lot. (Probably because I usually sat on the side with the team's fans my kids were playing against) .  This is not a shot at you or the school you support.   I remember My Daughter playing against Brookland at Brookland and she was having her way against them.  A female fans yelled out, "stop just letting her do that and knock her head off".  I laughed, but my wife and sister turned and told the laid that if they did they were going to knock the lady head off.   

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: luxora4life on December 19, 2017, 09:56:16 am
I don't think losing is  the root of the problem.  These two team split last year and I don't recall anything getting out of hand in either game.  The rivalry + the refs allowing the game to get out of hand is the biggest problem in my opinion.

It do happen and I heard it directed at my kids a lot. (Probably because I usually sat on the side with the team my kids were playing against) .  This is not a shot at you or the school you support.   I remember My Daughter playing against Brookland at Brookland and she was having her way against them.  A female fans yelled out, "stop just letting her do that and knock her head off".  I laugh, but my wife and sister turned and told the laid that if they did they were going to knock the lady head off.

Ya, I was probably there,  lol we could not stop your daughter..
Like I said I've heard it said...I believe your daughter was playing on a sprained ankle,  If I remember we came back and won a close game. I believe that is where I met you and some other Rivercrest FF members. Super nice people!!

Your right Refs have to recognize when things start getting chippy, and take care of it early

870baller15

Quote from: Missco on December 19, 2017, 09:40:34 am
People make too big of a deal over this kinda rough play. No place for slurs but other than that sporting events are not sunday school.

I think there's a little difference between talking a little trash and punching someone. I'm all for physical play but throwing punches is too far.

Missco

I agree but it happens. Always has and always will. Now days games are tame to the late 70.S early 80s

Radiotalker

Quote from: cannon on December 18, 2017, 02:01:28 pm
I remember my daughter getting tangled up with another girl and going to the floor the summer after her 5th grade year.  While she was there, my daughter decided to kick the kid in the head.  I said nothing, at the time.  When she came off the court, I heard Hoffman (Spencer, the Riverside girls' coach) say "did you kick that girl?"  My kid dropped her head and admitted that she did.  She did push-ups for the next quarter.  When we got in the car after the game, I informed her that she wouldn't be playing in the next game, knowing full well how much the kid likes to play.  She hasn't repeated that error in judgment since. 

No place for that crap on the court.  It starts with the parents and continues though to the coaches.  If they can't get that under control, their kids shouldn't be playing and the coaches shouldn't be coaching.  From what I've read and heard, this is becoming a fairly common occurrence with at least one of those teams.  Time for someone to step in and put a leash on the situation. 

wait a minute......so a player kicks another in the head, admits to it, and the discipline is push ups? I'm guessing probably went back in the game.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 19, 2017, 11:52:58 am
wait a minute......so a player kicks another in the head, admits to it, and the discipline is push ups? I'm guessing probably went back in the game.

Did you not read it was 5th grade and she did push ups the 4th qtr?
That doesn't sound like she went back into the game.
This is the problem, someone shares a story and if they don't like it they automatically attack

God Bless you Radiotalker

cannon

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 19, 2017, 11:52:58 am

5th grade summer league makeshift girls AAU playday in Dyer County, TN, and nope, she spent the last quarter of the game doing pushups.  Like I said, didn't play in the next game, either. 

Based on your comment, you would've done it differently.  So, to satisfy my morbid curiosity, how would you, as a coach, have disciplined that 5th grade girl in a league game?

Jimbo Morphis

Are there any mental health professionals in NE Arkansas?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Oldman on December 19, 2017, 01:01:20 pm
;D
Yes , and they have a lot of work to do!!! Lol
;D

luxora4life

Quote from: 870baller15 on December 19, 2017, 11:49:55 am
I think there's a little difference between talking a little trash and punching someone. I'm all for physical play but throwing punches is too far.

I known #2 his whole life and coached him in pee-wee basketball and football and I am sit here right now trying hard to think of a fight he has had on the court/field, in school, or in the community.  But believe me on this, if he was going to punch #4 everybody in the gym would have knew.  People sitting around me was joking that #4 should have played football for Manila.  Saying, nobody had tackled #2 like that all football season.  No one jumped up and said, hey he just punched him or tried to throw a punch.  And my seat was surrounded by Manila's Fan that night. 

But your opinion of the incident is just fine, if it make you feel like you have accomplish your hidden motive. 

So, let me say it for you.  Rivercrest don't have class, Their basketball coach Don't have class.  There do you feel better or is there something else you need to point out about Rivercrest.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: luxora4life on December 19, 2017, 01:07:26 pm
I known #2 his whole life and coached him in pee-wee basketball and football and I am sit here right now trying hard to think of a fight he has had on the court/field, in school, or in the community.  But believe me on this, if he was going to punch #4 everybody in the gym would have knew.  People sitting around me was joking that #4 should have played football for Manila.  Saying, nobody had tackled #2 like that all football season.  No one jumped up and said, hey he just punched him or tried to throw a punch.  And my seat was surrounded by Manila's Fan that night. 

But your opinion of the incident is just fine, if it make you feel like you have accomplish your hidden motive. 

So, let me say it for you.  Rivercrest don't have class, Their basketball coach Don't have class.  There do you feel better or is there something else you need to point out about Rivercrest.

Lux, I believe the way they both got up off the floor with no further altercation , both players thought it was just a scrum for a loose ball. I've seen scrums  turn into fights, this did not happen in the video.
If Refs do  not take control early , playing hard can escalate into more.

luxora4life

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 19, 2017, 01:14:21 pm
Lux, I believe the way they both got up off the floor with no further altercation , both players thought it was just a scrum for a loose ball. I've seen scrums  turn into fights, this did not happen in the video.
If Refs do  not take control early , playing hard can escalate into more.

I, agree

luxora4life

Quote from: Oldman on December 19, 2017, 01:01:20 pm

Yes, and they do travel to the south end of the state.  Do y'all  need them too. ;D

NEA Razorback olfan

December 19, 2017, 01:21:31 pm #77 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 01:25:13 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: luxora4life on December 19, 2017, 01:17:26 pm
Yes, and they do travel to the south end of the state.  Do y'all  need them too. ;D

;D ;D :D

ISU7

Quote from: Neabasketballfan17 on December 19, 2017, 08:51:47 am
Also ISU you better cherish that 2011 title because unless you have some mass move ins there won't be another for a LONG time.  Did you notice the Jr High (Manila starters didn't play most of the second half) and 7th grade scores?
Lol and you better cherish the oh wait you only have district and regional trophies to cherish lol. Colts win state in more than one sport the cheerleaders just won state last week.
That's two state titles in less than 2 weeks.😀😀😀😀

neaguru

Quote from: ISU7 on December 21, 2017, 12:48:48 am
Lol and you better cherish the oh wait you only have district and regional trophies to cherish lol. Colts win state in more than one sport the cheerleaders just won state last week.
That's two state titles in less than 2 weeks.😀😀😀😀
You can't predict how Rivercrest will be based on the jr high and 7th grade scores those kids still have a lot more time to mature and grow skill wise. There's one thing about Rivercrest and it's that they won't ever be terrible in basketball or football and for the most part their baseball teams have been successful as well.

luxora4life

December 21, 2017, 11:56:14 am #80 Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 10:31:47 am by luxora4life
Quote from: neaguru on December 21, 2017, 10:15:50 am
You can't predict how Rivercrest will be based on the jr high and 7th grade scores those kids still have a lot more time to mature and grow skill wise. There's one thing about Rivercrest and it's that they won't ever be terrible in basketball or football and for the most part their baseball teams have been successful as well.

True.  Plus, their two best Jr High players aren't playing.  One is playing Sr. High ball, and I don't know the reason the 8th grader isn't playing nor his brother.  They will be just fine in the future. 

ISU7

Quote from: neaguru on December 21, 2017, 10:15:50 am
Right but you know that's all they got to look forward too. Maybe one day soon they will get pass just being a regular season and regional team.😀

870baller15

Maybe one day soon you will realize this is a basketball thread 😂

ISU7

Quote from: 870baller15 on December 22, 2017, 02:45:27 pm
Maybe one day soon you will realize this is a basketball thread 😂
Lol when did they start playing regionals in football. Cmon man 😀😀😀😀 read the post again .lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas