• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Score thread

Started by HorseFeathers, November 27, 2017, 08:27:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttack

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on January 19, 2018, 11:49:51 pm
Pangburn had all of their starters playing. Had trouble containing Concord's sophomore post players and fouled a ton. Concord shot 40 free throws.
Look Daddy Eagle!  Concord finally found some post players?  :)

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: gamechanger11 on January 19, 2018, 07:16:54 pm
Pangburn always has great record but turns out to not be very good every year. Plays an extremely weak schedule.
Changer must be talking about boys? 

riccoar

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 19, 2018, 10:46:23 pm
....so Concord that good? Pangburn missing starters? Details?!
It means Pangburn is awful at guarding the 3 point shot.

Catfish

Cornett has changed these girls man. They have 3 sophomores that can play and they play HARD and PHYSICAL. Not to mention a senior guard Davis who is the best  player in the conference. They're fun to watch. Boys are the same way. That group of seniors on the boys side has always played super hard. They have 2 sophomore kids that can play too. That's s BIG win by our girls! Go Pirates!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Catfish on January 20, 2018, 01:42:40 pm
Cornett has changed these girls man. They have 3 sophomores that can play and they play HARD and PHYSICAL. Not to mention a senior guard Davis who is the best  player in the conference. They're fun to watch. Boys are the same way. That group of seniors on the boys side has always played super hard. They have 2 sophomore kids that can play too. That's s BIG win by our girls! Go Pirates!
I think pangburn girls are just having a rough stretch. Shirley was beating them for a whole half of that tells you something

thebigman3

Acorn- 28
MVE-32
Girls
5:09 left in the 3rd

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 20, 2018, 04:41:59 pm
Acorn- 28
MVE-32
Girls
5:09 left in the 3rd

What time did the games start

thebigman3

MVE-56
Acorn-50
Girls

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 20, 2018, 05:10:43 pm
What time did the games start
4. MVE girls played Acorn and the boys are abt to play Marvell. Don't know why two different teams.

thebigman3

End of the 1rst.
MVE-11
Marvell-8

thebigman3

25-18 Marvell at the half

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 20, 2018, 05:12:41 pm
4. MVE girls played Acorn and the boys are abt to play Marvell. Don't know why two different teams.

Ah....glad I decided not to try and make it....thought they started at 530

motox202

Just read that Norfork girls beat calico rock last night at calico, 94-34

thebigman3

BannerChaser95

January 20, 2018, 08:04:07 pm #214 Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 08:42:15 pm by BannerChaser95
Nashville Bankers Classic
CHAMPIONSHIPS

Kirby girls 43

Centerpoint 36

Kirby 51

Nashville 47

BannerMountainMan

Shirley has no games next week I wish they would play one against Kirby, or Omaha just to keep the line moving for them, they wouldn't win but they are playing well now and need to not get out of Rythmn

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 20, 2018, 08:52:25 pm
Shirley has no games next week I wish they would play one against Kirby, or Omaha just to keep the line moving for them, they wouldn't win but they are playing well now and need to not get out of Rythmn
I hate weeks like that.. just sit their fiddling your thumbs like "welllll"

Catfish

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 20, 2018, 02:45:12 pm
I think pangburn girls are just having a rough stretch. Shirley was beating them for a whole half of that tells you something

I'm telling you Cornett has a lot to do with it.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: gamechanger11 on January 19, 2018, 07:16:54 pm
Pangburn always has great record but turns out to not be very good every year. Plays an extremely weak schedule.

riccoar

Quote from: Catfish on January 21, 2018, 10:39:42 am
I'm telling you Cornett has a lot to do with it.
What about the other 2 times this season Pangburn beat them?  You play a solid zone defense (3-2), focusing on shutting down 3 pointers, and you will severely limit Concord.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: riccoar on January 22, 2018, 11:16:18 am
What about the other 2 times this season Pangburn beat them?  You play a solid zone defense (3-2), focusing on shutting down 3 pointers, and you will severely limit Concord.
Someone on here said they scored a bunch around the bucket against Pangburn!  Think it was Gamechanger

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: riccoar on January 22, 2018, 11:16:18 am
so Catfish's post was even more accurate, improving throughout the season under Cornett

riccoar

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 22, 2018, 12:02:26 pm
so Catfish's post was even more accurate, improving throughout the season under Cornett
Well, if getting 1 of 3 against Pangburn and not being able to solve MVE is improving then I'd say don't quit your day job.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: riccoar on January 22, 2018, 01:00:15 pm
Well, if getting 1 of 3 against Pangburn and not being able to solve MVE is improving then I'd say don't quit your day job.
Im not leaving Sonic anytime soon!  The team that I watched 2 Friday's ago that beat us without the Davis girl is much improved!  Very interesting how some kids positively respond to coaching. 

riccoar

January 22, 2018, 02:23:09 pm #224 Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 07:49:21 am by riccoar
Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 22, 2018, 01:24:38 pm
Im not leaving Sonic anytime soon!  The team that I watched 2 Friday's ago that beat us without the Davis girl is much improved!  Very interesting how some kids positively respond to coaching.
Like I said, a team that's coached on zone would know how to handle it.

Backboard Shattered

January 22, 2018, 03:15:03 pm #225 Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 07:56:28 am by Backboard Shattered
Quote from: riccoar on January 22, 2018, 02:23:09 pm
Like I said, a team that's coached on zone would no how to handle it.
Great post

riccoar

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: riccoar on January 23, 2018, 07:50:08 am
noted.  And I'll take the concession.
Are you working it next game?

riccoar

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 23, 2018, 09:14:59 am
Are you working it next game?
Brought my drink in from Sonic.  That concession needs expanding.

thebigman3

Guy plays WV at Guy tonight, gonna be interesting to see how they respond after winning by only 5 last match up.

thebigman3

Also, I expect Midland and Concord to be a good game.

thebigman3

Correction, Guy beat them by 8 as well in the St. Josepth tournament.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 23, 2018, 01:02:21 pm
Correction, Guy beat them by 8 as well in the St. Josepth tournament.

Did you just post with a lisp?

thebigman3

breezy b

Bay 58   Armorel 55. Bay looking decent

Catfish

Quote from: riccoar on January 22, 2018, 01:00:15 pm

What?? Lol you act like Pangburn isn't a good team. They've lost 3 games all year. MVE is GOOD. Concord starts 3 sophomores so they're still young and learning. I don't really understand the point you're trying to make. Concord isn't as 3 point dependent as they were last year.

BasketballNeverStops

Concord girls over Midland 40+
Concord boys over Midland 65-50

Lady Pirates move to 20-5 on campaign, lock up top seed in district. Pirates win 20th straight game, move to 22-3, and also clinch #1 seed in district.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: riccoar on January 23, 2018, 10:02:07 am
Brought my drink in from Sonic.  That concession needs expanding.
Actually you know why you went to Sonic!  And we thank you

riccoar

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 24, 2018, 07:04:32 am
Actually you know why you went to Sonic!  And we thank you
It's on the way from home.  And I need me a big ocean water or sweet tea from time to time.

BannerChaser95

Kirby over oden 40+

Kirby girls over oden 30+

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: riccoar on January 24, 2018, 08:58:46 am
It's on the way from home.  And I need me a big ocean water or sweet tea from time to time.
Ive heard more than 1 call it a Sweet Tea!  I believe I've saw you turning the old handle on a Sack in the Box!  You got a black eye on the first day!?

J.D.

Mt.Vernon-Enola defeats Guy-Perkins in Sr.Boys action 82-72.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: J.D. on January 25, 2018, 09:14:38 pm
Mt.Vernon-Enola defeats Guy-Perkins in Sr.Boys action 82-72.
Guy got RNPd

J.D.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: J.D. on January 25, 2018, 09:27:32 pm
Backdoor was open all night.
if guy can't score they can't win, no defense at all, hutch don't teach it

BigLion10

Where's thechump3 at tonight??

Backboard Shattered

This post is amazing on like 83 diff ways!  Thanks JD 😂

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 25, 2018, 09:30:54 pm
Where's thechump3 at tonight??
Reading this, crying in a corner with something smeared all over his face

Eagle_Mom_2

Enjoyed watching this beat down immensely! Looked as if ole Josh 39 college offers Ballard came back to teach Guy's players how to cheat passing lanes to the point Mt Vernon players had to put out the effort to back cut for layups. I think we are seeing all that preseason work of chasing each other with fun noodles paying off for the Vern. They looked fast tonight.

Backboard Shattered

Didn't Tipton leave MVE?  Must've had players missing again or some other shananigans.  Maybe bus was stolen?  Power of the Noodle!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas