• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Osceola @ Charleston

Started by CHSTigersFan, November 17, 2017, 09:45:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who Wins?

Charleston
36 (36.7%)
Osceola
55 (56.1%)
Who cares it's the Friday after Thanksgiving!
7 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Voting closed: November 25, 2017, 09:45:41 pm

Lineman

I'm sure the Tiger coaching staff has done nothing but watch film on Osceola for the last 20 hours.

gold45

Quote from: teh29 on November 18, 2017, 07:41:12 pm
Osceola is a 2 seed.. Will Charleston get a copy of the game film from the prescott game?

My mistake.  2 seed/3 seed doesn't really matter as we've seen repeatedly throughout these playoffs.  The only numbers that matter are the final score and I have no doubt the Home score will be greater than the Visitor score.  People who watched the Barton game and aren't necessarily Tiger fans are probably doubting their ability to win it all.  But fans who know this team aren't doubting at all.  Go Tigers!

Coltfan2005

Quote from: gold45 on November 18, 2017, 07:12:16 pm
So Osceola has more speed than Chuck?  And they are just a 3 seed?  Interesting.  Can't wait to see those speedsters fly past SMF and Wisdom....Looking forward to this game! Tigers by 2 scores!

Before attempting to be knowledgeable about the game you should at least check the opposing team out, watch a little film, and maybe know that they are the co-conference champions of the 3-3A...which this year was the toughest in 3A.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: gold45 on November 18, 2017, 07:55:49 pm
My mistake.  2 seed/3 seed doesn't really matter as we've seen repeatedly throughout these playoffs.  The only numbers that matter are the final score and I have no doubt the Home score will be greater than the Visitor score.  People who watched the Barton game and aren't necessarily Tiger fans are probably doubting their ability to win it all.  But fans who know this team aren't doubting at all.  Go Tigers!

Knowing one team doesn't mean squat. Do a little research.

gold45

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 18, 2017, 08:05:31 pm
Knowing one team doesn't mean squat. Do a little research.

A little research on what?  The fact that Osceola thinks they are on easy street to a victory Friday night cause they suddenly are the best team in 3-A?  Just keep thinking that.  I'll stick with what I know.  Go Tigers!

Lineman

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 18, 2017, 08:04:26 pm
Before attempting to be knowledgeable about the game you should at least check the opposing team out, watch a little film, and maybe know that they are the co-conference champions of the 3-3A...which this year was the toughest in 3A.
3A-3 is the toughest?  What are you basing this on? 

gold45

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 18, 2017, 08:04:26 pm

Why waste time watching and learning when all one has to do is log onto fearless to find out who the biggest, baddest conference is?  Chuck plays such a weak conference compared to others.  Don't know how we compete year after year... ::)

CapnObvious

November 18, 2017, 09:15:32 pm #57 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 09:39:00 pm by CapnObvious
Well if it was the toughest in 3A then all 5 of your seeds should still be playing right ? Last I checked 3 conferences still have 2teams playing and ours is one of them 🤔.

501Arkansas

This will not be a easy game for Charleston. Charleston confs sucks and osceola will show Charleston how to be physcial, will show them speed and athleticism. They haven't played any tough games but last week. Osceola will show up,hope Charleston does. Osceola by 14+

Lineman

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 18, 2017, 09:57:12 pm
This will not be a easy game for Charleston. Charleston confs sucks and osceola will show Charleston how to be physcial, will show them speed and athleticism. They haven't played any tough games but last week. Osceola will show up,hope Charleston does. Osceola by 14+
Since you're used to being on the basketball boards this time of year, let me clue you in: 
1. It's the 3rd round, there shouldn't be any easy games
2. All conferences "inhale deeply" except your own.
3. I can assure Chuck knows how to be physical & they've seen speed & athleticism.
4. They've played their share of tough games. Have you watched all 12 Tiger games this season? 

The Tigers will be prepared for Friday. Enjoy your drive across the state.

Williebe147

Quote from: Lineman on November 18, 2017, 07:47:41 pm
I'm sure the Tiger coaching staff has done nothing but watch film on Osceola for the last 20 hours.
o they are not able to sleep.  Noles by 26

501Arkansas

Quote from: Lineman on November 18, 2017, 11:31:43 pm
Since you're used to being on the basketball boards this time of year, let me clue you in: 
1. It's the 3rd round, there shouldn't be any easy games
2. All conferences "inhale deeply" except your own.
3. I can assure Chuck knows how to be physical & they've seen speed & athleticism.
4. They've played their share of tough games. Have you watched all 12 Tiger games this season? 

The Tigers will be prepared for Friday. Enjoy your drive across the state.
And come right back across the state with a win

Lineman

ISU7

Quote from: 2010Tigerhaz-been on November 18, 2017, 01:09:20 am
All I'm saying is that I hope the posters egos here don't reflect the team's. You beat the defending state champs so it's easy street from here on out right? I can promise you if your team comes into Charleston Friday thinking what you're thinking then Osceola is gonna be taken to the woodshed and whipped like a red haired step child.
If they do make sure the lights are on ...lol ;D

ISU7

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on November 18, 2017, 10:31:05 am
If the Same Seminole team shows up Friday like they did against us. I don't see anyone in 3a competing with them.
I don't think they will be playing Prescott every game. ;D

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on November 19, 2017, 12:44:47 am
If they do make sure the lights are on ...lol ;D
Yeah dont pull the super bowl trick you guys did a few years ago lol

Lineman

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 19, 2017, 06:23:32 am
Yeah dont pull the super bowl trick you guys did a few years ago lol
You mean the one where we won the championship? 

teh29

Ok.. I don't have a team here. My job requires me to travel all over the state... I go watch whoever im closest to on Friday night. I have seen Osceola 3 times this year. I have not seen charleston. So before I ever make predictions I take time to do as much research as possible and watch as much film as possible etc. I still stand with what I've already said. Charleston has not seen team speed like this all year. I took time to look into every team Charleston has played this year. Osceola is built different and presents different problems that Charleston has yet to see. The qb from Charleston is a heck of a ball player from what I can see on film. But this game will be decided alot like the prescott game. Charleston is going to have a hard time getting the offense rolling against that defense. Charleston is obviously a good team. They make a deep run every year. They are also well coached. But anyone who knows sports will tell you .. "You can't coach size, you can't coach speed." and that will be the difference in the game.

gold45

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 18, 2017, 09:57:12 pm

No games should be easy in the 3rd round of the playoffs.  As far as Charleston not having played any tough games except Barton....are you kidding me?  That's about the most ignorant thing I've read yet.  I guess beating Prescott who got beat by Glen Rose who got beat the first round of the playoffs suddenly has Osceola feeling invincible.  Good thing Chuck has experience beating all kinds of teams, including those physical, fast, athletic, invincible kind.

gold45

Quote from: teh29 on November 19, 2017, 09:36:53 am
Ok.. I don't have a team here. My job requires me to travel all over the state... I go watch whoever im closest to on Friday night. I have seen Osceola 3 times this year. I have not seen charleston. So before I ever make predictions I take time to do as much research as possible and watch as much film as possible etc. I still stand with what I've already said. Charleston has not seen team speed like this all year. I took time to look into every team Charleston has played this year. Osceola is built different and presents different problems that Charleston has yet to see. The qb from Charleston is a heck of a ball player from what I can see on film. But this game will be decided alot like the prescott game. Charleston is going to have a hard time getting the offense rolling against that defense. Charleston is obviously a good team. They make a deep run every year. They are also well coached. But anyone who knows sports will tell you .. "You can't coach size, you can't coach speed." and that will be the difference in the game.

No team in the fight but you've seen Osceola play 3 times? Sounds like a fan of a good team to me. Kind of like some of our sport writers from the papers around here who have become Chuck fans.
And as far as not coaching size or speed, Charleston is always one of the smallest teams on the field wherever we go.  That's nothing new. 

501Arkansas

Quote from: gold45 on November 19, 2017, 09:40:23 am
No games should be easy in the 3rd round of the playoffs.  As far as Charleston not having played any tough games except Barton....are you kidding me?  That's about the most ignorant thing I've read yet.  I guess beating Prescott who got beat by Glen Rose who got beat the first round of the playoffs suddenly has Osceola feeling invincible.  Good thing Chuck has experience beating all kinds of teams, including those physical, fast, athletic, invincible kind.
Not this year

teh29

Of the 3 times I've seen them play.. on the road at Newport.. On the road at Pocahontas.. And their game against prescott which I drove over 80 miles to watch.. . I've also seen some 4a games this year.. Even some 5a.. Just happens to be who is playing closest to me that is worth watching. Charleston may be able to overcome some of the size due to the fact that they throw the ball alot. But the speed will be the issue. Its hard to outcoach speed. Possible, yes. But I don't see it. Alot of what Charleston has lived by this year will be hard for them to execute. Just like prescott. . Osceola took away alot of what they like to do offensively with team speed.

gold45

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 19, 2017, 09:56:26 am
Not this year

So teams like Ozark, Dardanelle, Atkins, and Barton are no match for the physicality, speed, and athleticism of Osceola? Then how in the world did y'all lose 2 games this year? :o

Mister Fister

Quote from: teh29 on November 19, 2017, 09:36:53 am
Ok.. I don't have a team here. My job requires me to travel all over the state... I go watch whoever im closest to on Friday night. I have seen Osceola 3 times this year. I have not seen charleston. So before I ever make predictions I take j
time to do as much research as possible and watch as much film as possible etc. I still stand with what I've already said. Charleston has not seen team speed like this all year. I took time to look into every team Charleston has played this year. Osceola is built different and presents different problems that Charleston has yet to see. The qb from Charleston is a heck of a ball player from what I can see on film. But this game will be decided alot like the prescott game. Charleston is going to have a hard time getting the offense rolling against that defense. Charleston is obviously a good team. They make a deep run every year. They are also well coached. But anyone who knows sports will tell you .. "You can't coach size, you can't coach speed." and that will be the difference in the game.

Good morning coach.   You probably need to be getting a game plan together and not playing on fearless friday. 🤔

GBattack

Chuck doesn't have all the title wins they do because they get lucky... year in and year out, it is meticulous preparation, heart, and good coaching. The Noles May bring some things the Tigers haven't faced this year, but you can bet they will prepare for for it. These 501 boys seem to forget the 4-A non-conference schedule Chuck warms up with each year... All of those teams made it past the first round of the 4-A playoffs...

ISU7

Quote from: gold45 on November 19, 2017, 10:04:11 am
So teams like Ozark, Dardanelle, Atkins, and Barton are no match for the physicality, speed, and athleticism of Osceola? Then how in the world did y'all lose 2 games this year? :o
They lost the first and the last game. Noles are tough and will go to Charleston focused and ready to win .

gold45

Quote from: ISU7 on November 19, 2017, 10:08:10 am
They lost the first and the last game. Noles are tough and will go to Charleston focused and ready to win .

I didn't ask which ones y'all lost.  I asked how was it possible given everything I'm hearing about how much bigger, faster, stronger y'all are compared to even 4-A teams Chuck has played this year?

teh29

I wasn't at either loss, but considering the loses were to blytheville and rivercrest.. I would imagine those two teams matched up with the speed of osc. Those two loses were by 6-3 points also. Read that blytheville scored with less than 30 secs left in the game. And that they misses 3xps at rivercrest. Gosnell played them within 1.. Gosnell is also still alive in 4a and has team speed. ... See the pattern here? And no.. Barton Atkins etc cannot match that speed.

gold45

Quote from: GBattack on November 19, 2017, 10:06:24 am
Chuck doesn't have all the title wins they do because they get lucky... year in and year out, it is meticulous preparation, heart, and good coaching. The Noles May bring some things the Tigers haven't faced this year, but you can bet they will prepare for for it. These 501 boys seem to forget the 4-A non-conference schedule Chuck warms up with each year... All of those teams made it past the first round of the 4-A playoffs...

Well said, GBattack.  I have no doubt the Seminoles will come ready for a game and the Tigers are going to have to be prepared for a fight.  Which they will be well prepared.  That is one of the things they do best...prepare. 

GBattack

Well Gold...we might as well hang it up. These 501 boys have it all figured out. Tell the team to just sit this one out and get prepared for basketball because we've never seen anything like the Noles....we don't have any speed to speak of and can't ever hang with "physical" teams....

TeeLee

Quote from: teh29 on November 19, 2017, 10:25:37 am
I wasn't at either loss, but considering the loses were to blytheville and rivercrest.. I would imagine those two teams matched up with the speed of osc. Those two loses were by 6-3 points also. Read that blytheville scored with less than 30 secs left in the game. And that they misses 3xps at rivercrest. Gosnell played them within 1.. Gosnell is also still alive in 4a and has team speed. ... See the pattern here? And no.. Barton Atkins etc cannot match that speed.
I would bet that the Noles don't have anyone faster than #21 & #25 for Barton. Them little dudes are fast.

teh29

Maybe so. I can't answer that. Charleston makes a run every year for a reason. They have talent.. And a great staff. From what I've seen.. To overcome the speed.. RPO.. And run right at them.. And short passes.. (Quick screens, slants, short out routes).. With their speed.. Its hard to run sweeps.. Off tackle.. And its hard to throw deep on them.. But since Charleston throws the ball well they could fins some success in the short passing game
. if they take 5-8 yard passes all night and stay ahead of the chains.. They can keep osc offense on the sidelines..

gold45

November 19, 2017, 11:05:44 am #82 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 11:22:05 am by gold45
Quote from: teh29 on November 19, 2017, 10:01:52 am
Of the 3 times I've seen them play.. on the road at Newport.. On the road at Pocahontas.. And their game against prescott which I drove over 80 miles to watch.. . I've also seen some 4a games this year.. Even some 5a.. Just happens to be who is playing closest to me that is worth watching. Charleston may be able to overcome some of the size due to the fact that they throw the ball alot. But the speed will be the issue. Its hard to outcoach speed. Possible, yes. But I don't see it. Alot of what Charleston has lived by this year will be hard for them to execute. Just like prescott. . Osceola took away alot of what they like to do offensively with team speed.

What exactly has Charleston lived by this year that they won't be able to execute?  They have a good run game, they have a good short passing game, they have a good deep passing game, they have a good kicking game, and their special teams game is pretty successful as well. Hence their record. From a skill level, this is one of the most talented teams that has come through Charleston in a while.  But yes, I guess if the Noles can take away their ability to execute ALL of what they have lived by this year then Osceola just may get that W after all :o

gold45

Dang this is going to be a fun week!  I love playing a good team that thinks they have a chance!  Makes Fearless so much more entertaining!

teh29

Like I said..if Charleston can stick to running inside and the short passing game they will find success. There is too much speed to beat them down the field or run out on the boundaries against that defense. In not delusional. . Charleston is here most every year for a reason. Im not here saying osceola runs Charleston off the field, Charleston has no chance blah blah. What I am saying is they are fast all over the field. Yes faster than anything Charleston has seen this year. And I feel like their speed is the difference in a very good game with a close outcome. If osceola wins by more than 10-12 ill be surprised.

luxora4life

Quote from: teh29 on November 19, 2017, 10:25:37 am

Rivercrest is bigger and way faster than Osceola.  And that game was never in doubt after the 1st quarter.  Osceola's fan left the game during the 3rd quarter, that's how close this game wasn't .

teh29

3 points.. Failed 2 point conversion and missed 2xp.. I can see how you say the game was never close.. But I wasn't there.. And scores can be Deceiving. But each team scored 4 tds. . crest converted all xps. .. Sounds like a good game that was fairly close to me.

gold45

Quote from: luxora4life on November 19, 2017, 11:26:00 am
Rivercrest is bigger and way faster than Osceola.  And that game was never in doubt after the 1st quarter.  Osceola's fan left the game during the 3rd quarter, that's how close this game wasn't .

And yet Rivercrest lost to Newport, who Osceola beat handily....so who is way faster and bigger?  Osceola or Rivercrest? I thought the way faster and bigger teams were the ones who were supposed to always win according to what I've been reading. 

luxora4life

Quote from: teh29 on November 19, 2017, 11:33:30 am
3 points.. Failed 2 point conversion and missed 2xp.. I can see how you say the game was never close.. But I wasn't there.. And scores can be Deceiving. But each team scored 4 tds. . crest converted all xps. .. Sounds like a good game that was fairly close to me.

The score was 28-12 with under 6 min.left in the game. 

luxora4life

Quote from: gold45 on November 19, 2017, 11:38:34 am
And yet Rivercrest lost to Newport, who Osceola beat handily....so who is way faster and bigger?  Osceola or Rivercrest? I thought the way faster and bigger teams were the ones who were supposed to always win according to what I've been reading.

You left out Rivercrest beat Osceola.  Only people who don't know better would believe that.  Alaways win- no, usually win - is more likely.

gold45

Quote from: luxora4life on November 19, 2017, 11:54:12 am
You left out Rivercrest beat Osceola.  Only people who don't know better would believe that.  Alaways win- no, usually win - is more likely.

I didn't think I had to actually type Rivercrest beat Osceola since that is what the post was in reference to in the first place.  I always forget that I overestimate the literary abilities of some fearless posters.  My bad!  But I'm still waiting on the explanation of how these losses occurred??

luxora4life

Quote from: gold45 on November 19, 2017, 12:03:12 pm
I didn't think I had to actually type Rivercrest beat Osceola since that is what the post was in reference to in the first place.  I always forget that I overestimate the literary abilities of some fearless posters.  My bad!  But I'm still waiting on the explanation of how these losses occurred??

Maybe my point that Rivercrest was bigger and faster than Osceola wasn't the explanation you wanted to hear, or it just flew completely over your head.

gold45

Quote from: luxora4life on November 19, 2017, 12:18:57 pm
Maybe my point that Rivercrest was bigger and faster than Osceola wasn't the explanation you wanted to hear, or it just flew completely over your head.

I'm pretty short and I do have blonde hair so I'll admit things can fly over my head at times.  But this time isn't one of those.  I'm having a a hard time following who is bigger and faster and stronger since all I've heard about is how big, fast, and strong Osceola is and now you're telling me how much bigger and faster and stronger Rivercrest is over Osceola.  So where does Newport rank in the "bigger, faster, stronger" rankings since Rivercrest beat Osceola but lost to Newport who got beat by Osceola?  And for the record, I will go ahead and say Charleston will be smaller.  And since I haven't seen the 40 times or bench stats for any teams other than the Tigers I won't go ahead and make any boasts about how they will be stronger or faster than the Noles.  But what I will say is that the Tigers have faced PLENTY of speed, size, and physicality this year and they have found a way to win.  Just like they will do Friday night.  GO TIGERS!

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Lineman on November 18, 2017, 08:52:19 pm
3A-3 is the toughest?  What are you basing this on? 

Simple, strength of schedule. Not by me, by Calpreps.

luxora4life

Quote from: gold45 on November 19, 2017, 12:34:26 pm
I'm pretty short and I do have blonde hair so I'll admit things can fly over my head at times.  But this time isn't one of those.  I'm having a a hard time following who is bigger and faster and stronger since all I've heard about is how big, fast, and strong Osceola is and now you're telling me how much bigger and faster and stronger Rivercrest is over Osceola.  So where does Newport rank in the "bigger, faster, stronger" rankings since Rivercrest beat Osceola but lost to Newport who got beat by Osceola?  And for the record, I will go ahead and say Charleston will be smaller.  And since I haven't seen the 40 times or bench stats for any teams other than the Tigers I won't go ahead and make any boasts about how they will be stronger or faster than the Noles.  But what I will say is that the Tigers have faced PLENTY of speed, size, and physicality this year and they have found a way to win.  Just like they will do Friday night.  GO TIGERS!

You asked about the two games OSCEOLA lost.  Are you sure your hair is not blonde under that dye. ;D

camo5257

They lost against teams that they couldn't out-jump or out-run, which is really what their offense relies on

gold45

November 19, 2017, 12:51:01 pm #96 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:00:27 pm by gold45
Quote from: luxora4life on November 19, 2017, 12:40:59 pm
You asked about the two games OSCEOLA lost.  Are you sure your hair is not blonde under that dye. ;D

Yep, pretty sure I've been a blonde my whole life and am beginning to think you probably are too.  Since I can't seem to figure out how to break down my question in any format that you can understand, I'm going to try one last ditch effort by asking it this way:  "HOW DO ALL OF YOU BIGGEST BADDEST FASTEST TEAMS (that "s" on the end makes it plural, as in I'm talking about more than one team here) HAVE LOSSES???  If you can't answer that, then I'm just going to answer it myself inside my blonde covered head and just wait to see if I am right when it is answered on the field Friday night  ;D

luxora4life

This was your original question.

gold45

Quote from: camo5257 on November 19, 2017, 12:47:11 pm
They lost against teams that they couldn't out-jump or out-run, which is really what their offense relies on

Gotcha. 

luxora4life

Quote from: gold45 on November 19, 2017, 12:51:01 pm
Yep, pretty sure I've been a blonde my whole life and am beginning to think you probably are too.  Since I can't seem to figure out how to break down my question in any format that you can understand, I'm going to try one last ditch effort by asking it this way:  "HOW DO ALL OF YOU BIGGEST BADDEST FASTEST TEAMS (that "s" on the end makes it plural, as in I'm talking about more than one team here) HAVE LOSSES???  If you can't answer that, then I'm just going to answer it myself inside my blonde covered head and just wait to see if I am right when it is answered on the field Friday night  ;D

Now, the answer to this question is simple.  Another team show up on Friday nights and score more points that night then they gives up.  This has happened to Charleston this year, but it has happen to them before.  See game dated 12-10-2016

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas