• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville SS vs Arkadelphia

Started by SWAT524, November 14, 2017, 01:31:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mossflyer

SS Batesville ran out of gas late but they played a solid game through 3 quarters.

MynameisJeff

1 score lead throughout the entire game till the 4th quarter started. Lost faith & hope, let them run it up on them on them.

JessieP

SS's defense played quite respectable, they were inferior but they fought. The offense for SS was never in the game, they couldn't get anything going. Number 42 on Arkadelphia is a beast, he'd be a beast at the 5A, 6A or 7A level. The O-line did all they could but he dominated. They got called for holding him about 5 times but they held him on every play, you have no choice. But still, kudos to SS, you don't go from 1-8 to WMS in a couple years. They are still a couple years away but are on the upswing, no question.

Nacho

I think not playing last week stalled out our offense, I'm glad it kicked in at the end of the game. There can be no stalling on Ashdown.

JessieP

Quote from: Nacho on November 17, 2017, 10:56:24 pm
I think not playing last week stalled out our offense, I'm glad it kicked in at the end of the game. There can be no stalling on Ashdown.

I forgot about the bye week. They did look out of sorts the first few drives, bad snaps, wrong hand offs and missed blocks. After halftime they had total control. Remember, this game should have been a shut-out. The SS score came after 3 defenders missed easy tackles in the backfield, then it was open field. Had Arkadelphia played 4 quarters of Arkadelphia football it's 56-0.

arklasports57

Quote from: mossflyer on November 17, 2017, 09:54:04 pm
SS Batesville ran out of gas late but they played a solid game through 3 quarters.

Agree. SS defense was impressive.  Hats off to them for a great season.  First visit to the Southerners field. Very nice facility, friendly folks and talented team. 

JessieP

Quote from: SouthernerPride on November 17, 2017, 07:34:25 pm
Southerners Caden Husky intercepts Turner. Southerners have the ball on the Badger 16.

And then it went silent, crickets chirping. Maybe it wasn't one of the best defenses in the state, all classifications.

SouthernerPride

Quote from: JessieP on November 18, 2017, 09:03:11 pm
And then it went silent, crickets chirping. Maybe it wasn't one of the best defenses in the state, all classifications.
Southside played with Arky up until the end of the third. Just ran out of gas and had some important guys get dinged up. Full credit to the Badgers for playing a complete game. Southside just couldn't get the offense going.. too many penalties and negative plays. Arkadelphia has one of the most impressive defenses ive ever seen. It will take a high powered offense and stout run D to keep the Badgers out of Little Rock.

richboy

November 19, 2017, 02:49:18 am #58 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 02:58:21 am by richboy
Quote from: MynameisJeff on November 17, 2017, 10:07:59 pm
1 score lead throughout the entire game till the 4th quarter started. Lost faith & hope, let them run it up on them on them.
just an correction, it was 16-0 arky at halftime, the only score from Ss was in the 3rd. It was not a 1 score lead the entire game until the 4th, I believe Ss only made it in the red zone once or twice the entire game

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas