• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Round 2 Pokey at Ashdown

Started by Redskin2015, November 10, 2017, 11:18:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who ya got?

Panthers
39 (59.1%)
Redskins
27 (40.9%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Redskin2015

Pokey came out angry against Dumas winning 56-16 while ashdown beat the conference runner up of the 3-4A 28-7 I think this one could turn into a barn burner depending on what ashdown and pokey teams show up

ballislife101

if pokey has the same team show up and perform like yesterday, it'll be a fun game to watch!

Redskin2015

Quote from: ballislife101 on November 11, 2017, 09:32:58 am
if pokey has the same team show up and perform like yesterday, it'll be a fun game to watch!
Agreed not every year you have two 4 seeds facing off in the second round it has potential to be a great game

ea cat

Pokeys hurry up no huddle was unreal. Congrats and good luck.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: ea cat on November 11, 2017, 01:09:45 pm
Pokeys hurry up no huddle was unreal. Congrats and good luck.
That's the first time all year we've really gone up tempo. Keeping opponents defenseson their toes is definitely something we've needed to do and that team that played Dumas was a completely different one than I've seen all year

NEA Razorback olfan

bigchief72455

Looking forward to another big game. Should be fun to watch.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 11, 2017, 02:19:15 pm
Looking forward to another big game. Should be fun to watch.
congrats on yall's win last night

snap crackle

I was missed badly on the dumas game so I'll go Pokey by 6 in this one.

camo5257

I think it depends on how well Ashdown can contain #3 qb, kid is insanely quick

RyanLR

This has got to be on of the longest drives for any team in Arkansas history. Pocahontas is way up in the northeast corner by Jonesboro, and Ashdown could not be farther in the southwestern corner of the state close to Texas and Louisiana.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: camo5257 on November 11, 2017, 10:03:46 pm
I think it depends on how well Ashdown can contain #3 qb, kid is insanely quick
That would be Mr Devon Adams who ran a 4.39 40 over the summer at an Arkansas camp. Not just speed, but the moves are his big thing

Hogman2018

No dog in this fight but no kid in high school  in Ark ran a 4.39 I call hogwash!!!

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 12, 2017, 08:35:07 am
No dog in this fight but no kid in high school  in Ark ran a 4.39 I call hogwash!!!
You can ask any other Pocahontas or NEA person and they'll tell you he did or you can check Hootens. And if it makes you feel any better, he ran a 4.6 at a ASU camp two weeks later

Hogman2018

4.6 is a long way from a 4.39! Believe it or not there is not too many D-1 players run a 4.39!

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

This is from Hootens earlier this year. Scroll down to the Pocahontas prediction and you'll see
http://www.hootens.com/09-18-2017/class-4a-week-4-rankings-notes--picks/6190.html

Hatchet

Asdown by 21.  I have seen Pokey play 3 times this year and they were pretty much held in check(gosnell,Turmann and Westside)

bigchief72455

Quote from: Hatchet on November 12, 2017, 11:25:09 am
Asdown by 21.  I have seen Pokey play 3 times this year and they were pretty much held in check(gosnell,Turmann and Westside)
I have seen every game they have played this season. And I can tell you that though this team is not like the teams we have had in the previous few years they have the potential to break a game open at any moment. Those 3 games you saw except for 1 were decided by a score or less. The point is that this team has improved and will continue to get better. Nobody expected them to get past the first round in Dumas but they did in spectacular fashion. I hope they walk in and give Ashdown a hard time and win or lose,they play with the heart they have shown all season long.

On another note for Hogman, #3 was timed on the 40 with a 4.39 at the U of A junior prospect cam this summer. It was reported in a few articles. 4.6 a few weeks ago. Any way you slice it, that kid is quick and elusive.

Scooter2121

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

If the Redskins come out and play like they did versus Dumas, I don't know if any 4A team on the state could beat them. Question is: will the confidence be there from beating Dumas and will they try to relax too much

blegit

If they lose that don't mean they choked. It could be they got outplayed that night. I don't think many teams are dealing with what they are dealing with. losing a big time quarterback and losing their stud wide receiver. I repeat take the two best player off any teams in the 4a and they are not the same team

bigchief72455

Quote from: blegit on November 12, 2017, 02:51:11 pm
If they lose that don't mean they choked. It could be they got outplayed that night. I don't think many teams are dealing with what they are dealing with. losing a big time quarterback and losing their stud wide receiver. I repeat take the two best player off any teams in the 4a and they are not the same team
They are still pretty good though.

blegit

Yes they are still pretty good. I am really proud of them for continuing to fight with all the circumstances that has happen to them

Redskin2015

I'm gonna go with pokey by 12 the Redskins are playing like they've got something to prove

panthers fan

I believe that Ashdown will win 35 - 13. Too much team speed.

STUNNA

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on November 12, 2017, 02:36:01 pm
If the Redskins come out and play like they did versus Dumas, I don't know if any 4A team on the state could beat them. Question is: will the confidence be there from beating Dumas and will they try to relax too much

Pump the brakes... it was Dumas!!!

Csa17

TBone70

Redskin2015

Redskin2015

Quote from: TBone70 on November 13, 2017, 11:47:56 am
Thanks for all that 3-4a support. Well done.
For real us 3-4A gotta stick together

Csa17

Go back and read the thread of trumann and ashdown and talk to me about 3-4a support I have seen both teams up close just giving my opinion but I hope pokey does well to rep our conference

Redskin2015

Quote from: Csa17 on November 13, 2017, 11:54:41 am
Go back and read the thread of trumann and ashdown and talk to me about 3-4a support I have seen both teams up close just giving my opinion but I hope pokey does well to rep our conference
Done better than truman so far with yet another first round L

Csa17

First round second round it doesn't really matter if u don't make it to little rock it's all the same good luck to pokey I hope u do well

Redskin2015

Quote from: Csa17 on November 13, 2017, 12:03:18 pm
First round second round it doesn't really matter if u don't make it to little rock it's all the same good luck to pokey I hope u do well
And that attitude is why truman will never make it to the rock 😂 you lose and you immediately start calling for your coaches head

Csa17

I have never said the coach should b replaced I did see those comments and there r alot of things that caused those comments besides losing I think trumann had a better team earlier in the season than the last few games but for the 3rd time I wish pokey good luck

bigchief72455

The Skins are still going to have to play a near perfect game to get past Ashdown. They are still a very good team without their main playmakers. And yes CSA,Trumann was far different the last few games. I have watched them and it seemed like the intensity was not there.

Redskin2015

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 13, 2017, 03:09:21 pm
The Skins are still going to have to play a near perfect game to get past Ashdown. They are still a very good team without their main playmakers. And yes CSA,Trumann was far different the last few games. I have watched them and it seemed like the intensity was not there.
But playing Paragould hoxie and Manila isn't saying too much, truman was good this year not as good as they could've been if they used a less predictable offense

Csa17

Trumann won most conference games by 2-3 tds and u r right they could have been better and they had the athletes  to run a different offense if wanted they even practiced a shotgun package but most of those athletes stood on the sidelines and that frustrated alot of the players I think that's why some of the intensity was lost by the end of the season some of the Sr started even walked off the field and quit a couple weeks ago

camo5257

Pokey finally broke the 1st round curse! Rooting for my hometown- Go Redskins!

camo5257

Quote from: Redskin2015 on November 13, 2017, 03:36:37 pm
But playing Paragould hoxie and Manila isn't saying too much, truman was good this year not as good as they could've been if they used a less predictable offense
Don't group hoxie in with them lol.. were you not following 3-a? Hoxie was up 35-0 on manila in the 1st qtr

Redskin2015

Quote from: camo5257 on November 13, 2017, 04:16:07 pm
Don't group hoxie in with them lol.. were you not following 3-a? Hoxie was up 35-0 on manila in the 1st qtr
Lost in the first hoxie aren't what they used to be I would like to see them get back to that status though!

Redskin2015

Quote from: camo5257 on November 13, 2017, 04:14:28 pm
Pokey finally broke the 1st round curse! Rooting for my hometown- Go Redskins!
Pokey made past the first round in 2015, and 2016 I think you may be thinking of the 11 game curse

Redskin2015

Quote from: Csa17 on November 13, 2017, 03:54:42 pm
Trumann won most conference games by 2-3 tds and u r right they could have been better and they had the athletes  to run a different offense if wanted they even practiced a shotgun package but most of those athletes stood on the sidelines and that frustrated alot of the players I think that's why some of the intensity was lost by the end of the season some of the Sr started even walked off the field and quit a couple weeks ago
I don't necessarily mean shotgun or spread but like a pro single back, or I formation would be a nice refreshment for the wildcats something where you have to respect the pass out of a little more than you do now

camo5257

Quote from: Redskin2015 on November 13, 2017, 04:23:34 pm

Pokey made past the first round in 2015, and 2016 I think you may be thinking of the 11 game curse
No they didn't.. They lost to gravette in 1st round in 2016, and star city in the 1st round in 2015. Both could be due to loss of key players on game 10

camo5257

Quote from: Redskin2015 on November 13, 2017, 04:21:58 pm

Lost in the first hoxie aren't what they used to be I would like to see them get back to that status though!
Yeah i'd like to see that too. But that was just a bad game all around. Dropped open passes, busted coverage all night, several calls were missed by refs, good game to harmony grove, but i think hoxie is still the better team. Besides, you can't judge how good a team is by a loss in the first round (cough) Trumann

Csa17

I think trumann had the toughest first round draw in the whole tournament as someone said ashdown is not ur normal 4th seed

Pokey03

Quote from: camo5257 on November 13, 2017, 04:56:40 pm
No they didn't.. They lost to gravette in 1st round in 2016, and star city in the 1st round in 2015. Both could be due to loss of key players on game 10
2014 beat Robinson in round 1, lost to Shiloh in 2nd.

bigchief72455

Star City was a second round loss. We had a first round bye.

camo5257

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 13, 2017, 06:59:59 pm
Star City was a second round loss. We had a first round bye.
Ok, first GAME curse

Jimbo Morphis

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas