• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HA @ Junction City

Started by Monsta, November 10, 2017, 10:28:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

panther07

I'm devastated, but that was a lot of fun to see.  An absolute sligfest. One of the more physical games I've ever seen. Good luck JC the rest of the way. Hope to see you guys again.

Dragon I

One question.  You guys have an excellent kicker.  Why in the world would your coach put the ball in the air on the last int?  You run the ball 3 times, kill the clock and kick the FG, and it's over, or, worst case scenario, JC has to drive the length of the field in almost 2 minutes less.

panther07

Quote from: Dragon I on November 17, 2017, 10:57:51 pm
One question.  You guys have an excellent kicker.  Why in the world would your coach put the ball in the air on the last int?  You run the ball 3 times, kill the clock and kick the FG, and it's over, or, worst case scenario, JC has to drive the length of the field in almost 2 minutes less.

Hindsight always 20/20. He had missed a fg and extra point already. He's a better WR than kicker.

panther07

And honestly probably qb decided to throw it. Give qb ability to throw quick game off run call

Dragon I

That kid had a strong leg.  I was getting nervous on the last drive once they crossed mid field.  Lol!

THA TRUTH

Kicking into a strong wind is maybe one reason for that play call

bleudog

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 17, 2017, 08:48:23 pm
Back judge trying to look important, making himself part of the game.........

Slim had the worse case of little man syndrome I've ever seen in stripes.

Dragon I

Like he said, hindsight and all!  When they picked up the first down, I figured no way they would throw the ball again. 

THA TRUTH

All in all pretty terrible officials... glad JC pulled out a tough win against a very good team... 18 is on heck of a football player

Dragon I

Yep.  Props to HA.  I hope next week we have that wheel route in our play book.

bleudog

Dragon I

Penalty yardage

4 for 30 yards
21 for 195 yards

You can figure out which is which.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 17, 2017, 11:27:27 pm
All in all pretty terrible officials... glad JC pulled out a tough win against a very good team... 18 is on heck of a football player

Yall's officials must have ridden down from Searcy with our group of officials tonight.  Worst officiating I have ever seen in the playoffs.  I think the deeper the playoff run, the worse they get these days. Should be other way around.

Dragon I

What she the record for penalty yards?

panther07

Doubt it's been kept up with,  but I feel good in saying that's the most in a win ever.

Dragon I

dragondad

Amazing game,  Harding Academy is a great team!  I'll admit I knew they were good on Offense, but their Defense impressed me just as much.  Safe travels home and keep your heads up, all of you are great athletes.

panther07

Quote from: dragondad on November 18, 2017, 12:26:20 am
Amazing game,  Harding Academy is a great team!  I'll admit I knew they were good on Offense, but their Defense impressed me just as much.  Safe travels home and keep your heads up, all of you are great athletes.
5 10th graders, and 3 juniors on that defense tonight I believe. Gonna miss 18 like no other but, HA will be a force on defense next year.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on November 17, 2017, 11:47:49 pm
Yall's officials must have ridden down from Searcy with our group of officials tonight.  Worst officiating I have ever seen in the playoffs.  I think the deeper the playoff run, the worse they get these days. Should be other way around.

Please stop this about the refs.  You and others thought and wanted JC to blow out the 7-4 Wildcats out but it didn't happen.  Congrats. to J.C. on a great win in an epic kind of 2nd round game between these programs.   They got it done in the final minutes against an HA team who hasn't been healthy very many weeks this year and was beginning to gel and getting better each week.  They got the job done and survived against a very good team and remains unbeaten.  Only a few of teams can say that this year.  Good luck to JC. the rest of the playoffs.  It is going to take a Very good team to beat them.

dragondad

Quote from: Skip Baymore on November 18, 2017, 12:34:41 am

Please stop this about the refs.  You and others thought and wanted JC to blow out the 7-4 Wildcats out but it didn't happen.  Congrats. to J.C. on a great win in an epic kind of 2nd round game between these programs.   They got it done in the final minutes against an HA team who hasn't been healthy very many weeks this year and was beginning to gel and getting better each week.  They got the job done and survived against a very good team and remains unbeaten.  Only a few of teams can say that this year.  Good luck to JC. the rest of the playoffs.  It is going to take a Very good team to beat them.

He's an El Dorado fan

HA played an awesome game, no doubt.  As for the refs, well,  the penalty stats make it pretty clear.  If JC can compete with a great offense like HA while amassing 21 Penalties for 195 yards.... they should do well in an evenly called game.

panther07

Quote from: dragondad on November 18, 2017, 12:46:30 am
He's an El Dorado fan

HA played an awesome game, no doubt.  As for the refs, well,  the penalty stats make it pretty clear.  If JC can compete with a great offense like HA while amassing 21 Penalties for 195 yards.... they should do well in an evenly called game.

Well disciplined and sound isn't exactly how I'd describe the dragons at this point. They committed far more penalties thank HA did regardless of how well it's called.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: dragondad on November 18, 2017, 12:46:30 am
He's an El Dorado fan

The penalty stats indicate which team committed the most penalties?  I'm not saying the refs get it right all the time, lol, because they don't,  but in general terms they do a pretty decent job.  And they did tonight.  You are saying that penalty yardage in a game should be close to equal but never very one sided?  What I saw is that JC did commit A Lot more of penalties here and the refs called them.  Good job.   JC shot themselves in the foot many times but was able to overcome it.  To say that the refs came in anti JC or for HA is a broken record to me and almost boring.  You can plug in different teams for the anti and for depending on who is talking on here.   The Dragons were undefeated and ranked number 1 and still are, IMO, penalties or not right now.  But might need every extra yard going forward to get it done.  Skip.

cuz

November 18, 2017, 08:12:46 am #222 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 12:29:10 pm by cuz
Quote from: Skip Baymore on November 18, 2017, 01:15:02 am
The penalty stats indicate which team committed the most penalties?  I'm not saying the refs get it right all the time, lol, because they don't,  but in general terms they do a pretty decent job.  And they did tonight.  You are saying that penalty yardage in a game should be close to equal but never very one sided?  What I saw is that JC did commit A Lot more of penalties here and the refs called them.  Good job.   JC shot themselves in the foot many times but was able to overcome it.  To say that the refs came in anti JC or for HA is a broken record to me and almost boring.  You can plug in different teams for the anti and for depending on who is talking on here.   The Dragons were undefeated and ranked number 1 and still are, IMO, penalties or not right now.  But might need every extra yard going forward to get it done.  Skip.
I agree with a lot of what you say but you are wrong about some of this. Yes JC is their own worst enemy. Frazier needs to make better decisions and the OL needs to put forth more effort instead of standing there. But when the back judge calls more line penalties something isn't wright. When stepping off a 10 yd penalty and actually stepping off 12 yds which happened more than once. No the officiating was bad. HA were very good. Very disciplined and very well oiled machine. Gave JC all they wanted then some. I don't care what seed they came in as it was obvious they had injuries to have the record they had and were definitely a championship caliber team. A very great game.....Hats off to both teams....

tdn (Tim)

Sounds like it was a great match - The score was 20-12 when I went to work and then for some reason China blocked Fearless Friday - what have you guys been saying to rile the Beijing folks?  Anyway, it sounds like it went down to the wire

3cats

I watched the entire game and yes, the refs were horrible, both ways.   Maybe the worst I have ever seen.  If JC can cut down on penalties, and hang on to the football, they will be hard to beat.  Great game to both JC and HA.

THA TRUTH

Never seen an unsportsmanlike penalty be called 5 seconds after a play and it be a spot foul....

Jimbo Morphis

Heard JC got some of that North Arkansas officiating.

Lineman

Quote from: Dragon I on November 17, 2017, 11:45:24 pm
Penalty yardage

4 for 30 yards
21 for 195 yards

You can figure out which is which.
Your crews "clones" must have been at Charleston.
4 penalties on Barton, 17 on the Tigers

bleudog

Quote from: tdn (Tim) on November 18, 2017, 08:32:36 am
Sounds like it was a great match - The score was 20-12 when I went to work and then for some reason China blocked Fearless Friday - what have you guys been saying to rile the Beijing folks?  Anyway, it sounds like it went down to the wire

Somebody at DSN must have stolen some sunglasses.  8)

bleudog

Quote from: cuz on November 13, 2017, 06:33:09 pm
Welcome to our world, Dragon Football....

Leave no doubt

Was kind of looking like your earlier post was coming to fruition.

amehr36

Is there no article... I've been spoiled bleu. Ha.

bleudog

November 18, 2017, 09:45:56 am #231 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 09:59:57 am by bleudog
Quote from: amehr36 on November 18, 2017, 09:42:28 am
Is there no article... I've been spoiled bleu. Ha.

I'm having a bit of an issue with the circulation folks at EDNT right now that should be resolved pretty soon.

How about this for now:  http://www.eldoradonews.com/news/2017/nov/18/junction-city-outlasts-harding-academy/

CoolBreeze

amehr36

Quote from: bleudog on November 18, 2017, 09:45:56 am
I'm have a bit of an issue with the circulation folks at EDNT right now that should be resolved pretty soon.

How about this for now:  http://www.eldoradonews.com/news/2017/nov/18/junction-city-outlasts-harding-academy/
Good article. You da man.

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on November 18, 2017, 09:40:21 am
Was kind of looking like your earlier post was coming to fruition.
Amen, no doubt....😆

freethrow

November 18, 2017, 10:40:44 am #235 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:44:44 am by freethrow
Quote from: Dragon I on November 17, 2017, 10:57:51 pm

Check the video. I think you will see HA was awarded 1/2 the distance to the goal on the PI in the end zone. Repeat 3rd down from the 5yd line. Could have gotten a 1st down at the 3yd line. Pass picked - Arrrrgh!

If JC meets Mayflower there may not be enough lights on the scoreboard!

Skip Baymore

November 18, 2017, 11:15:31 pm #236 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:26:42 pm by Skip Baymore
Quote from: cuz on November 18, 2017, 08:12:46 am
I agree with a lot of what you say but you are wrong about some of this. Yes JC is their own worst enemy. Frazier needs to make better decisions and the OL needs to put forth more effort instead of standing there. But when the back judge calls more line penalties something isn't wright. When stepping off a 10 yd penalty and actually stepping off 12 yds which happened more than once. No the officiating was bad. HA were very good. Very disciplined and very well oiled machine. Gave JC all they wanted then some. I don't care what seed they came in as it was obvious they had injuries to have the record they had and were definitely a championship caliber team. A very great game.....Hats off to both teams....

Good enough for me cuz.  As far as the reffing in general, in all games, I think they do a pretty good job.  Bad calls definitely happen though.  And I can tell you that at probably EVERY home game for HA we see those 10 yard penalties that turn into 12 yard ones, lol,  a couple of times in a game and other bad calls that benefit the "other" team.   A great game though for sure between two really good teams.  And a really, really good playoff year, even though my guys are now out.  As a football fan, you've got to love this season.  Almost like March Madness.  Good luck to the Dragons.  You guys definitely a team that can bring the trophy home.  Skip.

BigBrother

What games do you go to. Officiating is terrible. They are extremely well paid also.

Skip Baymore

November 19, 2017, 12:18:23 am #238 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 12:35:31 am by Skip Baymore
Quote from: BigBrother on November 18, 2017, 11:49:24 pm
What games do you go to. Officiating is terrible. They are extremely well paid also.

Are you talking to me?  Feeling like quoting Robert De niro on this one.  But I'm a guy who sees the glass as half full when possible and definitely has reason to here.  And I don't base the quality of reffing on what I want to happen.  Prob. seen more bad calls against my teams in one season than "good calls" you will see in your lifetime.  And what does how much they are being paid have to do with whether a call is good or not.  Good luck to you.

BigBrother

I hear you. Just think that officials are not held to a high enough standard.  There is no recourse for incidents such as last Friday night. Where one guy on a crew makes a series of terrible calls and there isn't anything you can do about it. And the guy got a hundred bucks plus to do this.

THA TRUTH

There were two pretty terrible officials Friday night being the one on HA sideline and the skinny guy.... both made terrible calls

CoolBreeze

Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 19, 2017, 09:29:57 am
There were two pretty terrible officials Friday night being the one on HA sideline and the skinny guy.... both made terrible calls
Time to stop grousing about the officials. The game is over, and you won. Let's  move on and talk about this week's game with Clinton.

NewDragon

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 18, 2017, 09:53:47 am
How can we trust the stats, when they got the final score wrong?

The score has been corrected.  Not sure what happened, but it is now correct. 

THA TRUTH

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 19, 2017, 02:03:27 pm
Time to stop grousing about the officials. The game is over, and you won. Let's  move on and talk about this week's game with Clinton.

It's more fun to talk about this than talk on a thread where the Clinton posters don't even think they have a chance

dragondad

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=174468269803547&id=127309331186108

Dragons 92 offensive snaps vs Harding Academy a new state record for offensive plays in a game. 3rd most nationally according to NFHS Network

bleudog

November 19, 2017, 09:25:29 pm #245 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 01:47:36 pm by bleudog
The last few minutes of the game:  http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/109881788

thabeast428

I will say this HA was a good alround team and very discipline. Much respect for them guys, coaches and fans all showed alot of class. And really believe that is the best team Jc has and will face this year.

THA TRUTH

Hey breezy how bout those refs last Friday??? Pretty terrible huh

thabeast428

😂🤣 i think Breeze likes to discuss the refs in every forum

bleudog

Here ya go 36, this one is the same article but it shouldn't time out if you want to go back and look at it more than a couple of times.:  CLICK HERE

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas