• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport at McGehee

Started by owl84, November 10, 2017, 09:50:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

owl84

Sounds like Newport runs the ball. Could be a quick game if we both run a lot.

Proud Buckaroo

I look for McGehee to pull this one off. Keys are stopping Brodus and Cox. But that is difficult to do. Newport could come into this game with a possible hangover from beating Glen Rose.

I'm going with McGehee by 6.

jay nelvin

Going with the Owls, as they are on a roll right now.

Bwana

501Arkansas

Newport has all their kids back so ill have to roll with newport

Moose

Newport shot their wad tonight.  McGhee rolls and I mean rolls

ISU7

Quote from: Moose on November 10, 2017, 11:47:25 pm
We heard that somewhere before different team ;D
GO HOUNDS!!!!!!

Moose

You didn't hear it from me, It's week to week.  You guys enjoy it while it lasts.

Jimbo Morphis

I think this will be a really good ballgame. Too close for a prediction right now.

ea cat

Should be a great high school game. Good Luck to both.

Monsta

Don't know much about Newport but they have a stud from Augusta at RB if I'm correct, but I know a little about McGhee and That Offense They Run is Hard to stop They Have Been On A Roll But Now It's Time To See what they are made of But I'm taking Them by 14

beaverfan007

If NEWPORT plays like they did at Glen rose They will win

Monsta

Quote from: beaverfan007 on November 11, 2017, 08:51:47 am
your voice is irrelevant now, your opinion no longer matters, Take a seat on the L Train  :D

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: beaverfan007 on November 11, 2017, 08:51:47 am
Tell us more please. Why will they win! How do these teams match up?

Monsta

Quote from: Oldman on November 11, 2017, 09:02:32 am
Tell us more please. Why will they win! How do these teams match up?
old man I Agee they don't y'all roll big

Moose

I don't think Newport wins.  I think McGhee rolls.  Brodus is a beast no doubt, but that's all they've got.  Stop him from running between the tackles and you win.  Newport played a flawless game and beat GR by 1. You won't run up the middle on them, but there is plenty of other ways to beat them.

Oldhound56

They said we wouldn't run up the middle on Glen Rose either, but Broadus had 198 yds rushing and Cox had 97. Newport had over 300 yds rushing and over 100 passing.  They have 4 backs that have scored this year and 4 different receivers. One back at almost 1300 yards who didn't play on all the games due to injury and another with 800 yards rushing. Quarterback has thrown for right at 1000 with about 10 or so TD's and he missed a game and a half due to injury.  Broadus is a great player, but he is not their only weapon. They have guys that can score all over the field.

Mcghee is very good and it is a long trip. Should be a great game. Go Hounds!  Play hard and let's just see what happens.

Leo Marvin

November 11, 2017, 11:01:26 am #17 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:05:46 am by Leo Marvin
Quote from: Moose on November 11, 2017, 09:09:59 am
I don't think Newport wins.  I think McGhee rolls.  Brodus is a beast no doubt, but that's all they've got.  Stop him from running between the tackles and you win.  Newport played a flawless game and beat GR by 1. You won't run up the middle on them, but there is plenty of other ways to beat them.

Newport did not play flawless.  If Newport and GR lined up and played again, Newport would be the favorite.  Take 23 off GR, they have nothing.

CoolBreeze

McGehee may be the 2nd best team in the state for all I know. They played JC touch for a while. But who have they beaten? Where are their quality wins? My point is there is no way to know at this point how good they are.

On the other hand, Newport has defeated two 1-seeds. They can be very good but can be inconsistent.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 11, 2017, 12:18:04 pm
McGehee may be the 2nd best team in the state for all I know. They played JC touch for a while. But who have they beaten? Where are their quality wins? My point is there is no way to know at this point how good they are.

On the other hand, Newport has defeated two 1-seeds. They can be very good but can be inconsistent.
You are right on all your points. I can tell you this is a different McGehee team than the one that played Junction City.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on November 11, 2017, 12:42:15 pm
You are right on all your points. I can tell you this is a different McGehee team than the one that played Junction City.
In what ways?

501Arkansas

Quote from: Leo Marvin on November 11, 2017, 11:01:26 am
Newport did not play flawless.  If Newport and GR lined up and played again, Newport would be the favorite.  Take 23 off GR, they have nothing.
Top bad GR is out so they will not play again. You get one shot and they failed lol.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 11, 2017, 12:43:48 pm
In what ways?
Key lineman healthy and cool weather really helps our depth issue. Also a true wing-t team's timing gets better.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on November 11, 2017, 01:00:39 pm
Key lineman healthy and cool weather really helps our depth issue. Also a true wing-t team's timing gets better.
Thanks. Appreciate the info.

camo5257

Quote from: Moose on November 10, 2017, 11:47:25 pm
Really? I mean its not too far to say that mcghee wins, but blowout a team that just beat the #4 in the state at their place? I think that prediction had a bit of salt in it huh

cuz

Quote from: camo5257 on November 11, 2017, 03:33:48 pm
Really? I mean its not too far to say that mcghee wins, but blowout a team that just beat the #4 in the state at their place? I think that prediction had a bit of salt in it huh
McGeehee wins big.....

501Arkansas

Newport wins in a close one

Moose

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 11, 2017, 12:43:55 pm
Top bad GR is out so they will not play again. You get one shot and they failed lol.

Willie, no offense but you really should think about taking some grammar classes.  They really will help you when you get out in the real world.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Moose on November 11, 2017, 08:37:28 pm
Willie, no offense but you really should think about taking some grammar classes.  They really will help you when you get out in the real world.
I dont need to take anything thank you sir. Tell Glen Rose i said Hi.....I meant BYE!!!!

camo5257

Quote from: cuz on November 11, 2017, 07:38:40 pm
McGeehee wins big.....
Why do you think they win so easily? Mcgehee is 4 or 5 ranks lower than the team newport just beat, and finished season with a worse record

hootingowl

Those rankings mean nothing. Heck its who wants it the most when it gets to this point. Newport a 5 seed but very easily could be a 2. Havent seen newport play but nobody has stopped mcgehee all year. Scored 38 on #1 Junction City. Im just saying if newport comes to mcgehee and wins, they gonna have to score 50 points. Bc nobody has stopped mcgehee from scoring this year and i bet it dont happen friday night. Owls win if they come out focused. If they play like they đĩd last friday, basketball season starts monday. We will see who wants it the most.....

hootingowl

Hootens hád mcgehee ranked 23 to start the year i beleive. Shows u what they know. Ơwls are a def top 5 team

ISU7

Quote from: Moose on November 11, 2017, 09:09:59 am
So you saying 1 seed Glen rose couldn't stop a 5 seed team with one player lol ..hmmmmmm. ;D

Moose

Quote from: ISU7 on November 12, 2017, 02:47:03 am
So you saying 1 seed Glen rose couldn't stop a 5 seed team with one player lol ..hmmmmmm. ;D

Well genius, if they would have stopped him, they win.  Why ask redundant questions.  Please act like you have just a little bit of intelligence.  This thread is about McGhee vs Newport.  If you want GR to continue to dominate all of you thoughts, go post it on that thread.  Geez...where do these guys come from??

Monsta

November 12, 2017, 09:22:45 am #34 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 09:27:13 am by Monsta
Quote from: hootingowl on November 12, 2017, 12:23:39 am
Those rankings mean nothing. Heck its who wants it the most when it gets to this point. Newport a 5 seed but very easily could be a 2. Havent seen newport play but nobody has stopped mcgehee all year. Scored 38 on #1 Junction City. Im just saying if newport comes to mcgehee and wins, they gonna have to score 50 points. Bc nobody has stopped mcgehee from scoring this year and i bet it dont happen friday night. Owls win if they come out focused. If they play like they đĩd last friday, basketball season starts monday. We will see who wants it the most.....
the only way McGhee Scored on Jc Was Special Teams ;D They only scored 2 Time With Their Offense One Was A Busted Defensive Play The Other They Actually Scored, Jc Dismantled McGhee

ISU7

Quote from: Moose on November 12, 2017, 08:13:30 am
Well genius, if they would have stopped him, they win.  Why ask redundant questions.  Please act like you have just a little bit of intelligence.  This thread is about McGhee vs Newport.  If you want GR to continue to dominate all of you thoughts, go post it on that thread.  Geez...where do these guys come from??
:'(

hootingowl

Monsta i was there. Yes mcgehee ran a,kickoff back for a td. Where did the other 31 points come from? They could not stop mcgehee. Hope they meet again in december.

Bigred18

Quote from: Oldhound56 on November 11, 2017, 09:21:24 am
They said we wouldn't run up the middle on Glen Rose either, but Broadus had 198 yds rushing and Cox had 97. Newport had over 300 yds rushing and over 100 passing.  They have 4 backs that have scored this year and 4 different receivers. One back at almost 1300 yards who didn't play on all the games due to injury and another with 800 yards rushing. Quarterback has thrown for right at 1000 with about 10 or so TD's and he missed a game and a half due to injury.  Broadus is a great player, but he is not their only weapon. They have guys that can score all over the field.

Mcghee is very good and it is a long trip. Should be a great game. Go Hounds!  Play hard and let's just see what happens.
I don't see any reason Newport would lose big they haven't had the easiest schedule this season and has proven they are capable of beating any team if they show up prepared. I have Newport in a close game. Also stop keying in on one player Broadus is a beast and I think he stands out from everyone but don't think if you stop him you win there is 11 players out there. Go Hounds!!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Bigred18 on November 12, 2017, 05:09:02 pm
I don't see any reason Newport would lose big they haven't had the easiest schedule this season and has proven they are capable of beating any team if they show up prepared. I have Newport in a close game. Also stop keying in on one player Broadus is a beast and I think he stands out from everyone but don't think if you stop him you win there is 11 players out there. Go Hounds!!
No one from McGehee is saying you will lose big.

Proud Buckaroo

Trust me, mcgehee's coach will never allow his kids to take anyone lightly. He is a full believer of football being a TEAM sport. I'm taking McGehee in this one still.

sprained ankle

I just hope the HOUNDS can compete!

ISU7

Quote from: sprained ankle on November 12, 2017, 07:55:53 pm
I just hope the HOUNDS can compete!
Love this quote. lol ;D 8)
Go Hounds!!!!!!!

dragondad

Moose

Quote from: ISU7 on November 12, 2017, 10:56:21 am
  :'(

It's ok OJ, we all get caught up with running our mouths too much sometimes.

Redskin2015

Leo Marvin

I don't know much about McGehee other than they are obviously a good team.  What are the strengths, weaknesses?  Do they throw? How big is the line? Depth?  I'll hang up and listen. Haha

Proud Buckaroo

They run the wing-T. Watch out for the TB. I believe #34. He'll run you over. QB is really shifty, and fast.  They don't throw it unless they are forced to. WB and RB are really good as well. They are more quick than #34. Their line isn't huge. But they aren't small by any means. If you run the ball more than you throw. They will rush 8 and keep 3 in coverage.

2wordsdefense

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 11, 2017, 12:18:04 pm

3 #1 seeds. Don't forget Gosnell in 4A

CoolBreeze

OB11

Quote from: 2wordsdefense on November 13, 2017, 11:47:53 am
3 #1 seeds. Don't forget Gosnell in 4A

I know they were all non-conference games...but Gonsell would have finished as the 4 seed in the 3-3A this year. Shows you how tough that conference was.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas