• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover @ Mayflower.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, November 10, 2017, 09:28:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

You'll just have to wait and see Friday. ;)

eaglecd

Ok. Lol. Should be a good one. Good luck to ya'll and safe travels on the trip to Mayflower Friday.

Grayte88

Im sure MF knows since they prepped for Smackover last week lol

panther07

Quote from: eaglecd on November 11, 2017, 10:17:04 pm
Whats his name? I would like to check out his hudl acct.

His name is Demarious White.  I guess PB thinks Mayflower hasn't seen him on film.

Horse Shoe

Depending on which Smackover team shows up, this game could get real ugly real fast, or the Eagle fans could be gnawing on their fingernails like Houston Nutt come the fourth quarter.  I haven't seen the Eagles play, so I'm not assuming anything about them.  teams with some speed don't scare me like the power set run teams like McGehee and JC sometimes.  Our D will have to show up big.  Offense will have to play pretty much flawless, by that I mean no penalties or turnovers.  And we will need the Eagles to make some mistakes of their own.
If we Play like we did 2nd half of the Lamar game it should stay close.  If we come out flat like we did against McGehee, I predict a similar score.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: panther07 on November 12, 2017, 12:05:52 am
His name is Demarious White.  I guess PB thinks Mayflower hasn't seen him on film.

Wrong. His name is Da'Marous White and I'm sure they have seen film on him. I was just joking anyways.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: panther07 on November 12, 2017, 12:05:52 am
Watch all the film they want.  Still gotta stop him.  And yes I know they got runner backs we gotta stop too.  That's the name of the game.

Proud Buckaroo

What really interests me is the fact that Deon and Keon are only 5'6" and 5'7" and barely weigh 150 lbs. It's just that they are quick and shifty. Smackover definitely has speed to keep up with them. I don't want to make a prediction on this game just yet.  I think Smackover can make it competitive. Just depends on which team shows up. The physical team that showed up last week and the first half of the JC game or the team that just didn't want any part of the McGehee game.

HogRider12

Mark my words. Smackover will not have the speed to keep up with Keon and Deon.

Proud Buckaroo

You're probably right. Absolutely no one on Smackover's team can keep up with a 4.48 and a 4.49 speed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Grayte88

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 12, 2017, 04:30:16 am
What really interests me is the fact that Deon and Keon are only 5'6" and 5'7" and barely weigh 150 lbs. It's just that they are quick and shifty. Smackover definitely has speed to keep up with them. I don't want to make a prediction on this game just yet.  I think Smackover can make it competitive. Just depends on which team shows up. The physical team that showed up last week and the first half of the JC game or the team that just didn't want any part of the McGehee game.
[/quote
These 2 kids are smaller backs but they are strong and Deon is really tough to bring down. He breaks alot of tackles. Should be a good game!

HogRider12

I'm pretty sure that they both bench 230 and squat around 350-370. Definitely not your average 5'6 150pound player. Gonna be a fun game to watch.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 12, 2017, 04:30:16 am
It's more than that PB, they are also wiry and strong. You get them wrapped up, and they still get another 3-4 yards before you can get them down.

Proud Buckaroo

I'm not doubting that Deon and Keon are good. I'm just saying though... Not sure if Mayflower has seen a RB like Da'marous White this year. 6'2" 215 lbs. He's not really quick, but he is definitely hard to bring down. It will most definitely be a fun game to watch. I'm willing to bet Mayflower is planning to run their plays the opposite end of where Da'marous is.

panther07

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 12, 2017, 02:07:01 pm
I'm not doubting that Deon and Keon are good. I'm just saying though... Not sure if Mayflower has seen a RB like Da'marous White this year. 6'2" 215 lbs. He's not really quick, but he is definitely hard to bring down. It will most definitely be a fun game to watch. I'm willing to bet Mayflower is planning to run their plays the opposite end of where Da'marous is.

That's for sure.  He's a force at end. I don't think smackover can beat mayflower and not sure it'll be close, but there's no doubt white is a stud.

Wardog87

PB that's where you're right. They definitely haven't seen a player like that this year. I think they'll struggle with him. But, to touch on the size of Mayflowers twins, they're short, but they're so hard to bring down. So shifty and quick and can find a hole no one else seems to see. Their 40's may not scream at you, but it's like it translates to being so much faster on the field. I don't know, hard to explain. But I truly feel Deon is 5 inches away from being an SEC prospect.

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover has a few undersized kids as well. Javon Modica is 5'4". 135 lbs. he was smackover's leading tackler last year. He's not super fast. But he can take a big hit and get right back up. His brother is a sophomore and one their best WRs. He's pretty quick. I figured he would guard Keon when he is in the slot. I'm really excited for this game. I think it may end up being closer than some think. It could also be a blow out. Just depends on which team comes out to play. Penalities have cleaned up a lot more now and I like that.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: HogRider12 on November 12, 2017, 07:40:51 am
Mark my words. Smackover will not have the speed to keep up with Keon and Deon.
I hope your players and coaches have this same attitude.  The Bucks may lack in some areas, but mark my words, it isn't speed.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 12, 2017, 06:18:36 pm
I hope your players and coaches have this same attitude.  The Bucks may lack in some areas, but mark my words, it isn't speed.

I remember hearing a Fordyce coach say something similar to thei players this year,"Look they have NO SPEED. they cannot keep up with you. You guys got this."

KOJACK

Not big time impressed with Mayflower. I think they are solid but very beatabl...Wouldn't be shocked if Smacktown got em.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: KOJACK on November 12, 2017, 06:42:49 pm
Not big time impressed with Mayflower. I think they are solid but very beatabl...Wouldn't be shocked if Smacktown got em.
It would be a much bigger surprise than Newport knocking off Glen Rose.

Williebe147

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 10, 2017, 10:37:06 pm
Eagles soar.
This game will be Smackover by halftime. MF will be so far a head the clock will run all the time.
                Mf 63 and Smackover 24.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Monsta on November 10, 2017, 10:35:28 pm
This Could Be The End Of The Line PB

That's what I'm thinking.  Ive noticed during the course of the year that I have unexpectedly become a little bit of a Smackover fan.  Find myself rooting for them in most games.  Really not sure how this happened but my only explanation is that PB must have gotten to me some during the last couple of years.  I'm also a 2-3A fan though and really believe that The Buck will stop here.   Mayflower is fast and furious.   Gonna say Eagles by 25.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Williebe147 on November 12, 2017, 09:42:53 pm
                This game will be Smackover by halftime. MF will be so far a head the clock will run all the time.
                Mf 63 and Smackover 24.
I see your mom let you get online one last time before you had to go to bed.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Williebe147 on November 12, 2017, 09:42:53 pm
                Mf 63 and Smackover 24.

You're the same guy that said Harding would score 52 on JC. LOL. 

cuz

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 13, 2017, 04:42:20 am
You're the same guy that said Harding would score 52 on JC. LOL.
You got to admit PB he does have a sense of humor😉

Maximus Decimus Meridius

I'll be cheering for you from the Cotton Patch Proud Buck, just know we don't have an El Dorado field at disposal if we both get wins lol

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on November 13, 2017, 09:56:59 am
I'll be cheering for you from the Cotton Patch Proud Buck, just know we don't have an El Dorado field at disposal if we both get wins lol

LOL. If Smackover wins. I most definitely can tell you this. It won't be moved ever again. 😂

bleudog

Smackover (AR) at Mayflower (AR), 7:00pm   [projection: Mayflower (AR) 41-17]

http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2017/weekview.pl?week=Arkansas_13

Grayte88

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 12, 2017, 03:53:21 am
Watch all the film they want.  Still gotta stop him.  And yes I know they got runner backs we gotta stop too.  That's the name of the game.
The Mayflower defense is pretty good and hard to run against. Giving up 12 points a game. Whoever beats them will have to throw the ball quite a bit in my opinion!

Proud Buckaroo

Like I said in a previous post. Mayflower has not seen or played against a RB like Da'Marous. Smackover can pass well. Boone has a cannon as an arm. Still over throws sometimes though. Last week he threw two passes that both went for 45+ yards.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 13, 2017, 05:22:27 pm
Like I said in a previous post. Mayflower has not seen or played against a RB like Da'Marous. Smackover can pass well. Boone has a cannon as an arm. Still over throws sometimes though. Last week he threw two passes that both went for 45+ yards.
Likewise, Smackover has not seen a 1-2 punch like the twins. They will be a load. And to complicate matters, their quarterback doesn't throw a lot, but he's highly accurate.

Grayte88

That will open up the run game a little bit probably. Should be interesting.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 13, 2017, 05:25:29 pm
Likewise, Smackover has not seen a 1-2 punch like the twins. They will be a load. And to complicate matters, their quarterback doesn't throw a lot, but he's highly accurate.

But very rarely does he throw it passed the line of scrimmage. I've seen a lot of quick slants and bubble screens. I think #7 at Fordyce; a freshman is pretty close to being as quick, shifty as Deon. So, they've seen something CLOSE. But not the same.

Grayte88

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 13, 2017, 05:25:29 pm
Yes he is and you cant leave Meeshak Cole on the outside 1 on 1 to stop the run . He is hard to cover.

Grayte88

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 13, 2017, 05:28:05 pm
But very rarely does he throw it passed the line of scrimmage. I've seen a lot of quick slants and bubble screens. I think #7 at Fordyce; a freshman is pretty close to being as quick, shifty as Deon. So, they've seen something CLOSE. But not the same.
They will be dealing with 2 fast backs at the same time Friday. Its proven to be a nightmare for everyone so far and its going to take 40 to beat MF. Imo

HogRider12

Mayflower's QB has thrown 14TD&3Int, hasn't thrown and interception since week 4 and hasn't had an incompletion since week 7. They don't throw it a lot, but they can throw it. Meshach Cole is a threat outside and after the catch.  Keon simmons speed down the field makes it easy for him to get open and make huge plays.

Horse Shoe

I'm beginning to think some of you Eagle fans are delusional. I'm not trying to be disrespectful but it's pretty obvious y'all haven't had many playoff runs lately.  It's becoming comical that some of you think we have no speed.  You guys should win handily , but if your game plan is to just run circles around us, it might just blow up in your face. 
I'll go ahead and make my prediction early.
Mayflower 34
Smackover 17
And I think it will be closer than that going into the 4th quarter.

Moose

I have actually found myself pulling for Mayflower to win this game.  Their biggest problem is that they have played a weak schedule, and their starters have not had to play 4 quarters.  They are a good football team, but will they have the endurance in the long run?

Grayte88

I know Smack has speed. I seen them catch the Lamar running back after he got outside on them a few times. Let the twins get outside like that and see what happens! Im not sure what playoff runs in the past have to do with this season. The Falcons went to to the super bowl last season and has only won 4-5 games this year. Are they a favorite this year because they made a deep playoff run last season? Absolutely not. Doesnt matter at all.

Proud Buckaroo

I'm willing to bet since Mayflower very seldom takes runs up the middle that Coach Mike will spread his defensive line out wider to prevent those outside runs that Mayflower loves to take.  8) 8)

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Grayte88 on November 14, 2017, 10:42:06 am
I know Smack has speed. I seen them catch the Lamar running back after he got outside on them a few times. Let the twins get outside like that and see what happens! Im not sure what playoff runs in the past have to do with this season. The Falcons went to to the super bowl last season and has only won 4-5 games this year. Are they a favorite this year because they made a deep playoff run last season? Absolutely not. Doesnt matter at all.
I referenced your playoff history purely based on your respect for other teams having speed.  Most teams with playoff history see that speed doesn't mean as much come playoff time because everyone has it.  Speed means more when you can consistently break through the line and get downfield.  Don't bank on beating us to the edge, it won't work as often as you would like to think.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 14, 2017, 11:13:12 am
I'm willing to bet since Mayflower very seldom takes runs up the middle that Coach Mike will spread his defensive line out wider to prevent those outside runs that Mayflower loves to take.  8) 8)
I'm sure that will work.

Clash

I think Mayflower is going to be pushed. The players think they are better, and they may be, but you can never assume you won the game before you even stepped foot on the field. Smack will play it close and may surprise some people.

Horse Shoe

Did Jeff move to Mayflower??  Just wondering.

KOJACK

Horse Shoe

I remember when we thought our speed would just run Rivercrest right off the field. So much so, that we moved the game to a field with artificial turf.  Didn't turn out very good.   ::)

panther07

Quote from: Oldman on November 14, 2017, 01:01:37 pm
I'm sure that will work.

No doubt it'll work. Just become unsound and see if that'll do the trick. Just get in a 5 and a 9 on both sides and Contain. I've seen it happen so many times....

KOJACK

Quote from: panther07 on November 14, 2017, 01:44:57 pm
No doubt it'll work. Just become unsound and see if that'll do the trick. Just get in a 5 and a 9 on both sides and Contain. I've seen it happen so many times....
What if you throw a shade in there??? Would that help

panther07

Quote from: KOJACK on November 14, 2017, 01:46:32 pm
What if you throw a shade in there??? Would that help

Shade to the field, 5 and 9 on both sides. Have two guys accounting for the c gap. Leaves no gaps unfilled. It's perfect!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas